Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Been about seven for good ol' Star Fox since the last new one. Save us Kamiya :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Raffles posted:

The only two things I'd want from 3DS for the rest of the year would be a new Zelda (maybe at E3?) and a 3D re-release of Kirby's Epic Yarn (if they can do it for DK they can do it for Kirby).

Otherwise this looks to be a pretty good first party haul for 2013.

There are already two Zelda games in development, I doubt they're gonna announce another one anytime soon.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

So I'm confused by the NA/Euro crosschat, were there any new 3DS bundles/colors announced for NA? Gotta get an XL before June 9th :allears:

Artix
Apr 26, 2010

He's finally back,
to kick some tail!
And this time,
he's goin' to jail!
Nope. Only the Fire Emblem XL bundle for EU.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

A new Mario & Luigi and a new Mario Golf? Very nice.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Ugh I just bought a XL two days ago and already registered it. I wanted free Art Academy. :argh:

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Artix74 posted:

Nope. Only the Fire Emblem XL bundle for EU.
Europe also gets Black, which it didn't have up until now.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Direct/Latest-Nintendo-Direct/Nintendo-Direct-698557.html

Oh my god this Animal Crossing direct is the best. I need this in my life right now :swoon:

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
NA might not be getting any new XL colors, but they did mention if you buy and register an XL Between March 21 and April 30th and also purchase Luigi's Mansion or Pokemans Mystery Dungeon you get a free game. (Super Mario 3D land, Freaky Forms Delux, Art Academy, StarFox 64 3D or Professor Layton Miracle Mask )

So if you don't have an XL yet and are interested in either of those two games i'd hold off until then.

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

katkillad2 posted:

NA might not be getting any new XL colors, but they did mention if you buy and register an XL Between March 21 and April 30th and also purchase Luigi's Mansion or Pokemans Mystery Dungeon you get a free game. (Super Mario 3D land, Freaky Forms Delux, Art Academy, StarFox 64 3D or Professor Layton Miracle Mask )

So if you don't have an XL yet and are interested in either of those two games i'd hold off until then.

Oh, excellent. That's about when I was planning on getting one.

Vegastar
Jan 2, 2005

Tigers will do anything for a tuna sandwich.

katkillad2 posted:

Or just don't use the registration codes until then.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Vegastar posted:

Or just don't use the registration codes until then.

It says on the Club Nintendo site that you can register them as of today and still have it count.

Looks like I'm out of luck for registering two days ago. :(

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

deadwing posted:

It says on the Club Nintendo site that you can register them as of today and still have it count.

Looks like I'm out of luck for registering two days ago. :(

Yeah, really...

Laser Spider
Jan 28, 2009

alg posted:

Around what time in the video does Pokemon Mystery Dungeon show up?

It's going to be part of the deal where you buy a 3DS XL and either Luigi's Mansion or PMD to get an extra free game. Otherwise, they made no mention of it.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

So the Donkey Kong Country demo is out? I'm not finding it on the eShop.

BlueDestiny
Jun 18, 2011

Mega deal with it

Oh my god you can check out people's AC houses without needing a friend code :swoon:

Also, how can I tell if my 3DSXL is registered? I'd like to take advantage of that march promotion.

Zeeman
May 8, 2007

Say WHAT?! You KNOW that post is wack, homie!

Detective No. 27 posted:

So the Donkey Kong Country demo is out? I'm not finding it on the eShop.

I think it's just a video coming out today

yellowcar
Feb 14, 2010

BlueDestiny posted:

Also, how can I tell if my 3DSXL is registered? I'd like to take advantage of that march promotion.

You sign up for the Nintendo Club and punch in your 3DS's serial number and that reg code that comes in a slip of paper.

Sultan Tarquin
Jul 29, 2007

and what kind of world would it be? HUH?!
Is that promotion only for NA?

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010
With the announcement of a Europe release for Etrian Odyssey and Code of Princess I am going to hold off buying a US 3DS. I am taking this as a sign that Nintendo are actually trying to fix game releases in Europe, even if they have to publish them themselves. I have hopes that given time we won't be missing out on much.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Sultan Tarquin posted:

Yes. We had a similar one on January.

I'm watching the Japanese Direct now. Say whatever you want about Nintendo, but the fact I'm seeing the most important people in the company talking to people like me while wearing silly hats and trying to be human is something I'll never see in the likes of Microsoft or Sony.

There's also a game we won't be seeing here, but I found it rather interesting. From the makers of VLR and 999, a Detective Conan game that works as a visual novel you can see from the view point of any character.

Siliconera has more details.

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

Sultan Tarquin posted:

We had that promotion in the EU already in January, except we didn't need to buy a game with the 3DSXL. Seriously, lovely move by NoA.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I just would like to reiterate a "gently caress you Nintendo for making the 3DS region locked" because I enjoy the Inazuma Eleven games and I won't be able to play 3 on my 3DS because I'm in the US. gently caress you Nintendo.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Why haven't those games come stateside? Because its soccer or what?

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Aww, man. That Fire Emblem XL looks swank as hell. I totally would have gotten that bundle if they'd released it stateside! As it is, I just kept my shiny blue regular ol' 3DS. Maybe I should try painting something Fire Emblem-y on it...

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

PonchAxis posted:

Yeah, the US doesn't really care about soccer, so no one has bothered to localize it for the US. I personally think it would probably sell well enough to justify a US release, but I'm not...whoever would be in charge of localizing it.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

PonchAxis posted:

Well, the fact you can't even call it by its actual name is telling, but yeah, Football is strangely not popular in the US, whereas the rest of the world can't shut up about it.

