Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hm. A dead weight for them... Or perhaps a hostage. Yes, the Flora girl might be useful in the future, but it's more important how to deal with the dead abomination before them. "Thorgeisl, would you please share the reason you want to smash Mister Squid-for-a-face here? Other than him being a bloody Flayer for starters?" Her line of reasoning is cut when P'Ui tries to unmake the runes binding the creature. "What in the nine hells are you doing, Rat?! The creature is wounded, but without the barrier blocking his mental powers, it can become dangerous! Grgh, drat it. Let's just kill it as a last present for Carbon!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar lets out a snarl and moves towards the group, he grabs Flora by the arm, not hurting her but holding her firmly, growling "What are you doing?! The girl has no part in your idiocy. Flora Carbon, come here, stand behind me, you will be safe." He moves quickly towards P'ui and grabs her before she can disrupt the runes, dragging her back and leaning down to say, "Come on now, I'm not here to commit suicide! We have Carbon's daughter, we can trade her for safe exit from the fort! I've already pilfered all the items we came in here for. You need to use your head and not let anger cloud your mind. You will not free this drat thing. Use your brain." He turns towards Flora and smiles, "Sorry, lass but your father's fort has been broken in to, someone stole some of his goodies, I've heard rumors it was a dwarf." He gives a wicked grin, "Seems your daddy knew how to use the dwarvish lock-down techniques. So, I need you to escape. ACT RIGHT and you will come to no harm. I promise on my Hammer." He turns to Hecate, "We've done the job, this doesn't concern us. WE MUST LEAVE. We don't want to get caught down HERE by them. There will be no escape, even with the girl there is only one proper exit and no proper witnesses. Carbon would be like to be more reasonable with his daughter and the crowd from up above involved."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Figuero, Knowledge: Nature of the beast is unmistakable. It's an Illithid. The religious obelisk behind it is very difficult to understand as any known Illithid sympathizers don't share knowledge, either willingly or because they lack it. All that is really known is that the Lord of Ash is an important guiding figure to some of the Flayers and their followers, some sort of figure that presses those followers to work harder.

Figuero, Bluff: Flora gives you a very indignant look. "Now look here you two-bit charlatan, my father..."

Zap! P'ui drags through one of the runic lines, smudging it. The red gel block shudders and cracks along the edges but remains stable. The pressure in Thorgeisl and P'ui's heads becomes a headache. Flora lets out a scream and steps back away from everyone, then Olimar cuts in and reads you all the riot act. Flora slaps his helmet off and gives everybody a look like they're a dog hopping onto the couch, holding her hands up. "Wh.. what are you doing?! You'll kill us all! Why are you even here, who are you doing this for?! My father will... he'll save us all from any possible things that come up again! Why would you fight that?! You're terrible!" She steps around Olimar and shoves Figuero on the shoulder, even while tethered by Olimar's hand on her other arm. "He's in great danger?! FROM YOU!" She drifts back behind Olimar, seeming to remember a bit of her fear after the indignation cools down.

Lefty: Trinkley looks rather pleased to have you all along. James just sighs under his breath and departs. The dogs growl at you as they pass with Trinkley but he rallies them with his whistle again.

Vanessa: Cyrus smiles and nods, then whispers back. "All th' same, you'll need ta prove tha' a bit later in th' evening. Please do nae try to step out, miss. We'll get one a' th' scullery maids ta look ya over fer decency's sake." ... The fat man comes up the stairs with a small army of dogs and rejoins you all, and that red-skinned James boy hurriedly passes by the front door and takes the Northern Stairs down into the Fort. Oh, and there's Lefty again! He's hanging back a bit and sweating bullets.

Lefty: For your benefit, let's assume you hang back in the hall a bit as soon as you can see that the front door is heavily guarded and by that same small man Carbon identified as sweeping the door. He's brandishing a wand and seems rather at ease, but very diligent. It also hits you like a wheelbarrow full of bricks that you can't follow Trinkley and his dog brigade outside without passing by the front door guard.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Feb 19, 2013

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl Whose Laughter Stinks of Killing

Thorgeisl snarls at the child. Flames sparking from his mouth, even as acid drools from the edges. Lightning arcs through his hair and the very air around him begins to frost. "Then why is this THING even alive? If your father was saving us all this thing would be dead, not contained to be studied or have its power siphoned into little toys that will make him a ruler over all the humans of the land, assuming that they don't turn him into an illithid-spawn monstrosity or bring THEM back!"

