Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
The Reality Show Show boys' glee as they discussed how terrible the Taste is was hilarious. I also enjoyed their takedown of the Bachelor last week. Great episode!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Fezz posted:

The Reality Show Show boys' glee as they discussed how terrible the Taste is was hilarious. I also enjoyed their takedown of the Bachelor last week. Great episode!

Yeah, I'm gonna do my weekly pimping of Reality Show Show again. It was fantastic this week and I loved their excitement when they actually got to interview Frank.

And them cutting of the last "Show" in the Reality Show Show because they didn't have time for it was classic.

GraPar
Jun 2, 2011
Also enjoyed their increasingly dramatic revulsion with the awful women of Making Mr. Right a few weeks ago.

Maduo
Sep 8, 2006

You see all the colors.
All of them.

Reality Show Show really does go from great to incredible when they drop the schtick and just start viciously savaging bad reality TV.

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

I don't get this last part of improv4humans this week, what were they hoping to accomplish by ganging up on this one guy that criticized them?

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

The hosts' dynamic on Reality Show Show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Except MATES beats their jokes into the ground (in a funny way). Also, because I have no idea what they're talking about on RSS, I find it hard to tell sometimes if they're being sarcastic or not.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.

Conduit for Sale! posted:

The hosts' dynamic on Reality Show Show reminds me of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks. Except MATES beats their jokes into the ground (in a funny way). Also, because I have no idea what they're talking about on RSS, I find it hard to tell sometimes if they're being sarcastic or not.
Sometimes I get the feeling they're making up episodes of the reality shows completely. I'm probably just underestimating how dumb reality TV can be though.

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Trust me, they're being sarcastic the entire time.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

kdrudy posted:

I don't get this last part of improv4humans this week, what were they hoping to accomplish by ganging up on this one guy that criticized them?

I don't know! I can't stand when they do that. If their point is that the average person on the internet hasn't thought their comments through and can't defend them convincingly, well no poo poo. It is not funny to listen to.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Matt keeps talking about making i4h THE BEST PODCAST IN THE UNIVERSE!! and then tries to make it that way by making his bully-calls less about bullying people. He needs to just cut them because on the one hand, letters/content from listeners sections are always the worst part of any given podcast, and on the other the way he's chosen to do his just makes me cringe and feel bad for everyone involved the whole time. I'd get on earwolf and let him know how I feel but I don't want to spend an hour in skype with him and 3 other guys.

It's sad because everything else about i4h is so consistently great, he really doesn't need this one extra segment except to go "well I like it and it's my show so there!"

Beeez
May 28, 2012
I started listening to The Reality Show Show yesterday based on the advisement of people in this thread and it did not disappoint. The "Scotty Doesn't Know" bit was a great example of how they good they are making it something goofy and ridiculous genuinely hilarious as well.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

For the record, that special ep of I4H isn't a response to a listener, or some random Matt decided needed a dressing-down, it's a direct response to the shitfit had by Kurt Metzger.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Mob posted:

For the record, that special ep of I4H isn't a response to a listener, or some random Matt decided needed a dressing-down, it's a direct response to the shitfit had by Kurt Metzger.

Yeah, about halfway through I paused it and looked it up online. I can kind of see where both sides are coming from, but I think I side more with the UCB guys. They've built this thing to be what it is, and nobody is getting rich from these theaters. If comedians think not getting paid $20 is disrespectful, there are other places to perform. Hearing Metzger go "Who all has a beef with UCB?" and there being a really lame response kind of encapsulated it for me, but I guess it might have just been a small room he was performing for. I hope they do address the treatment of comics thing though if that's actually going on, that sounded bad.

Also, after getting around to listening to this weeks main I4H I retract my complaint about the Cased Closed segment. He put it at the end and warned you that if you don't like the segments, you wouldn't be missing anything else, so that's good enough for me. I still think it's a bad segment, though. The power is all in Matt's hands, so it can never be seen as anything but him picking on the caller. Regular random people just can't stand toe-to-toe verbally with a group of professional comedians. Matt is in charge of when the call happens, when it ends, and how it is edited. Listeners are going to be biased to Matt's point of view by default. However, it's his show and if it is something he just has to have, I think he's done a good job of separating it from the rest of the show for the people who don't want to listen to it.

Mob
May 7, 2002

Me reading your posts

I'm just conflicted because I love UCB and what they provide for entertainment creators, but I also know one of the owners of the comedy club(The Stand) where that show moved to, so I'd really just like for everybody to get along (in a world where stand-up and improv audiences co-exist)

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
My biggest issue with Case Closed is that when it's not against someone just obviously stupid like the dude who said with his hand gun he could totally have stopped the movie theater shooting so everyone needs gun, Matt just isn't as smart as he thinks he is. When you get that with his whole 'well it doesn't bother ME why should it bother YOU?!' kinda attitude it's just really a chore. Also you usually have guests wanting to throw in because otherwise it's a really awkward conversation with a couple guys just sitting there, so you have like four voices at once while Skype lags and it's exhausting.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Well, I know what I'm checking out as soon as I have time.

