Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
I agree that when you progress further you no longer need to be concerned with ammo. It would have been nice if the final rare creatures for crafting and maybe even the prior tier materials were all available on the last portion of the game.

Just something that's been bugging me... but where did Vaas get the knife you delivered to Citra? When he stabs you before you kill him off I thought she had it? Maybe I'm wrong I take long breaks between playing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Au Revoir Shosanna
Feb 17, 2011

i support this government and/or service
Does anyone know if it's possible to mod the fire to persist for a lot longer? I feel like it burns out way too quickly to be interesting or useful, I just want to wade through an outpost with a flamethrower and turn around to see the whole thing in a glorious blaze instead of just some singed grass. I remember in Far Cry 2 that poo poo used to burn for days and it was awesome.

I've been poking around with the mod tools but I have literally no idea what I'm doing or where to start looking.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I've just got up to the second island and have lost most of the motivation to play... The wingsuit is cool and all, but I'm not sure if the game's going anywhere. Are the set pieces in the second island as good as the first? The island seems less wild. Are there any more treasure hunt missions? I loved that.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

well why not posted:

I've just got up to the second island and have lost most of the motivation to play... The wingsuit is cool and all, but I'm not sure if the game's going anywhere. Are the set pieces in the second island as good as the first? The island seems less wild. Are there any more treasure hunt missions? I loved that.

Your near the end anyway just plow through the story.

Bigsteve
Dec 15, 2000

Cock It!
Christ, trying to get the final coop mission is provided impossible. 40 minutes joining games and having to quit out cause Ubisoft could not be bothered to put a filter in or even just allow you to force host so you can at least choose the map. Unless I'm doing something totally wrong.

Anyone on 360 needs coop doing message me and we can sort something out.

Gamertag: exemptmule

Bigsteve fucked around with this message at 12:12 on Jan 20, 2013

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
Dammit, I need to get my addiction to making maps under control. I found a trick that lets you create massive WTC-style skyscrapers really easily, so went right to work on an Escape From New York map (complete with crashed and burning Air Force One and Snake's plane way up high on a rooftop), and once the layout was in place spent probably an hour making sure there was enough garbage scattered everywhere. And now I'm thinking that an Arkham City map should be next. Help! :ohdear:

Attention Horse
Jan 5, 2012

Yo man, you are out of step with Imhotep!
Is it possible to add ziplines to the maps in the map editor? I can't find them on the object list :(.

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!

Attention Horse posted:

Is it possible to add ziplines to the maps in the map editor? I can't find them on the object list :(.
Use a telephone line and tilt it - if you position the upper end right you'll be able to grab it with X (or whatever). You can't get very long runs, though. :(

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
Uh, I seem to be the only person on the internet with that problem: I can't drive forward.

I mean, I have googled every variation I could think of, but no one is even bringing this up.

I press W and nothing happens. I mean, seriously, just stay in place. I can go backwards, I can go left and right, but I cannot advance for the life of me, and now I am stuck at the churchtown mission.

Anyone else had that bug?

edit: I mean I could buy it again on console, but that seems like a waste of money. It's a great game, but not THAT great

Twee as Fuck fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jan 20, 2013

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

Twee as gently caress posted:

Uh, I seem to be the only person on the internet with that problem: I can't drive forward.

I mean, I have googled every variation I could think of, but no one is even bringing this up.

I press W and nothing happens. I mean, seriously, just stay in place. I can go backwards, I can go left and right, but I cannot advance for the life of me, and now I am stuck at the churchtown mission.

Anyone else had that bug?

edit: I mean I could buy it again on console, but that seems like a waste of money. It's a great game, but not THAT great

Try going into options and adjusting your vehicle keybindings? I have not heard of this problem.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
There is no option to adjust keybindings of vehicles.

And I know, literally no one on the internet posted about that.

I feel special I suppose :(

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

I just ran into a couple of privateers holding two civilians hostage, walking them across a dirt road. I get out, line up some shots to kill them, and stop to let another car of privateers drive past. The car clips one of the walking privateers, killing him, and the other responds by freaking out and killing his prisoner. It totally ruined my sweet headshots I was about to get but I was laughing too hard to care.

