Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
My only issue with those posters is that Indy wasn't alone for any of those scenes. He was with Marion in the pit, with Willie and Short Round on the bridge, and with a bunch of folks each time he was in the Canyon of the Crescent Moon.

If anything, I would have picked the map room from Raiders and the leap from the lion's head from Crusade; not sure about Temple.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Aatrek posted:

My only issue with those posters is that Indy wasn't alone for any of those scenes. He was with Marion in the pit, with Willie and Short Round on the bridge, and with a bunch of folks each time he was in the Canyon of the Crescent Moon.

If anything, I would have picked the map room from Raiders and the leap from the lion's head from Crusade; not sure about Temple.

Initially Indy was alone in the pit. It wasn't until shortly afterwards that they were discovered and Marion was dumped in with him, while Willie and Short Round were held captive at edge of the bridge by Mola Ram's men.

But yeah, in the Canyon he was on horseback with his father, Marcus and Sallah. It'd have been cool to have them in the poster (a tiny Sallah with his fez) but that's pretty minor after all.

Crackbone
May 23, 2003

Vlaada is my co-pilot.

The nice thing about those is while they're nostalgia bait, they're also somewhat evocative to an uninformed viewer. Of course, the problem is 2 of the 3 don't really evoke the right feeling.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

What the hell, I'll just eat some trash.

Why does he have lady legs?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crackbone posted:

The nice thing about those is while they're nostalgia bait, they're also somewhat evocative to an uninformed viewer. Of course, the problem is 2 of the 3 don't really evoke the right feeling.

It is kind of strange that for a movie called TEMPLE OF DOOM it has a poster of lush blue skies.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

Lobok posted:

It is kind of strange that for a movie called TEMPLE OF DOOM it has a poster of lush blue skies.

If they went the slave mine route may have ended up looking too similar to the Raiders one, I think.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Parachute posted:

If they went the slave mine route may have ended up looking too similar to the Raiders one, I think.

I think the colour palettes of all three could be switched to better reflect the movies. Raiders' goes to Temple, Temple's goes to Crusade, and Crusade's goes to Raiders.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Lobok posted:

I think the colour palettes of all three could be switched to better reflect the movies. Raiders' goes to Temple, Temple's goes to Crusade, and Crusade's goes to Raiders.

This doesn't solve the ladylegs problem though.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

penismightier posted:

This doesn't solve the ladylegs problem though.

In the first two it looks like he's sporting these babies:

Maybe in the posters' alternate timeline that sword-wielding guy in Cairo hacks off Indy's lower half.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
I really like the Temple of Doom poster. The other two are just really bland and could be from any of half a dozen movies.

Also, ToD needs some crocs in that water. :colbert:

The Anime Liker fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 12, 2013

Bobby The Rookie
Jun 2, 2005

Temple of Doom poster could use the titular doom temple.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Indiana Jones and the Bridge of Solitude.

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~
No Crystal Skull poster?

Slate Action
Feb 13, 2012

by exmarx

Sheldrake posted:

No Crystal Skull poster?

If there was a Crystal Skull poster in that same style, it wouldn't make sense to repeat the theme of Indy being alone in the center, since much of the movie is more about 'The Jones Family' than just Indy by himself (continuing a trend started in Crusade with the introduction of his father?)

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Slate Action posted:

If there was a Crystal Skull poster in that same style, it wouldn't make sense to repeat the theme of Indy being alone in the center, since much of the movie is more about 'The Jones Family' than just Indy by himself (continuing a trend started in Crusade with the introduction of his father?)

None of them are about Indy in isolation. The whole premise of Raiders is Indy learning to accept and embrace how much he cares about Marion.

Supercar Gautier
Jun 10, 2006

Crystal Skull in the same motif would either have to be tiny Indy standing alone in front of a UFO taking off, or emerging from a fridge in front of a mushroom cloud. So yeah.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

Supercar Gautier posted:

Crystal Skull in the same motif would either have to be tiny Indy standing alone in front of a UFO taking off, or emerging from a fridge in front of a mushroom cloud. So yeah.

Considering that shot of him in front of the mushroom cloud was amazing, I'd be happy about that. That movie sucked (and the fridge thing was dumb) but that was cool.

I'll defend it forever.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

User-Friendly posted:

Considering that shot of him in front of the mushroom cloud was amazing, I'd be happy about that. That movie sucked (and the fridge thing was dumb) but that was cool.

I'll defend it forever.

