Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!
I really enjoyed Persona 3, so 4 has been on my extended playlist for quite some time. I finally, literally just got around to starting it, and I find out there's a fancy enhanced version I can't play. There is absolutely no way I can justify/afford buying a Vita for this, so I'm stuck with the original. I admit, I'm a little pissed off that Atlus didn't have the decency to backport Golden to the PS2 like P3:FES, or to the 360/PS3. :smith:

Anyway, I'm mostly just curious how much is added at the end of the game. Is a lot more story, or is it something I can get on youtube and watch fairly quick after winning the standard version of the game? I know I'm missing out on a lot of little stuff, but I'm sort of hoping I'm still going to get 95% of the main plot experience.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I bit the bullet and ordered the first part of the Persona 4 anime on blue disc. If I'm at the November dungeon right now, would I be able to watch all of part 1 without spoiling myself?

Hope you like the dub!

The Blurays don't have a Japanese language option.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Fintilgin posted:

Anyway, I'm mostly just curious how much is added at the end of the game. Is a lot more story, or is it something I can get on youtube and watch fairly quick after winning the standard version of the game? I know I'm missing out on a lot of little stuff, but I'm sort of hoping I'm still going to get 95% of the main plot experience.
I would say it's not an insignificant amount of new content, though it really just boils down to a new dungeon and a new epilogue. Along with an extra month for Social Links and such. I don't think it'd be easily youtube-able, but I'm sure someone's done it already.

There are also two new S. Links altogether (one of which is really great), and of course lots of other minor additions that for the most part are a net positive. It's pretty swell.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

Nessa posted:

Hope you like the dub!

The Blurays don't have a Japanese language option.

I don't really mind. I'm not a super sperg about these things when it comes to anime. Live action is a different story.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Repel Physical I inherited from a fusion became Null Physical from a Skill card as well as Counter becoming Counterstrike. Hoping for another one to pop to maybe upgrade Dodge Wind to Repel Wind.

Resist, not Repel, upgrades into Null. Further Magicians won't have any affect.

Dodge upgrades to Evade.

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Detective No. 27 posted:

I don't really mind. I'm not a super sperg about these things when it comes to anime. Live action is a different story.

Okay, that's cool.:) I watched it in Japanese when it came out and am not too much of a fan of a couple of the new voice actors.

As much as I adore Johnny Yong Bosch in other things, I really don't care for him as the voice of Yu. (I know he voiced the callouts for the game, and that was okay because he didn't have to talk to Adachi at all.) I like the deep, deadpan voice of the Japanese voice actor a lot more. Just personal preference is all.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Fintilgin posted:

I admit, I'm a little pissed off that Atlus didn't have the decency to backport Golden to the PS2 like P3:FES, or to the 360/PS3. :smith:

Don't be, FES was an expansion they made before P3P, which this is more equivalent to.

Fintilgin posted:

A lot of smaller things, mostly. You could probably find most of it on youtube, but it all adds up to be worth the second purchase (if you had a vita anyways). You will still get the core experience with the PS2 version, so don't worry about it.

Mr. Podunkian
Feb 28, 2005

welcome to murder city, i'm the mayor

Fintilgin posted:

You should be okay. I finished the original P4 just before P4G was released, and the new content (while really cool) is really there to just flesh out the relationships that are already in the game. Not a whole lot is added to the main plot itself, so you should be completely okay with just Youtubing the extra content -- honestly, you wouldn't know anything was missing from the vanilla game unless someone told you, and all of the new content is one-off to the point that I'm pretty sure anyone playing P4G as their first Persona 4 experience could probably point out which events were added to Golden just from how they sort of disrupt the story.

You will, however, be playing a much harder (and potentially more frustrating) game. If you've got a decent PC, you can also run the game through a PS2 emulator and get super crisp visuals (I only encountered slowdown on a handful of battles, but the rest of the game seemed to run perfectly).

