Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
homercles
Feb 14, 2010

Billy Elliot posted:

I always jumped to stop spellcasting when you couldn't move around because you were max ranging your heals/cast. Or you could always bind space bar or some Ctrl+space to move forward to stop casting.

I take it the stopspellcasting() command wasn't in 1.12? Otherwise we wouldn't be talking about this?
It was in there since release (pressing Esc would invoke it if you were casting a spell), but consider that most EU and US players would have been playing under 50ms ping I guess there wasn't much impetus for change or many people seeking castbar mods out (or knowing that they even existed). I only recalled castbars with support for showing latency being a "thing" in TBC. My brother knew the guy who started up Lowerping, back in 2008 he'd put down a $400k deposit for a house, all that was made by running an ssh proxy service for Oceanic players to get around the WoW client not disabling the Nagle algorithm and perhaps some other stuff like pre-sending acks for packets yet to be received. That I could get my ping to be sub-200ms from it formerly being 350-450 was unusual.

It's bumming me out recalling all of this stuff, it took years of hounding for Blizzard to disable Nagle and add server-supported next-spell queueing. Which reminds me, got more "Please resub to WoW here's a great deal" mail, sure I could resub for $30 instead of $50 but surely you'd think they'd try and re-entice you by making the first hit free, but no. If I could play a month or two for free I probably would.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diotima
Jan 29, 2013
I can't stay away from wow, and I've always wanted to play vanilla. I'm Eter, a short mage.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
I can't believe I'm doing this poo poo again. How's the race/class makeup in the guild?

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

Fun Times! posted:

I can't believe I'm doing this poo poo again. How's the race/class makeup in the guild?

Roll whatever you want. There's lots of people of every class, but paladins and druids are a little undersubscribed.

Useful Idiot
Jun 11, 2009
I'm in as Anttifantti, dwarf paladin. 30 second seals and 5 minute blessings, oh my...

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Nutshot is hacking again

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

homercles posted:

I've been working on a castbar addon which displays latency and stops casting intelligently before new spells.

New version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed9mzpq5t7ozr9b/LagCast-0.99.2.zip

Changelog:
  • Allows display of custom cast bars (textures included) in addition to the standard cast bar.
  • Custom cast bars can be resized in addition to being moved (except for the standard Blizzard cast-bar, that can only be moved)
  • Added some more LagCast-behaviour configurability
  • Added some sweet sweet (but untested) doco to README.MACROS, read this if you're gonna use this mod for clever macro stuff (in case you have spells like Nature's Swiftness/Presence of Mind/whatever the priest one is)

After installing this mod, the first thing you want to type is:
  • /lc
If you have a mod that steals "/lc" (you probably don't) preventing it from working, then try:
  • /lagcast

ApeEscape
Apr 23, 2008
I really enjoy the mod, Homercles. keep up the awesome work!

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?
New version of LHCP!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4h86gqc9nzmx/lhcpV2.zip

You need to delete the LHCP files you already have and use this as a fresh install, otherwise just extract it to your addons folder. It's much bigger than the previous one mostly because people were scared by the fact that the other was a exe. I WAS JUST TRYING TO COMPRESS IT MORE OKAY GOSH. Hopefully /lhcp list will work properly now and there will be less errors. Make sure you try out the new /lgw and /lgwtheme !

Firos
Apr 30, 2007

Staying abreast of the latest developments in jam communism

homercles posted:

New version: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ed9mzpq5t7ozr9b/LagCast-0.99.2.zip

Changelog:
  • Allows display of custom cast bars (textures included) in addition to the standard cast bar.
  • Custom cast bars can be resized in addition to being moved (except for the standard Blizzard cast-bar, that can only be moved)
  • Added some more LagCast-behaviour configurability
  • Added some sweet sweet (but untested) doco to README.MACROS, read this if you're gonna use this mod for clever macro stuff (in case you have spells like Nature's Swiftness/Presence of Mind/whatever the priest one is)

After installing this mod, the first thing you want to type is:
  • /lc
If you have a mod that steals "/lc" (you probably don't) preventing it from working, then try:
  • /lagcast

You're the best.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Has anyone had their character auto disconnect after logging in? Does a GM have to reset something?

e: I managed to move the character out of the spot that was auto disconnecting... weeeeird.

mewse fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Feb 17, 2013

Suran37
Feb 28, 2009

HeroComplex posted:

New version of LHCP!

http://www.filefactory.com/file/4h86gqc9nzmx/lhcpV2.zip

You need to delete the LHCP files you already have and use this as a fresh install, otherwise just extract it to your addons folder. It's much bigger than the previous one mostly because people were scared by the fact that the other was a exe. I WAS JUST TRYING TO COMPRESS IT MORE OKAY GOSH. Hopefully /lhcp list will work properly now and there will be less errors. Make sure you try out the new /lgw and /lgwtheme !