His very body shakes in rage, and pain, from the presence of his former masters. "Tell me that child? How is your father going to save anything if he lets IT live?"

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
As the rune is disrupted and the crack forms Olimar lets out a long breath and a curse in dwarvish. He pulls Flora back with him and begins exiting the room, "Come along lass, these idiots are gonna be the loving deaths of each other. I'll have no part in it and I'll not allow an innocent girl like you to die with them." As he pulls her away he asks, in a deeply annoyed voice, "Can you believe these people? Not all humans are this stupid are they? Moradin's Brazen Balls." He stops at the doorway and growls, back to the group, "YOU NEED TO COME ALONG. We are DONE. This is just flogging uselessly. Come along?" He waits, but seems impatient as he holds Flora's arm, firmly but not hard enough to harm her. As Thorgeiasl snarls and gets angry he scoffs, "Stop your foolishness! Anger has NO PLACE in combat or work. We are being PAYED TO REMAIN PROFESSIONAL. This posturing will do NOTHING to promote our job."

malikial fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Feb 19, 2013

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
In that case, Lefty will slip down to the (now-abandoned, right? Right?) barracks and check the exit back to the sewers. He finds it blocked off, but takes a close look to figure out how. If it's a mechanical device that shuts and locks, maybe he can open it. If it's quickly plastered over -- how in the hells could they plaster it over so fast? -- maybe he can pry open a hole big enough to fit through so he can escape.

Guess Olimar went through that secret door he mentioned earlier. Shame he didn't show Lefty where it was. This could be a while.

Perception check is a masterful 9 to find a trigger through the walled-off passage to the sewers. Niku, lemme borrow your dice for a minute.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Figuero Yhong

Figuero throws away any patience with the girl "Your father will be the first target the abberation sets it's sights on as soon as it devours us for sustenance. An Illithid would be shunned and destroyed by its own ranks should it return without cleansing it's shame in your father's blood...starting with you"

((intimidate 1d20+11+(+1 stern gaze)= 31)+circumstance bonus of using the illithid as a threat?)

Reaching deep within himself to retain composure, Inquisitor Yhong starts analyzing the containment field to see if he can fix or otherwise reinforce the bonds holding back the beast. ((1d20+7=13 use magic device))

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Lefty, Perception: You've got nothing.

Figuero, Intimidate: Flora just turns her head to stop looking at you or Thorgeisl, looking rather put-off.

Figuero, Use Magic Device: This is really beyond you. You could probably... activate a circle. Or the frame. You're not really sure what activating it would flip on. But hey, you could do it.

P'ui and Thorgeisl: Your headaches are rather painful. <Good service is rewarded. Disrupt the circles.> You'll need to roll Will Saves again.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl's rage finds a new target as again his mind is invaded.

Will Save vs Mind Flayer compulsion par 2 1d20+1 14

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui spits.

Willpower: 1d20+1 17

"It is boring in our brain! This one cannot last any longer! Is there any way to shut this cursed mind-worm off?!"

P'ui joins Figuero in his attempts:

Use Magic Device: 1d20+10 13

She stumbles over to Flora, her eyes whirling with madness and tension. "What has your father done here, girl? What is this place? This one is losing Herself! Even the Masters did not pull Her like this!"