Of course, what's probably gonna happen if you're anything like me is that you're gonna get through P4, want to start New Game+, but instead end up buying a Vita and P4G and then beating the game over again (and then again on New Game+).

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

W.T. Fits posted:

Resist, not Repel, upgrades into Null. Further Magicians won't have any affect.

Dodge upgrades to Evade.

Edit: Bah, nevermind. I never get my skills straight.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Mr. Podunkian posted:

You should be okay. I finished the original P4 just before P4G was released, and the new content (while really cool) is really there to just flesh out the relationships that are already in the game. Not a whole lot is added to the main plot itself, so you should be completely okay with just Youtubing the extra content -- honestly, you wouldn't know anything was missing from the vanilla game unless someone told you, and all of the new content is one-off to the point that I'm pretty sure anyone playing P4G as their first Persona 4 experience could probably point out which events were added to Golden just from how they sort of disrupt the story.

You will, however, be playing a much harder (and potentially more frustrating) game. If you've got a decent PC, you can also run the game through a PS2 emulator and get super crisp visuals (I only encountered slowdown on a handful of battles, but the rest of the game seemed to run perfectly).

Of course, what's probably gonna happen if you're anything like me is that you're gonna get through P4, want to start New Game+, but instead end up buying a Vita and P4G and then beating the game over again (and then again on New Game+).

Well, this is all a little reassuring. I'd been avoiding reading this thread too much so I wouldn't feel sad at being stuck with a ~lesser~ version of the game.

I actually am playing it on PCS2X, which is my first experience with a PS2 emulator. Blown away at how amazing PS2 games look running at 1920x1200. Actually it's partially because I tried THREE copies of Persona 4 on my PS2 (first purchase, exchange, friends copy) and NONE of them would work. My PS2 would just not read Persona 4. Never had that problem with any other game.

Not much chance of New Game+. I don't think I've ever done that for any game ever. I'm like the least achievement focused gamer ever. The thought of spending any time explicitly trying to fill out the compendium or something gives me the heebie-jeebies. I pretty much just play games like this for the story/experience. :shobon:

I just hope Persona 5 comes out for the 360 or PC (hahahahahahahah) so I can play it, since I'm not buying a PS3 either. Likelyhood of that? Probably nill. :smith:

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Fintilgin posted:

Well, this is all a little reassuring. I'd been avoiding reading this thread too much so I wouldn't feel sad at being stuck with a ~lesser~ version of the game.

I actually am playing it on PCS2X, which is my first experience with a PS2 emulator. Blown away at how amazing PS2 games look running at 1920x1200. Actually it's partially because I tried THREE copies of Persona 4 on my PS2 (first purchase, exchange, friends copy) and NONE of them would work. My PS2 would just not read Persona 4. Never had that problem with any other game.

Not much chance of New Game+. I don't think I've ever done that for any game ever. I'm like the least achievement focused gamer ever. The thought of spending any time explicitly trying to fill out the compendium or something gives me the heebie-jeebies. I pretty much just play games like this for the story/experience. :shobon:

I just hope Persona 5 comes out for the 360 or PC (hahahahahahahah) so I can play it, since I'm not buying a PS3 either. Likelyhood of that? Probably nill. :smith:

Now obviously don't take my word as law, but Catherine was developed for both the 360 and PS3 so that the Persona team would be comfortable making games on both consoles. We also got Persona 4 Arena for both consoles (even though Atlus didn't develop all of it). Stands to reason that the possibility of a 360 version of Persona 5 wouldn't be out of the question.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Jan 17, 2013

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Honestly the two things I would miss the most if I went back to play the PS2 version would just be the ability to select inheritances, and costumes. I don't really feel that strongly over the added slinks so far, but I guess jester doesn't pay off until the end or something.

Costumes is kind of a deal breaker for me though. It's so nice to finally wear the much better drawn winter/summer outfits for most of the characters instead of the 24/7 school uniforms (although I do like the gekkokan school outfit on Kanji).

