Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Vanessa frowns, nods, then glances at Hecate, giving a solid, meaningful nod, before heading off to the front door.
She couldn't very well be expected to run in this armor, eh?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Vanessa: You move to the exit. Everything's nice and quiet outside. You can see two guards standing at the front gate.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui takes the iron shackles, the logbook and one of the parchment-wrapped bottles and stuffs them into her pack, before carefully padding down the hallway, reaching the end and peeking down each branch of the fork.

Stealth: 1d20+14 19

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "You're right, by the clangin' bronzen balls of Moradin! B-b-but I don't know where Miss Flora is staying! Where are her quarters?"

Carbon went down those stairs a bit ago, and it's safe to assume he's about to come up those stairs to see to his own office, and I'd prefer to stay out-of-sight from him personally for a bit. Let's go elsewhere.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat it, drat it drat it... It looks like she won't be able to get his attention out of the "investments". Hecate glances back at Vanessa before still following Carbon. "What is wrong, Colonel? Is there something that i should pay attention for?" If anything, she can always feign ignorance if the poo poo hits the steam-powered fan.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Hecate: Vanessa heads off and Carbon keeps heading up the stairs with single-minded purpose. "Pumpkin, there are a lot of useless players in this town who think they can get ahead by just snatching the work of others." He adjusts the fist of his sleeves and the cufflinks glimmer a little. "There's also a lot of bastards who earn their graves. Maybe you're about to see the importance of playing for the right team."

P'ui, Stealth: You nimbly sneak about the floor, discovering nothing that would notice whether or not you're in Stealth. There's a lot to explore. The West Hall leads into the dusky remains of what looks like a futuristic in-door garden. Large cylinders made of tempered glass and a material that looks like too-shiny copper house the dried out remains of large plants of curious shapes and completely foreign design. Racks along the walls of the room are carefully separated and labeled with room to place samples of all known plants but lay bare. There is a large bulbous suit of armor that looks very strange and impossibly large to wear or even move, simply ridiculously heavy altogether. It is marked all over with curious Dwarven-script that reads out as a Magic-users scripts of protection. Barrels of a strange and useless slimy gel are stocked in the South part of the room for reasons unknown. It's like somebody was stocking up on grease or wax.

Set on a table is a slightly rusty metallic hand device. Behind the desk are some full bottles and wrapped scrolls set in the rack.

quote:

Wyvern Poison 1 Dose

Extracting poison from a living Wyvern is often fatal to both parties.

Type poison (injury); Save Fortitude DC 17

Frequency 1/round for 6 rounds

Effect 1d4 Con damage; Cure 2 consecutive saves

Ungol Dust 1 Dose

The veiny leaves of a rare growth found on the dangerous far coasts of Ostorn or Feserevine ground into a potent powder.

Type poison (inhaled); Save Fortitude DC 15

Frequency 1/round for 4 rounds

Initial Effect 1 Cha drain; Secondary Effect 1d2 Cha damage; Cure 1 save

Wrist-Mounted Gas Globe Device Hands Slot

A curious device that holds a dose of Inhalation based poison. When activated the extra bits clamp together as a sphere and a techno-magical bit stimulates the poison with a burst of air that it then sprays upon the victim. Fits snugly about the wrist.

Holds 1 Dose of an Inhaled Poison. As a Standard Action expose an adjacent Melee target to the poison instantly, using the Dose. No Attack Roll needed. Full Action to Reload.

Scrolls of Detect Poison x2

Range 30 ft. Detects presence of poison upon creature or object. Wisdom Check DC 20 to determine exact poison.

Scroll of Neutralize Poison x1

As the spell Neutralize Poison at Caster Level 8. 1d20+8 against DC of each poison in target Creature, Affects up to 8 Cu. Feet of Material if used on Object.

There's a closed stone door in a Northern branch of the hall.

And the room to the East is another dusty project area long abandoned filled with rusted or broken tools and bins of scrap metal. The husk of a Tank without any markings is propped up on stone blocks. It has been scrubbed of any identifying markings but there's only one Tank design in Geareg and this is clearly a retired Dwarven Guard model. It's been picked apart very thoroughly and tables in the South part of the room are covered with clumsy attempts to reverse engineer the individual pieces.

Full Map.

