Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What happened to Peter Forrest?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Mister Chief posted:

http://stats.espncricinfo.com/ci/engine/player/232285.html?class=2;template=results;type=allround;view=match

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Oh dear.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Bloody solid powerplay bowling by the Poms. Even with Dernbach.

Pomersbach just hit 112 off 70 in the BBL semi, tournament has been a lot of tripe but that was great.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol Woakes is having a mare.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

So is Dernbach :getin:

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I cannot fathom a thought process that would result in Dernbach bowling the final over of an ODI.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Just setting ourselves a bit of a challenge this time.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

PTizzle posted:

I cannot fathom a thought process that would result in Dernbach bowling the final over of an ODI.

There seems to be this thought that he's a tight bowler, despite a career economy rate of over 6. I remember Nasser Hussain saying once that he's England's Malinga lol

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Oi umpire if it's outside leg it's not LBW innit

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Unless it's in India.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

PTizzle posted:

Oi umpire if it's outside leg it's not LBW innit

Another dodgy umpire decision against cook lol.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
Is Kumar actually medium pace? He gets a shitload of wickets. Or is he like, 125-130 'military' with a lot of swing.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

hahaha England are actually going to lose this, aren't they?

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.

Mister Chief posted:

He's been poo poo for Queensland this season too.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not England's finest batting tail this.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
No doubt India will use this win to sweep the test series under the rug.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
I still want to meet someone whose favourite player is Jade Dernbach

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!
NB Not Jade Dernbach himself

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Jadeja seemed to enjoy his bowling.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I meet Jade at a party the other day and he had the indecency not to be a wanker, in fact he's a really nice guy.

So, because I didn't have the balls to call him a piechucker to his face, me.

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

Dernbach's a good T20 bowler but he doesn't have the consistency to play the longer forms effectively. He can't seem to bowl a consistent line so becomes easy to score runs off during the start and middle of games.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
There is something very wrong with the world if Mohammad Amir goes to prison for being pressured into bowling two no-balls in a match, while Lance Armstrong who heading an decade long international doping ring does not.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

RideTheSpiral posted:

There is something very wrong with the world

where have you been living? in a chinese pipe?

Rollie Fingers
Jul 28, 2002

What's worse is that there were people in this thread saying things like "only two years in prison????"

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

RideTheSpiral posted:

There is something very wrong with the world if Mohammad Amir goes to prison for being pressured into bowling two no-balls in a match, while Lance Armstrong who heading an decade long international doping ring does not.

He may face jail yet if convicted of perjury. Now, he'd have to be tried first which is a whole other issue. He's likely to use his knowledge to destroy everyone in the sport's management that had any clue (or even didn't if he can manufacture suspicion) as to what he was doing but turned a blind eye. That might get him enough goodwill to prevent a perjury trial. Though anything he says would have to actually have an impact on ousting the corrupt officials as well, but I can't see that not happening if he speaks out.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Lol that was all Woakes and Dernbach creating scoreboard pressure by chucking loving pies at Dhoni.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Michael Hussey is keeping in the BBL semi for some reason.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Mister Chief posted:

Cos it owns I'd imagine.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Why are we playing an ODI series against the West Indies right after we play Sri Lanka? There will have been 10 ODI matches and 3 T20's in about a 1 month period..

TobyObi
Mar 7, 2005
Ain't nobody Obi like Toby ;)

Mister Chief posted:

Wants a callup to the one day side.

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Scylo posted:

Why are we playing an ODI series against the West Indies right after we play Sri Lanka? There will have been 10 ODI matches and 3 T20's in about a 1 month period..

Ummm... we've been playing 10+ ODIs after the test series for an eternity now. If anything there are actually less games now, compared to back in the day when we had the tri-series tournaments of 12 games + finals (including ODIs not featuring Australia). Actually, last year was a return tri-series too from memory.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Quality article celebrating 80 years to the day of England truly dominating Australia.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-nottinghamshire-21013615

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

Windmill Hut posted:

Ummm... we've been playing 10+ ODIs after the test series for an eternity now. If anything there are actually less games now, compared to back in the day when we had the tri-series tournaments of 12 games + finals (including ODIs not featuring Australia). Actually, last year was a return tri-series too from memory.

That's a good point and I completely forgot about that somehow. I am an idiot. :v:

Windmill Hut
Jul 21, 2008

Scylo posted:

That's a good point and I completely forgot about that somehow. I am an idiot. :v:

To be fair, they are usually pretty forgettable series.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
When I was a kid the tests and ODIs were sprinkled over the whole summer. I get the difficulty in doing that from a team scheduling point of view but I think it kept fans of just one format somewhat interested in the other.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Last over had a dropped catch, missed run-out and a no-ball on the last ball. The big bash is clearly fixed.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

That was mental.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
When's the next test match on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

friday

• Locked thread