Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate
Ok, I made a Paladin too. Huklamaniac!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prophecy120
Feb 4, 2003

God Bless the Enclave! God Bless America!
Does anyone have a good classic Alliance leveling guide? I tried the one posted one the first page but it's an in-game mod and I don't find the literal step-by-step directions very helpful. I've always played Horde since release so I'm more looking for a general guideline of zones and levels.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Prophecy120 posted:

Does anyone have a good classic Alliance leveling guide? I tried the one posted one the first page but it's an in-game mod and I don't find the literal step-by-step directions very helpful. I've always played Horde since release so I'm more looking for a general guideline of zones and levels.

I use the Cartographer Addon and it gives me the level ranges of zones and instances. Kind of handy when you're not sure where to go next, I guess.

DB05
Jun 24, 2005
Summer Time
Jame's guide here . Doesn't start til 30, though.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

FutuerBear posted:

Minimap Tracking Alerts - AutoHotkey Script
Aah memories, I wrote a fishing autohotkey app to farm stonescale eels in Azshara for armour pots. Each morning I was hoping that Blizzard had banned me, nope.

Unlucky I guess.

Tanners
Dec 13, 2011

woof
We officially have over 200 accounts in <lets get weird>!! (Thats counting banks and stuff but its still a lot!) Really exciting stuff, the outlook on raiding is very positive.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
Holy hell is Alliance leveling poorly designed.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

boho posted:

Holy hell is Alliance leveling poorly designed.

Pretty much this, forever.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
So. Mount grinding at 38-39. Rock Elementals are the wisdom, but they're also the wisdom for the Horde city next door -- which makes them quite non-conductive to grinding, especially at peak. Any other suggestions?

Raika
Feb 14, 2011

Basilisks at the southern edge of shimmering flats. They respawn much faster than you can kill the camp and there's vendors nearby.

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.

Raika posted:

Basilisks at the southern edge of shimmering flats. They respawn much faster than you can kill the camp and there's vendors nearby.

Just watch out for Horde. They love to bring roaming gank squads to that area, as it IS a popular farming spot. AND it is right next to Gadget.

-Loviatar

ist
Mar 9, 2007
lurkin since '01

boho posted:

So. Mount grinding at 38-39. Rock Elementals are the wisdom, but they're also the wisdom for the Horde city next door -- which makes them quite non-conductive to grinding, especially at peak. Any other suggestions?

There's a better camp of rock elementals to farm on the south side of the zone.

red state bait
Dec 9, 2006

Oh god, why did I download this game again?

I've rolled a warlock named Mulattobutts, let's see if I can last longer than a day before I want to shoot myself!

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Server down? I thought it was just a restart.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

Fallen Paladin posted:

Just watch out for Horde. They love to bring roaming gank squads to that area, as it IS a popular farming spot. AND it is right next to Gadget.

-Loviatar

Arroyo purge the Flats. Arroyo gives no fucks.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Noah posted:

Server down? I thought it was just a restart.

Took a while but it's back.

boho
Oct 4, 2011

on fire and loving it
And now the server's hosed up again. Every time they touch the anti-cheat system the server stability just gets worse.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006
Wait, is the server back now? I am off in an hour and having rekindled my addiction can't stop thinking about playing.

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Socratse posted:

Wait, is the server back now? I am off in an hour and having rekindled my addiction can't stop thinking about playing.

Server's been up for ages.

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

I've been working on a castbar addon which displays latency and stops casting intelligently before new spells and has lots of custom configurable movable castbars included).

From the bat, known bugs:
  • channelled spells are displaying latency on the wrong side
  • sometimes the spellbar disappears but you are still casting. I am still debugging this one, it might be a Catch22 situation mostly fixed sometimes the server is too ambiguous

The features of this one are:
  • Quite configurable. Look at the readme. You can use this with other castbar addons
  • No macros needed. It intelligently calls SpellStopCasting() if you are spamming your spell key

If you are a caster and your ping is over 80ms this mod might make your life less painful.
If you are a caster and your ping is over 300ms download right mod right now.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8on7tnxtg8gm0kk/LagCast-0.99.1.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed9mzpq5t7ozr9b/LagCast-0.99.2.zip
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jqhsibrnjmt240w/LagCast-0.99.3.zip

(most recent version here: http://getweirdwith.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=27&p=112)

homercles fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 21, 2013

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

homercles posted:

I've been working on a castbar addon which displays latency and stops casting intelligently before new spells.