P'ui looks like she is dying.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 04:06 on Feb 19, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"drat it, the Dwarf is right, if we stay any longer it will enslave those two. Leave, NOW!" Hecate yells at P'Ui and Thorgeisl while grabbing Flora's arm. She tries to talk with the girl on a more soothing tone, but the stress is starting to get into her. "M'Lady, it appears this place is not safe. Unfortunately we'll have to ask you to follow us outside of the Mansion."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar growls, "If you get away from the GODS BE DAMNED MIND FLAYER IT WILL STOP TRYING TO CONTROL YOU. It's weakened inside that thing and you want to let it out where it can be even MORE POWERFUL? Moradin's Hammer, I know you are mere children but use your heads. Come away with me, let us use the girl to ensure our escape." When P'ui approaches Flora Olimar pulls her close to his side, protectively, "You are in NO STATE to be dealing with this girl. Calm yourself, I'll not have you harming an innocent lass because of the sins of her father. She has done NOTHING to you in the present or the past." He moves between P'ui and Flora purposefully, "You'll see the foolishness of your plan if you can escape the influence of this creature. Come along now." He basically pleads. Before growling and turning away, as he exits he passes Oreom and whispers, "I am leaving presently, you haven't been rallying to release the drat mindflayer if you don't want part in this madness come along. It would be pertinent to follow me." When Hecate attempts to grab Flora he steps between the two, shaking his head slightly, "I've no desire to see the foolish 'leading' you've done so far harm this girl, I'll take charge of her until we are free of the Fort, thank you." He then proceeds to exit the room and head towards the hidden doors, leading Flora along closely and rather protectively, as a person would a small child. He no longer looks back or attempts to talk, just briskly exits the room and proceeds back up to the main fort from the way he entered, hoping to find Lefty still in the Barracks.

malikial fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Feb 19, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Suit yourself, little poo poo. But be aware that we might need to get rough with her should the situation call." Hecate snarls at Olimar while stomping outside of the chamber, a hundred dark thoughts in her mind. They should have ignored the drat sewers, just have returned like they did instead of prying on Carbon's deeds. Who knows what the Colonel have done during this time? It's not like he hasn't got a lead on them or something. Hopefully he'll be just outside the chamber, gun in hand and two dozen armed guards while the imbeciles behind them are under control of a squid-face.

Yes, truly things are going quite smoothly for Hecate.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui hisses at Olimar. "This one would not harm The Flora. She gave Her word that no harm would come to the Little One. But the Olimar speaks the truth. We must leave. The pain is too great, and I can resist it's pull no longer."

She falls in line behind the others, clutching onto her temples with her tiny hands.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

P'ui, Save and Use Magic Device: A strong success on the save, but you can't discern anything more than Figuero could. You could trigger things but not repair them.

Thorgeisl, Save: It feels more difficult to resist control. Your arms twitch and fly up and your knees rise. With a forceful stomp you're able to barely resist.

Flora looks sadly at P'ui. "Maybe you should... leave it?" She departs with Olimar and only protests slightly. "He's committed no sins."

Vanessa: You hear Nick Carbon bellow "SECOND FLOOR, ALL'S CLEAR!" and stroll into the foyeur. A peek around the corner and he's followed by a Guard with a bandaged head wound. James and a Guard come up from the North Stairs carrying an unconscious Jaquelyn between them, with James looking like he may faint from the labor. Her mace is missing.

Olimar/Anyone Coming Up: You'll come up from the Southern Set of Stairs at the Front Door. You can hear shouting up above. It seems that if you're going to confront the Colonel, this will be it as soon as you step back up.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Just as Lefty finds the switch for the secret door and reaches for it, it pops open of its own accord, with Olimar, Flora, Hecate, Pu'i, and <additional party member(s)> coming out.

: "Uh oh. No way out down there? We got a situation. Whole fort's on lockdown, the way we came in is sealed off, and we're gonna have a rough time gettin' out through the front door. Most of the guards is still asleep, but Carbon and his top men are out with dogs lookin' for us, although they don't seem to know it's us they're lookin' for yet."

"...who's the girl?"

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Nessa frowns at Cyrus, but nods. "That's reasonable."

She stands, watching James and the guard, and the unconscious Jaquelyn.
"Oh what? She lost? That is such a shame."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl snarls again as Olimar continues to preach as if he understood anything. "Fool. This monster cannot be left alive." That said he does not know of a way to kill the mind flayer off without first freeing it, and should it become free he would likely fall to its mental control.

So angry, agitated, and in pain he turns away from the trapped form and follows the others back up.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui can feel the weight shifting off her shoulders as they move away from the trapped flayer, her head pounding still. "This one has no desire to do explainations. She will leave the words to you."

She turns to Flora. "This one is sorry. She did not intend for The Flora to be used as leverage, but this is where we have arrived."

