Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Have we reached over saturation on MOBAs yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN

Harlock posted:

Have we reached over saturation on MOBAs yet?

Given several big MMOs are still in development I'm not sure that really matters to publishers.

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ReV VAdAUL posted:

Given several big MMOs are still in development I'm not sure that really matters to publishers.

Wasn't Demigod a wretched failure, though? But then again I guess so has every cash-in MMO since WoW been.

Scorchy
Jul 15, 2006

Smug Statement: Elementary, my dear meatbag.

Al! posted:

Wasn't Demigod a wretched failure, though? But then again I guess so has every cash-in MMO since WoW been.

Yes. Funny, Demigod was the only GPG game I've actually sorta liked. From what I remember at its launch, the severe number of pirated copies trying to logon to the game servers overwhelmed it and made it unplayable for everyone, including paying customers.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

Scorchy posted:

Yes. Funny, Demigod was the only GPG game I've actually sorta liked. From what I remember at its launch, the severe number of pirated copies trying to logon to the game servers overwhelmed it and made it unplayable for everyone, including paying customers.

That's marketing speech for we had awful servers which destroyed the game from ever succeeding from the start.

ambushsabre
Sep 1, 2009

It's...it's not shutting down!

NoneSuch posted:

That's marketing speech for we had awful servers which destroyed the game from ever succeeding from the start.

I think it was more that they were allowing pirated copies to play online, and that like quadrupled the traffic since the game was actually pretty good.

Icept
Jul 11, 2001
It's also a pretty good way of demonstrating how you failed to read the changes in the market, namely pricing, if that many people are interested in playing the game and it's still considered an abject failure.

Diabeesting
Apr 29, 2006

turn right to escape
My internet is wigging out something fierce and SA seems to be the only thing loading for me, but all of a sudden I Need to know; Has anything happened with Planetary Annihilation lately? Supcom:FAF has me craving nuclear holocaust and giant naval battles like there's no tomorrow.

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
I didn't play Demigod because I really had no idea what it was I may have heard of DOTA at the time but I certainly didn't know what it was, I don't imagine I was alone in that. As I understand it Demigod innovated on the DOTA formula pretty heavily which may have put it too ahead of its' time given that only the last couple of years have MOBAs really become mainstream. Valve are only now releasing what, as I understand it, is little more than a graphical update to the original and still getting a lot of positive attention.

Now people are more familiar with MOBAs Demigod's innovations may well be attractive to a developer hoping to make a splash in an already crowded genre.

Munnin The Crab posted:

My internet is wigging out something fierce and SA seems to be the only thing loading for me, but all of a sudden I Need to know; Has anything happened with Planetary Annihilation lately? Supcom:FAF has me craving nuclear holocaust and giant naval battles like there's no tomorrow.
The last update was on Jan 23rd and featured some screenshots of the new desert environment and some scale images of units:

fake edit: just found they have a tumblr as their official news stream, hopefully you'll be able to access that:
http://planetaryannihilation.tumblr.com/

ReV VAdAUL fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 14, 2013

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.
A lot of those mech units look like they have the same silhouette, is that something they've said they plan to change later? In fact in general a lot of that stuff looks kind of samey, I hope those models and textures are far from final.

SupSuper
Apr 8, 2009

At the Heart of the city is an Alien horror, so vile and so powerful that not even death can claim it.

Cicero posted:

A lot of those mech units look like they have the same silhouette, is that something they've said they plan to change later? In fact in general a lot of that stuff looks kind of samey, I hope those models and textures are far from final.
They're just concepts and unit scale render tests, nothing near final.

Mojo Jojo
Sep 21, 2005

miguelito posted:

Two entries from the "neat project, shame they probably won't make it" category. I mean if you like those and want to spread the word, go ahead, they certainly look cool. But eh.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/229423802/death-inc?ref=category
Death Inc.: 21 days to go, $~390k needed. It goes without saying that the art is gorgeous, and the devs seem to have some pedigree at least. The goal was probably exorbitant for what they wanted, they should just start something smaller.