• sometimes the spellbar disappears but you are still casting. I am still debugging this one, it might be a Catch22 situation

• Quite configurable. Look at the readme. You can use this with other castbar addons
  • No macros needed. It intelligently calls SpellStopCasting() if you are spamming your spell key

If you are a caster and your ping is over 80ms this mod might make your life less painful.

Are there any mods that need to be installed prior to installing this one?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

no

Drinniol
Aug 7, 2007

homercles posted:

I've been working on a castbar addon which displays latency and stops casting intelligently before new spells.

• sometimes the spellbar disappears but you are still casting. I am still debugging this one, it might be a Catch22 situation

Oh poo poo, here I am terrified of rolling a caster because of the hassle manually stopcasting to maximize my potential, and you just up and fix it just like that.

You're like a modern day Prometheus, bringing fire to the mortals.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Just started on this server with my Girlfriend. I've been playing since 05 but never played alliance before. should be fun. Typical is me

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Drinniol posted:

Oh poo poo, here I am terrified of rolling a caster because of the hassle manually stopcasting to maximize my potential, and you just up and fix it just like that.

Now that I'm looking around, it seems that at least one addon existed from 2005/2006: http://classic-addons.feenixtools.com/Fastcast_v1.11.2.zip (looks fairly comprehensive but I haven't used it)

(I have another crafty idea for a mod)

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Just realized I've been using the wrong thread all this time. Anyway, PROGRESSION. Our first all guild BRD run ended in success (Obviously, since we are a professional raiding guild with no casuals). Only Paladin loot dropped from every boss.

Toober, Cleon, Pemulis, Koobes, Nutshot. Mark it.

McSpankWich fucked around with this message at 14:15 on Feb 14, 2013

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

"Ok let's get the gently caress out of here now" makes that picture.

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.

Firos posted:

"Ok let's get the gently caress out of here now" makes that picture.

Indeed. It's true <lets get weird> class.

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.

And somewhere, Welp is having a brain aneurism. Good work.

effzedsix
Mar 7, 2006

Typical posted:

Just started on this server with my Girlfriend. I've been playing since 05 but never played alliance before. should be fun. Typical is me

I knew I'd get you to join.

DB05
Jun 24, 2005
Summer Time
drat net is down at home. Rourk didn't quit cause of paladin leveling..

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
If I already have the client installed from rebirth, do I need to redownload this one?

eager beaver
Jan 13, 2004
I SHOULD BUY A NEW AVATAR. GIVE THE FORUMS ALL MY MONEY.

imatree posted:

If I already have the client installed from rebirth, do I need to redownload this one?

It worked fine for me without the connection patch, you just need to change your realmlist to emeralddream.servegame.org

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

speed hump posted:

It worked fine for me without the connection patch, you just need to change your realmlist to emeralddream.servegame.org

Thanks, tried it and it does indeed work well. I read through all the rules and haven't seen anything being mentioned about dual boxing except that we weren't allowed in pvp. That's fine and all, but I was planning on leveling with my own pocket healer, since I have a limited amount of play time as of now. Does anyone know if it's allowed or not?

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
You are allowed to dualbox to level up. I think we have a guild member that 5boxes. They just don't want you doing any PVP with it. I've heard that means if you get ganked you can't fight back dual boxed.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
Yes, if someone attacks you, and frapses you multiboxing to defend yourself, you can get banned. It's absurd, but apparently true.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Drinniol posted:

I always jumped to stop spellcasting when you couldn't move around because you were max ranging your heals/cast. Or you could always bind space bar or some Ctrl+space to move forward to stop casting.

I take it the stopspellcasting() command wasn't in 1.12? Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this?

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer
Eh, screw dual boxing then. In as Roadkill, dwarf rogue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thefunkyskunk
Dec 28, 2009
Memories of pain flooding back to me, in as Jefflebowski the human rogue.

• Locked thread