Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Concordat posted:

Yo dude I think you're in the wrong thread.

Technically related because of this.

LateToTheParty has a new favorite as of 23:15 on Jan 25, 2013

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Degg fanart?

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

LateToTheParty posted:

Shut the gently caress up rear end in a top hat

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

redmercer posted:

Shut the gently caress up rear end in a top hat

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

LateToTheParty posted:

I meant because you were posting a massive wall of text instead of, you know, weird fanart.

Pookdaddy G
Jun 13, 2007

Concordat posted:

I meant because you were posting a massive wall of text instead of, you know, weird fanart.

That is beautiful, and is now my background.

LateToTheParty
Oct 13, 2012

The bane of my existence.

Concordat posted:

I'm sorry. To make up for that here is Persona 4 with Daniel Craig James Bond.

And here is Persona 4 mixed with dumb internet memes

Red_Mage
Jul 23, 2007
I SHOULD BE FUCKING PERMABANNED BUT IN THE MEANTIME ASK ME ABOUT MY FAILED KICKSTARTER AND RUNNING OFF WITH THE MONEY
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b7h6pyJ83M

Speaking of trashy disney redesigns (as people were 4 pages back), Dogma Duck is the greatest crossover fanart ever.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Mennonites Revenge posted:

I love the repeated, sometimes flipped, watermarks.

Here, have Sonic characters as Pokemon.

Eggman as Jewish Stereotype Pokemon is sorta inspired. The inclusion of Bark and Bean shows some dedication. Are they in anything, besides Sonic: The Fighters?

Also, who's Lugia supposed to be?

Also also Persona 4 James Bond Edition won't be complete until someone dubs "aha! Is this our chance?" Right when Bond turns to fire his gun at the screen.

HenessyHero
Mar 4, 2008

"I thought we had something, Shepard. Something real."
:qq:

That's caveman Kaidan

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

What does the text say?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Boxman posted:

Eggman as Jewish Stereotype Pokemon is sorta inspired. The inclusion of Bark and Bean shows some dedication. Are they in anything, besides Sonic: The Fighters?

Also, who's Lugia supposed to be?

Also also Persona 4 James Bond Edition won't be complete until someone dubs "aha! Is this our chance?" Right when Bond turns to fire his gun at the screen.

I think Lugia is Silver. I think Sonic is the best one of them all.

I have no idea who the bottom left one or the one next to Shadow is.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

This was in the last thread to, but I'm posting it again because it's one artist that remembers the episode where April O'Neil becomes a cat mutant but made fan art that's funny instead of creepy.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

ultrafilter posted:

What does the text say?

"Dark Souls Play Diary 9
Its weak points are..."

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

This is the first El Chavo fanart I've ever seen, and I'm kind of just glad it's not ponies, sonics, or gargoyles.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

I don't really understand this, and I played the game. Especially since I played the game.

She... missed the thing? What?

duralict
Sep 18, 2007

this isn't hug club at all

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME posted:

I don't really understand this, and I played the game. Especially since I played the game.

She... missed the thing? What?

I think you don't understand humor.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

What's the image on which this one is based? It's a familiar pose but I can't quite place it.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

graybook posted:

What's the image on which this one is based? It's a familiar pose but I can't quite place it.

Bob Ross.

BAKA FLOCKA FLAME
Oct 9, 2012

by Pipski

Kikka posted:

Is that actually the joke? That she missed? Really? Or is there something super obvious that I'm missing?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Yeah, I mean I sorta smiled at the fact that she missed and the whole ridiculous rube-goldberg setup of blasting a laser across several islands to activate other laser blasts to activate a thing failed, but then you get

Pookdaddy G posted:

That is beautiful, and is now my background.

and suddenly I'm panicking that I've missed a joke somewhere. Basically what I'm saying is that this thread is a vector for transmission of autism.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer

Hellooooo new desktop wallpaper! Here, have some more:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Kikka posted:

Oh come on. I mean it's cute but really? Just because a nerdy thing is involved doesn't make something the height of comedy.

It's one of those jokes that's ok in passing but then seeing people fall all over themselves in glee over it makes me wince and think this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

And so does this:

Pony version of minor internet personalities known for making videos where they talk over video games. Gay pony versions of them. And one is tsundere. Oh god why do I know that word.

Stairs
Oct 13, 2004

StrangersInTheNight posted:

And so does this:

Pony version of minor internet personalities known for making videos where they talk over video games. Gay pony versions of them. And one is tsundere. Oh god why do I know that word.

