Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

So, what's happening with the video podcast thing Scott mentioned on CBB? I don't get exactly what's happening.
Videoed Nerd Poker would be great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Pretty sure Scott said he'd post recorded material here and they'd start this weekend (the 18th and 19th?) at 5:00 PM EST. I'm stuck at work so I can't verify that. I'm not sure if this is the TV/video format Jeff was hinting at but either way it sounds fun.

I subscribe to NNF which used to let you choose between audio only, or audio + video. I only chose the audio option because it was cheaper. They've since gone to a single fee model providing audio + video and I have to say, I enjoy seeing the reactions of Jimmy and the guests more than just hearing the podcast.

What I'm curious about is when is this new Analyze Phish supposed to drop? Earwolf.com's blog posted today:

Earwolf's Blog posted:

You're going to want to subscribe to the Analyze Phish feed...

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Teenage Fansub posted:

Watching Brian Posehn get winded after a die roll would be great.

Dancing Potato
May 21, 2007
Maybe the Instagram filters are a result of Ramhand's ramhand?

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Besser talking about politics is the loving worst. Tim Tebow is considered politics in American, right?

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
Live video podcast announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvUqxSz_1w

Appearently, they're going to be streaming through Youtube along with a bunch of other podcasts through something called Video Podcast Network. So... whoo! I guess. No word on if there'll be a subscription or anything.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

VideoPodcastNetwork posted:

Video Podcast Network is a next generation collective of the best comedy podcasts around; broadcasting live weekly. VIDEO PODCAST NETWORK (or VPN) will feature exclusive and fully produced visual podcasts from all of the most popular comedy podcasters, including Adam Carolla, The Big Three, and the Earwolf Network (Comedy Bang Bang w/ Scott Auckerman, How Did This Get Made? w/ Paul Scheer and more). Produced by VPN creator and Emmy nominated producer Daniel Kellison (Late Night/Late Show with David Letterman, Jimmy Kimmel Live).

Seems pretty awesome. Can't wait to see CBB and HDTGM in video form.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
I bet it's going to look like a bunch of people sitting in a room talking.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

jyrka posted:

I bet it's going to look like a bunch of people sitting in a room talking.

Any other expectation will be met with disappointment. Hopefully they are well received, we'll see.

redz
Sep 19, 2003

What's a not gay way to ask him to go camping with me?
I always enjoy the Never Not Funny video when I'm able to watch them imstead of listening in the car. CBB might be more entertaining if people come in with their half assed, but great costumes like some people did during the live tour.

Lugaloco
Jun 29, 2011

Ice to see you!

Now we can get that mimages enhanced quick cut "Mai Wife" compilation we've all been begging for.

Mai wife

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
I subscribed to VPN but am now filled with terror that I might accidentally watch a few seconds of an Adam Carolla podcast.

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

abraham linksys posted:

Live video podcast announcement:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKvUqxSz_1w

Appearently, they're going to be streaming through Youtube along with a bunch of other podcasts through something called Video Podcast Network. So... whoo! I guess. No word on if there'll be a subscription or anything.

Seeing that clip makes me miss the CBB TV show.

Scott channels such a creepy vibe through mimages.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
On another note, in Nerd Poker do you suppose Gerry will come back with a new surprise character?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

So when is the first CBB on this VPN thing? I too am afraid of accidentally watching an Adam Carolla podcast.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.
Anyone still not listening to Reality Show Show is a drat fool.

Their latest episode is hilarious. It has the easy playful camaraderie between the hosts that the show seems to excel at--it's got like a goofier, nerdier Uhh Yeah Dude vibe--and their riff on The Bachelor contestants is hilarious.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

LesterGroans posted:

Their latest episode is hilarious. It has the easy playful camaraderie between the hosts that the show seems to excel at--it's got like a goofier, nerdier Uhh Yeah Dude vibe--and their riff on The Bachelor contestants is hilarious.

Alright, I think I have to finally cave and give this a listen. I was unsure of it because I don't watch any reality TV, but the response in this thread has been ridiculously positive.

Edit: Should I just start at the beginning or cherry pick some episodes?

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

tnimark posted:

Alright, I think I have to finally cave and give this a listen. I was unsure of it because I don't watch any reality TV, but the response in this thread has been ridiculously positive.

Honestly every episode has been pretty great. If you don't mind listening to 12 episodes starting at the beginning would be fun, but I don't think you'll be lost at all if you just start with the newest one.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

LesterGroans posted:

It really is fantastic. I think I like the tabletop aspect of the podcast the most.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

tnimark posted:

You can jump around if you want but it's been pretty consistent. I think Sean and Hayes have gotten more relaxed over time but it's such an easy chemistry to start with.