I like that shot.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!
If Crystal Skull was just that screen grab for 2 hours it would have been a massive improvement.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
I would've liked some closeup shots of Mutt being incinerated by the nuke, intercut with the other screengrab.

Bloody Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Feb 13, 2013

Sheldrake
Jul 19, 2006

~pettin in the park~

Ez posted:

If Crystal Skull was just that screen grab for 2 hours it would have been a massive improvement.

And if Last Crusade was the Star Wars Holiday Special, it would have been a massive improvement.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

User-Friendly posted:

I'll defend it forever.

The shot of Indy watching the UFO take off was great too. That movie had some really pretty moments.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

It's really impressive how Spielberg told his actors to stare at a tennis ball hanging by a string and imagine it was something else.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

Dissapointed Owl posted:

I like that shot.

That was indeed amazing and hinted at how great that piece of poo poo could've been.

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

I was browsing Amazon's instant video the other night and saw this. I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided there's really no possible image that is more appropriate to represent this film:

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I think my mass effect is broken
Apparently this is real.

Yes, it's a remake of that Left Behind.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently this is real.

The composition of this is mindblowing. The random streak on the left indicating motion, from the lazily hacked together Cage, including poorly photoshopped tie, making him look like he's from the 1800s at first glance, to the feet melting into the sand, back to what appears to be the plane still in motion grinding against the ground, to the generic city skyline in the background... it's an almost meta piece of commentary on the modern state of film posters.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently this is real.

Besides the bad compostiion, it looks like he walking on water in this picture!

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Vagabundo posted:

Apparently this is real.

My god, I wish people would just let that loving series die.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Lance Streetman posted:

My god, I wish people would just let that loving series die.

They cast Ashley Tisdale and Chad Michael Murray in it. They're trying.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Rirse posted:

Besides the bad compostiion, it looks like he walking on water in this picture!

I thought he was walking on water until you said this.

penismightier
Dec 6, 2005

Jefferoo posted:

The composition of this is mindblowing. The random streak on the left indicating motion, from the lazily hacked together Cage, including poorly photoshopped tie, making him look like he's from the 1800s at first glance, to the feet melting into the sand, back to what appears to be the plane still in motion grinding against the ground, to the generic city skyline in the background... it's an almost meta piece of commentary on the modern state of film posters.

It is a terrible poster, but I think the plane is supposed to be in the act of crashing and the streak on the left is smoke from the engine.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

uPen posted:

I thought he was walking on water until you said this.

I thought his feet had come off and he was standing on stumps at first glance.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Mister Chief posted:

It's really impressive how Spielberg told his actors to stare at a tennis ball hanging by a string and imagine it was something else.
I remember the Jurassic Park Making of Doc where they had the actors look at a cut out T-Rex head on a big pole for the big climatic scene in the end.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
Parts of that skyline look like Vancouver, so it would have to be water in that poster, not sand.

Bugblatter
Aug 4, 2003

I hope the movie is faithful to all the batshit details of the book, like Israel being a wealthy superpower with 0% unemployment due to their agricultural exports. Please put the stupidity of the authors on full display.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

I'm guessing it will be rather actiony. Look at Vic Armstrong's credits on IMDb. Guy's been the action and/or stunt coordinator on pretty much everything. He even got this in his credits:

Legend (unicorn master) - 1985

tliil
Jan 13, 2013

Bugblatter posted:

I hope the movie is faithful to all the batshit details of the book, like Israel being a wealthy superpower with 0% unemployment due to their agricultural exports. Please put the stupidity of the authors on full display.
If I recall correctly (I read these books when I was a teen and starved for anything vaguely post-apocalyptic and the school library didn't have The Stand), later in the books they make some horrible "evil minion" character into the new Pope. If that somehow made it into the movies it would be hilarious. Equal parts controversy and fueling the wacky ideas of conspiracy nuts.

Rahonavis posted:

I was browsing Amazon's instant video the other night and saw this. I've given it a lot of thought, and I've decided there's really no possible image that is more appropriate to represent this film:

I picture a meeting where people kept going "What? CHICKEN BUTT!" until the idea for this poster was hatched.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

penismightier posted:

It is a terrible poster, but I think the plane is supposed to be in the act of crashing and the streak on the left is smoke from the engine.

The problem I have is that it looks like Cage is walking away from the wreckage, like a survivor or something. Considering he's all on his lonesome in the middle of the desert with the plane, it just boggles the mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Cage looks weird on that poster. His upper body seems like he's standing resolutely in place, while his legs appear to be moving. I dunno, maybe he's shuffling in the desert?