Unreal_One
Aug 18, 2010

Now you know how I don't like to use the sit-down gun, but this morning we just don't have time for mucking about.

There is no option to adjust keybindings of vehicles.

And I know, literally no one on the internet posted about that.

I feel special I suppose :(

From the main menu, go to options, then controls, then in the controls menu customize controls, then on the left is controls in vehicles. Try looking in there, and maybe rebinding it to q just for that mission or something.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

Unreal_One posted:

From the main menu, go to options, then controls, then in the controls menu customize controls, then on the left is controls in vehicles. Try looking in there, and maybe rebinding it to q just for that mission or something.

Well now I feel stupid

I had uninstalled and then reinstalled it and still didn't work. Was in the process of updating all of my drivers

Gonna give this a try instead.

Swartz
Jul 28, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Well now I feel stupid

I had uninstalled and then reinstalled it and still didn't work. Was in the process of updating all of my drivers

Gonna give this a try instead.

Don't feel bad, the same thing had sorta happened to me. I waited for the game to update to patch 1.04 thinking "this will fix the vehicle controls" and when it didn't I spazzed out. Then on a hunch I went back to the options menu and found the vehicle controls menu that had been there since the game shipped :downs:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

COACH TOTORO SAY REFEREE CAN BANISH WHISTLE TO LAND OF WIND AND GHOSTS!

runchild posted:

I just ran into a couple of privateers holding two civilians hostage, walking them across a dirt road. I get out, line up some shots to kill them, and stop to let another car of privateers drive past. The car clips one of the walking privateers, killing him, and the other responds by freaking out and killing his prisoner. It totally ruined my sweet headshots I was about to get but I was laughing too hard to care.

It's almost kinda nice to know that you're not the only terrible driver in the game. I can't count how many times I've seen Rakyat NPCs drive straight off the side of the road, flipping the vehicle they're in and killing themselves.

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

grack posted:

It's almost kinda nice to know that you're not the only terrible driver in the game. I can't count how many times I've seen Rakyat NPCs drive straight off the side of the road, flipping the vehicle they're in and killing themselves.

I once got one of the mounted gun trucks and got a Rakyat in it and wanted to make a grand entrance into an enemy camp so I roared off a cliff to land in the middle and jump out and start murdering dudes.

Except my wheels brushed a rooftop on the way down and flipped me into a head on collision with the ground. I got to watch the Rakyat fly out of the turret above my head and die on impact while I got set on fire and died in the car before enemies even woke up enough to start shooting.

:downsgun:

LaserWash
Jun 28, 2006
You guys are doing it all wrong. When a Rakyat jeep pulls up, jump in the back, stand in the cargo area behind the driver near the roll cage. Wait about 20 seconds until they get tired of you fooling around. Something outrageous almost always happens.

dennyk
Jan 2, 2005

Cheese-Buyer's Remorse

LaserWash posted:

You guys are doing it all wrong. When a Rakyat jeep pulls up, jump in the back, stand in the cargo area behind the driver near the roll cage. Wait about 20 seconds until they get tired of you fooling around. Something outrageous almost always happens.

First time I tried this, the jeep took off, then a hundred yards down the road it sideswiped an oncoming jeep while crossing a bridge, rolled off the side, landed upside-down on the beach, burst into flames, and then exploded, killing everyone on board except me. :black101: Most of the time, though, they just drive around until they crash into an oncoming jeep head-on, at which point everyone in both cars hops out to have a smoke and wander around bitching about pirates and muttering about how awesome they are.

I tried it with a civilian car once, but all that happened was that everyone in the car bailed out screaming, ran to the sides of the road, and just crouched there cowering in fear. Guess they've never seen a pasty white car-surfing frat bro before? :v:

Also, a list of Things The Rakyat Do Not Like:

- Pirates. (They are SCUM!)

- Animals. (OH gently caress!)

- People who run them over with cars (because they always inexplicably dive in front of them).

- People who fire guns into the ground near them.

- People who throw rocks at them.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

dennyk posted:

Also, a list of Things The Rakyat Do Not Like:

- Pirates. (They are SCUM!)