I assume this requires me to leave WoW's sound on?

HeroComplex
Jan 1, 2005

Why do I keep doing this to myself?

Suran37 posted:

I assume this requires me to leave WoW's sound on?

I'm not totally sure but I think it counts as character sound. Mess with sound options a bit to see if it works.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Holy poo poo, I forgot how hard it is to make money in vanilla. Granted, my dude is only like, level 12, but still. I bought the sword skill and it wiped out a third of my dough. My precious 10 silver! How much money do y'all have? I have to reacquaint myself with a currency that isn't super inflated by multiple expansions. Hopefully some chumps will buy the crap I posted on the AH, and I'll get one of those fancy GOLD coins!

<--- Cig

Fallen Paladin
Aug 29, 2012
Worst. Paladin. Ever.

Drink Cheerwine posted:

Holy poo poo, I forgot how hard it is to make money in vanilla. Granted, my dude is only like, level 12, but still. I bought the sword skill and it wiped out a third of my dough. My precious 10 silver! How much money do y'all have? I have to reacquaint myself with a currency that isn't super inflated by multiple expansions. Hopefully some chumps will buy the crap I posted on the AH, and I'll get one of those fancy GOLD coins!

<--- Cig

Hahaha yeeeeah.

Hovering around 50+ G right now at 37. Was forsaking grinding for Leveling. Now need to grind Elementals to get that mount!

-Loviatar

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Plum Island Animal Disease Research Center. Sounds charming.
In order to have enough money for mount at 40, you need to not buy a lot of your skills, and grind a bunch. Basilisks in shimmering flats, or elementals in the badlands are good.choices.

Gathering professions never shirt either. Also, there's a large enough population that you could sell some of the better stuff you find on the AH (Potions, wicked claws, etc)

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005
I can't remember when they introduced reputation discounts. I know Honored gets you 10% but I'm thinking exalted gets you an additional 10%, if so that's 20g off the level 40 mount (18 skill / 2 mount) which is pretty nice. Of course getting to exalted is tricky especially if you do a lot of grinding instead of questing.

Billy Elliot
Jul 7, 2011

Space Pirate

Will Styles posted:

I can't remember when they introduced reputation discounts. I know Honored gets you 10% but I'm thinking exalted gets you an additional 10%, if so that's 20g off the level 40 mount (18 skill / 2 mount) which is pretty nice. Of course getting to exalted is tricky especially if you do a lot of grinding instead of questing.

Time to reroll human? I remember taking loans from my warlock and paladin friends or others that weren't near 40 yet. But sweet Jesus was no where as bad as getting your epic flying mount in TBC when you had no gold...

mewse
May 2, 2006

Will Styles posted:

There was no 10% for exalted, just honored. PvP Sergeant also gave an additional 10%.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

Yea with exalted rep discount its 88g total. 80 for riding and 8 for mount. 20% off both.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Exalted is 80g. 72 for training, 8 for mount.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

Can anybody add Zerase to the guild? I cannot seem to find any other way to hop on in with some goons.

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

If you're an STV allstar who ganks there often let me know, I have a mod that needs testing.

The sooner we can get this done the sooner I can move on to my next idea (which is awesome)

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde
Now that CrunkNutshotjuice has gotten the ball rolling on streamlining guild bank requests, I've been inspired to add some long unfinished functionality to the guild website.

