Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Well my jaw hit the floor watching that. I really hope you can customize your character's attire to the extent that you could in Xenoblade, because just from that trailer the lead looks kinda dull compared to, well, any of the characters in Xenoblade.

I do like that fighting giant monsters features prominently in that trailer though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
You know, I wasn't planning to buy a Wii U. But this. Oh my loving god this. The moment that mech took off into the sky, I was sold.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

404GoonNotFound posted:

Bayonetta 2
Monster Hunter 3 U
SMT X Fire Emblem
Wind Waker HD
Yoshi's Epic Yarn
The Wonderful 101

It's gonna take a while, but there's definitely some major releases coming.

Woah, they're doing Yoshi in the Kirby's Epic Yarn style?

Also for a moment I read that third one as SF X Fire Emblem and got really confused/excited :v:

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

404GoonNotFound posted:

Bayonetta 2
Monster Hunter 3 U
SMT X Fire Emblem
Wind Waker HD
Yoshi's Epic Yarn
The Wonderful 101

It's gonna take a while, but there's definitely some major releases coming.

And Pikmin 3 and new 3D Mario and Zeldas.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Thundarr posted:

Well poo poo, guess I'm gonna buy a Wii U. Hopefully something else comes out for that system that is also worth buying. :v:

Considering I just rolled over 101 hours in Xenoblade and am not anywhere near done the poo poo I want to do before beating it, I'm not concerned about dropping the cash on a WiiU for just this game. Hopefully by the time its released I'd be able to afford it :allears:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Mak0rz posted:

Considering I just rolled over 101 hours in Xenoblade and am not anywhere near done the poo poo I want to do before beating it, I'm not concerned dropping the cash on a WiiU for just this game. Hopefully by the time its released I'd be able to afford it :allears:
Yeah I'm in a position where I'm at the cusp of the endgame, and part of me wants to just finish it because I don't have nearly as much time for gaming as I did when I bought it, but the other part is like look at all that content you need to do you can't just leave it there!

Those level 90+ monsters taunt me so...

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

C-Euro posted:

Woah, they're doing Yoshi in the Kirby's Epic Yarn style?

Also for a moment I read that third one as SF X Fire Emblem and got really confused/excited :v:

Yeah, same team and everything.

SMT X Fire Emblem was nothing more than announcement and a montage of prior concept art from both series, but they said that "We are working with many more partners for future collaboration titles".

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

Yeah I'm in a position where I'm at the cusp of the endgame, and part of me wants to just finish it because I don't have nearly as much time for gaming as I did when I bought it, but the other part is like look at all that content you need to do you can't just leave it there!

Those level 90+ monsters taunt me so...

You should go ahead and beat it now - it's more fun to do the higher level stuff later since otherwise the final boss will be laughably easy.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Regy Rusty posted:

You should go ahead and beat it now - it's more fun to do the higher level stuff later since otherwise the final boss will be laughably easy.
Well it's not just fighting those monsters, it's doing stuff like rebuilding Colony 6 (which I can't even do 100% because I don't have enough Lewisia Silver and that area is cut off now, along with the NPC who you can trade with for the stuff). There's so much content that I could spend another ten hours just dicking around before I even touch the endgame.

I'm currently at level 73. Am I overlevelled yet?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

Well it's not just fighting those monsters, it's doing stuff like rebuilding Colony 6 (which I can't even do 100% because I don't have enough Lewisia Silver and that area is cut off now, along with the NPC who you can trade with for the stuff). There's so much content that I could spend another ten hours just dicking around before I even touch the endgame.

I'm currently at level 73. Am I overlevelled yet?

No no, and if you're only at 73 I think you're a little bit farther from the end than you think.

But try to fight the final boss at around level 81 for the best experience.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Regy Rusty posted:

I'd be willing to do this if New Game+ carried over affinity information :sigh:

Bonaventure
Jun 23, 2005

by sebmojo
Hopefully this time they're able to make a game that has lots of stuff to do while also having some kind of difficulty balance where the decisions you make in the battle system feel meaningful instead of just repeating the same sequence of moves over and over. :goleft:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

WHY CAN'T I STOP EJACULATING.

(also that blonde Shulk-esque guy looks terrible. I hope it's just a placeholder)

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Mak0rz posted:

I'd be willing to do this if New Game+ carried over affinity information :sigh:

Well what I meant was to make a separate save file at the point of no-return so that you can beat the boss while still at a reasonable level, then go back and complete endgame stuff and beat the boss again if you care about New Game+.

You really shouldn't fight the final boss at max level for the first time because what kind of end to the game would that be?

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

pksage, hours before the announcement posted:

Clearly this just makes me more stoked for Xenoblade 2.

You're all welcome :v:

I'm nowhere near the point of no return, but is it marked? Are you able to save after that and gently caress yourself over?

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

pksage posted:

You're all welcome :v:

I'm nowhere near the point of no return, but is it marked? Are you able to save after that and gently caress yourself over?

Your characters will warn you about it and you can't save past it anyway so there's no chance of loving yourself over.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

An ingame info box pops up and says YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SAVE AFTER THIS POINT. DO YOU WANT TO CONTINUE?

So yeah it's pretty obvious.

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:
I am so excited to dump another 100+ hours into the sequel where you can fly transforming motorcycle mechs into oversized dinosaurs. I just wish it had a date so I knew when I had to buy a Wii U.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I wish this game wasn't £50 from Amazon :( I really want it but the prices are just ridiculous.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Regy Rusty posted:

No no, and if you're only at 73 I think you're a little bit farther from the end than you think.