And seconding that lighting criticism in Delver, really awful. Single-handedly ruined the cool visuals for me.

I amazed that more people do have a syndicate shaped hole in their lives. I really thought that this was going to be a shoe in

Cicero
Dec 17, 2003

Jumpjet, melta, jumpjet. Repeat for ten minutes or until victory is assured.

SupSuper posted:

They're just concepts and unit scale render tests, nothing near final.
Good to hear. I didn't support this kickstarter because I've never played TA (except for like half an hour messing around with TA:Spring a long time ago), but if it turns out decent I'll probably buy it to mess with the mod tools and turn it into an ESPORT RAAAAAA :rock: :black101:

echoMateria
Aug 29, 2012

Fruitbat Factory
A couple of days ago we added our second game 99 Spirits to Steam Greenlight and started an IndieGoGo campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_V2EBC1tA

This localization is still a work in progress as you can notice from the Japanese in the video.

99 Spirits is our second game on the Greenlight, the first one (War of the Human Tanks) isn't doing so well there so far, and the first Kickstarter/IndieGoGo campaign we made. IndieGoGo page has all kinds of information about it, Greenlight page has some additional screenshots and another movie, homepage for 99 Spirits has some other content to explore and our blog has detailed articles about everything related to Fruitbat Factory, our company.

I wanted to drop a mention of this IndieGoGo in the case that there are people here interested in Japanese RPGs. If you have any questions about it, I'd be happy to answer.

Megazver
Jan 13, 2006
Why would you pick flexible?

sulley
Aug 15, 2004

Not just an urge - more than that. It was my destiny to be here; in the box.

Megazver posted:

Straight cash homey.

Fwoderwick
Jul 14, 2004

Mojo Jojo posted:

I amazed that more people do have a syndicate shaped hole in their lives. I really thought that this was going to be a shoe in

I wonder if the fact the Death Inc kickstarter is in the Glorious Gentleman's Currency for Gentlemen is having an impact?

Being a proud owner of literally several GGfC's there is something psychologically pleasing about buying things in Dollars and thinking "Goodness! 20 Dollars? What's that... £13? Why that's barely 3 pints of mild and a packet of pork scratchings!". So perhaps the reverse is true also?

Likewise, there could be a degree of positive reinforcement in a sum in Dollars rising faster than in Sterling.

They've won me over anyway.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Mojo Jojo posted:

Wait what does this have to do with Syndicate? :confused: The concept and, glancing at a gameplay video, gameplay dont' seem to have anythign to do with the classic Syndicate game?

Tommy 2.0
Apr 26, 2008

My fabulous CoX shall live forever!
So is this a new Project Awakened video not seen in this thread?

Cuchulain posted:

Project Awakening has 19 days left to raise almost $400,000. If you haven't given them any money yet, for the love of god look at the new video of gameplay they put up and then throw money at them. We need this loving game to get made.

I know I was pretty seriously bummed when I heard this game was scrapped because of Midway going under, so the fact there is hope of it actually getting pushed through really piques my interest. These are the guys that did Psi-Ops. Flipping PSI-OPS. That was a game seriously ahead of it's time in terms of gameplay. I remember Half-Life 2 coming out shortly after and me scoffing at it's futile attempts to out-physics Psi-Ops (at least in terms of fun, and yes HL2 freaking owned).

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat
I remember finding the campaign in Psi-Ops really annoying and wanting a more flexible training room than the one they had. A psi-ops with horde mode would be awesome.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Fwoderwick posted:

I wonder if the fact the Death Inc kickstarter is in the Glorious Gentleman's Currency for Gentlemen is having an impact?

Being a proud owner of literally several GGfC's there is something psychologically pleasing about buying things in Dollars and thinking "Goodness! 20 Dollars? What's that... £13? Why that's barely 3 pints of mild and a packet of pork scratchings!". So perhaps the reverse is true also?

