Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

BlackShadow posted:

I'm surprised they didn't shield Hughes from the vicious turning Indian pitches.

Spin bowling is the least of Hughes problems. I'm fairly positive he'll be one of the better players in this tour

Annnnnd #kissofdeath sees I'll be completely wrong.

Why Henriques tho? Why pick him? Why not Jackson Bird instead, surely his bowling would be more effective?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gay picnic defence
Oct 5, 2009

I'M CONCERNED ABOUT A NUMBER OF THINGS
Didn't they only go with one spinner? Isn't that a bad idea with the BCCI in pitch doctoring mode?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Smorgasbord posted:

England can gently caress right off whinging about not getting a dead ball call there, and the loving ICC need to clearly state it is a no-ball if the bowler disturbs the stumps at the non strikers end. And while they're at it, tighten up the sub fielding rules which England also abuse.

mmmmm lemme taste them tears. yessssssss.

Your lot are going to get royally hosed up the wrong un in the test series.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish

Cat Terrist posted:

Spin bowling is the least of Hughes problems. I'm fairly positive he'll be one of the better players in this tour

Annnnnd #kissofdeath sees I'll be completely wrong.

Why Henriques tho? Why pick him? Why not Jackson Bird instead, surely his bowling would be more effective?
Maybe, but I'm fairly sure c Swann b Anderson is going to be one of the more common dismissals in the Ashes for Hughes.

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

serious gaylord posted:

mmmmm lemme taste them tears. yessssssss.

Your lot are going to get royally hosed up the wrong un in the test series.

Listen, mate, there's this guy called Chris Martin and

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Yeah unless Hughes is coming in at 5 I don't see him seeing much of the spinners.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

thehappyprince posted:

Yeah unless Hughes is coming in at 5 I don't see him seeing much of the spinners.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

thehappyprince posted:

Hughes coming in at 5? That is the worst load of poo poo I have ever heard in my life. Get out you troll.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Chemi posted:

Maybe, but I'm fairly sure c Swann b Anderson is going to be one of the more common dismissals in the Ashes for Hughes.

It's no 'c Guptill b Martin' :colbert:

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Hyperriker posted:

Victoria/SA one-dayer going on right now, holy gently caress. Will Sheridan's 47th over might be the worst over I have ever seen live. This is poo poo

I was in Eden Park for the first T20 and got to see Jade Dernbach's final over, which featured a mere 9 extras

Mister Chief posted:

Our number 11 had the better of him so Dernbach decided to beam him.

serious gaylord posted:

Sorry mate but Dernbach is just that bad that he would do it by accident.

Basically this

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Also I flew over there on Qantas (BA subcontracted) and got to watch this lovely video every time I got on a plane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_ucd3uvpw

I don't know why they don't have the cricketers doing the oxygen mask bit though, surely they're really experienced at failing under pressure :confused:

thehappyprince posted:

For every wicket we lose Ashley Giles should receive one punch in the kidney.

Also for every run

[edit]

By any team at any level

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta

MrL_JaKiri posted:

I don't know why they don't have the cricketers doing the oxygen mask bit though, surely they're really experienced at failing under pressure :confused:
So close to a really good funny here, except you only use the masks due to a lack of pressure.

tongster
Jan 18, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post

MrL_JaKiri posted:

Also I flew over there on Qantas (BA subcontracted) and got to watch this lovely video every time I got on a plane:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NQ_ucd3uvpw

:lol: the applause as they trail down the aisle.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

It's all gold tbh

fuckpot posted:

So close to a really good funny here, except you only use the masks due to a lack of pressure.

Yeah I couldn't word it well but thought sod it, it's good enough for that video

[edit]

Although the failure of the pressurised cabin is what causes the problem soooo

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

The oxygen masks are used to get you high so you die relaxed.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Ponting got fined $250 for some incredibly bad behaviour, doesn't he know you're only allowed to throw things at opposition players?

quote:

As he was leaving the field of play, Ponting threw his bat into the air and it landed a couple of metres in front of him.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thehappyprince posted:

The oxygen masks are used to get you high so you die relaxed.