By the time Persona 5 comes out, you can probably pick up a PS3 from a yard sale for like 50 bucks.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

Fintilgin posted:

I admit, I'm a little pissed off that Atlus didn't have the decency to backport Golden to the PS2 like P3:FES, or to the 360/PS3. :smith:

Uhhh really? They didnt have the decency to port this game over to the 360. ATLUUUUUUUUS

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Exmond posted:

Uhhh really? They didnt have the decency to port this game over to the 360. ATLUUUUUUUUS

Well, more backport to the PS2. A modern console would have been a bonus. It's just annoying to lock the best version of the game to a 300$ handheld. I'm just a little frustrated, that's all. Not raging or anything. :(

Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

Fintilgin posted:

Well, more backport to the PS2. A modern console would have been a bonus. It's just annoying to lock the best version of the game to a 300$ handheld. I'm just a little frustrated, that's all. Not raging or anything. :(

Yeah, it would have been impossible to backport to the PS2. Golden had all the 3D graphics redone specifically for the Vita. It just wouldn't work on the PS2.

I gladly spent $250 on a Vita for The Golden alone and I do not regret it.

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

Nessa posted:

Yeah, it would have been impossible to backport to the PS2. Golden had all the 3D graphics redone specifically for the Vita. It just wouldn't work on the PS2.

Oh, well. Didn't know that.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Well, the assumption would be in this hypothetical scenario that you'd just have the extra content and not the graphics. I think that would have been possible on the PS2.

For what it's worth, while the graphics in the Vita version look great, I never really notice the differences until I see the screenshots side by side. While playing the original I certainly didn't think it was an ugly game (though I did play it on PCSX2 as well).

epenthesis
Jan 12, 2008

I'M TAKIN' YOU PUNKS DOWN!

Nessa posted:

More to the point...it's apparently too late to bring over the Eternal Punishment PSP port. But it's indecent not to port Golden to a system that's actually been discontinued?

Autism
Jul 1, 2009

FREEDOM
INCARNATE

Fintilgin posted:

I just fail to see the benefit of doing that. Sure, it's cool if you don't have a vita, but it's not like they're doing anything wrong by keeping it a vita exclusive.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?
It's never too late to translate Eternal Punishment, Atlus. You hear me?

It's never too late. :(

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

The Grimace posted:

It's never too late to translate Eternal Punishment, Atlus. You hear me?

It's never too late. :(

On one hand, I would really like this. On the other hand, it would break the straight line of sequential Persona games I have on my Vita's home screen.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Alright, I have a question. I'm at the Void Quest Boss and I think I've screwed myself over. It's the second-to-last day before game over, and I'm stuck with everyone at mid-30s. I haven't actually had the game over occur yet, but I figured I was getting close so I looked up the exact date. My question is, have I ruined my save? I don't know if I can grind 10 levels for my party in one day, given that I have no reliable way to restore SP and often have all my grinding progress wiped out by a wonderful Last Resort.

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

carry on then posted:

Alright, I have a question. I'm at the Void Quest Boss and I think I've screwed myself over. It's the second-to-last day before game over, and I'm stuck with everyone at mid-30s. I haven't actually had the game over occur yet, but I figured I was getting close so I looked up the exact date. My question is, have I ruined my save? I don't know if I can grind 10 levels for my party in one day, given that I have no reliable way to restore SP and often have all my grinding progress wiped out by a wonderful Last Resort.

Feel free to run out of time; you rewind back a week after a game over so you can plan out things some more. If you're having trouble being underleveled, just hunt down some Golden Hands.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

carry on then posted:

If you have many yens, can you just use the Fox to restore SP?

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Abusing the SOS system on a low level floor (say, the first floor of the first dungeon) isn't a terrible last ditch ploy either.