Honestly in my case the whole non-$US currency situation is more me being lazy- I can't just use Amazon Payments for pounds and actually have to dig my credit card out :effort:

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Tommy 2.0 posted:

So is this a new Project Awakened video not seen in this thread?

I know I was pretty seriously bummed when I heard this game was scrapped because of Midway going under, so the fact there is hope of it actually getting pushed through really piques my interest. These are the guys that did Psi-Ops. Flipping PSI-OPS. That was a game seriously ahead of it's time in terms of gameplay. I remember Half-Life 2 coming out shortly after and me scoffing at it's futile attempts to out-physics Psi-Ops (at least in terms of fun, and yes HL2 freaking owned).

I made a post about it a while back when it first showed up. Believe me, I want this kickstarter to succeed as much as you do. (If not more) But it just looks like not enough people are interested in the game. :sigh:

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

I remember finding the campaign in Psi-Ops really annoying and wanting a more flexible training room than the one they had. A psi-ops with horde mode would be awesome.

If their claims about the game's proposed modding capabilities are true, then that would be the kind of thing you could make for the game.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.

echoMateria posted:

A couple of days ago we added our second game 99 Spirits to Steam Greenlight and started an IndieGoGo campaign.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj_V2EBC1tA

This localization is still a work in progress as you can notice from the Japanese in the video.

99 Spirits is our second game on the Greenlight, the first one (War of the Human Tanks) isn't doing so well there so far, and the first Kickstarter/IndieGoGo campaign we made. IndieGoGo page has all kinds of information about it, Greenlight page has some additional screenshots and another movie, homepage for 99 Spirits has some other content to explore and our blog has detailed articles about everything related to Fruitbat Factory, our company.

I wanted to drop a mention of this IndieGoGo in the case that there are people here interested in Japanese RPGs. If you have any questions about it, I'd be happy to answer.

I'm curious, what made you think flexible funding was the better move? From everything I've seen and heard, flexible campaigns are enormously less possible than fixed fundings. You may think fixed is a risk, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen a successful flexible campaign.

I was ready to chew you out for launching a crowdfunding campaign without any real gameplay footage, but I think I finally understand... there is a good deal of gameplay in that video, but it's completely impossible to tell what's going on in such a text-heavy, non-standard game. If it was a standard Square-Enix jRPG of some sort, it would be different, but that grid is so abstract that we have no idea what's happening. There's a field, with a character, and, some... colored floating shapes? What?

Now I get why you always reply to requests for more gameplay footage by saying the localization is still a work in progress. That's understandable; it's hard for you guys to show off the game when it's so text-based and it's all in Japanese. But gamers need to know what the game is. That is more important than any other element of the video. The less you know about how a game plays, the harder it is to be interested in it, much less excited.

I know the translation is a work in progress, and that kind of work isn't trivial in the least. But there doesn't appear to be any translated text in any of the images or video from the game. Would it be possible for you to just translate a few screens for the video? Even if it was just a mock-up. I don't think it would be a problem if you had to use WIP translations, either; I'm sure your audience would forgive you if things changed between the indiegogo video and the final release.

Though I guess if it's just a contract issue where the Japanese rights holders won't let you show any images of the game without final, complete translations, I guess you're just hosed and this probably isn't a good time to hold a crowdfunding campaign.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug
I agree with what Xboxpants said - I have no loving clue what's happening in the game. There's no solid gameplay footage there, and given that the whole drat thing's in japanese anyway, you should probably just record some solid gameplay footage so I know what I'm backing. Also: there's no way in hell I'm funding a flexible funding campaign, sorry :(

The problem with flexible funding is that the entire point of KS/IG is that things takes a certain amount of money to do well, and flexible funding throws that all out the window and says 'eh, this is basically a preorder because we could end up with 1/5th of our funding goal and that means we either are planning to do it regardless or don't know hwo to plan.' That being said, I love weird rear end japanese games so if you do end up with a gameplay video so I can tell what's happening, I might back it.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Falcon2001 posted:

That being said, I love weird rear end japanese games so if you do end up with a gameplay video so I can tell what's happening, I might back it.