Lefty: The man rolls his eyes at you and walks you several paces into the Southern Hall to point out the center door.

"That one. Just stay with her, young man. I trust it's something even you can't mess up!" He heads back to the office. Flora's door is marked with another one of those charming little "Please Do Not Disturb ZzZzZz" signs with prestidigitated bouncing cloud letters.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Feb 15, 2013

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Oreom Bonne

Taking notice of Carbon leaving the room with Vanessa and Hecate rushing out after him, Oreom's sense of duty forces him to forestall the fight with Jaquelyn after making sure she's suffered no lasting harm, promising her that they'll return to their gentle fisticuffs in due time before kissing the back of her hand and being on his way to ensure that the plan is still on track.

Or you know, nothing even remotely like that.

"I like me steaks rare," Oreom muses, staring the mercenary down fearlessly as she charges toward him, but showing the briefest hint of acknowledgement of how lucky he is that she's irritated and sluggish when he realizes just how obvious her slam is going to be. Reckless rear end in a top hat or not, he knows when he's caught a break, flickering to the side with a step to avoid the downward arc of her mace as easily as a campfire bends to a stiff breeze. "It's m' women I take well done."

If Jaquelyn ever wanted to live down the indignity of the day, well, hopefully she knew when to count her blessings and run with her tail tucked between her legs, and knew how to be properly thankful that half the room had just vacated, so as to better miss Oreom's manic smile and tossing up of his hands for the adulation of the crowd after he parlayed his side-step into a full turn, twisting his wrist and spanking the nonlethal flat end of his trebutje square across Jaquelyn's hindquarters in a motion meant to humiliate rather than smart. Not that it couldn't do that, too. "Just yer coin'll do for grub tonight though, pum'kin. If yer half as bad at a stove as y'ar with that thing .." Oreom trailed off pointedly, momentarily distracted by actually noticing that half his adoring crowd has fled. The nerve of some people!

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(These are the saddest rolls on Jaquelyn's side.) :ohdear:

Jaquelyn
Damage Taken: 17 (4 Non-Lethal)
Attack: +10, Fiery Weapon, Power Attack
AC: Leather (16 Hits)

As Oreom was probably shooting for, the mocking blow triggers a howl of rage and prompts Jaquelyn to keep her mace down, holding it with one hand while lashing out with the other to deck Oreom square upon the nose.

Yet the blow is so slow that mace or fist, Oreom can easily evade it! She doesn't care about the departing crowd or anything and continues following Oreom with bags under her eyes, fists clenched. Though you've dealt out enough damage to KO two lesser brawlers, she's still going.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl Whose Laughter Stinks of Killing

Thorgeisl snarls annoyed, the show was just getting interesting, but for the sake of his role he must accompany Hecate. Reluctantly he leaves the room, following his supposed employer. Though he is curious as to what triggered this reaction.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli follows along, nodding to the man, "Alright then, go see to the man, I'll get the guards, he'll protect the lady." He motions the butler back and then moves around the corner as if he's running to go get guards before stopping and turning to say to Lefty, "drat Lad, we might have jumped in it. Maybe we can slip into the Lady's room and hide until they pass and slip out behind them?" The dwarf seems excited and ready for a fight.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "Th... the sign says Do Not Disturb, Louie. Is this the sort of situation where we would disturb a lady? No no, I think we're fine just standing watch outside the room to make sure no brigands, rogues, blackguards, thieves, or rascals attempt to gain entrance."

And a whisper, "And then as soon as Carbon's in his office, we leg it."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli nods and stands near, waiting for things to unfold.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui pockets the poison and dons the globe device, grinning at the ingenuity. She had learned to appreciate the tinkering of the apes - they gave her so many useful tools to kill them with. She loads the device with great care with the Ungol poison. She looks over the suit with interest for a moment, regretting that she had not thought to prepare any magic-reading spells so she could better discern the runes. She considers the spellcraft that went into the creation of the armor:

Spellcraft: 1d20+8 12

Shrugging, she moves down the hallway, giving a thorough examination of the tank and the tank room. (taking 20 to search)

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Figuero Yhong

Being left mostly alone in the chambers, Figuero leaves the chamber and approaches the doors to the large, unexplored room in the center of the wing. Looking over his shoulder to make sure he is unobserved ((Perception: 1d20+6=10)) , he tugs on the door to open it.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Playing for the right team, huh? Well, Hecate's not going to switch sides for now. Carbon is an annoying bastard, and a dangerous one with dangerous ideas to boot. "Send someone to their graves? My, my, that's quite a dangerous phrase to use. What are you intending to do, my Colonel?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Carbon quips to Hecate. "If they've robbed me, I'll shoot them. If they've attacked someone, I'll shoot them and fetch a priest. If they've harmed my daughter, I'll thrash them with my bare hands, then shoot them in the bits that take a while for a man to bleed out." He tops it off with a grin and tapping the side of his head with a finger. "A man has to have plans."