I would normally expect you'd be making plenty of money by that time, as well as have Hermit at a decent enough level, that you'd be able to easily afford filling up at the fox.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

If you don't have Fox at like rank 7 or 8+ by mid-summer, then I feel bad for ya' son.

lotus circle
Dec 25, 2012

Jushure Iburu
So don't worry

carry on then posted:

I think you'll be fine. If there's no way to restore SP try to stick to physical attacks and run from enemies are that immune to it. Do as much as you can, go back home to sleep and finish it on the last day. Go to the stores in the Shopping District and get healing items if you need it before going back inside the TV. If all else fails the game rewinds to a week ago. I'm fairly sure you don't lose any levels you gained, but if you upgraded an S.Link during that time period it goes back down I believe.

A tip for grinding: if there are multiple enemies immune to the same thing, let your other characters either physical attack or guard and let the one character that can hit the weakness do so (like if there are three enemies weak to fire, have yukiko hit them and everyone else guard)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
It's obviously too late to do this now, but one thing that I like doing on non-NG+ runs is loading on TaP Soda from the very beginning of the game. Just check the machine every other day or whatever and end up with 50+ specifically for dungeon runs. It works out to be cheaper per SP than even the Fox link maxed out I believe.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Nate RFB posted:

It's obviously too late to do this now, but one thing that I like doing on non-NG+ runs is loading on TaP Soda from the very beginning of the game. Just check the machine every other day or whatever and end up with 50+ specifically for dungeon runs. It works out to be cheaper SP than even the Fox link maxed out I believe.

TaP vending machine refills every Monday.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Thanks for all the pointers, I'll try some different strategies. I've probably neglected the Hermit (only at level 2) so that's why the Fox doesn't seem like much help. I've attempted the boss once and while I wasn't destroyed immediately, it didn't feel like I had any control over how the fight was progressing (I'd chip away at his health bit by bit, then he'd nearly kill all of the party, requiring a Mediarama and/or Amrita from my biggest damage dealers) As for the grinding, my main issue is just those high-damage attacks at bad times; maybe if I went a few floors down I'd fare better.

It probably wouldn't be too bad getting a mulligan for the week; I'd lose a bunch of social link ranks including a /!\serious relationship/!\ but I already have the trophy so it's not a big loss.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

carry on then posted:

Thanks for all the pointers, I'll try some different strategies. I've probably neglected the Hermit (only at level 2) so that's why the Fox doesn't seem like much help. I've attempted the boss once and while I wasn't destroyed immediately, it didn't feel like I had any control over how the fight was progressing (I'd chip away at his health bit by bit, then he'd nearly kill all of the party, requiring a Mediarama and/or Amrita from my biggest damage dealers) As for the grinding, my main issue is just those high-damage attacks at bad times; maybe if I went a few floors down I'd fare better.

It probably wouldn't be too bad getting a mulligan for the week; I'd lose a bunch of social link ranks including a /!\serious relationship/!\ but I already have the trophy so it's not a big loss.

If you don't have black frost yet, try to get him. That wound up being what I needed to get past that part.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames
Jesus, just did the (December spoilers) change of Slink to Jester to Hunger. The bit where Adachi shoots at the MC honestly made me think I hosed up and ended the game, especially because I had just told him that I'd only be another victim if he shot me. :stare:

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Bogart posted:

Jesus, just did the (December spoilers) change of Slink to Jester to Hunger. The bit where Adachi shoots at the MC honestly made me think I hosed up and ended the game, especially because I had just told him that I'd only be another victim if he shot me. :stare:

This made me jump too. I mean, it's a totally new addition to the game, and during it, I was honestly expecting to find out that I would get a game over. I still wonder if he would have shot me if I would have answered any other way. They did a VERY good job of making this scene incredibly tense.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

carry on then posted:

I'm sure you will probably be able to get through the dungeon one way or another, but when you do so I think you need to prioritize Hermit for a while, which may be hard if any of the quests require you to do stuff at school during summer vacation. 2 is way too low for that point of the game.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Bogart posted:

The Grimace posted:

This made me jump too. I mean, it's a totally new addition to the game, and during it, I was honestly expecting to find out that I would get a game over. I still wonder if he would have shot me if I would have answered any other way. They did a VERY good job of making this scene incredibly tense.

