Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!

EA Sports posted:

That's not comparable since she's known to roid up.

I wasn't aware steroids had an effect on your skeletal structure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boobs is Fun!
Jun 25, 2005

KaneBlueRiver
The Chilean Sensation
#1 Hulk/Haggar in the World
Yeah the contrast between her and Gina in that photo is amazing.

EA Sports
Feb 10, 2007

by Azathoth

Mega Comrade posted:

I wasn't aware steroids had an effect on your skeletal structure.

Oh yes, HGH especially is known to cause manlier looking faces with larger hands.

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
That's loving horrific. Astounds me people know about this yet still choose to do it.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo

Mega Comrade posted:

That's loving horrific. Astounds me people know about this yet still choose to do it.

Hey, some people just do whatever it takes to excel on their chosen field, with little care to trivial stuff like good looks. Look at Marn, for example.

:rimshot:

Smegmatron
Apr 23, 2003

I hate to advocate emptyquoting or shitposting to anyone, but they've always worked for me.

AndyElusive posted:

I don't follow the body building scene so maybe my concept of muscular women is off, but I watch my fair share of womens MMA and female form of the women who kick actual rear end as a profession is nothing like the mannish appearance of Wonder Woman in either Injustice or even MKvsDCU before it:

http://i.imgur.com/s7WWQ30.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/H0JnL1z.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/vd3sXmP.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/cNd77VB.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/dT0oKt1.jpg

Anyways, I think this is probably the lamest this thread has ever been with this and the MLP:FIM discussion happening at the same time.

Cris Cyborg is unimpressed by your post. So are her abnormally high testosterone levels and the stanozolol metabolites she tested positive for.

Ronda Rousey thought it was an ok post though.

It's almost as if women's body types are as variable as men's!

Smegmatron fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Feb 10, 2013

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Smegmatron posted:

Cris Cyborg is unimpressed by your post. So are her abnormally high testosterone levels and the stanozolol metabolites she tested positive for.

Ronda Rousey thought it was an ok post though.

It's almost as women's body types are as variable as men's!

No. Video games have taught me that there is only one female body type :colbert:.

In other news, from the FF thread:

Totally honest, I'd play the gently caress out of SFxFF. Or maybe it's SFxGODBLESSTHERING?

Honestly it'd be neat to see a Dissidia style game on a mainstream (for areas that are not Japan) console come out of it, minus the rpg bits. Dissidia may not be a true fighting game or whatever, but it's certainly fun.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 03:53 on Feb 10, 2013

interrodactyl
Nov 8, 2011

you have no dignity
Joke's on you, it's Final Fantasy x Fate/Unlimited Codes.

The best fighting games. Put together.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

interrodactyl posted:

Joke's on you, it's Final Fantasy x Fate/Unlimited Codes
I'm not even lying, I would play the poo poo out of that.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Ok, ok. Cyborg looks a tad manly but her frame is still fairly female so my point still stands. Wonder Woman doesn't look like a beefed up female, she looks like a beefed up man or a woman full of roids with a messed up clavicle area.

This whole discussion is stupid anyway, there's a 100 ways a non-hypersexualized Wonder Woman could look and NRS keep going with the worst possible ones.

Mr. Fun
Sep 22, 2006

ABSOLUTE KINOGRAPHY
Of all the terrible Netherrealms character designs I've seen, manly Wonder Woman ranks somewhere in the middle.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell
Hey guys, does anyone know what the difference between the Hori VX SA and the Hori VX SA Kai is, a part that it's...black? I can get a regular VX like i have, which is pretty good for 100€, but since i want a better/cooler stick that the one i allready own, i'd put some extra money in if it's worth it. The Kai is about 130€...

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
More distance between the stick/buttons and a start/select lock function, if I remember right.

Mister Blueberry
Feb 17, 2010

Mike, Steve, what the hell

Goodpart posted:

More distance between the stick/buttons and a start/select lock function, if I remember right.

Those are welcome tweaks indeed, I once got disqualified from a tourney for pressing start because i mash like crazy through ultras.... More wrist/hand space is even awesomer. I ordered one.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
Wonder Woman looks like an exaggeration of a physically peak woman, much like almost every male superhero is with regards to a man.

I mean, I despise how the women in MK9 look, but Wonder Woman is pretty inoffensive. She looks like a super fit Woman. Like Superman is a super fit man.

CrashTestVictim
Oct 2, 2003

...roink PERFECT.

iastudent posted:

Got a monitor question for y'all since I'm looking for something to spend my tax refund on. I know the ASUS VH236H has been the fighting game monitor of choice for awhile, but I saw a couple others as well that appear to be newer models, like the VS238H-P. Is the second one as reliable for reducing lag like the VH, or should I stick with the EVO standby?

