Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
orcane
Jun 13, 2012

Fun Shoe

Peewi posted:

Do all class mods come in purple or just some specific ones? Having bonuses to three skills instead of two, without using a different kind of mod, would be nice.
They all come in purple but most of them aren't worth it because the third stat is bad. You're usually better off with blue class mods giving you +6/+5 to two good skills instead of +5/+4 with another +4 to a bad skill.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Peewi posted:

Considering drop rates, that I don't remember the treasure room from DLC1 being particularly great and the lootsplosion in DLC2 being really weak, I'm kind of surprised to find several glowing chests with blue+ items at the end of DLC3.

Got three e-techs and two purples.

Do all class mods come in purple or just some specific ones? Having bonuses to three skills instead of two, without using a different kind of mod, would be nice.

There are orange mods, which add a few points to 4 of the tier 1 skills.

Which is a bit of a bummer.

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Children STILL love me, dammit!

Peewi posted:

Considering drop rates, that I don't remember the treasure room from DLC1 being particularly great and the lootsplosion in DLC2 being really weak, I'm kind of surprised to find several glowing chests with blue+ items at the end of DLC3.

Got three e-techs and two purples.

Legendary Class mods exist for every character as well as Terramorphous class mods. Terramorphous gives you +4 stats to 5 out of the 6 first powers and gives extra burn damage/chance of burn. The legendary class mods (which can drop from any raid boss) give +5 to 5 out of the 6 first powers and character specific bonuses (ie Zero's has +crit damage and gun speed and also when you use deception it instantly heals 10% of your health)

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing
Doesn't Zero's legendary class mod still give a bonus to a Gunzerker skill?

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

Male Man posted:

Doesn't Zero's legendary class mod still give a bonus to a Gunzerker skill?

That's the Terramorphous one. I'm still really baffled as to why that hasn't been fixed since it was something that was bugged at the very beginning.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Commissar Ken posted:

That's the Terramorphous one. I'm still really baffled as to why that hasn't been fixed since it was something that was bugged at the very beginning.

Because it's more important to make sure the drop rates are low enough and that everything is ~perfectly balanced~.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Deathtrap is still bugged for me. Even though he's cut down on the healing of bad guys his new gimmick is to spray his fire beam at friendlies.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
You know what this game needs?

The player's backpack needs to be separated by gun type. A single column of weapons is really hard to read at a glance. The entire screen needs to be divided up into weapon types. At the left side of the screen there should be a column of just your pistols. Next to that should be a column of your shotguns, then SMGs, then assault rifles, etc. Then you should be able to organize each column by things like damage, fire rate, elemental type, etc. Then you should just be able to hover your mouse over a weapon and press a number key to bind the highlighted weapon to the weapon slot for the number you press.

Also, there should be 10 weapon slots. Only having 4 is just an arbitrary limitation obviously dictated by the fact that there's only 4 directions on the d-pad.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Jan 20, 2013

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I soloed the last boss in PT1 without using glitches. :smug:
http://i.imgur.com/9Okl9iH.jpg

This feat was made possible by a Fast Reload Turtle Shield / Fast Shield Reload Relic (and this one is still level 17 IIRC).
The boss dropped the impaler legendary shield, which is even more awesome (even if I know that it will be soon useless in PT2, if I will ever do it, that is...).

edit:
I was almost forgetting, the SMG might have been a bandit, but I kept those crystaliks in check using a Torgue Shotgun. Also I saved myself once killing a Volcanic Rakk using a Torgue Missile Launcher.
Buy Torgue.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
I'm really frustrated, I've breezed through the game so far dying a few times but only when I was being lazy.

The friendship gulag mission is completely kicking my arse though. I thought it was just the weps I had but even with a corrosive pistol I simply can't get passed it.

My whole strategy up to this point has been sniping. I don't even know what sort of advice I'm asking for? I suppose maybe it's just the hard counter to my sniping style?