Lefty, Olimar, Hecate, Thorgeisl: Lefty and Olimar wait for their chance and keep steady watch over a door, waiting for the Colonel to approach his office and allow you to pull the ol' switcheroo while his attention is turned away from the exit. You feel a sudden surge of terror as the fancy fellow you saw earlier rounds the nearest corner in the company of Hecate and advances on your position, frowning with a great deal of deadly intent bunched up about the corners of his mouth.

Carbon sets one hand in his pocket and snaps his fingers at Lefty. "Second floor detail, right? Give me a report, soldier. And what are you standing around for?" He shoots a glare at Olimar.

Vanessa: A fat older man in a set of awkwardly fitting breastplate and Carbon's colors hustles over to you, following by a casually walking red-skinned boy dressed in casual finery, carrying a huge silver-lined stave.

The fat one catches his breath in one fell swoop and greets you enthusiastically. "Pardon me, ma'am, but we're having a bit of a crisis here. Could I ask what your business here is?"

James rolls his eyes. "If she's not one of yours, she's a suspect, Trink."

Figuero, Perception: Your senses are playing it by ear and missing the occasional note, but the only Guard nearby is very distracted by the spar. You grab the nearby torch and open the doors enough to slip in and lay your eyes upon perhaps the most disappointing sight an adventurer or robber possibly can: an empty vault. The room is simply a huge wide-open depository for valuables with stacks upon stacks of stone vaults lining the walls, all flung open and hastily emptied. Some floor-work in the corner of the room looks like a recent addition and is of shoddier quality.

P'ui, Spellcraft: A rudimentary guess is that the armor is designed to resist magical effects that specifically target the mind.

P'ui, Perception: Nothing terribly interesting here if you're not mechanically minded. Even if you were, a lot of it is just plain broken. There's enough materials here to cobble together some crude gunpowder and a priming charge for something too clumsy to use in combat, but would be adequate for breaking down one of the dead-end Human-constructed walls made in the stair-well. The solid Dwarven-construction used everywhere else wouldn't be affected.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 16, 2013

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui gathers up the materials but holds onto them for now, going up to the northern stone door to check what's behind it before she does any backtracking.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

P'ui: Operating off your Stealth of 19 from earlier, you quietly slip into the next chamber. The temperature drops substantially and you can hear rushing water. Seems the solid construction on the door nicely blocked the sound and the cold.

Hazy green lighting overhead clashes with crude iron frameworks railed from wall to wall halfway up towards the ceiling overhead, the stone at least 40 feet up and the frames 20 ft. To your left water rushes in and passes through rates, some of it siphoned off and pooling a bit further North. There's a small set of stairs that would let you come back up if you fell in.

To the Northwest is a set of massive railings that look to be suspended over darkness. You're not sure if there would be any coming back from a fall on that side. Even with Darkvision, the area appears dimmer than it's surroundings. Almost foreboding.

You instinctively still your breath as you can hear somebody nearby. Your doorway is next to a set of small stairs that rises up a few feet to a raised platform with small waist-high railings. There is a very pale and demure-looking black-haired woman sitting at a table between two book-shelves, reading from a leather-bound tome. An animated orb of light hovers over her shoulder. She's dressed for warmth in fur-trimmings and gloves.

On the lower level are stone pedestals with skeletons carefully constructed along them. One is of a stocky looking Human with a very powerful shoulder and arm build but a skull with no eye sockets. Another is of a Rat-folk. The final one is of an insect-like exoskeleton vaguely similar to a man.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui searches for a better position to carefully watch the she-ape.

