Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

orenronen posted:

Civilization is much akin to fruit. Shortly after ripening it will rot, and, without fail, fall.
Growing wealth makes fanatics of private enterprises. Bureaucrats shape the law into a tool that serves only to keep them in power.
As a result, the weight of vested interest sinks the country into conservatism, and all attempts at reform are crushed...
...It truly is a sad state of affairs.
... Well. Wasn't quite expecting that from her. :stare:

Anyway, my votes are for Togami and Peko.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Hrm. Togami, because I want to see if he'll slip any clues as to whether he's Togami's son, Togami who got fat to avoid Syo, or Togami from before DR1.

Nidai because BULLETS CANNOT PIERCE SPIRIT!!! is such a good line, this guy is awesome.

codeorange
Jul 11, 2012
Souda and Hanamaru. Let's hear their impressions of the girls!

Twiddy
May 17, 2008

To the man who loves art for its own sake, it is frequently in its least important and lowliest manifestations that the keenest pleasure is to be derived.
Interesting, I like what Togami's doing a lot. He's keeping them focused on a task, so their minds don't wander and think about frivolous things. Like how easy it would be to murder someone else and get off the island. A good piece of evidence that he's a leader.

I also liked the aside between him and the brat. It reminds me of rich people I know. People who are only known and interacted with because of their wealth, popularity, and power, and want people to see them as they are. If Togami has similar sentiments, I can see him taking affection to the brat's nickname.

Now, onto voting. Togami and Sonia. I find both of them interesting. Honestly though, I'd be interested in just about any of this cast. The Yakuza kid's comment about being used to suspicion is rather revealing, and we just don't know enough yet about most of the cast.

Gaulems
Jan 3, 2013

i wish i knew who changed my avatar so i could marry them
I vote Gundam and Sonia. I find them both very interesting, and Sonia seems pretty down-to-earth.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica
Togami seems really pleased with his apparently newfound girth, doesn't he.

For me, it'll be Togami to satisfy my curiosity and Mahiru for no particular reason. Maybe I just don't want to talk to the crazies just yet.

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

I'm voting for Coach (Nidai?) and Togami.

RefinedUndefined
Jan 1, 2013

Just burn everything, that'll solve your problems.

tiistai posted:

Maybe I just don't want to talk to the crazies just yet.

Aw, really now. Crazies are so much fun to speak to, especially when their character development takes an unexpected turn, or over-the-top.

CrashScreen
Nov 11, 2012

Togami. He's actually hilarious in this one, and I'm curious to find out more about him.

For my second vote, it's Nagito. There may be some more interesting things with his free event.

I guess there's no point in discussing something right now? It'll just disappear amongst all the votes.

Eldataluta
May 31, 2012
I'm gonna throw my votes in for the ones who seem like they'll be the most entertaining. Gundam and Nidai.

KazigluBey
Oct 30, 2011

boner

Gundam and Togami.

tiistai
Nov 1, 2012

Solo Melodica

RefinedUndefined posted:

Aw, really now. Crazies are so much fun to speak to, especially when their character development takes an unexpected turn, or over-the-top.

Eh, you're not wrong. Things will get crazy, unexpected and over-the-top soon enough anyway though.

MUTEkI
Oct 12, 2012
Sonia and Togami, because with Sonia's comments in that last update she's my new favorite character and because Togami is Togami.

quote:

Civilization is much akin to fruit. Shortly after ripening it will rot, and, without fail, fall.
Growing wealth makes fanatics of private enterprises. Bureaucrats shape the law into a tool that serves only to keep them in power.
As a result, the weight of vested interest sinks the country into conservatism, and all attempts at reform are crushed...

VoidBurger
Jul 18, 2008

A leap into the void.
The burger in space.
Gundam and Peko, please!

Because this immediately endeared me to Gundam.

VoidBurger fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Jan 21, 2013

Catalytic
Feb 23, 2012
Gundam and Ibuki

HangedManArcana
Dec 12, 2012

...T...Thank you.
Togami and Gamer Girl

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
Gundam and Mr. Porkfeet.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Let's hang out with Kuzuryuu and Souda.

Six Of Spades
Oct 24, 2010

"...That too is according to my calculations."

orenronen posted:

...It truly is a sad state of affairs.

Okay, this character?

Best character. I was not expecting that, and it gave me the widest smile ever.

And this made me smile equally.

So it's Sonia and Gundam for me, please!

a spooky ghost
Jan 1, 2010

stay the same never change
Sonia Nevermind is definitely my favorite character so far. Not feeling as strong about anyone else so far, but I would like to see what else Peko Pekoyama is all about.

Otherkinsey Scale
Jul 17, 2012

Just a little bit of sunshine!
Gundam and Peko. Togami or Nagito might be interesting, but there's no way "what's their deal" will be answered by anything other than the course of the plot.

Hedera Helix
Sep 2, 2011

The laws of the fiesta mean nothing!
Sonia and Gundam.

DrakePegasus
Jan 30, 2009

It was Plundersaurus Rex's dream to be the greatest pirate dragon ever.

Togami and Sonia, if you please.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

Togami and Teruteru

Supersonic Shine
Oct 13, 2012
Nidai, because he's infectiously and wonderfully energetic, and Souda, because he could really use the company.

Mr.Flibble
Jul 23, 2008
Togami and Ibuki

SevenDice
Oct 20, 2012
My votes go to Nagito and Togami, since they're the two characters with the strongest likelihood of being connected to the first game.

VideoWitch
Oct 9, 2012

Gundam and Nagito

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Togami and Hanamura

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I have a feeling there must be something more to Koizumi, and for a second I'll say Souda.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

Fedule posted:

It must be Gundam and Togami for entertainment and potentially some more info.

Fedule's got the right idea.

Gay Abortions
Dec 12, 2007

Sonia and Chiaki

NeuroticLich
Oct 30, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Guess I've gotta go with my favorite character and hopeful answers, so Nidai and Togami.

HelloWinter
May 27, 2012

"Hey, Nagito, what'cha
thinkin' about?"

"Oh, y'know. Murder stuff."
My two choices are painfully obvious.

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Byakuya "Mr. Porkfeet" Togami for being a great leader so far and being all cool and stuff.

Nagito "Not Naegi" Komaeda because I want clues to see if he isn't Naegi or maybe the game will troll us even more and he will start talking about his younger sister or something like saving a animal at his middle school.

doomfunk
Feb 29, 2008

oh come on was that really necessary
all over my fine carpet!!

HelloWinter posted:

My two choices are painfully obvious.

I'd like a ticket for this train. My vote as well.

tentril
May 9, 2012
Gundam and Nanami, because we've heard maybe five thoughts from her total.

Zarah
Sep 30, 2010

SUCCESS
There's only one way to go from the top.
Going for Togami and Peko. The former because pretty much everything Fatogami says is hilarious and the latter because Peko hasn't said much and I'm interested in her story.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Gundam
Togami

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrifeHira
Nov 7, 2012

I'll remind you that I have a very large stick.
Haha, Gundam is great.

Gundam and Togami.

• Locked thread