But try to fight the final boss at around level 81 for the best experience.
Okay that's good. At the point where I'm at currently, The Machina offered to fly me through the hole in Bions' chest to attack Zanza. I'm dilly dallying around before I pull the trigger on that.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
I just hope NG+ isn't redundant this time around and actually do something cool like having every enemy/boss be level 99+. I was on the fence on getting a Wiiu but with this, MH3U and Bayonetta 2 makes it mandatory for me.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Strange Matter posted:

Okay that's good. At the point where I'm at currently, The Machina offered to fly me through the hole in Bions' chest to attack Zanza. I'm dilly dallying around before I pull the trigger on that.

That's what I figured. Mild spoilers about what's still to come - There are still 2 full dungeon type areas to go before the point of no return.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide
Cool!

Incidently since I mentioned that I'm never going to be able to complete Colony 6 since I'm locked out of one of the items, is there any particularly awesome thing you get for rebuilding it 100%?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The ingame rewards themselves for the Colony 6 quest aren't that great. But there's one thing about it that really gives you a profound sense of accomplishment: The music changes twice THREE TIMES along the way getting progressively more upbeat and triumphant.

Are you sure you're locked out though? The Xenoblade wiki seems to suggest that you should be able to trade with Berryjammy in Colony 6 to get Lewisia silver. You can get to the 5 Star affinity needed without upgrading the colony all the way.

Regy Rusty fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jan 23, 2013

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Calaveron posted:

Your characters will warn you about it and you can't save past it anyway so there's no chance of loving yourself over.

It's like Monolith Soft did some meta-analysis of common RPG complaints and used the results to make design decisions :allears:

That's good to hear, then. I'll just keep on trucking. But what about the point where Alcamoth gets hosed up and becomes inaccessable?

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Regy Rusty posted:

The ingame rewards themselves for the Colony 6 quest aren't that great. But there's one thing about it that really gives you a profound sense of accomplishment: The music changes twice along the way getting progressively more upbeat and triumphant.

Are you sure you're locked out though? The Xenoblade wiki seems to suggest that you should be able to trade with Berryjammy in Colony 6 to get Lewisia silver. You can get to the 5 Star affinity needed without upgrading the colony all the way.
Berryjammy? Hmmmmm interesting. It looks like you're correct! I thought I could only get Lewisia Silver from Bozatrox, whom you can get locked out of (I was only worried about Bozatrox because she has Broze Wood, which I need for a sidequest in the Hidden Village that I guess I'm never going to finish)

Guess that means more sidequests for me! Which areas are included in the Colony 6 Affinity Chart?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

The Colony itself and the Bionis Leg, so at this point in the game it's gonna be mostly the Colony itself. Upgrade the parts you can and go seek out the people who you have to talk to once you've reached certain conditions to get them to move there, as they're the ones who will then give you quests.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Kind of worried that it looks like Xenoblade 2 (or whatever it actually ends up being called) looks to have multiplayer. A Co-op game ala Secret of Mana would be pretty awesome though, if that's the route they're going.

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

Kind of worried that it looks like Xenoblade 2 (or whatever it actually ends up being called) looks to have multiplayer. A Co-op game ala Secret of Mana would be pretty awesome though, if that's the route they're going.
Unless the Chat Bar is actually your AI controlled partners talking to you and the game is just going one step more meta in playing like a single player MMORPG.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006

Mak0rz posted:

It's like Monolith Soft did some meta-analysis of common RPG complaints and used the results to make design decisions :allears:

That's good to hear, then. I'll just keep on trucking. But what about the point where Alcamoth gets hosed up and becomes inaccessable?

You also get a notification, before fighting a big, plot-important boss, that you're about to enter an area of no return, where all sidequests in that particular area become unavailable.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

Unless the Chat Bar is actually your AI controlled partners talking to you and the game is just going one step more meta in playing like a single player MMORPG.

The chat text is basically generic "Hey how is it going, what should we do today?" kind of stuff, which really makes me think MMO of some kind. But yeah, at this point who even knows for sure.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Strange Matter posted:

Just in case you forget, Reyn can send you a PM to remind you that it is Reyn Time.

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

It probably just has multiplayer like Monster Hunter but without the lobbies, talk of MMOs is nonsense.

The Biggest Jerk
Nov 25, 2012
Looks great, though I am kinda worried that it has the "next-gen" bland color scheme going on. Xenoblade was vibrant and lively, these colors look kind of subdued.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

The Biggest Jerk posted:

Looks great, though I am kinda worried that it has the "next-gen" bland color scheme going on. Xenoblade was vibrant and lively, these colors look kind of subdued.

Yeah, I noticed that too. The zone is great looking, but it's all a little browner than I'd like. Other than that it's mostly raging bonerville. +1 to the 'guess I'm getting a Wii U' crowd. :sigh:

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

NmareBfly posted:

Yeah, I noticed that too. The zone is great looking, but it's all a little browner than I'd like. Other than that it's mostly raging bonerville. +1 to the 'guess I'm getting a Wii U' crowd. :sigh:
As long as I can do the following I will be okay with whatever design aesthetic they go for.

1. Have a character run around an arctic mountain in his shorts, slathered in magic cream
2. Dress a burly dude up in Aztec finery

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Those areas looked as vibrant as the Bionis Leg to me.

KoB
May 1, 2009
Xenoblade Chronicles - Out in NA NOW! BEST JRPG EVER GETS SEQUEL

Strange Matter
Oct 6, 2009

Ask me about Genocide

Regy Rusty posted:

Maybe it's just me, but I have no idea what you guys are talking about. Those areas looked as vibrant as the Bionis Leg to me.
Yeah I'm not worried either. My two favorite areas in the game are the Bionis Leg at midday and Satorl Marsh at night. If you go to either of those areas at different times during the day it'll look less vibrant because the lighting is different.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Posting this from the WiiU thread but

That sure looks like simulated people chatter.

• Locked thread