Yet another aussie doping scandal. smh.

tanglewood1420
Oct 28, 2010

The importance of this mission cannot be overemphasized
Joe Root's ODI career to date:

36 (50), 39 (57), 57* (61), 31 (49), 52 (64), 79* (56).

First player in ODI history to start their career with six consecutive scores over 30.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

30 is the one dayerest milestone

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

tongster posted:

:lol: the applause as they trail down the aisle.

Holy gently caress you are so right

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

what worries me about that video and flying on a plane in generally is they say the crew are going to sort out the emergency slide things but what happens if all the crew are dead? how am i gonna get out??

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

they should teach you how to open the doors and the slides.

also how to fly the plane just in case

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thehappyprince posted:

BA do all of this on their little cards, but they are so poorly made even someone who is English cannot decipher them.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

thehappyprince posted:

30 is the one dayerest milestone

That 57* must haunt him, he was so close to being a double thirturion.

Oh well, at least he got it this match (as well as Woakes getting his three for).

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

thehappyprince posted:

if you sit by the doors they show you how to open it, but what happens if the guy thats hogging all the legroom is dead as well????

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The brace position is designed to kill you so everyone is dead. Problem solved.

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

serious gaylord posted:

if you sit by the doors they show you how to open it, but what happens if the guy thats hogging all the legroom is dead as well????

Fortunately, the A380 comes equipped with battery-powered chainsaws for just such an exigency.

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Ricky Ponting is going to play for Surrey this year (can't wait to see him run out G. Smith, his captain). Why did I have to be cursed with growing up in South London and having this shower as my team?

notaspy fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Feb 21, 2013

jazzyhattrick
Jul 1, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

notaspy posted:

Ricky Ponting is going to play for Surrey this year (can't wait to see him run out G. Smith, his captain). Why did I have to be cursed with growing up in South London and having this shower as my team?

cheer up fellow surrey goon, at least we still have Jade Dernbach to strike fear into the hearts of the opposition batsmen.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

notaspy posted:

Ponting's only going to be there while Smith's off being insufferable with South Africa.
Shame, really. It'd be fun to watch Surrey continue to be poo poo with Smith and Ponting in the team.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
MCC are taking a hard line on solving the Finn problem: http://www.espncricinfo.com/mcc/content/current/story/605852.html

Making it a no ball might actually encourage him to change his run-up.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

goatface posted:

MCC are taking a hard line on solving the Finn problem: http://www.espncricinfo.com/mcc/content/current/story/605852.html

Making it a no ball might actually encourage him to change his run-up.

I don't really understand how a professional fast bowler can keep running into the stumps.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

just drop him forever imho

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

thehappyprince posted:

just drop him forever imho

As long as they give Dernbach the same punishment at the same time, I could probably live with this.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Finn has a whiff of complete bellend about him, but it's a bit harsh to put him in the same category as Dernbach.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
You watch. Flower will get replaced by Giles just before the ashes and Dernbach will be the opening bowler in the first test.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Part of me can't wait for Giles to take over. We'll go from Andy Flower, a hugely respected character and one of the best cricketers ever, to Ashley Giles. And the team will be poo poo and there'll be so much hatred... oh it's going to be just like the good old days.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Lionel RichTea posted:

Part of me can't wait for Giles to take over. We'll go from Andy Flower, a hugely respected character and one of the best cricketers ever, to Ashley Giles. And the team will be poo poo and there'll be so much hatred... oh it's going to be just like the good old days.

I cant wait. I'm looking forward to it so so so much.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

Post-Ashes please so we can laugh at the Aussies first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I can't wait for the return of mental selections. In my perfect world, the first Ashley Giles test squad will include Rikki Clarke and Chris Wright.

• Locked thread