I should also say that I'm interested in this game, too; that's the only reason I wrote such a long post. It looks like it might be the kind of game I'd actually be into if I could figure out what was actually going on! I truly hope you guys can get up a video that shows off what the game has to offer and can see some success, since we don't get a lot of indie PC games from Japan brought over to the west.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~

Dawnfire posted:

I made a post about it a while back when it first showed up. Believe me, I want this kickstarter to succeed as much as you do. (If not more) But it just looks like not enough people are interested in the game. :sigh:

Eh, they can still make it. 19 days is alot of time. Spread the word, get on facebook and get your friends to pitch in and get them to get their friends to pitch in.

As they say, nothing worth doing is easy.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

The Traffic Safety Squirrel

BenRGamer posted:

Eh, they can still make it. 19 days is alot of time. Spread the word, get on facebook and get your friends to pitch in and get them to get their friends to pitch in.

As they say, nothing worth doing is easy.

Speaking of Project Awakened, they just released another update which I think is really cool. It details the power creation system which includes letting you choose the power type, the socket point it comes from (eyes, hands, mouth, chest, crotch etc), the animation you do while using it, and all the visual effects of the power itself. It's like taking City of Heroes' power animation and colour selection and multiplying it by 10.

They're also doing an Ask Me Anything on Reddit but they're already answering backer questions in the comments, but hopefully it'll help with exposure.

Edit: Oh and here's a video of a power they made using that power creator thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrK25p64ndM

echoMateria
Aug 29, 2012

Fruitbat Factory

Megazver posted:

XboxPants posted:

I'm curious, what made you think flexible funding was the better move? From everything I've seen and heard, flexible campaigns are enormously less possible than fixed fundings. You may think fixed is a risk, but I'm not sure that I've ever seen a successful flexible campaign.

:a lot more words:

Falcon2001 posted:

I agree with what Xboxpants said - I have no loving clue what's happening in the game. There's no solid gameplay footage there, and given that the whole drat thing's in japanese anyway, you should probably just record some solid gameplay footage so I know what I'm backing. Also: there's no way in hell I'm funding a flexible funding campaign, sorry :(

The problem with flexible funding is that the entire point of KS/IG is that things takes a certain amount of money to do well, and flexible funding throws that all out the window and says 'eh, this is basically a preorder because we could end up with 1/5th of our funding goal and that means we either are planning to do it regardless or don't know hwo to plan.' That being said, I love weird rear end japanese games so if you do end up with a gameplay video so I can tell what's happening, I might back it.
If you look at the IndieGoGo page for 99 Spirits it has a section that goes like this:

quote:

30% of all the proceeds of a successful campaign will go to the original Japanese developer of the game, TORaIKI.

The $3000 goal is not meant to cover our development expenses, it is a way to assist our development process, as we are a completely independent company with no external financial backing.

We pride ourselves on the quality of our work, but that end result necessitates time and manpower. As you know, time is money and the less money we have the less time we have to spend on what we really want to be doing – localizing great Japanese games for English-speaking audiences in the best quality possible. Everything made here will help support our company and make 99 Spirits the best it can be.

We are a localization company made of three individuals who have to work at other jobs to earn the funds that we spend on the company business. Any amount of money that we manage to raise from this IndieGoGo campaign will help relax the financial constraint and let us have more time to work on 99 Spirits and our other licenses that we are plan to release after. It will also help us to evaluate the demand for our games, so we can plan our release schedule accordingly.

Flexible Funding is the sensible solution for all campaigns except the ones that need impossible amounts of money for things that you have no other hope to pay for, like someone who needs millions of dollars to pay for a surgery. If you look at IndieGoGo, you'll find the majority of all game projects use flexible funding these days, because you can start working on a game with a part of the funds needed and finish it later with alternate revenues instead of gambling on Fixed Funding.