RyokoTK
Feb 12, 2012

I am cool.
You can still snipe every loader in the gulag. Going for the arm or leg joints is a lot easier than the eye, even if it doesn't do quite as much damage.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jippa posted:

I'm really frustrated, I've breezed through the game so far dying a few times but only when I was being lazy.

The friendship gulag mission is completely kicking my arse though. I thought it was just the weps I had but even with a corrosive pistol I simply can't get passed it.

My whole strategy up to this point has been sniping. I don't even know what sort of advice I'm asking for? I suppose maybe it's just the hard counter to my sniping style?

Are you using your action ability? Also if you're snipin I'd consider taking a look at your skills and seeing a there's a respec that makes more sense for your playstyle.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Jippa posted:

You don't mention what character you're playing, your skill point allocation / build, your gear, or anything else that might be relevant :) Are you underleveled compared the enemies? Is your gear several levels behind your current level - that can make a massive difference too. Who are you playing as? What tends to happen when you lose?

You gotta explain what's happening and what you need help with to get useful advice.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Good points. Is there an easy way of showing my build, I suppose I should take a screen shot or some thing. I'm playing a soldier that mainly snipes and yes I use my turret.

My main problem with the mission is that I normally just snipe areas clear from a distance. Then move up knowing that I'm not going to get flanked.

With this mission (unless I'm wrong) you can't "clear" an area as if you wait too long it just spawns another wave of enemies which means I just get swamped. I have the corrosive pistol from the arms dealer mission but my sniper rifle that does fire damage which I'm used to one shotting people with seems pretty impotent.

Metal Meltdown
Mar 27, 2010

Jippa posted:

Good points. Is there an easy way of showing my build, I suppose I should take a screen shot or some thing. I'm playing a soldier that mainly snipes and yes I use my turret.

My main problem with the mission is that I normally just snipe areas clear from a distance. Then move up knowing that I'm not going to get flanked.

With this mission (unless I'm wrong) you can't "clear" an area as if you wait too long it just spawns another wave of enemies which means I just get swamped. I have the corrosive pistol from the arms dealer mission but my sniper rifle that does fire damage which I'm used to one shotting people with seems pretty impotent.

The prison is full of robots and you're using a fire sniper. Armored enemies (which includes robots) take half damage from fire shots and can't be lit on fire. If you're set on sniping, find one of another element or just a neutral one.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Metal Meltdown posted:

The prison is full of robots and you're using a fire sniper. Armored enemies (which includes robots) take half damage from fire shots and can't be lit on fire. If you're set on sniping, find one of another element or just a neutral one.

I still give thanks for my commando's Dahlminator, homing corrosive darts with burst fire zoom? Yes please and goodbye annoying jet loaders and repair surveyors.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Am I right about the enemies respawning though? That is my main problem. It's the first mission I think they act like that.

All the other missions like I said, I could "clear" an area and not worry about any enemies from that direction. It's possible I've been leaning on my aim and the fire damage sniper rifle which works well against flesh and the corrosive pistol just doesn't do enough dps to cut it.

Am I screwed if that is the case? I have gently caress all money as well.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

Been farting around with the Cheat Engine-- increasing drops and having a jolly good time. Seems like this will be the ticket for my friend and I having another few fun romps across the countryside for some casual farming.

I know the drop rate increase will work in multiplayer if I'm hosting but now I'm starting to wonder about bank space. I see there's a way to edit it in Cheat Engine. Will it work the same way as drop rates? If I increase my bank space while hosting, will my buddy's bank space increase as well?

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Jippa posted:

Am I right about the enemies respawning though? That is my main problem. It's the first mission I think they act like that.

All the other missions like I said, I could "clear" an area and not worry about any enemies from that direction. It's possible I've been leaning on my aim and the fire damage sniper rifle which works well against flesh and the corrosive pistol just doesn't do enough dps to cut it.