Stealth: 1d20+14 26

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Lefty seems to grow two or three inches in height as he straightens up almost to his tiptoes in his most rigid salute yet. He's a fresh recruit talking to The Man In Charge, and is nearly barking out each sentence. Do I get a bonus to my Bluff checks for acting nervous and fidgety if I'm actually a bit unsettled here?

: "S-sir! Just off-duty from sewer detail, sir, sorry about the smell, sir! Came up for my friend Parsons, sir, to see if he wanted to join me and Louie here for a drink when he got off shift himself, sir! Can't find Parsons anywhere, sir, but noticed there was no guard in front of your office, sir, which I found suspicious enough to investigate, sir! The guard was knocked out and dragged into your office, sir! A person whom I believe is the butler, I believe, sir, came by and asked me to take up a watch so that the intruder would not attack Miss Flora, sir, and pointed out that this was her room, sir! I am Following Orders and Keeping Miss Flora From Harm... sir!"

...my Bluff check is 25.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Knowing that it must be some kind of commotion to lure everyone upstairs to quickly, and with the rest of the team scrambling to keep Carbon busy, Figuero saunters over to the newly added stonework before giving it a few raps of his knuckles and searching the construction for grooves or handholds for him to move, taking enough time to assure himself nothing is lurking beneath the new stone that he could reach. ((take 20 on perception))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Feb 17, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Oli stands back behind Lefty and fidgets nervously, accidentally dropping the bottle of alcohol he got from the kitchen on the floor before scrambling to pick it up and looking scared. He doesn't speak but just stands awkwardly as if he doesn't know what to say and is intimidated by the boss. "I'm off duty... trying to find a place to have a drink with my friend here. Was just following him."

quote:

Bluffroll: 1d20-1: 8 [1d20=9]

(Sorry doom, I fixed the dice thing, I GOT A poo poo ROLL THOUGH.)

malikial fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 17, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Vanessa

Nessa grins nervously, glancing back.
"Eheh, sorry. I'm a new recruit. Uh... the Colonel asked me to tell you to go on some sort of lockdown. Oh, and send three guards up to meet him in his office."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013

malikial posted:

(Sorry doom, I fixed the dice thing, I GOT A poo poo ROLL THOUGH.)

(Look at it this way: you're not failing to bluff. You just tried to use Aid Another on my Bluff roll, and screwed the pooch on that. So my Bluff is still only 25, instead of 27.)

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"A daughter? You didn't mentioned that." Hecate says on a light tone before noticing Lefty and Olimar fidgeting in front of her. Welp. Hopefully 'Stache can keep the ruse on Carbon, but the Gods know what kind of dumb thing the Dwarf would pull. She keeps observing Carbon, tensely waiting for any movement of his that implies aggression or something of the sorts. Hopefully Richard would understand if she had to snuff the Colonel after things went sour.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Oreom Bonne

Oreom's expression remains thoroughly, triumphantly amused as he puts a bit of lean into his spine, pulling his head back enough to watch the tired object of his instant affections whiff another easy blow. For many men, there would be a certain charm to the sleep-addled motions, a protective instinct to say there there, lovely, no reason now to keep at it, lets get you some proper rest and we'll settle our debts another time.

"HA! Yer a real loser!" Oreom gloats, in what is clearly his finest flirting technique to date. Cracking the cartilage in his shoulder joints with an easy swing of both his shield and trebutje, he's clearly ready for her next attempt at an attack. Saddest of all, he's certain that this means he's getting somewhere. He finds her tiredness tiresome, a convenient excuse for her poor ability to actually fight, but the fact that she hasn't given up, and still looks like she wants to force-feed him her mace spike by spike, twisting it every inch or two? Well, there was a certain charm in that to be certain, but he'd hit the point where it was patently obvious that if she didn't stand down, things were about to get even sadder. Oreom's grin fell from oily glee to something lighter, more appraising. "Hows 'bout a deal, pretty? The dinner, the datin', and a big sack o' gold jus' to keep me wheels greased and I don't see t' makin' Carbon's cleanfolk get yer brains off the floor WHEN I SMASH YER ADDLED LI'L MELON!"

Oreom begins the statement with the same casual mockery he's employed for, well, most of the night, but he begins to raise his trebutje back and up with a quick flip in palm before screaming the last words with an abrupt, maddened fury that twists his eyes, the yellow glow of them shrinking like a sun eclipsed as black spots appear within. He takes a step forward, his shoulder going tight with the tension of a man seconds away from bringing his weapon down with all the force he could muster, unhappy side down.

