Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ohtsam posted:

Along this line I'm hoping its still mostly a fire emblem game but with demons instead of weapons.

I think a good idea might be to make it semi-squad based. You have human characters with a summoned demon or two in groups. Probably pick a single attack ala Fire Emblem. (Maybe humans use weapons while demons use MP?) and the two squads do their attacks and counters like FE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!

Dr Pepper posted:

I think a good idea might be to make it semi-squad based. You have human characters with a summoned demon or two in groups. Probably pick a single attack ala Fire Emblem. (Maybe humans use weapons while demons use MP?) and the two squads do their attacks and counters like FE.

So Devil Survivor, then.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

Undead Unicorn posted:

You forgot pedophilia.

And lemon cakes.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012
Where did those localized old FE character names come from? I looked around a few pages back but I didn't see anything.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Where did those localized old FE character names come from? I looked around a few pages back but I didn't see anything.

The event tiles in the demo can give you items like "Aversa's Darkness" and "Seliph's Sword" that clue us in to new localized names.

SC Bracer
Aug 7, 2012

DEMAGLIO!

Sir Ilpalazzo posted:

Zigludo and Serlis come from an amazing article on Nintendo Power. Serenes has it, as usual.

http://serenesforest.net/gallery/magazine.html

e: ^^ or that too, I guess.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

SC Bracer posted:

Zigludo and Serlis come from an amazing article on Nintendo Power. Serenes has it, as usual.

http://serenesforest.net/gallery/magazine.html

e: ^^ or that too, I guess.
"Amazon healers?" What the hell are they talking about?

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Endorph posted:

"Amazon healers?" What the hell are they talking about?

I'm guessing either the Troubadour class or Zigludo's Wifey.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
What are some incredibly silly and overpowered class builds?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Serious Frolicking posted:

Convert your Avatar into a Dark Mage and give them Nosferatu. Unless the enemy can oneshot them you're nearly invincible.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dark Pegasus gets a skill that lets them take another move after they've killed an enemy, once per turn. IE: Move, attack, kill, second turn, move, attack, kill, end turn. It's basically like their own personal dancer.

From there, you have that Dark Pegasus pair up with anybody at all. Note this next step requires them both to have a son, and you to have the Alm DLC, since Demon Fighters are male only. and DLC-only.

The son now has that Dark Pegasus skill, lightning speed. From there you reclass him to Demon Fighter and level him to 15. He'll get a skill, Quick Slash, that increases his damage by 10 when he initiates a battle.

Congratulations, you've now broken the game

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

If you spend roughly one hundred levels you can grab Axe/Sword/Lance/Bow/Tome slayer which gives you +50 hit and dodge against those weapon types then prance around as the world's dodgiest General or anything you want really.

Or be a flying class with Carrier, move +1, pass and the boots and have the ability to move 13 squares and through enemies.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
One of my better characters in the early postgame (so everything but the actual hardest map) was A female Mark pimped out to have the highest possible defense cap and the manakete class. Skill set was like Limit Breaker/Lightning Speed/Magnificent Flame/All Stats+2/Life Absorb. In retrospect, after understanding how the postgame works a bit better, I'd have either replaced Life Absorb with Luna/Aether or Magnificent Flame and Life Absorb with Great Shield and Holy Shield.

In the actual hardest map, just run around with Lightning Speed, Limit Breaker, forged brave weapons, and A-rank supports between your entire team. All of those seem to be both necessary and sufficient so whatever else you do is up to preference.

Red Metal
Oct 23, 2012

Let me tell you about Homestuck

Fun Shoe
So I waited too long, and every place with the bundle that I can order from is now sold out. Is there any way for someone living in Canada to still get the 3DS bundle, or am I SOL?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I feel like I'm going to have to play on lunatic or something right off the bat to get any challenge, with how broken some of these setups sound.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

A lot of these broken set ups can't really be done until post game.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Rascyc posted:

I feel like I'm going to have to play on lunatic or something right off the bat to get any challenge, with how broken some of these setups sound.
Yeah, this is all post-game or late-game ridiculousness, and the late game has always been kinda busted in FE games. Remember Victory or Death, or as I like to call it, the Morph Meat Mauler?

nftyw
Dec 27, 2006

It is a game... where you will put your life on the line.
Lipstick Apathy
re: FE x SMT

Instant death spells in a Fire Emblem game. Welp, forget about your perfect no-deaths run :gibs:

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Endorph posted:

Yeah, this is all post-game or late-game ridiculousness, and the late game has always been kinda busted in FE games. Remember Victory or Death, or as I like to call it, the Morph Meat Mauler?