Am I screwed if that is the case? I have gently caress all money as well.
I don't think they respawn, they sure didn't for me. I did that level recently, also soldier lv 20 or something, with a corrosive pistol(though it was a purple) and had no real trouble. Just trigger some robots, pull back, shoot, drop turret - repeat. Just take care not to aggro too much at once. Also don't go through the middle and keep to the sides. The middle is very deadly when you approach the goal of the mission.

E: You should probably make a screeny of your skill tree. Or at least tell where you've put the points.

Tin Tim fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 20, 2013

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Jippa posted:

They don't infinitely respawn. They're set to spawn like twice, but the areas have a pretty big bit of overlap.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
Ok cool thanks, yeah I can just keep falling back and pick them off.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I'm saving my blue-reward sidequests in TVHM for level 50. Can I start a chain of quests that give intermediate rewards and just save the final quest til the end, or do I need to hold off on the entire chain?

RVWinkle
Aug 24, 2004

In relating the circumstances which have led to my confinement within this refuge for the demented, I am aware that my present position will create a natural doubt of the authenticity of my narrative.
Nap Ghost

Kaubocks posted:

Been farting around with the Cheat Engine-- increasing drops and having a jolly good time. Seems like this will be the ticket for my friend and I having another few fun romps across the countryside for some casual farming.

I know the drop rate increase will work in multiplayer if I'm hosting but now I'm starting to wonder about bank space. I see there's a way to edit it in Cheat Engine. Will it work the same way as drop rates? If I increase my bank space while hosting, will my buddy's bank space increase as well?

I don't use the Cheat Engine but I understand that the game will remove added bank spots added by modding. There is a trick to overstuffing your bank without modding though. I currently have over 70 items in my bank. To do this you open the bank and then select your inventory tab. Select one item from your inventory and then select a second item in your inventory. The second item will move to the bank no matter how many free slots you have. There are no real risks to overstuffing your bank but some paranoid people instead rely on alts that act as mules which is a second option for excess storage.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi
I just hit 50 and I'm plowing through the quests that give unique rewards. Are there any especially good weapons that I should farm drops for?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

limaCAT posted:

Congratulations on doing what thousands of others have done before you.

Now go do it to Terramorphous.

TastyLemonDrops posted:

I just hit 50 and I'm plowing through the quests that give unique rewards. Are there any especially good weapons that I should farm drops for?

Wait, did you just hit level 50 or did you actually finish TVHM? The levels don't scale until you've beaten the game.

TastyLemonDrops
Aug 6, 2008

you said "drop kick" fyi

LAY-ZX posted:

Congratulations on doing what thousands of others have done before you.

Now go do it to Terramorphous.

Wait, did you just hit level 50 or did you actually finish TVHM? The levels don't scale until you've beaten the game.

I've beaten the game on TVHM.

Kaubocks
Apr 13, 2011

RVWinkle posted:

I don't use the Cheat Engine but I understand that the game will remove added bank spots added by modding. There is a trick to overstuffing your bank without modding though. I currently have over 70 items in my bank. To do this you open the bank and then select your inventory tab. Select one item from your inventory and then select a second item in your inventory. The second item will move to the bank no matter how many free slots you have. There are no real risks to overstuffing your bank but some paranoid people instead rely on alts that act as mules which is a second option for excess storage.
Oh, cool! I'll definitely give that a shot next time I play. Thanks!

Commissar Ken
Dec 9, 2006

TastyLemonDrops posted:

If you sided with the Zaffords and killed the hillbillies they are there everytime you go back to the Lynchwood train from the Dust, kill em enough and they'll drop a slagga which i've sworn up and down is the best slag inducing gun in the game. Everything else probably depends on your character and what path you ran power wise and what your favorite types of weapons are but I get a slagga on everyone of my characters.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

limaCAT posted:

http://i.imgur.com/9Okl9iH.jpg

This feat was made possible by a Fast Reload Turtle Shield / Fast Shield Reload Relic (and this one is still level 17 IIRC).
The boss dropped the impaler legendary shield, which is even more awesome (even if I know that it will be soon useless in PT2, if I will ever do it, that is...).

edit:
I was almost forgetting, the SMG might have been a bandit, but I kept those crystaliks in check using a Torgue Shotgun. Also I saved myself once killing a Volcanic Rakk using a Torgue Missile Launcher.
Buy Torgue.