Is that Spoony and Nostalgia Critic? Oh God.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

StrangersInTheNight posted:

Oh come on. I mean it's cute but really? Just because a nerdy thing is involved doesn't make something the height of comedy.

It's one of those jokes that's ok in passing but then seeing people fall all over themselves in glee over it makes me wince and think this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZEdDMQZaCU

And so does this:

If you actually watch these guys this is pretty much how they are.

ThatPazuzu
Sep 8, 2011

I'm so depressed, I can't even blink.

Stairs posted:

Is that Spoony and Nostalgia Critic? Oh God.

Gaming Grumps, as you can see by their Gaming Grumps Cutie Mark.

Excuse me, I'm going to have to throw myself off of a church or something after writing that.

Comrade Question
Mar 30, 2011

"I'd say it's nothing personal, but corporations are people, too."
But yes, pony versions of those other two exist and no, there is no need to post them.

Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

Seriously, what is it with Sonic fans and religion?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Friends Are Evil posted:

They're either children or autistic and neither group really understands how dumb it is to include cartoon/video game characters in religious contexts.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

Heath posted:

If you actually watch these guys this is pretty much how they are.

I dunno if I'd say that two dudes who play video games together while they are probably very stoned and make the occasional 'hurrrrr lol gay' joke is 'pretty much' like two ponies engaged in a blushy romantic cuddle relationship, but ok. Perhaps I just don't have the right perspective; I don't tend to assume any two people who get along with one another are secretly loving.

Also holyshitsonic

:stonk:

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
Some absolute winner commissioned two different artists to draw his dragon fursona being seduced by one of those jellyfish aliens from Futurama.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

Friends Are Evil posted:

SuperMechagodzilla had an amazing post about why crazy nerds like him.

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Sonic is the perfect virtual character. He moves about with perfect fluid ease and lightning speed, despite having no appreciable muscle mass. He's brightly coloured and textureless. Sonic is essentially disembodied - a spirit character- but there's the carnal satisfaction that compels him to consume chili dogs. He exists only to gently caress, although in 'innocent', family-friendly terms.

In his stories, he is constantly warped and altered - transported, digitized, cloned and whatever. The themes are all playing on identity - usually purifying oneself, becoming better. I think he often goes super-sayan or something. Sonic is established as a hero of the natural world, but then note his reeboks, and the fact that his 'natural world' looks like a technicolor sewer system.

I believe that in a recent game, Sonic is teleported to King Arthur's Court. In a recent fan-film, he re-enacts jaws. Sonic can appear anywhere, but is consistently presented as being a 'free spirit' at odds with some (literally) mechanical bureaucracy. As in Avatar, his effortless fluid motion is contrasted against rigid (usually literal) mechanisms of some oppressive authoritarian group. (These stories should be celebrating struggle and work - friction is notably absent.) It's no accident that Robotnik's name is vaguely russian. Sonic delivers quips throughout his adventures because he's a jokey trickster spirit (like the fox in both ancient myth and furry fandom) - but he frequently cries out with melodramatic anguish. He is almost simultaneously carefree and embroiled in real struggle, his moods vacillating rapidly. It's because despite being impossibly superpowerful, he's an eternal naif, always going "whoa!" with shock, and then crying real tears. In at least one story, Sonic falls in love with a human girl (read: anime princess). Sonic pantomimes emotions many fans might not have experienced in reality, or had trouble coping with if they did. Again, he's eternally innocent - and yet is driven by lust to survive holocausts.

That fan-film posted earlier actually made cringe with disgust and exclaim 'oh gently caress this' out of vicarious shame and embarrassment. I instinctively closed the window the moment an actor spoke actual dialogue. It doesn't even look good.

A Great Big Bee!
Mar 8, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Friends Are Evil posted:

I think someone provided a plausible explanation earlier: religious homeschooled kids + Sonic games = weird fanart. Sonic is a popular and inoffensive series so religious parents get them for their kids.

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012

Azrael Alexander posted:

Some absolute winner commissioned two different artists to draw his dragon fursona being seduced by one of those jellyfish aliens from Futurama.

well that's oddly specific. If I remember correctly, she/it was only in one or two scenes in one episode :stare:

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT
I've seen every episode of Futurama and I don't even remember that character.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

The Monkey Man posted:

It was the one with Bob Barker. Can't remember her name off the top but she did perform a traditional gangsta rap as her talent competition.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QueenQuintessence
Dec 26, 2012

The Monkey Man posted:

She's the nurse from the army episode. I can't seem to find a clip, but she has two lines with Zoidberg and the robot doctor.

Man I need to watch more Futurama.

• Locked thread