Granted, he's such a terrible liar that there's little chance he was merely bluffing, but intimidating her into conceding the fight was basically the same principal. I mean, Oreom wasn't a monster. He really didn't want to smash in the head of a pretty girl!

Before he'd bilked her out of all the coin he could muster first, anyway.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

P'ui: You expertly line up along the rising wall of the stairs and perfectly mask your silhouette, still your breathing and keep your tailing from twitching. It's amazing how many freebies apes need to see something coming. The woman seems positively invested in the tome she's reading, clearing a page every 30 seconds or so. How long you watch is up to you, but she is content to rise and grab another tome from the shelf, returning to her seat completely oblivious to your possible presence.

Moving into position to get a view of the upper level allows you to see a super-sized sheet of treated parchment pinned to the Southern wall. It seems some apes have been doing a crude charcoal rendition of something that's difficult to see.

You feel a subtle pressure in your head. The railways to the North seem inviting.

Vanessa: Trinkly gives you a hard nod and then jogs outside to get the attention of the two guards there. James shrugs his shoulders and then chats casually. "Have you seen a red girl recently? Taller than us, looks like she'll punch you?"

Figuero: You take your time studying the crude stonework and discover a few interesting things. It's made of plaster, yet you can't lift or move it. More careful searching reveals that one of the natural "poorly done" gaps is hiding a solid stone switch. Triggering it causes the plaster to slide out of the way and reveal a ladder down. The edges of the well-done natural stone-work seem to have been damaged by clumsy use of a mining pick, like somebody knew enough to look here for something secret, but not enough to avoid hitting it before they found it.

Seems it drops you into a very narrow 10x10 recess with nothing in it but a switch. Triggering the switch slides another wall aside and places you in an empty and unlit dungeon, but you've got sight as far as a torch will go for now. It seems opening this wall panel from your side causes a smaller section of wall the size of a fist next to it to open and reveal another switch that will close it again from this side.

Lefty, Olimar, Hecate, Thorgeisl: Carbon shoots a death-glare at Olimar but softens up a bit and claps Lefty on the shoulder, giving him a firm if affection pump. "At least somebody around here is on their toes. Excuse me." He lets go, opens the door and leans in. He immediately leans back out, turns and swats Lefty on the back of the head.

"Do you mean to tell me, private, that your sense of modesty was so great that you never thought to OPEN THE DOOR? She's gone, you idiot!" Even when angered, Carbon has a way of keeping his tone under control. It gets louder and you've seen similar eyes on hunting birds in a fancy book you opened once for the pictures, but he's clearly restrained. He looks over your shoulder and gives a tight wave to somebody. A dapper little Halfling gentleman with a bushy beard and dandy clothing trots over to the group, returning Carbon's wave.

Carbon: "Cyrus, what do we have?"

Cyrus puffs on a pipe made of one too many elaborate curls and loops. "Ahh, it's bad, m'lord. They broke up the cabinet and even got 'round th' mimic. We're dealin' with pros, I fear. Took a lot of stuff. Took th' generator."

Nick gives everyone around him a swift look as he pans his head, then returns his attention to Cyrus, speaking calmly and with authority. "Right. Seal the manor up. Cyrus, watch the door, Detect anyone going in or out. Have Robert release the Hounds to search outside." He snaps his fingers and glares to Lefty and Olimar. "You two, escort Scarlet and her goons outside." Softens a bit and looks to Hecate. "We can pick this up tomorrow. I hope your men aren't too shy to disrobe, they look like they bleed magic." He snickers and gives Thorgeisl a snide look, then begins adjusting his cufflinks again.

Lips smacking at the end of the pipe, Cyrus removes it and releases a long drag. "Don't you fret, Nick. I ain't met a lad yet I couldn't sniff out fer wrong-doin'. But, where'll ye be, mlord?"

Nick pumps his fists and the small bracers radiate a soft blue magical aura that wipes between both of his palms, straightens out and swiftly defines itself to the design of a formidable looking hunting rifle that materializes in his hands. Fine wooden stock, too-yellow copper outline, a set of zappy bits. He instinctively double-checks the weapon and adjusts the safety and the zappy bits begin arcing small bolts of lightning between one another, very delicately contained and without sparks, completely silently.

