Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Dissapointed Owl posted:

Ugh, when will the movie industry stop catering to SMG.

I'm assuming it's found footage.

What does Sarah Michelle Gellar have to do with this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

A human heart posted:

I really dig how in this poster the shark is no longer menacing the swimmer as in the original Jaws poster, but is charging forward into the camera to attack the audience.

Jurassic Pending Lawsuit.

Stellar Curiosity
Jan 15, 2009

I was browsing Netflix and suddenly:

:buddy: :respek: :byodame:

This is amazing. I am actually considering buying and framing a copy of this. (Too bad the one with the floating heads has too much text on it, and the one without the floating heads looks too nice)

edit:

Stellar Curiosity fucked around with this message at 18:22 on Jan 27, 2013

Glamorama26
Sep 14, 2011

All it comes down to is this: I feel like shit, but look great.

I'm not alone in staring at this and humming the Jurassic Park theme loudly, right?

Right?

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

A human heart posted:

I really dig how in this poster the shark is no longer menacing the swimmer as in the original Jaws poster, but is charging forward into the camera to attack the audience.

muscles like this? posted:

Jurassic Pending Lawsuit.

:downs:: "Ahh-ha, we have a back-up title just in case. Check it out: 'Maws!' Huh? Huh?!"

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Stellar Curiosity posted:

I was browsing Netflix and suddenly:

:buddy: :respek: :byodame:

Really want to see the shark's mouth replaced with Laura Dern's or vice versa.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?

Glamorama26 posted:

I'm not alone in staring at this and humming the Jurassic Park theme loudly, right?

Right?

This one:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-w-58hQ9dLk

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I saw Mama in theaters last night and there was a preview for Jurassic Park 3D before it. When the theme started playing, this was all I could think of and I couldn't contain laughter. Thankfully, I saw the movie at 12:30 in the morning in an empty theater :haw:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Glamorama26 posted:

Right?

Somebody do a mash-up of the Jurassic Park and Jaws themes.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I was joking before but I do have to wonder if Universal/Amblin will send a C&D what with the copycat font and logo.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

This movie didn't have a great poster campaign, but it was at least better than this..

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Robert Denby posted:

This movie didn't have a great poster campaign, but it was at least better than this..

I actually really liked the original poster. Dog and all. In fact judging by the poster http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2241374208/tt1931533 - they ADDED a gun to Colin Ferrell. Terrible. Awful.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Robert Denby posted:

Did Sam Rockwell's character design this poster?

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Lizard Combatant posted:

Really? That's a shame, since (barring one scene) Prometheus was in no way a horror film. Hell, Pan's Labyrinth was a better horror film.

Uhh, are you sure? Because almost everything about Prometheus was a horror film.

Zellus
Apr 3, 2010

Incompetence surrounds me!

Here's another fine film from Dudez Productions (no seriously, that's their name):

Zellus fucked around with this message at 05:14 on Jan 28, 2013

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Wolfsheim posted:

Uhh, are you sure? Because almost everything about Prometheus was a horror film.

Ok, no one wants a Prometheus derail but it seemed more action than horror to me (with the exception of the excellent abortion sequence). To me, horror is suspense and dread, not just gore - which can be horrific, but wasn't the tone of the film itself.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Prometheus is a sci-fi thriller. It's got some scary bits but it's nowhere near the out-and-out intense horror experience that Alien is- there's as much humor and sense-of-wonder-in-a-perverse-way and other elements.

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Maxwell Lord posted:

Prometheus is a sci-fi thriller. It's got some scary bits but it's nowhere near the out-and-out intense horror experience that Alien is- there's as much humor and sense-of-wonder-in-a-perverse-way and other elements.

Exactly. "Horror" suggests more of a slow burn, 'wind up the tension until it snaps' kind of film. To me anyway.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

Wouldn't the original highlighter green have helped it stand out on the shelf?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Teenage Fansub posted:

Wouldn't the original highlighter green have helped it stand out on the shelf?

Yeah but black and orange = "action" now.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Robert Denby posted:

Where's the other three psychopaths?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

How about grey steel background and a lime green explosion? How about compromise?

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.

:haw:

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Is that movie any good?

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Mister Chief posted:

Is that movie any good?

It's all right. Like a poor man's Adaptation, but I enjoyed it. Harrelson, Walken and Waits are fun.

e: \/\/\/ Rockwell is always great, but his character didn't do much for me. Agreed about the Amish subplot.

Lizard Combatant fucked around with this message at 12:56 on Jan 28, 2013

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Mister Chief posted:

Is that movie any good?

Not really. Sam Rockwell and Walken are good, as usual, and there's an all right mini-story in it about an Amish guy...but the only thing that I walked away from the movie liking was it's use of "Angela Surf City" by The Walkmen.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?
Was Seven Psychopaths shelved for years? Or a development hell project? It's sort of a piss take on Tarantino ripoffs but Tarantino ripoffs aren't a major pollutant anymore so that aspect feels DOA. It's a likable movie even though it doesn't shape up to be anything novel or valuable.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

Mister Chief posted:

Is that movie any good?

I liked it enough... brought back the feeling of mid-2000s crime films that had strange tonal mixes, like Lucky # Slevin, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang, and The Matador.

Chicolini
Sep 22, 2007

I hate cold showers. They stimulate me and then I don't know what to do.
But did Sam Rockwell manage to dance in it? This is important.

Piccadilly Jim got a boring poster for such a fun movie.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
So I was browsing blu-ray.com's new reviews and I see this monstrosity:

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
Kick-rear end: Picasso Edition

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

GonSmithe posted:

Oh my god, they changed the name. I saw this flick when it was called Vs (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1836212/) and it sucks So. Hard.

The Q&A featured the director bragging about James Remar being a family friend and only doing this movie because of that, if that's any indication of the sort of person that would make this film.

testtubebaby
Apr 7, 2008

Where we're going,
we won't need eyes to see.

GonSmithe posted:

Seems like it matches the quality of the film.

Finally, truth in movie advertising.

vvv Hopefully resulting in "Mars Needs Moms" box office numbers vvv

testtubebaby fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jan 28, 2013

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

I'm having "Mars Needs Moms" flashbacks here.

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Except its starring Nicolas Cage :colbert:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Merida, what happened to you? :ohdear:

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Man, that movie would've been so much better in it's earlier form. It was called Crood Awakening, and the initial screenplay was done by John Cleese and it was supposed to a stop-motion film done by Aardman.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Robert Denby posted:

Man, why do all Dreamworks characters look completely awful in every way?

Physical
Sep 26, 2007

by T. Finninho

Ez posted:

Man, why do all Dreamworks characters look completely awful in every way?
Well that one is lacking a few chromosomes, or has too many, either way it's not just the right amount.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Robert Denby posted:

It's pretty ballsy of Dreamworks to use the movie's fake caveman language all over the actual poster.