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Feb 19, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar smiles broadly at Lefty, "Good to see someone with some sense. Carbon's daughter." He shoves her towards Lefty and growls, "We need to use her to escape. These fools almost released a loving Mind Flayer. Take charge of the girl for me, you look a bit more intimidating than I do. She'll be leverage." He pat's Lefty's shoulder graciously and seems genuinely happy to see the man. He then draws his Warhammer and his Mace off his hips and growls out, "Yall might want to get ready to look intimidating, here comes the boss." He sets himself into a dour face and then turns to Flora, "If you cooperate I can promise you won't come to any harm, if you don't... well. I'm just one dwarf, I can't keep that little psychotic bint," He motions towards Hecate, "Who's in charge of this job from harming you. I WANT TO, but I'm not in charge. Please be good."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Dragged along, spoken to from all angles and finally shoved towards a smelly goon in ill-fitting armor, Flora sighs as she ends up gripped fiercely about the arm or something, looking sadly at Lefty for a bit before speaking with P'ui, loudly enough for all of you to hear. "It doesn't have to be this way. I mean, you're running a hostage during a robbery. Maybe... give up? Serve your sentence? You know, the right thing to do?"

Vanessa: Carbon and Guard round the corner and join up with Cyrus, you and the other guards and James foists carrying Jaquelyn off on the recruit, stalking over to the front door gathering. He seems very incensed and glares straight at you, Nessa.

James: "I hear it was quite a spar, but in the end some goon robbed my sister. Working for somebody who came in with her." He points Vanessa out.

Carbon lets out a low whistle. "Hmm. I didn't think they had the stones or the magic to swipe things under my nose, but with your witness this is an awful lot of coincidence for me to sit on." He gestures to the guards and then to Vanessa. "Right, toss her in a cell and we'll get back to the search.

Vanessa, nobody here has a Surprise Round so you're not grappled or anything yet, but you are in what Lord Pembrook might've sarcastically called "one hell of a defensive position."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "I... er... what? If I walk up there with Flora in my hand I'm basically counting on this disguise to hold up, which will last until the instant Flora reveals I'm working with you. At that point I will get shot."

"By a gun."

"Because Carbon has a gun that he can shoot me with."

"All in all I am not confident that we have a working plan here."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui leans to Olimar, whispering soft so Flora can't hear. "This one has a plan. Do your best to keep the Carbon occupied and go through the front. She will give cause for your pursuers to put off the search for you and leave through the sewer."

She then turns to Lefty. "The plan is to use her as leverage to get out the front door. She is the Carbon's daughter. He would not let harm come to her, yes? Perhaps this is best left to someone who has better a way with words or a larger tiny ape brain."

Finally she stops and addresses Flora. "This one does not think the Carbon would treat us well, Little One. We have seen much too much. Were it me alone, none would have ever had cause to suspect invasion, but a group as large as ours and plans as poorly thought out..." She shrugs. "This one has many secrets still to uncover. As do you. Should we both work together, She suspects that many more secrets will be found in both our futures. If not, then it is a matter of one candle being snuffed for another. Not ideal, yes?" She rubs her paws together in frustration.

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 19, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar lets P'ui explain and falls back into his dour, angry dwarf mode, still staying near and watchful of Flora, but no longer trying to lead people since we all have a plan we're following as one now. He seems genuinely upset and a bit angry about things. He fidgets nervously and keeps flicking his hammer and mace lightly as if he really wants to bash the hell out of something.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Nessa raises an eyebrow.

"Eh? I happened to come at near the same time as that lady and her two bodyguards. One of the bodyguards sparred with Jaquelyn."
She looks at Carbon.
"You were there, they were sparring, you left, I followed you. What does robbing Jaquelyn have to do with me? I mean I didn't come in with anyone, I showed up on my own."

She shrugs. "What do I even have to do with anything? I've just been standing around all night after hearing your proposal."

zachol fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Feb 19, 2013

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Figuero Yhong

The mounting sense of urgency is palpable. Figuero cannot turn a blind eye to the danger of beast, but this was not a foe he could face this day. Before he fled, Figuero whipped out a chalk piece and large scroll of parchment, he quickly jots down the more legible runes left intact on the floor in front of the creature and stuff the rolled parchment back into the many folds of his vestments before heading out to follow the others.