And don't worry, I've watched none of the reality shows they've talked about so far--except for Shark Tank--and I still love it.

reflir
Oct 29, 2004

So don't. Stay here with me.

Fezz posted:

On another note, in Nerd Poker do you suppose Gerry will come back with a new surprise character?

Of course. I expected him to be one of the bell ends, but now he'll probably turn up as a prisoner in the collector base.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

e: for the record, I'm ok with this.

epic weed mom fucked around with this message at 10:04 on Jan 17, 2013

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
100% agree with how great Reality Show Show is, probably the podcast I look forward to most these days. Hard to pick out any favourite moments but the insanely long bit they did on the Survivor contestant's fake laugh was brilliant, as was the bit about Jeff Probst's delicious po-tater.

jeffullrich
Nov 29, 2012

Conduit for Sale! posted:

So when is the first CBB on this VPN thing? I too am afraid of accidentally watching an Adam Carolla podcast.

Friday night, 5pm PST!

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

Jaws is my favorite movie and and more than ok with this.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Dark Weasel posted:

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

I actually prefer this.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

jeffullrich posted:

Friday night, 5pm PST!

Will we be able to watch it later if we aren't able to watch the stream?

cams
Mar 28, 2003

Dark Weasel posted:

Analyze FISH

SON OF A BITCH.

I'm OK with this but I want Wittels, damnit.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I'm looking forward to Analyze Fifth.

lament.cfg
Dec 28, 2006

we have such posts
to show you

Analyze Analyze This?

Poopy Palpy
Jun 10, 2000

Im da fwiggin Poopy Palpy XD
A religious discussion show called "Analyze ><>"?

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Greggy posted:

Will we be able to watch it later if we aren't able to watch the stream?

Carolla's VPN show is still up so I would assume so. Not much point going to all the trouble of filming if it will only be seen once.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

Poopy Palpy posted:

A religious discussion show called "Analyze ><>"?

A show where one comedian tries to convert another would be so excruciating it'd be a must listen.

Lord Wexia
Sep 27, 2005

Boo zombie apocalypse.
Hooray beer!
Did anyone watch Kroll Show last night? I was shocked at all of the talent on screen during the "Sex In the City: For Dudes" part. I also completely lost it at Jon Daly asking whether or not "My Wife!" is still a funny thing to say. I don't know if that is an in-joke in that circle of friends or not but as an avid CBB listener it killed me.

I also really hope Mikey and his curling coach make an appearance on CBB!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Lord Wexia posted:

Did anyone watch Kroll Show last night? I was shocked at all of the talent on screen during the "Sex In the City: For Dudes" part. I also completely lost it at Jon Daly asking whether or not "My Wife!" is still a funny thing to say. I don't know if that is an in-joke in that circle of friends or not but as an avid CBB listener it killed me.

I also really hope Mikey and his curling coach make an appearance on CBB!

I watched it and really liked it, thought it stayed funny throughout. And yeah, the group for the SITC (for dudes) was crazy.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

This is the schedule for VPN

Friday, January 18
- Comedy Bang Bang with Scott Aukerman at 6PM MST
- You Made It Weird with Pete Holmes at 7:30PM MST

Saturday, January 19
- Who Charted? With Howard Kremer and Kulap Vilaysack at 3PM MST
- Call Chelsea Peretti at 4:30PM MST
- Comedy Bang Bang with Scott Aukerman at 6PM MST
- Windy City Heat featuring Don Barris, Perry Caravello and Mole at 8:45PM MST

So we get two CBBs this weekend.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Teenage Fansub posted:

So, what's happening with the video podcast thing Scott mentioned on CBB? I don't get exactly what's happening.

I would be really interested in a video version of Nerd Poker, I stopped listening after like two episodes just because all the guys who weren't Brian Posehn blended together to me.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
There's only two other guys that sound like Brian Posehn. Then the other two guys sound like each other, oddly.

vvv true

UP AND ADAM fucked around with this message at 00:58 on Jan 18, 2013

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

I was a bit confused until I noticed that the guy playing the dragonkin is really boring, so any voice I wasn't sure about would be him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009
Sorry if this has already been answered somewhere and I missed it, but are the CBB episodes on VPN entirely new episodes specifically recorded for VPN and won't be released as audio-only podcasts? Or have they been recording video of recent podcast episodes and they're airing those on VPN?