That entire scene is amazing. I made a save specifically at that spot, both so I could go back and see all the dialogue options for it, and just because I might want to watch it again without having to go through the whole game. :allears:

Nondevor
Jun 1, 2011

catposting

W.T. Fits posted:

That entire scene is amazing. I made a save specifically at that spot, both so I could go back and see all the dialogue options for it, and just because I might want to watch it again without having to go through the whole game. :allears:

That scene was one of the best additions to P4G, bar none. Wasn't expecting it at all, so I missed my chance to make a save at that spot like I did with the other new events. Guess I'll have to get there on my NG+. :v:

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

carry on then posted:

It seems like beating that boss involves a lot of luck with what element he chooses. He tried to use cold magic the second time I fought him, and I was able to laugh off his attacks with Black Frost, Teddie, Chie, and a Blue Paprika on Yukiko.

manny kaltz
Oct 16, 2011

What?...
So, who else has been masochistic enough, or supremely confident in their abilities, to play through on the 'Very Hard' difficulty?

I did!

This is my third playthough, with my first one being 'Very Hard' and my NG+ run on Normal.

Anyway, the lesser amounts of experience you get has meant that I was only able to be Shadow Yukiko on 4/27 rather than on the second day possible like I could before. I've noticed that I had to be lot better at managing my time on this difficulty (but having played this game three times before helped):

1. The S-link experience gains were a lot more important, because the Personas grew slower than ever. I actually had to spend three days doing the Strength S-link to be able to get a Valkyrie with Media. I wasn't able to grind the Personas to get skills anywhere as easily as I could on 'Hard'.

2. I was grinding the bottom floor of Yukiko's castle for SP healing items. Thank god for letting Snuff Souls be available in the red chests.

The higher floors were for grinding Slime to get Resist Physical, Ukobach to get Resist Fire, Heirophant to get Resist Wind (less important). The amount of times I could spend an extra 1/2 hour - 1 hour in the castle because I found a Snuff Soul in a chest ...

I also made the decision to try out Personas that I haven't used before, so rather than using a Senri my team for taking on Shadow Yukiko was:

a) Berith w/ Resist Phys (innate Null Fire), Red Wall, Media
b) Eligor w/ Resist Fire (innate Resist Phys), Tarunda, Rakunda
c) Archangel w/ Bufu and Ice Boost (from a Skill-Changed Valkyrie)

My MC was the healer and buffer, so the battle took a while but since I was cautious I was never really worried.

3. Thank goodness for the Emperor Card

4. Why do the Cups arcana never come up when I need them?!

I just looked at my save file: 19 hours and 45 minutes

For the sake of comparison, I finished my 'Hard' Run in 96 hours.

Now if you will excuse me I am off the prioritise the Hermit S-link (something else I've never really had to do before). Level 19 cannot come soon enough, then I can fuse myself a Sarasvati. :smug: :shepicide:

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!
I'm kind of late to the tarot talk, but back when the original P3 came out, I was so amazed by the use of the Tarot as a symbolic backdrop that I decided to teach myself to do basic readings. And I can honestly say that it enriches the P3/4 games a lot and gives you new perspectives on how to view certain characters. You also start to notice how the writers understand the symbolism themselves (a lot of tarot reading is subjective in nature and based on how the reader views the card even if it is counter to the "proper meaning"), as many of the oft misinterpreted arcana are initially written with a mask of this misinterpretation, then slowly reveal themselves to the true meaning of the card.

The most common examples of this are Death and The Devil. Most people instinctively consider the Death and Devil cards to be the most damning, but in reality (at least for the Death card), they can be viewed fairly positively. Death in this sense means the potential for shedding unnecessary burdens and allowing yourself to be reborn. In Hisano's S-link, you initially think that she is given the Death Arcana based on the demise of her husband and her obsession with calling herself "Death." However, she eventually comes to realize that with her husband's passing, she no longer has to feel that her relationship with him was one of restriction due to his onset of Alzheimer's.