((Figuero also changes his Stealth Synergy team feat to the "Escape Route" feat as a standard action during this))

420 Gank Mid fucked around with this message at 09:22 on Feb 19, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Theft is a small crime compared to whatever your father is doing, not to mention he probably has the intention of filling us with lead, Little Lady." Hecate explains to Flora. Gods, taking her as a hostage will not be easy... But it's a time of such needs. She then turns to Olimar, her voice turn quickly becoming incredibly cold and derisive. "And do not push me this kind of job, Dwarf. I only tried to gather information from Carbon, it was you who tried to take his infernal contraption like the bandit you are. And to be honest I'd rather use the Flayer as leverage, not the girl. There IS a reason it was not killed by him, but unfortunately we have two persons who'd slit the squid's throat as soon as possible."

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar looks confused, "Contraption? What are you talking about? I stole documents that prove Carbon was trying to bribe city officials." He looks at Hecate from the corner of his eyes, "You really are something else. The conclusions you jump to must take a hell of an imagination."

((OOC Note: Lefty is the one that did the pilfering and still, Hecate was not there she has no actual way of knowing what we took as it's triple wrapped inside a case, inside a bag, INSIDE Oli's backpack. No need for any meta gaming to start. Oli has, so far, only mentioned that we stole what we needed to prove Carbon was not on the straight and narrow. Oli did not mention exact items or contraptions.))

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Lefty looks more and more dismayed as Project: Lefty Gets Shot, In The Face, With A Gun keeps getting referred to as "a plan".

: "Look, look, we've got an actual dwarf tunneler and several magic-users here in this room right now. Right over yonder is a locked door leadin' to an escape route. Can we at least try to open it before we have a direct confrontation with Carbon, using the one negotiatin' chip we have that just happens to be the thing that's guaran-godsdamned-teed to piss him off the absolute most? Don't any of you guys have a door-openin' spell?"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The Guards close in and move to grab your arms and detain you, Vanessa. Peeking over the edge of the stairs this development is visible to the rest of you waiting at the South Fort Stairs.

Cyrus: "I've not seen any a' yer other guests leave tonight, m'lord."

Nick frowns: "We're under-staffed here. I'll need to check in the fort itself. But first off, miss knight, where's the rest of the party? Scarlet seems to have made herself scarce. Maybe you look rather clean, eh, but I've got a lot of missing pieces and you're the only one I can find."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Nessa glares at the guards. "Back off."
She nods at the Colonel, still glaring at them. "We're still talking, yeah? You won't need to drag me off, so stay off. Alright?"

She frowns at the Colonel.
"Now look, sir. I am trying not to be cross. Alright? I have not met the lady or those other two before today. We are not 'friends.' The last I saw of any of them, the one was sparring with Jaquelyn, and that lady was talking with you. You told me to come here and raise the alarm and send some guards up. I did that. Had a chat with this fellow here, stood about. I don't know anything about why he'd be stealing anything, it sounds, quite frankly, insane. I have no idea where they are. I have no idea where they could be. Presumably, if you say the second floor is clear, they must be below, trying to find a way out. Or they already left. But I can only guess."
She glances at the guards, then at Carbon.
"You say you're understaffed? Yeah, well, I'm here. I am still interested in your employ, still very interested in your device, despite my misgivings about your plans, and I am still willing to stay on. You have whatever honor and loyalty I can give, and if you knew anything about Lord Pembrook's knights you'd know what that means."

OOC: Not loving around. Nessa won't sabotage the mission, she still gave Richard her word, but unless Carbon dismisses or refuses her or she finds he's been seriously misrepresenting himself or lying, he has her loyalty. Previously she was on the fence, juggling, but this conflict has tipped it over.
Also if anything's not factually true in here it's because I made a mistake going over stuff.

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Oreom Bonne

"I've got a door opening spell fer ya," Oreom suggests, hefting the purloined mace up into the air with a little meaningful wiggle.

Honestly, he's been alternating parts bored, annoyed, and frustrated since he arrived. Carbon's got one of the enemies of all who live locked up, big whoop, he looked like the kind of dude who had some freaky habits. The big guy and the mouse were way overreacting as far as he had been concerned. But maybe that's because he was still focused on hoping against hope that he could find something to start a chain reaction with to burn the entire tinderbox above them to the ground, which would have all kinds of authorities finding this poo poo in their search later anyhow. Not having found such .. well, he was irritated. Almost as irritated as he had been with Olimar for totally co-opting the new pretty girl before he could even think of asking her if she fancied a "spar".