Regarding the complains about not seeing the gameplay:

The video on the IndieGogo page is made entirely of gameplay and the game isn't text heavier than any other other JRPG. If you read the section of the IndieGoGo page that reads:

quote:

You will see that it explains how the game plays in detail. Afterwards It has a link to an earlier post in our forum that explain the combat in further detail:

quote:

"For a more detailed explanation of the battle mechanics, please see our blog post explaining them."
All of these explanations have many screenshots to show you every detail of the game. That being said, we are working on more videos, but they take time due to the reasons I explained above.

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Dreamfall Chapters have passed 90% funded with 22 days yet to go, and just revealed their first stretch goals. 50K past the 850K finishing line gives Mac and Linux versions of the game, a cool 1 million gives a longer game overall.

Stretch goal update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/posts/406579

Feel free to spread the word.

vvvv I wouldn't put money on that goal being remakes. While the extra dosh might allow them to secure the IP from Funcom, who owns it atm, Ragner said to the "will you do a remake" question in a recent reddit AMA that, no they won't, and beyond the licencing issue, they want to tell new stories, rather retell old ones. Not impossible of course, but personally I'd rather see it used as the start of the next cycle (ie next new game) in the Dreamfall world. Or maybe a game/expansion about what happened to April between TLJ and the start of Dreamfall.

GhostBoy fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Feb 15, 2013

Tufty
May 21, 2006

GhostBoy posted:

Dreamfall Chapters have passed 90% funded with 22 days yet to go, and just revealed their first stretch goals. 50K past the 850K finishing line gives Mac and Linux versions of the game, a cool 1 million gives a longer game overall.

Stretch goal update:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redthread/dreamfall-chapters-the-longest-journey/posts/406579

That 2 million stretch goal, 'The Longest Journey Home'... remake of The Longest Journey in this new engine?

Dawnfire
Aug 25, 2011

Bork Bork!

Tufty posted:

Edit: Oh and here's a video of a power they made using that power creator thing: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrK25p64ndM

:stare:

Was his super power just making everyone dance? Now I just want to make a Daft Punk stand-in with laser light shows for powers and the ability to make everyone dance themselves to death, and that seems like a possibility with this game.

Tufty
May 21, 2006

Dawnfire posted:

:stare:

Was his super power just making everyone dance? Now I just want to make a Daft Punk stand-in with laser light shows for powers and the ability to make everyone dance themselves to death, and that seems like a possibility with this game.

Yeah pretty much. They did some motion capture of a dude dancing in lots of different ways, added the animations to the game and made a power that did an AoE effect that caused all the enemies in the area to play a dance animation. It's based on this weird Harlem Shake meme: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harlem_shake_(meme)

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

I think part of Project Awakened's problem is that it looks like a AAA game. For a Kickstarter project, that's probably bad. People use it because they want something different from the norm. They back projects that are unique in some way. In a way, having a AAA-quality game is a pretty big detriment. It makes people think "why can't they get a publisher with this?" Or "How is this really going to be different from any of the other AAA open world games?"

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

GhostBoy posted:

Stretch goal update:

These stretch goals blow. Surely I can't be alone in thinking that asking for 850k from windows users and then having your first stretch goal be a port sucks? I wouldn't care if Phone/Mac/Linux ports were at the tail end after they'd run out of ideas, or even if they had announced it as a multi-platform game but having them be the first added goal in front of actual improvements to the existing version of the game sucks.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

echoMateria posted:

Flexible Funding is the sensible solution for all campaigns except the ones that need impossible amounts of money for things that you have no other hope to pay for, like someone who needs millions of dollars to pay for a surgery.

:wtc: Ahahahaha you don't have even the tiniest idea of how crowdfunding sites work, do you?