The Duke
May 19, 2004

The Angel from my Nightmare

Greggy posted:

It was definitely an interesting episode. I was kind of dreading it ever since they said Tim Heidecker was going to be on because while I love pretty much everything he's ever done I've never seen him break character before and I wasn't sure how good HDTGM would be with that on top of the discussion. Tim is genuine throughout though and contributed some real insight in to the movie.

He was pretty good on Who Charted last year (?) and wasn't really in character at all if I remember correctly. He had some pretty interesting things to say about music and movies as well.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
On the subject of him breaking character I heard this recently: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_QK3kq7Ogpo I read about it a while ago but I've never heard him talk about it. Aside from being a pretty good story about a crazy guy with a knife, it's pretty interesting hearing him be funny without being in character.

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

If you were a fan of Love, Dad (R.I.P.) check out Dave Koechner's episode of Mohr Sports. Very dad/family-centric and very funny as well.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Mordecai Sanchez posted:

If you were a fan of Love, Dad (R.I.P.)

Oh did that end? I listened to the first few eps then it kinda fell off my radar when I temporarily had less podcasting time. I really enjoyed what I heard and I was planning to come back to it :(

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007
Someone asked a while ago if there were pictures of the nerd poker characters. The earwolf blog just linked to this: http://forum.earwolf.com/topic/9733-character-drawings/

Not official but some of them are pretty good. Mostly because of Ell Ryan.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Crossposting from the comedy podcast thread, does anyone know any good music podcasts? I've been listening to Shots Fired a lot lately and was wondering what else is out there.

SMP
May 5, 2009

VPN has scheduled Improv4Humans live this Thursday :woop:. Scott also teased guests for a new CBB tomorrow.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

SMP posted:

Improv4Humans live this Thursday :woop:.
Awww yeaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Yeah, video I4H is going to own, I'm very excited!

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

SMP posted:

VPN has scheduled Improv4Humans live this Thursday :woop:. Scott also teased guests for a new CBB tomorrow.

I'm going to have a really busy/lovely day tomorrow, but a PFT/Gillian Jacobs episode more than makes up for it. :)

E: On the facebook page when the photo came out earlier, a lot of people thought Joel McHale was on the left, which made me wonder if there was news out that he got his shins removed Cotton Hill-style.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
Who Charted? is absolutely required listening this week, unless you're one of those crazies who hates Howard Kremer. Steve-O is the guest and he's one of the most interesting people in the world.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jeff. Drop the photo filters already.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Yo Jeff, Steve-O needs a podcast. Just one by himself. Emptying his mind.

SMP
May 5, 2009

jyrka posted:

God drat, he pretty much got one. That was the quietest I've ever seen Howard/Kulap. He was fascinating to listen to.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

jyrka posted:

Yo Jeff, never let Steve-O talk again. Jesus christ that was enough.

Sneeing Emu
Dec 5, 2003
Brother, my eyes
In other news, J Mantz was fuckin' ON in the newest How Did This Get Made. I love the live episodes.

I also thought the Devil's Advocate was the coolest movie ever when I was a teenager.

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

Sneeing Emu posted:

In other news, J Mantz was fuckin' ON in the newest How Did This Get Made. I love the live episodes.

I also thought the Devil's Advocate was the coolest movie ever when I was a teenager.

The live ones are easily the best and it helps that The Devil's Advocate is bonkers in the best way. Also that audience who won the drink ticket blew my mind too.

They also need to always do Pacino movies because The Zooks has a good Pacino impression and Scheer's is coming along nicely. Get Pete Holmes back in there for them too.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

SMP posted:

He looks too tall to be PFT. Jacobs was my first guess as well though.

the suit doesn't really look like PFT's style either.

Watch me be completely wrong.

Conduit for Sale! fucked around with this message at 03:28 on Feb 7, 2013

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

He looks too tall to be PFT. Jacobs was my first guess as well though.

the suit doesn't really look like PFT's style either.

Watch me be completely wrong.

You've been wrong for a while, it went up last night and it's PFT and Gillian. He looks tall because Scott is squatting to make him look tall.

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

scary ghost dog posted:

You've been wrong for a while, it went up last night and it's PFT and Gillian. He looks tall because Scott is squatting to make him look tall.

Haha, well gently caress me.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Yeah to be fair it looks like a suit a handsome man would wear rather than a clowny PFT suit.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Besser talking about tonight's I4H livestream: "I will be joined by LP, JG, an JW. And a special appearance by E the PI. "

SMP
May 5, 2009

KimT posted:

Besser talking about tonight's I4H livestream: "I will be joined by LP, JG, an JW. And a special appearance by E the PI. "

Lennon Parham, John Gabrus?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

SMP posted:

Lennon Parham, John Gabrus?

JW could be Joe Wengert, and Gabrus could be Gemberling instead.