Nick chuckles, then seriouses right the Hell up. "There is a fox in my hen-house and I'm on the hunt. A full top to bottom sweep, old man." He stalks off towards his office and Cyrus tips his hat to you all, speaking politely but firmly. "A shame we could'nae meet in better times, friends. Please see me at th' door before ye go. Just a formality, is all." He winks and heads off.

Vanessa: Things get crowded rather quickly at the front gate. Trinkley returns with two guards and they take up position at the door and a little Halfling gentleman comes from downstairs to join you all. He removes his hat and gives everybody a tiny bow before putting it back on and puffing at his pipe. "Glad I found ye here instead o' th' kitchen, Rob." Trinkley blushes slightly but gives Cyrus a good-natured salute. Cyrus puffs again and speaks. "Things're goin' ta hell right fast. Release th' hounds and cover the acreage, would ye?"

Trinkley nods and hustles off to the Southern Fort Stairs on the First Floor. Cyrus looks everybody over and then eyes widen a bit and rustles his beard with rampant grinning. "I don' believe we've met before, miss? I think I'd remember such a beauty. S'a good thing that even Nick's peacockin' about dun keep all able women outta this boy's club."

Oreom: Jaquelyn's eyes widen at your audacious challenge and for a second, just a second, it looks as though she may yield. Then true to character, she takes up her mace and rushes to crush you again. But... it's hopeless. She swings so widely that she loses her balance and trips into a tumble forward, rolling right past you and hitting the wall. She lets out a pained groan and rubs her head as she sits up into a kneel, having the presence of mind and the good priorities to glare off to the side at you. She rasps out a solemn declaration of "I hate you, Bonne." before totaled Lethal + Non-Lethal damage causes her to fall unconscious, still kneeling in a half-rise to stand up and come swing at you again.

You've won! The sole remaining Guard claps excitedly. "I can't believe it! You never let her even touch you! It was sort of sad." Ah, the thrill of victory... though that's all you'll get, as even if Oreom checks, Jaquelyn has no money or valuables on her that she didn't bring to fight. The Guard rustles through a pouch and gets a bandage out and after a bit of hesitation begins Taking 20 on Heal to patch up Jaquelyn's arm.

Man. You're the only PC left in the empty area. Even Figuero took off. Who'll remember how great you are now?

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Feb 17, 2013

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui grits her teeth at the familiar feeling of mental control, but does her best to resist. Normally she'd have welcomed the pull, but the Masters were gone now, and she had no desire to serve whatever was compelling her. P'ui douses her blade in the wyvern poison she'd found earlier. She moves closer, staying to the shadows, concealing her poisoned weapon in case she is spotted as she draws nearer. P'ui tries to draw as close as she can to determine what the girl is up to, watching her feet for any traps or such as she moves.

sleight of hand: 1d20+10 21 - hiding the blade
Stealth: 1d20+14 31 - staying hidden
Perception: 1d20+5 6 - SURE AIN'T FINDIN ANY TRAPS WITH THIS, gently caress

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

P'ui: Luckily nothing traps you, since you wouldn't see it coming. You're able to get closer to the girl as she recklessly bookworms. Moving closer makes it a bit easier to see the wall hanging. Reminds you of some of the figures of worship in the tribe. You're very close to the she-ape now. She's completely unaware of you! She is... just reading. A lot of reading, there's four other tomes nearby. They have clinically sterile names like Rat-Folk Dissection And Behavior Study, Grimlock Dissection And Psionics Study and Electronium and Psionics Testing #11-20.

The railways to the North look really comfortable. You could stalk along them for hours. The pressure is slowly building.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui moves behind the girl and with a swift motion brings her knife to her throat. "Move not, little ape, for Her blade drips with ichor, and but one drop will drain the color from It's flesh. If It has questions about Her people, She could provide It answers. But why is idolatry of something like one of our Gods adorning It's walls? Why do such incessant voices pull Her to such certain doom? Surely It is aware of that nagging pull of It's puppet's strings?"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Feb 17, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Figuero Yhong

Almost holding his breath, Figuero descends into the hidden chamber, taking great care to try and replace the plaster trap door as best he could, (searching for another switch on this side if it will not move back into place otherwise).