Can you still send people streetpass teams in the post-game?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Veev posted:

Can you still send people streetpass teams in the post-game?

Yeah, the post-game isn't really post. After you beat the game, it just kicks you back to before the final boss and the only things you have left to do are any sidequests you haven't completed and DLC including street/spotpass.

Veev
Oct 21, 2010

K is for kid.
A guy or gal just like you.
Dont be in such a hurry to grow up, since there's nothin' a kid can't do.

Zore posted:

Yeah, the post-game isn't really post. After you beat the game, it just kicks you back to before the final boss and the only things you have left to do are any sidequests you haven't completed and DLC including street/spotpass.

I was just imagining sharing one of these unfair teams with someone whose still working through the game. Apparently your stats are determined by the person playing's difficulty but I think the skills still stay right?

FrickenMoron
May 6, 2009

Good game!
Is the bundle available anywhere yet at an international shipping seller? February is drawing closer and Im afraid to not get one because it's gonna sell out rather quickly.

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"
Does Astra work like PoR where all the attacks only consume 1 weapon use, or is it like RD where each hit consumes a use? I also heard that each hit of Astra can miss, is this true? Can each hit crit too?

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

This is definitely not a lie

Neo_Crimson posted:

Does Astra work like PoR where all the attacks only consume 1 weapon use, or is it like RD where each hit consumes a use? I also heard that each hit of Astra can miss, is this true? Can each hit crit too?

Astra only consumes one weapon use in this. Each hit of astra can crit, although inversely each hit of astra can also proc an enemy's Great Shield/Holy Shield skill. Additionally, if you proc a Dual Guard during an enemy's Astra, you will proc it for all five hits (making for some rather goofy animations).

I am unsure about whether each hit can miss individually or not.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I am so totally buying SMTxFE. I just hope they go with a nicer title than that.

Except WiiU what the gently caress :gonk: Just do it on the 3DS dammit.

Dec 26, 2012

nftyw posted:

re: FE x SMT

Instant death spells in a Fire Emblem game. Welp, forget about your perfect no-deaths run :gibs:

Expel working on a human? Bullshit. :colbert:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Neo_Crimson posted:

Does Astra work like PoR where all the attacks only consume 1 weapon use, or is it like RD where each hit consumes a use?
You've got this backwards, I'm pretty sure.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

01011001 posted:

Expel working on a human? Bullshit. :colbert:

You act like Marth isn't some unaging monster...

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Full site is up now, go have a look see at all the names.

Now where's my Fire Emblem streetpass puzzle, nintendo :argh:.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Ha, if you look at the character section they use full-body art for everyone, except Tharja and Panne, who they crop. And then Nowi isn't even on the site. Well-handled.

e: That wasn't sarcasm.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Full site is up now, go have a look see at all the names.
The only one that really confuses me is how we went from Tiamo to Cordelia.

I mean Cordelia is a nice enough name but what.

Never stop being beautiful, localization team.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 01:29 on Jan 25, 2013

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters

Endorph posted:

The only one that really confuses me is how we went from Tiamo to Cordelia.

I mean Cordelia is a nice enough name but what.

It's a bit of a bizarre leap I agree.

But a good name so sure why not. :shobon:

Alacron
Feb 15, 2007

-->Have tearful reunion with your son
-->Eh
Fun Shoe
I love the little bits of trivia in the character profiles.

Chrom: Most Likely to Break Things
Sumia: Most Likely to Trip Over Nothing

Momomo
Dec 26, 2009

Dont judge me, I design your manhole

Cake Attack posted:

Ha, if you look at the character section they use full-body art for everyone, except Tharja and Panne, who they crop. And then Nowi isn't even on the site. Well-handled.

They also changed Tharja from having the nicest body in the army to having the darkest thoughts.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Lissa: Most likely to snort.

Wait, what?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tae posted:

Lissa: Most likely to snort.

Wait, what?
Snort while laughing? Snort derisively?

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cake Attack posted:

Ha! Wow. They show basically nothing of Panne but her face.

Actually it seems they show half-shots for a large chunk of the cast, but they really chopped her art down.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Aversa still has a full body shot but I guess it works for a seductress character (I'm assuming that's what she is).

RuBisCO
May 1, 2009

Walhart
Tiki
Say'ri

Some extra characters you can access by messing around with the url.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

RuBisCO posted:

Walhart
Tiki
Say'ri

Some extra characters you can access by messing around with the url.
You can also get to a profile for Validar, but there's nothing much interesting there.

• Locked thread