I always love video game translations- "Handsome Jack" becomes "Jack il Bello" :italy:

Makes him sound much more dictator-ish.

CAPS LOCK BROKEN
Feb 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Jippa posted:

Are you using your action ability? Also if you're snipin I'd consider taking a look at your skills and seeing a there's a respec that makes more sense for your playstyle.

Szymanski
Jul 31, 2005

You down with OCP?
Sugartime Jones

GreatGreen posted:

You know what this game needs?

The ability to buy rockets early in the game, so annoying to get a purple lvl 9 rocket launcher and have to scrounge ammo.

Vending machines that scale to the player.
Scale areas (or rewards) with the character, Simply playing the frostburn canyon missions was enough to overlevel the rewards.
Quite a few fun areas are worthless once you've played through them.

Let me manage all my characters items from the bank.

Bigger bank, Bigger carrying capacity and less limited sniper ammo, I don't mind if it costs a fortune in eridium.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Did they get rid of duped weapons? A random person gave me a Conference Call and while I never had proof it was duped, the fact that someone was just giving it away led me to believe it. Not sure if I accidentally sold it or it got purged.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Mar 12, 2008

I've been framed!
I'm pretty much stuck at level 34. So far I've been breezing through the game using the matchmaking thing, but that all came to a screeching halt after level 30. What's a good way to get to level 50?

Doflamingo
Sep 20, 2006

Dr. Gaius Baltar posted:

I'm pretty much stuck at level 34. So far I've been breezing through the game using the matchmaking thing, but that all came to a screeching halt after level 30. What's a good way to get to level 50?

4 player co-op is the fastest way to level up, even better if the guys you're with are a couple of levels above you.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Szymanski posted:

Bigger bank, Bigger carrying capacity and less limited sniper ammo, I don't mind if it costs a fortune in eridium.

Man that reminds me, back when the game first came out everyone talked about how useless Eridium was once you maxed your item slots and people started talking about things they hoped Gearbox would do to make it useful again: more weapon/ammo and item slots costing more and more with the last tier maybe being 99 eridium each, eridium-only slot machines with higher rarity rates, maybe some special vendor or menu that would let you level up your weapons to keep them useful at a cost of X eridium each time. And Gearbox said they were planning on making eridium useful again.

Having to spend 99 eridium to summon a secret boss is not useful, Gearbox.

And playing through BL1 again recently I had forgotten that you could keep getting Backpack SDUs and my character had like 50 backpack slots. I miss things like that.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Dr. Gaius Baltar posted:

You have to start the game over in True Vault Hunter Mode to level up further.

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Mar 12, 2008

I've been framed!

UnknownMercenary posted:

You have to start the game over in True Vault Hunter Mode to level up further.

I finished all the story quests in matchmaking mode, and never saw the option to jump into true vault hunter mode. Do I have to finish all the story quests in single-player mode first?

Apparently you can switch in the main menu. I don't see that option anywhere?

Dr. Gaius Baltar fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Jan 21, 2013

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Select Character -> Click your character -> True Vault Hunter Mode

Dr. Gaius Baltar
Mar 12, 2008

I've been framed!
It seems I need to do more storyline quests on my character in single-player to get to TVHM, turns out I haven't done "The Once and Future Slab".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Dr. Gaius Baltar posted:

It seems I need to do more storyline quests on my character in single-player to get to TVHM, turns out I haven't done "The Once and Future Slab".

Yeah, you pretty much have to complete the game to get TVHM. And from The Once and Future Slab: You're a little more than halfway there.

• Locked thread