Obsurveyor
Jan 10, 2003

TheCoon posted:

These stretch goals blow. Surely I can't be alone in thinking that asking for 850k from windows users and then having your first stretch goal be a port sucks? I wouldn't care if Phone/Mac/Linux ports were at the tail end after they'd run out of ideas, or even if they had announced it as a multi-platform game but having them be the first added goal in front of actual improvements to the existing version of the game sucks.

Mac and Linux ports garner them more new pledges from people who don't run Windows than game enhancements that are much more vague. Stretch goals aren't just about getting people who already contributed to increase their pledges. Also, ports are probably one of the easiest things to provide these days with all the cross platform engines. You're not entitled to more just because you donated first or something, stop whining.

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

Obsurveyor posted:

Mac and Linux ports garner them more new pledges from people who don't run Windows than game enhancements that are much more vague. Stretch goals aren't just about getting people who already contributed to increase their pledges. Also, ports are probably one of the easiest things to provide these days with all the cross platform engines. You're not entitled to more just because you donated first or something, stop whining.

I don't see how I'm whining, but whatever.

I'm well aware of the point of stretch goals, I was just questioning why they didn't announce it as a multi-platform game if porting is so easy? It'll suck if they end up being less than 50k away from an actual good stretch goal to the majority of their backers because porting the game to Mac/Linux or some future stretch goal they've mentioned about porting the game to worthless garbage like the Ouya/Steambox came before it.

e: This isn't some windows fanboy thing either, I cancelled my pledge to Republique for the same reasons when they announced a non-iOS version of that game.

TheCoon fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Feb 15, 2013

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

TheCoon posted:

I don't see how I'm whining, but whatever.

I'm well aware of the point of stretch goals, I was just questioning why they didn't announce it as a multi-platform game if porting is so easy? It'll suck if they end up being less than 50k away from an actual good stretch goal to the majority of their backers because porting the game to Mac/Linux or some future stretch goal they've mentioned about porting the game to worthless garbage like the Ouya/Steambox came before it.

e: This isn't some windows fanboy thing either, I cancelled my pledge to Republique for the same reasons when they announced a non-iOS version of that game.

It would suck even more if they announced it multi-platform, set the initial goal at 900.000 and ended up making no game at all, due to being just shy of 50K short. This way they get to make the game, and can use the added momentum from drawing in the Mac and Linux users via an early stretch goal, to push into the, by nature more nebelous, improvements of the game itself.

On first announce of something with this much history, you don't need the other platforms engaged at first (point in case 400K in the first 24 hours even despite being single-platform). Get the old fans to jump in and spread the word. Once things quiet down in the middle of the campaign (which is now), you do something like this to catch a second wind of pledges, and as the current backers get excited at seeing the total increase at a noticable pace, they may increase their own or start word-of-mouthing (it's a word!) more to get past the next hump. You want the momentum to push past the orginal goal and into stretch territory quickly, so people don't stop jockying the internet and their friends for more backers because they think "well, it's funded already, so let's just wait for it to be made".

TheCoon
Mar 3, 2009

GhostBoy posted:

It would suck even more if they announced it multi-platform, set the initial goal at 900.000 and ended up making no game at all, due to being just shy of 50K short. This way they get to make the game, and can use the added momentum from drawing in the Mac and Linux users via an early stretch goal, to push into the, by nature more nebelous, improvements of the game itself.

Yeah, ok. I didn't think of it that way at all, just from the position of them already having the project basically funded. I guess maybe what I would want is a way to select which stretch goals you're most interested in like the Xenonauts Kickstarter had.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

echoMateria posted:

Flexible Funding is the sensible solution for all campaigns except the ones that need impossible amounts of money for things that you have no other hope to pay for, like someone who needs millions of dollars to pay for a surgery. If you look at IndieGoGo, you'll find the majority of all game projects use flexible funding these days, because you can start working on a game with a part of the funds needed and finish it later with alternate revenues instead of gambling on Fixed Funding.

People hate flexible funding because there's even less of a guarantee that they'll see their donation being put to good use. Its an entirely rational and sensible apprehension and does cost drives money.