- Animals. (OH gently caress!)

- People who run them over with cars (because they always inexplicably dive in front of them).

- People who fire guns into the ground near them.

- People who throw rocks at them.

-People who drive over them in boats.

Because if there's anything the Rakyat do worse than driving cars, it's driving boats for some reason.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
I spent hours wishing I could drive.... then I started driving. It blew. I mean, completely awful.

I was able to finish that mission, then I got a dream sequence. Then I got a dream sequence. Then 3d painted tits and unconscious rape and the white man saving the savages

Bioware :negative:

grack
Jan 10, 2012

I spent hours wishing I could drive.... then I started driving. It blew. I mean, completely awful.

I was able to finish that mission, then I got a dream sequence.

Stick a point in to Marathon Man. It really does make vehicles superfluous in this game outside of the forced set pieces.

Then I got a dream sequence. Then 3d painted tits and unconscious rape and the white man saving the savages

Bioware :negative:

White man, the superior indian alien Rakyat.

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax

grack posted:

Stick a point in to Marathon Man. It really does make vehicles superfluous in this game outside of the forced set pieces.

White man, the superior indian alien Rakyat.

Yeah I just started running everywhere again, including to the airfield to defend that useless CIA agent

I saw an interview from some of the guys behind the game saying it was 'ironic' and making fun of that trope. No it's not, it's played loving straight.

fake edit: funnily enough I blamed Bioware even though the blame goes on Ubisoft. I guess I just expect Bioware to bust out breasts and racism in videogames

TheSpiritFox
Jan 4, 2009

I'm just a memory, I can't give you any new information.

I just beat the game. Do I have to start all over to do the ending again?

Also is there any form of NG+?

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

My friend and I just got this. Haven't had a chance to wade through 5,000+ posts in the thread, so I hope no one minds too much if I ask if the Co-op Multiplayer is worthwhile for us to pursue?

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

Is it wrong to want to do every single outpost with just the signature 1911? Takedowns on all heavies, and just go Leonardo DiCaprio/Inception on everyone else.

Edit: Also, is there any way in UPlay to find out how many hours I've sunk into this game? I've checked everywhere I could think of...

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Zwabu posted:

My friend and I just got this. Haven't had a chance to wade through 5,000+ posts in the thread, so I hope no one minds too much if I ask if the Co-op Multiplayer is worthwhile for us to pursue?

Not really, it is scaled for 4 players and just isn't that interesting when I tried it there were bugs everywhere.

teamcx
Dec 29, 2012

Guess not, huh.
Really starting to regret the fact I didn't buy FC3 when it was on the winter sale from steam...
Now I'll probably cave like the mabdin I am and buy it at full price...

I told myself this would happen, but NOOOOOOOOOOOO.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT

Yeah I just started running everywhere again, including to the airfield to defend that useless CIA agent

I saw an interview from some of the guys behind the game saying it was 'ironic' and making fun of that trope. No it's not, it's played loving straight.

I wish he would just replace words like "trope" and "irony" with "lovely." That way, he could say "It's intentionally lovely. The plot is really, really lovely because we're specifically making fun of lovely games."

However, that's not the reason where he's a horrible, racist, lovely writer. It's like when friends try to be ironically racist. That's fine when your entire audience and everyone listening knows that you're being ironic--essentially asking an unsaid question, "Wouldn't it be outlandish if I really was this character, really saying these idiotic things?"

But if even one person hears such racist speech and doesn't know that it's meant to be ironic, then it becomes real racist speech. Why? Because the speaker has awareness of how his words are being interpreted. If he is aware that saying such things makes him appear to be an actual racist despite his intentions, and yet still unapologetically says the ironic racist things, that makes him an unironic racist.

The writer knew that many people would interpret Far Cry 3's plot, with its white man hero, misogyny, and racism, as being real messages. Yet he still continued, thus it's real racism. If you didn't want people to see the game as racist, you should have used the medium of the game to reveal the parody.

