Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Not a good total but hey we're only playing England so should be more than enough.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

England to win inside 6 overs.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
England will fail. Its a universal constant. Nz is unbeatable.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

-Spiffy- posted:

Jade Dernback looks like England's answer to Mitchell Johnson.
Steady on.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Newbies are welcome but must identify allegiance.

India is not a valid answer.

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:

Mister Chief posted:

Drop by Ross Taylor.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

-Spiffy- posted:

Newbies are welcome but must identify allegiance.

India is not a valid answer.
Associates 4 lyfe.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hahahah mcullum

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Elliott you dumbass, if the keeper is going for it, get the gently caress out of the way.

edit: alternatively, McCullum you dumbass - the guy moving forward into the catch has right of way, gtfo.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Butler seems.... bad.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I loving told you Butler was poo poo!

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Mister Chief posted:

I loving told you Butler was poo poo!

One good game and one poo poo game out of two would rank him higher than most of our players on a random two consecutive game selection.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Haha nz bowling is bad. Its a bad team.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

-Spiffy- posted:

England will fail. Its a universal constant. Nz is unbeatable.

-Spiffy- posted:

Haha nz bowling is bad. Its a bad team.

One of these quotes is true.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

One of these quotes is true.

Its been a while since I've actually watched them.

As I'm posting, worst play in cricket history I think.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

One good game and one poo poo game out of two would rank him higher than most of our players on a random two consecutive game selection.

He doesn't do anything with the ball.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Ratios and Tendency posted:

He doesn't do anything with the ball.

But haven't you heard? He's good at domestic level.

nzspambot
Mar 26, 2010

epic ownage

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
How many teams are even in the domestic level.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Scrappy performance from the lads, to restrict England to just 4 more runs than us after our struggles with the bat was immense.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
It was touch and go there for a bit.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

-Spiffy- posted:

How many teams are even in the domestic level.

It's 17 blokes and a cat.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I predicted the Pom openers would squash that total in 15 overs. Glad to see I was proved wrong.

Giant Goober
Nov 6, 2009
Was very tempted to wander down to the cake tin after work. Glad I just went home for some cheap beers and a free online stream. That was a poo poo effort.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

TobyObi posted:

Nic Maddinson eats toasted sandwich on field mid game.

WHY IS THIS MAN NOT AUSTRALIAN CAPTAIN.

Terrible source.

This is one of the best videos ever, the way he puts it back in his pocket, he's my hero

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

I'm watching the women at the moment and the bowling isn't up to first XI level.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

onedaycricket.gif

Largepotato
Jan 18, 2007

Spurd.
Future Australian opening batsman.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
England T20 Report Template

I like it

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

quote:

A notable performance from Jade Dernbach saw him produce his full repertoire of variations/idiocy in taking a hatful of wickets/going wicketless while getting carted around the park/ getting carted around the park.

Hahaha.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
Very good.

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Why are the selectors so keen on Jade "Economy" Dernbach again?

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

jazzyhattrick posted:

Why are the selectors so keen on Jade "Economy" Dernbach again?

I'm guessing as a wicket taking threat. The other 4 bowlers can keep it tight thus leaving him to take the wickets.

As with all plans, when it works it's amazing but when it doesn't..... Doubly so for T20.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

New Zealand? More like poo poo Atcricketland.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
I don't have a strong view on Dernbach, but I've not quite understood the whole wicket taking threat thing. He has taken 30 wickets in 22 ODIs and 26 wickets in 21 T20s, so his average wickets per game in both forms is just above 1. His economy rate in ODIs and T20s presently stands at 6.28 and 7.94 respectively. So he's obviously not taking wickets, but he certainly is being hit for a lot of runs. Also, he doesn't really have age on his side and he has no exceptional qualities (like pace, which justified the selections of people like Akhtar or Lee).

I mean, shouldn't that be the end of it?

JingleBells
Jan 7, 2007

Oh what fun it is to see the Harriers win away!

Chris Gayle is having fun in the Bangladesh Premier league:

Cricinfo posted:

15 mins back, Chris Gayle was on 27 (29). Since then: 4, 1, 4, 6, 1, 6, 6, 2, 6, 6, 4, 1, 6, 6, 6, 6. Now on 100 (46 balls)

He's just hit another 2 sixes and is on 114 off 50 balls, 12 sixes & 5 fours

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

I've heard Dernbach described by more than one Sky commentator as England's Malinga. I don't even know where to start on that one.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
This is a great test match. Not sure why I'm the only person watching it. Ajmal just won a fantastic battle with Amla.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian

Wandle Cax posted:

Uh no because they're still trying to win the game.

And what's the difference between trying to win a game and win a tournament? Surely the tournament is more important and thus doing what they did is actually far more understandable.

Throwing away your wicket to help your team win a match

Throwing away a match to help your team win a competition

What's the difference?

MacDougall fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Feb 15, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Are you seriously trying to say that deliberately losing a game is not match fixing? It cheats the paying spectators (without who there wouldn't be any tournament or prize money in the first place I assume) out of a competitive game for a start. If there's nothing wrong with it then they should feel free to come out and admit it. I wonder how long their bans would be.

As for "understandalbe", Mohammed Amir probably used his fixing money to send to his dirt poor family. That's a more understandable reason for cheating than to win a pointless tournament. Still doesn't make it right.

• Locked thread