A similar bait and switch is given in Sayako's S-Link where most people would instinctively think the label is given based on her devilish attitude and mischievous demeanor. The true meaning of the card, however, is one of restriction. But not just any restriction -- self-imposed restriction. As Sayoko becomes more obsessed with helping patients by overworking herself, she morphs into a classic workaholic who is unable to unshackle herself from her professional life (all due to a sense of guilt from a previous case in her last hospital). It is also interesting to note that some variants of The Devil depict the Baphomet figure (as we see in the game) holding a double chain which wraps around the necks of the male and female from the Lovers arcana, albeit very loosely to symbolize self-imposed enslavement.

I also found it interesting that the writers seem to be using a mixed tarot set. It has some elements of the classic Rider-Waite Tarot deck and some elements of the Thoth Tarot deck. For instance, the Strength arcana is labeled as number XI in the game, which is the R-W label and symbol for the arcana, but the Thoth numeral. In P3FES, they use both the Universe and the World arcana, even those they are equivalent in their meaning, much like the Judgement and Aeon arcana. (Though, to be fair, the Aeon arcana includes a less limited meaning, instead focusing on the idea of forging ahead regardless of the past than the idea of resurrection and redemption which is why I find Marie being labeled Aeon to be quite fitting even though we have another XX in Justice.)

This is also why I was kind of surprised when they decided to use the Jester for Adachi, as the Jester depiction is used primarily in French suited decks and some Italian decks which are somewhat removed from the Thoth and Rider-Waite variants. While the parallel is fairly obvious (both The Fool and The Jester being 0), using the Jester for Adachi fits amazingly well if you think of him as just a puppet dancer for Izanagi and Ameno-Sagiri.

AlternateNu fucked around with this message at 14:59 on Jan 17, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeathSandwich
Apr 24, 2008

I fucking hate puzzles.

carry on then posted:

Nobody else mentioned it, but you can also go back to the first dungeon and farm easy enemies for shuffle times. Pick up cup cards and use SoSes and Rise to bring up your SP. Kill Golden hands there for a spot of experience.

Also have you gone back and done the optional bosses for the dungeons you've already cleared? Just working your way to the top of those dungeons you can play super conservative and wind up with more SP than you entered with and by now all of em should be pretty easy.

Edit:

AlternateNu posted:

This is also why I was kind of surprised when they decided to use the Jester for Adachi, as the Jester depiction is used primarily in French suited decks and some Italian decks which are somewhat removed from the Thoth and Rider-Waite variants. While the parallel is fairly obvious (both The Fool and The Jester being 0), using the Jester for Adachi fits amazingly well if you think of him as just a puppet dancer for Izanagi and Ameno-Sagiri.
The reason they decided to (endgame spoilers)use Jester for Adachi is because he's suppose to symbolize the fool reversed. Personality wise he's the opposite of the main character, where the Hero takes the move to Inaba as a way to start a new adventure and begin this journey, Adachi sees it as a dead end and closes himself off to personal growth. As seen with the old neighbor lady in his Slink, when she reached out to him he retreated and just bitched that she was annoying. Adachi resented being sent to Inaba and uses it as an excuse to act out and gently caress with people. His chance to take the fool's journey was doomed before his feet hit the ground because of his mindset. After the events in December, his Arcana changes to Hunger, strength reversed. If strength represents self control and composure, then hunger would represent self indulgence and agitation. The facade has fallen off of him, and he has shown that the whole thing was essentially a game to him. Everything started because he wasn't given what he felt was his due respect, so he taught the people who he felt had wronged him a lesson. Inside of the TV, the shadows gave him right of way because the TV world is a sort of gestalt collaboration of mankind's self indulgences and he was essentially self indulgence personified.

DeathSandwich fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Jan 17, 2013

• Locked thread