"An' can I just say, as a professional-like, the lot o' you have really botched this whole gig we got here," he added sagely. "Le's all hope it doesn't hurt my pay none," he continued, in the sort of casual way that suggested he'd just find some way to get their shares if that were the case before looking at Lefty direct. "Serious though, you want me to bash it in, or?" he asked, not much liking the idea of getting shot himself. He was too young, too talented, and too loving pretty for that.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "If you can't open it quiet, open it loud. I..."

Gods dammit.

"I'll go upstairs and try to hold them off or something -- without a hostage that'll get me shot, with a gun. Olimar, Pu'i, whether you wanna stay down here and open the escape route or try to keep the disguise running and come with me is your call. But somebody get that passage open, toot sweet."

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui lets out a groan of exasperation. "Cease this insufferable exercise of thought at once. The strain on your infinitesimal ape brains will surely be the death of us all! The plan needs no convincing words or reception. You have The Carbon's daughter. The Flora is all the insurance needed to get out the door... No disguise, no honeyed words, no excuse. The Carbon is a canny ape, to have stood fast against the Masters. Think you he will not find you out eventually? Think you he does not know who we are and who we serve? As long as you hold the girl the window of retaliation is short. Between our exit and when the Flora is secured. This one will insure that window does not exist. She will keep the hounds baying in the dark. Now stop thinking before you harm yourselves! Present The Flora. Leave through the front and take her with you. Once he has his daughter we will all be quite dead. Or did you not think what apes with dangerous secrets do to those who know their dangerous secrets?"

Mirthless fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Feb 20, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar seems a bit torn, he turns towards Lefty and then looks back at P'ui and says, "I would LOVE to go back out the way we came in, lad, but these are dwarven structures. Those fail safes are not MEANT TO BE EASILY broken into. They are to hold back the tides of the surface during a time of war. You have to access the main controls to recall the lock-down. I doubt a nonce with a hammer is gonna be able to chisel his way through like some sort of smoldering mining crew. I mean, maybe proper dwarves with proper mining tools, an excavator or two, but even then it would take a bit. Dwarves don't build stuff with it being able to 'fail' in mind." He pats Lefty and still looks conflicted, "I mean, I'm not saying we can't try, I just doubt the effectiveness of it."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "We're not breaking in. We're breaking out. Maybe that makes a difference."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Nick gives Vanessa a hard eye-to-eye look, then rolls his shoulders. "The worth of Lord Pembrook, eh? Alright then, but you stick with me. Cyrus, keep up the door watch. Mister Jamesson, if you could assist him? We'll find those robbers yet." He shifts the weight of his rifle around. "I'm gonna head down into the old fort, Cyrus. Keep a close eye out up here."

He gestures to Vanessa and one Guard to follow him and begins heading for the South Fort Stairs, which puts him on a direct collision course with the rest of the party.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Nessa sighs, nods, then follows on.

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui curses her luck, to deal with such frustratingly stupid apes. "This one is again very sorry, but The Flora is instrumental in our continued well being. You will understand there is no hard feelings, Yes? She will see you are returned to your father in due time." She tries her best as a smile but just comes off as kind of creepy.

She turns to Hecate and Oreom. "Less burdened by your ape brains, you are, She hopes. This one can not do all the thinking for Them. She will go to light a fire under the feet, and scurry back into the dark. There are many things in the basement, guards and men with blades, great in number, greater than you. The Carbon will only have a small retinue. And still, we miss one of our number, yes? Take the Flora to the front door, with the girl. Face down the master of this house if you must, he will yield, She is certain. Do not relinquish The Flora under any circumstance. Take her to where we will meet our employers. As long as you hold her, the Carbon is powerless. He can only hope to overwhelm, and This One will insure that he cannot. The Lefty and the Olimar must stay with you - She must move quietly and in the darkness to accomplish Her ends, alone. This one does not presume to tell you what to do or take command, but She knows the longer They stand in this unfavorable place, the more likely They are to be trapped here and seized."

P'ui breaks off from the group, heading for the barracks. She stays low to the ground and in the shadows:

Stealth: 1d20+14 19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

As the Barracks are unmanned and unguarded, P'ui's stealth automatically succeeds.

• Locked thread