Adeel (Four Wude) started up this site which you might find useful. http://www.displaylag.com

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Waterbed posted:

I mean, I despise how the women in MK9 look,

I have no idea what you mean. (nsfwish) :v:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Shoryuken forums are back up, they redesigned the whole thing. Lost all my watched threads, but now it actually loads.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

PLANES CURE TOWERS posted:

Shoryuken forums are back up, they redesigned the whole thing. Lost all my watched threads, but now it actually loads.

Mio Bison
Dec 14, 2005

violence is who I am, loser

flatluigi posted:

SSF2T: HD Remix
-> Morrigan

David Sirlin has rebalanced your forums, pray he does not rebalance them any further.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Quan Chi in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, YUSSS!

Doggboat
Oct 17, 2012

chumbler posted:

In other news, from the FF thread:

He is the new ambassador of Capcom and got them on board for UMvC3 ver.2014: Kingdom Hearts Edition with his charming laugh.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

AndyElusive posted:

Quan Chi in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, YUSSS!

I'm just really happy that Vega is a subforum of Freddy Kreuger.

Innominatus
May 19, 2004

And we can rust the whole world...
Does anyone have one of the Madcatz TTT2 sticks? This thing? I'm wondering how much work they are to mod compared to a standard TE. I'd want to swap the stick out and dual-mod it.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
It's essentially a TE-S, which is internally the same as any other TE. Go nuts.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Finally went ahead and placed my order this morning on the ASUS VH238H. If anyone else is interested, Amazon just did a price drop on it today. $140 plus a $20 rebate offer on the page, so $120 after all is said and done.

Gutcruncher
Apr 16, 2005

Go home and be a family man!

Innominatus posted:

Does anyone have one of the Madcatz TTT2 sticks? This thing? I'm wondering how much work they are to mod compared to a standard TE. I'd want to swap the stick out and dual-mod it.

While checking out your link I came across this.

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5593&idCategory=274

How long have these existed? Why was I not informed?!

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
its pretty new, I first saw it at SCR

reversefungi
Nov 27, 2003

Master of the high hat!
Been playing some BlazBlue, what does "100p1" mean? I saw it in reference to a couple of moves, notably Noel's Revolver Blast. Googling doesn't seem to find anything.

Gwyrgyn Blood
Dec 17, 2002

Stands for 100% Proration 1.

Proration 1 is the same thing as Initial Proration, meaning it's the proration that's applied if you hit with it as the first hit of a combo. Being 100% means it doesn't scale damage or tech AT ALL, which means it's really loving good for starting combos with.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Waterbed posted:

Wonder Woman looks like an exaggeration of a physically peak woman, much like almost every male superhero is with regards to a man.

I mean, I despise how the women in MK9 look, but Wonder Woman is pretty inoffensive. She looks like a super fit Woman. Like Superman is a super fit man.

And that makes perfect sense. Wonder Woman isn't human, after all. She's a statue.

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

So I entered my modded fight stick in Focus Attacks "Snapback!" joystick photo contest on Facebook. I'm the Mad Catz Rnd 2 mod with the Chun-Li/Ryu x Kazuya/Nina graphic. I've got something like 19 votes and just as many Likes so far. There's an absolute beast of a fight stick by B15 shaped like a goddamn pulse-rifle from Aliens with freaking eggs inside of it and an LED ammo counter in the contest and oh and did I mention there's a couple of actual custom arcade cabs? You get a bunch of votes so you can spread the love.

If anybody gets bored and wants to throw a goon some votes that would be pretty rad.

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

rip
It's funny because that contest will ultimately turn into a parade of entries that effectively boil down to "get $50 off your B15SDM purchase!"

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Goodpart posted:

It's funny because that contest will ultimately turn into a parade of entries that effectively boil down to "get $50 off your B15SDM purchase!"

Yup! Pretty much. Also there's no way regular every day folk can compete with B15 SDM customs in anything arcade stick related, so really it wont matter how many votes anyone else gets.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Most of his stuff is really really well crafted and really really ugly.

Chacmool
Apr 12, 2007

Aphrodite posted:

And that makes perfect sense. Wonder Woman isn't human, after all. She's a statue.

I just think her neck is too long.

Obeast
Aug 26, 2006
Õ_~ ANIME BABE LOVER 2000 ~_Õ
Nevermind, wrong thread... :doh:

AndyElusive
Jan 7, 2007

Brosnan posted:

Most of his stuff is really really well crafted and really really ugly.

Even though my stick isn't some glorious work of art I'm inclined to agree. Yet a lot of people really really like them and will pay through the rear end for them and will vote for them to win contests in which they're entered.

Innominatus
May 19, 2004

And we can rust the whole world...

Brosnan posted:

It's essentially a TE-S, which is internally the same as any other TE. Go nuts.

Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruitsnacks
Oct 28, 2007
D-pad + stick hybrid by Sanwa:

• Locked thread