Figuero begins combing over the room, at first heading over to the torch, to see if it can be removed from the wall and held by hand. "drat these meager human eyes" he quietly mutters to only himself. Not content with a physical search, "this colonel always has another trick his sleeves" Figuero thought as he pushed out a breath and cast detect magic

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "Y-yessir! Even in times of alert it Did Not Seem Right to enter the room of a lady marked Do Not Disturb, sir! But I have my orders, sir, and will escort these guests out of the manor immediately... sir!"

Lefty salutes again, turns to Hecate and Thorgeisl, and continues.

: "Um, um... you heard Sir Carbon. Louie and I will escort you to the front door so you may excuse yourselves. Please come with me." Lefty looks at Thorgeisl like he, Lefty, would wet himself if he, Thorgeisl, doesn't agree.

Rtwo fucked around with this message at 22:17 on Feb 17, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Oh, they took the Generator away without triggering any traps and have an actual Alibi? Hecate tries her best to hide a grin on her face. It seems she was completely wrong about the abilities of her companions, if what the Halfling says is true. Of course, she'd rather have Carbon discover the pilfering much after the deed was done, but it's not the time to lament about such things.

"What are you suggesting by saying that my bodyguards should be stripped, Colonel? We were with you all the time! It's bad enough to do business with someone who let their treasures to be stolen like that, but calling us thieves is completely unacceptable! I shall retrieve Bonne and we will leave, but you better think twice if you believe there will be any further negotiations." Hecate snaps at Carbon, her tone extremely cold and indignant. She stamps off, leaving at the same time as Carbon but heading back to the place where Oreom and Jacquelyn were fighting. She gives a quick approving smile at Lefty as he readies himself to escort her outside though.

Now there will be no reason for Carbon to sniff after Scarlet later, no? It's up to the others to get the Generator out though... And it looks like the Colonel means business.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

P'ui: The she-ape stifles a little scream and trembles under your menace. "W.. what?! What are you t-t-talking about?" She drops the book and doesn't really know what to do with her hands, gripped with fear. After several uneasy moments, she calms down a bit and sets her palms to the table. "I... I... you.. you're just one of those monsters... nobody would... actually seek out a warren." She shivers again, eyes darting from side to side.

"I.. I don't know what you're talking about.. I don't hear anything. D.. do you hear him? The.. uhm.." She stares ahead at the mural, trying to remain calm. "...lord of ash?"

Figuero: You get Detect Magic going and look around. Hmm. The torture-chamber and prison have left-over residue, very faint and long faded. Magic was used for some end here. There's a decent beacon of it in the plant-room in the Northwest and you discover the suit of unwieldy armor. It has a strong magic about it but it seems even more cumbersome than a Knight's full plate.

Nothing magical in the Eastern room where they husk of a tank resides. And... oh, what's this? The door to the sewer chamber is pulsing with magical energy. You can't hear or feel anything else coming from this room save for the presence of dim auras.

Hecate, Lefty: Sorry Lefty, Hecate blows you off and descends back down the North Fort Stairs of the first floor. There's Oreom. He's grinning really stupidly, even more stupid than when you left him. He has succeeded in knocking out Jaquelyn and despite all expectations his bones aren't broken and sticking out of his limbs and torso.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

drat it, he actually won. Hecate lets out a disappointed sigh and waves at Oreom. "You must be really proud of yourself for beating a lady, Bonne. Come now, looks like our presence is not needed here anymore." The Sorceress then starts casting a quick spell under her breath. Carbon's weapons were bristling with magic, and now her eyes can discern the mystical energies on the air... Hopefully giving her an edge on this last push outside the place.

Casting Detect Magic, lasting for the next 3 minutes.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "W-wait! I have to... escort you..."

Lefty catches up with Hecate as best he can, dropping the panicked act for a moment to mutter to her under his breath.

: "Coulda gone better than it did, coulda gone a lot worse. 'Louie' here will show you out, I'm gonna... go look for Miss Flora. In the sewers."