And Europe just loves Football simulators. Ask Sega. Heck, they kept releasing portable versions of Football Manager on the PSP from 2007 to 2012, just because the PSP was somewhat popular here.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Saoshyant posted:

Well, the fact you can't even call it by its actual name is telling, but yeah, Football is strangely not popular in the US, whereas the rest of the world can't shut up about it.

And Europe just loves Football simulators. Ask Sega. Heck, they kept releasing portable versions of Football Manager on the PSP from 2007 to 2012, just because the PSP was somewhat popular here.

It is also called Soccer in Japanese. So obviously that is the correct term!

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Saoshyant posted:

I mean I'm from Mexico so I know its actually Football, but was just asking a general question. And that is lame, those games look neat and I always wanted to try them out.

Volfogg
Dec 19, 2010

Some say she was raised by sentient birds, and that test subjects replicating her equipment were horribly broken.

All we know is she's called
The Hunter

PonchAxis posted:

I mean I'm from Mexico so I know its actually Football, but was just asking a general question. And that is lame, those games look neat and I always wanted to try them out.

You can still import EU Inazuma Eleven 1 & 2 since those are just DS Games, but for EU IE 3 and the Go games (sequel series, 10 years after IE 3's ending, currently Japan Only), we're out of luck.

Brian Fellows
May 29, 2003
I'm Brian Fellows
Soccer games are strange in the US. USED soccer games are marked up higher than other used sports games, but no one buys them new. My friend always used to trade in all of his games at Gamestop for store credit, but he'd take the soccer games to the flea market because he got $10 dollars there instead of tiny amounts of store credit.

I guess there's a market for them but absolutely no one is willing to pay full price.

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Saoshyant posted:

Soccer had its chance during the World Cup and ruined it with awful officiating. We Americans love instant replay.

jtm33
Mar 23, 2010

Saoshyant posted:

I live in Australia and call it soccer. It is not about some weird elitist "It's soccer not football!" attitude like I see commonly see paraded around. In fact it is an abbreviation of Association Football. Also we have several types of "football" here commonly played so it makes sense to differentiate the name.

To be honest I have not really gotten into a soccer videogame before, I have found the Fifa series to be a bit too much on the simulation side for me to really get into it. I have always wanted to try a game that added more gamey features into. What is this Inazuma series all about?

IAmKale
Jun 7, 2007

やらないか

Fun Shoe
I dunno why but I'm pretty excited that Harvest Moon GBC and Legend of the River King are coming out on Virtual Console. I'm also glad to see that HarmoKnight received a localization, and it's finally nice to have some news on 3DS' version of Lego City Undercover (even if there's the potential for it sucking big time like past 3DS versions of Lego games).

And Animal Crossing: New Leaf looks amazing! Thank god they decided to de-emphasize Nook's aggressive real estate practices and just let you enjoy being mayor of the town. :wotwot:

Did someone mention that the Circle Pad Pro was coming out for the XL? I hope that's the case because I feel as though a game like Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate would be hard to control without a second analogue stick.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

Hell, "soccer" or "football" isn't even that important when it comes to that. The relevant bit is that it's not enough popular in NA for Nintendo to release Inazuma Eleven there. The Football Manager PSP is a good example on what I was trying to convey; Sega didn't even bother to bring those games back to Japan, they were from the ground up developed for Europe alone.

There was some talk that even the Inazuma Eleven anime series was getting localized in some countries around here because it would be most likely as popular as Captain Tsubasa was back in the day. I'm not sure if that went anywhere, though.

jtm33 posted:

What is this Inazuma series all about?

It's a tactical RPG series completely focused on the sport. A good one, in fact.

It is rather anime, though.

Saoshyant fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Feb 14, 2013

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

alg posted:

Soccer had its chance during the World Cup and ruined it with awful officiating. We Americans love instant replay.

Somehow I don't think this has much bearing on Inazuma Eleven

alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Bland posted:

Somehow I don't think this has much bearing on Inazuma Eleven

Yeah. He said it was strangely not popular.

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

Karthe posted:

And Animal Crossing: New Leaf looks amazing! Thank god they decided to de-emphasize Nook's aggressive real estate practices and just let you enjoy being mayor of the town. :wotwot:

We had a lot of naysayers in here a while ago about the game, but I've been watching this guy's playthrough of the Japanese version of Animal Crossing, and uh, yeah, guys, it looks like a game worth picking up if you are into that kind of stuff. I was gonna pipe up then, but I decided "Who cares about them." :v:

Dear God, there is going to be a huge goon community for this game filling each other's towns with dong posters.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

jtm33 posted:

What is this Inazuma series all about?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOYZwTQzAY0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

jtm33 posted:

I live in Australia and call it soccer. It is not about some weird elitist "It's soccer not football!" attitude like I see commonly see paraded around. In fact it is an abbreviation of Association Football. Also we have several types of "football" here commonly played so it makes sense to differentiate the name.

To be honest I have not really gotten into a soccer videogame before, I have found the Fifa series to be a bit too much on the simulation side for me to really get into it. I have always wanted to try a game that added more gamey features into. What is this Inazuma series all about?

Inazuma Eleven is, as the current LP thread calls it, "Bullshit magical soccer." Its an anime-ish game(which an anime and manga were created from) about a Jr High School soccer/football club. It is, as Saoshyant says, also an RPG. It is a really fun series, and I've loved playing the first 2.

• Locked thread