When you visit http://getweirdwith.us now, you will see a checkout link floating at the bottom of the page. To select what items you need from the bank, simply click on the table rows corresponding to your desired items. You can deselect a row in the same fashion. When you select a row it will change colors to indicate your selection, and the item quantity will change from static text to an input field. You can use this input field to record how many you need of a particular item:

After you've selected all the items you desire, go ahead and click the checkout link. Afterwards the following confirmation dialog should popup:

Here you can confirm your selections or empty out your cart. If everything looks weird, just enter you character name, the password (alfalf) and click the checkout button at the bottom of the dialog popup. There are absolutely no restrictions on this form, I will probably add them in as I have time. So help me god, if you weirdos sql inject our site I will delete it so fast. Once you click the checkout button, an email is sent to bank officers and a reply is posted to the Guild Bank Request Thread with your request. Currently it just emails me, but if you're one of these people and are silly enough to want these notifications let me know.

If anyone has any comments/suggestions for this process let me know. I've already had a dream of creating a headless wow-client bank bot server for a long time to completely automate the bank, so if that was one of your suggestions consider it preempted.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

You beast, send me those f'n notifications. That's drat awesome.

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Anybody else having trouble logging in?

Keeps failing at "retreiving character list"

This is awesome, thanks for working on it.

Slightly unrelated, but is there any way to add "item level" to the listings?

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

lapse posted:

Anybody else having trouble logging in?

Keeps failing at "retreiving character list"

Yeah I am, I tried a couple of times and then the client completely poo poo the bed and crashed to desktop.

FutuerBear
Feb 22, 2006
Slippery Tilde

lapse posted:

Slightly unrelated, but is there any way to add "item level" to the listings?

Done! I can more or less pull anything about an item that would be stored in this mangos table item_template. Since the item level is stored directly in this table, it is a simple addition. I'd like to have more options for search the bank (stats, armor, whatnot), but some of that is a little more obscured.

Chawaka
Oct 26, 2007
That's it. This server blows. Time to go back to Carl's the best and we love him!

lapse
Jun 27, 2004

Haha, you guys are showing up for like 1 second as online, then it's saying you are disconnecting again.

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

I just logged in to Carl is the best and we love him! and there were 12 Alliance 60's on. Rip.

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
That bank poo poo owns.

Noah
May 31, 2011

Come at me baby bitch
Watcher here, I'll be back probably this weekend, super busy! But I haven't bailed out. Not yet.

Joebungaloe
Apr 3, 2007
So I DLed the no-install client, changed my realmlist file, and cannot connect.

I tried both using the wow.exe as well as the fenixlauncher, but neither gets me past the initial username and password screen of wow.

Oddly enough, using the fenixlauncher resets my realmlist file as well.

Thoughts on how to connect?

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

There's another step, install the connection patch - link here: http://www.emeralddream.com/guide

Colonelfarva
May 3, 2006

Joebungaloe posted:

So I DLed the no-install client, changed my realmlist file, and cannot connect.

I tried both using the wow.exe as well as the fenixlauncher, but neither gets me past the initial username and password screen of wow.

Oddly enough, using the fenixlauncher resets my realmlist file as well.

Thoughts on how to connect?

Do not use the feenixlauncher, just run wow.exe . Install the connection patch and make sure you realmlist is changed and you should be set.

Tamoka
Feb 19, 2013
Just made a character, really enjoying it. No big arrows pointing you in the quest direction, you have to read and do some searching yourself. Plenty of WSG starting so I'm hopefull about getting rank 11 some day too. Maybe its just the nostalgic feeling clouding my judgement but I see myself sticking around here for quite a while.

imatree
Nov 18, 2005
ok...

Grimey Drawer

Tamoka posted:

Just made a character, really enjoying it. No big arrows pointing you in the quest direction, you have to read and do some searching yourself. Plenty of WSG starting so I'm hopefull about getting rank 11 some day too. Maybe its just the nostalgic feeling clouding my judgement but I see myself sticking around here for quite a while.

I get ya, the joy of seeing that first gold earned is also pretty incredible!

Blazolie
Mar 19, 2006
I joined the SA forums and all I got was this title text.

homercles posted:

If you're an STV allstar who ganks there often let me know, I have a mod that needs testing.

The sooner we can get this done the sooner I can move on to my next idea (which is awesome)
Just finished beta testing this addon and let me tell you, it is quite something. Everyone get this add-on when it is released or I will cage you for eternity.

Also Homercles' next idea (I got inside info now) is indeed awesome and after seeing what he could do with this one, he might just pull it off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpankWich
Aug 31, 2005

What uhh, does it do.

• Locked thread