Lefty shoulders his packful of stolen goods and heads back down to the barracks where he came in.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Vanessa

Nessa smiles at the man with the fabulous beard.
"Vanessa Carmine Staere. Formerly of Draunt. And no, it wouldn't keep me out. Pleasure to meet you."
She glances around, feeling a little silly.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

"It tries no tricks, and the stench of fear is thicker than the stench of Ape. The voice calls to Her, almost as powerful as the Masters. She wishes to not hear the voice any longer. If the She-Ape can be of use to this one, this one can be of use to the Ape. She thirsts not for deception, and hungers not for Ape flesh this eve... Lead Her away or shutter that cursed voice, and We can talk. But please, do not scream."

P'ui withdraws the short blade, careful not to nick the girl.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Oreom Bonne

Oreom curses, not because of the fact that he gave her an opportunity to give up that she didn't take, but because taking an unconscious lady to a pub would just look even worse than he cared to. Lowering his upraised terbutje almost incredulously, he briefly scratches the back of his head with the thing before dropping it into the pack slung over his shoulder, stowing his shield away too before he frisks Jaquelyn for anything worth taking, pawning, or pawing. Of course, he only found the latter, though he spread his hands apart with a long, perfectly innocent whistle when the guard came up to patch the girl up. "All'a Geareg's women is just pretty faces," he muttered just a little bit sulkily. I mean, Jaquelyn had looked like she had almost known what she was doing, right up until she started swinging her mace!

Looking around to find everyone well and gone, Oreom snorts and then snaps his fingers at the one remaining guard. "Do me a favor, pal," he tells him, reaching back into his pack before pulling out four gold pieces and shoving them into his palm "and go let ery'one know about how great I am." A princely sum for a small task! In the meantime, he actually had to remember why he was even here. It was to flirt and fight, right? Or .. something with that Carbon ponce? Distractions? Well, he had gone off, and now Oreom didn't know where the hell he'd absconded to. His eyes light upon Jaquelyn's mace, and a smile spreads slowly across his lips, breaking out into a broad, self-satisfied grin.

Carbon would be pretty fuckin' distracted when he lit his whole house on fire, wouldn't he?

Grinning like a jackass, Oreom made his move back toward Jaquelyn before hearing Hecate pipe up from behind him. Spinning on his heels, hands up, palms out, he gave his most proudly innocent of all looks. "I ain't the braggin' type," he admitted humbly with a less than surreptitious waving of his hand toward the unconscious lady, making sure everyone knew that he totally took her right the hell out. "We off, then?" he asked her with a quick salute to Lefty on his way through to the barracks, and then tested spitballing the plan he'd been interrupted in. "We got the time for a li'l recreational arson?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Lefty, Hecate, Thorgeisl, Olimar: Looks like the front door is guarded by Cyrus, a red-skinned man and at least two of Carbon's Guards.

Vanessa: You can see the others taking the Northern Stairs down. ... Olimar and Lefty are wearing guard uniforms and break off from them, taking the Southern Stairs down. You could join either group since Carbon's men seem to think you're on their side. James steps up to you and snaps his fingers in your face. "Hey. So I take it you haven't seen her, then?"

Fort North Wing (Hecate, Thorgeisl, Oreom)

Things are getting tense. You've accounted for Lefty and Olimar swiping valuable things and maybe some good dirt on Carbon, but at this rate he may decide not to take any chances and begin a trial by shoot first, search the body later. The front door is under heavy guard.

quote:

Volcanic Mace Earthbreaker

A heavy two-handed mace designed to look like an erupting chunk of magma on impact.

+1 Fiery Earthbreaker. +1 to Attack/Damage, deals 1d6 Fire Damage on hit.

Fort South Wing (Lefty, Olimar)

You descend back into the barracks! You see Sir Trinkley opening up a kennel door and being surrounded by a small swarm of fat little bear-hunting dogs. He's expertly holding their attention without leashes or anything and has an old-fashioned musket-pistol in one hand, a whistle in the other.

The Northern Stairs lead down... into a dead-end, where a bunch of hastily and clumsily added concrete has walled off part of the fort.

P'ui: The girl rises and tries to keep calm, turning around to face you directly but trembling again when she sees you. "Alright. I.. I'll help you. My n-name is Flora. T.. there's something here, I think. If you're... from the warrens... m... maybe you still feel their call." She looks over to the Northern railway. "The f-flayers..."

You begin to actively long to head North, like craving a favorite food. The pressure is tangible in your temples.

• Locked thread