Jesus. It's like I'm explaining to a 13 year old kid why he can't use the N-word, even if he's not really racist.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Not only that, but just because something is ironic, or a parody, doesn't automatically make it good. The issues with Farcry 3 are that story is lovely and some of the gameplay is lovely. The writer's response is "But it's ironic" as if that magically makes it not lovely.

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009
Is anyone having an issue on the PC with stair collision? I literally have to jump 75% of the time if I want to travel up stairs.

Also I've found when I crash on the PC version, for example:

- swam away from a shark then decided to open the map and fast travel
- saved after taking an outpost
- sold skins
- started a trial of the rakayat

I will exit out and continue to crash constantly until I reboot my computer. It's fine for another couple of days, then constant crashing again. This... doesn't seem normal. Is it?

Twee as Fuck
Nov 13, 2012

by Lowtax
"You see, modern gamers are so used to have seamless set-pieces and logical progression. We decided to subvert this trope. First we give the players radio towers that are easy but fun to climb. Once they change islands, however, we created buggy and unclimbable pmes. You see, by making the non-essential challenges extremely easy, but this vital one almost impossible to complete, which will infuriate players due to their lack of map for the rest of the game, we deliberately created ironic bad videogame design :smug: "

... gently caress you, Ubisoft.

Thomase posted:

Is anyone having an issue on the PC with stair collision? I literally have to jump 75% of the time if I want to travel up stairs.

Also I've found when I crash on the PC version, for example:

- swam away from a shark then decided to open the map and fast travel
- saved after taking an outpost
- sold skins
- started a trial of the rakayat

I will exit out and continue to crash constantly until I reboot my computer. It's fine for another couple of days, then constant crashing again. This... doesn't seem normal. Is it?

Yeah. The stair thing is especially annoying because of my complaint above.

grack
Jan 10, 2012

Thomase posted:

This sounds like an overheating issue, honestly.

Noni
Jul 8, 2003
ASK ME ABOUT DEFRAUDING GOONS WITH HOT DOGS AND HOW I BANNED EPIC HAMCAT
The best part about difficult tower climbs is jumping to another section successfully and then watching Jason carefully climb over the railing and fall to his death. "YOU WANTED CLIMB, MASTER? OKAY I CLIMB MORE!" Sometimes I feel like I'm not playing the game so much as I am trying to remotely control a moronic human like he's some prototype bio-drone that has a will of its own.

Maybe that's the hidden story. Jason actually died in the very beginning and his half-alive brain was used to make J.A.S.O.N. You, the player, aren't acting as him, but acting as an unseen person sitting comfortably in a drone control center wearing VR goggles and swearing right along with you as Jason accidentally drives a car over yet another cliff.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Noni posted:

The best part about difficult tower climbs is jumping to another section successfully and then watching Jason carefully climb over the railing and fall to his death. "YOU WANTED CLIMB, MASTER? OKAY I CLIMB MORE!" Sometimes I feel like I'm not playing the game so much as I am trying to remotely control a moronic human like he's some prototype bio-drone that has a will of its own.

Maybe that's the hidden story. Jason actually died in the very beginning and his half-alive brain was used to make J.A.S.O.N. You, the player, aren't acting as him, but acting as an unseen person sitting comfortably in a drone control center wearing VR goggles and swearing right along with you as Jason accidentally drives a car over yet another cliff.

I've never experience anything like either of those situations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
So, am I the only one with a small, but respectable, collection of Dwarf Photos?

Thomase
Mar 18, 2009

grack posted:

This sounds like an overheating issue, honestly.

Strange. I'm playing on one of the monster ASUS gaming laptops and haven't had many issues previously.

PhancyPants
Nov 15, 2003

Hotdog Suit Up!

PriorMarcus posted:

I've never experience anything like either of those situations.

More than once (and usually on the second island) I'd get stuck on a tiny piece of tower geometry. I couldn't step over it, and when I tried to hop over it the 'vaulting' animation would trigger and Jason would launch into oblivion

Zwabu
Aug 7, 2006

Do tower climbing issues exist in the console versions too?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?
I have had one instance where Jason has vaulted over something I wanted to jump onto. It frustrated the gently caress out of me the one time it happened, but it never really happened again, so no real loss.

• Locked thread