Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greggy
Apr 14, 2007

Hands raw with high fives.
Tonight's live Improv4Humans was amazing. Tim Meadows, Sean Conroy and Horatio Sanz made for one of the best line-ups yet and they really went for it every scene. I'm a little bummed that this will probably mean there won't be a new episode on Thursday, but this one will definitely be worth listening to again so I'll survive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009
Good news , there's also non-live new episode, called Devil's Penis Pass. Kevin Dorff made a dark as hell joke about Sandy Hook near the beginning there.

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

davidHalestorm posted:

Kevin Dorff made a dark as hell joke about Sandy Hook near the beginning there.
Yeah that was weird. Nobody else wanted to get on board at all.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

tnimark posted:

It was still pretty funny, all things considered.

davidHalestorm
Aug 5, 2009

tnimark posted:

What's great about that is, Kevin started off by saying, "You know what bothers me about the Super Bowl", then he suddenly went on a Sandy Hook tangent. Someone posted this in the Earwolf forum:

Lukas Holmes from the Improv4Humans forum posted:

I think his point was 'can you believe some of these kids lived? I mean how could that guy get it wrong with a plan and with weapons, right?' in what was obviously an absurd take that he summed up being the only reason people would want insane people to have access to weapons, because if we can't take away the weapons then we must condone the actions of him and if condone the actions then we must want him to fully efficient at it. Very dark, very upsetting, very extreme but I think well made.

Which I also think that's what he was going for as well but you're right that they quickly moved on.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Politicalrancor posted:

Also somebody here got a suggestion on I4H. Congrats, you know who you are.

Was it me? Was it escalator?!

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Max22 posted:

Was it me? Was it escalator?!

sorry, it was the person who suggested Mudbutt

tnimark
Dec 22, 2009

Politicalrancor posted:

It was still pretty funny, all things considered.

Oh he totally brought it around when he finished his thought. He just let it linger for an uncomfortably long time before he made his point.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:
Goddamnit VPN why are you so quick with pulling the episode and then late to put it on Earwolf. I can't be up at 3 am on a thursday :argh:

Conduit for Sale!
Apr 17, 2007

What show was it? I completely forgot about that thing.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Scoobi posted:

Reality Show Show is Show Good. Episode 5 and 6 are insanely funny episodes to jump into if you wanna try it. Baked Potata!

I've jumped in to it recently... Was them not getting the "you're killing me, Smalls" thing a bit they do? Or have they seriously never seen The Sandlot? I honestly could not tell.

That said, the day in the life of Kevin Smith was amazing.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Do all Earwolf shows have ad breaks in the middle? I listen to a lot of podcasts and I've only noticed it on the Earwolf ones I listen to (Posehn's, Garlin's for example). Most of the other shows I listen to have the ads up front, like WTF or stuff on the Nerdist network. What's the reasoning behind that?

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

The Berzerker posted:

Do all Earwolf shows have ad breaks in the middle? I listen to a lot of podcasts and I've only noticed it on the Earwolf ones I listen to (Posehn's, Garlin's for example). Most of the other shows I listen to have the ads up front, like WTF or stuff on the Nerdist network. What's the reasoning behind that?

I don't know about that, Todd Glass takes 35 breaks a show. I'm pretty sure all earwolf shows do, but other podcasts outside of the network do it too (MBMBAM off the top of my head).

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I've jumped in to it recently... Was them not getting the "you're killing me, Smalls" thing a bit they do? Or have they seriously never seen The Sandlot? I honestly could not tell.

Yeah, it's a bit. In an earlier episode, they were trying to figure out who "Bueller" was.

Trujillo
Jul 10, 2007

Spraynard Kruger posted:

I think it's safe to assume that everything they say is a bit.

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

Trujillo posted:

I think it's safe to assume that everything they say is a bit.

Yes this, which is probably why I am in love with this show. 2 pretty good riffers/improvisers just bullshitting absolutely 100% of the time. loving ownzone.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Beeez posted:

Speaking of, is Analyze Phish still worth listening to even if I like but don't love Phish and thus don't care whether or not Scott Aukerman enjoys them?

I fell asleep during the first episode of Analyze Fish.... but now I'm thinking I may have to go back and give it a re-listen because I really liked the second episode.

I enjoyed all the Analyze Phish episodes, especially the first one with Adam Scott... ep 2 I think?

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

A lot of the Earwolf shows have ad breaks that double as performer breaks, so when they come back from their break, you come back from yours and it's all natural.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Eltoasto posted:

I don't know about that, Todd Glass takes 35 breaks a show. I'm pretty sure all earwolf shows do, but other podcasts outside of the network do it too (MBMBAM off the top of my head).

Todd only takes so many breaks a show because Chris Hardwick makes him. :v:

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib
When does the drat live I4H come up as a full episode? I must watch it!

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

Fallen Rib

Politicalrancor posted:

Also somebody here got a suggestion on I4H. Congrats, you know who you are.

You know, how do they pass up mudbutt for chair lift?

Edit: And gosh what a bad episode for my suggestion to finally get taken. :( I did not get into this one at all. Though I did really like the bit about the hot mics.

Jerkface fucked around with this message at 05:26 on Feb 25, 2013

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers

Scoobi posted:

When does the drat live I4H come up as a full episode? I must watch it!

Thursday, same as the audio.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
If you're ok with spoiling guests for yourself, click through to get hyped for tomorrow's Reality Show Show.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica
Yaay! That's great.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Mr. Squishy posted:

If you're ok with spoiling guests for yourself, click through to get hyped for tomorrow's Reality Show Show.

They don't even have time for the last two shows in the theme song

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
It took PFT to get me to try it, but I really love the Reality Show Show. It's like Sklarbro Country, if I didn't find the Sklar Brothers really tiring

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

xbilkis posted:

It took PFT to get me to try it, but I really love the Reality Show Show. It's like Sklarbro Country, if I didn't find the Sklar Brothers really tiring

They are delightfully sarcastic. The PFT ep was a good one.

Also why did the Thursday I4H not drop today? Want to hear Meadows :(

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.
It's not Thursday.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!

xbilkis posted:

It took PFT to get me to try it, but I really love the Reality Show Show. It's like Sklarbro Country

Same here, but I'm reminded more of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.

PFT could even make me give Uh Yeah Dude another shot. Swear to God.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

Goose Halo posted:

It's not Thursday.

They sit on eps for a full week before posting the full thing to VPN or the rss feed?

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
They will if that's when the podcast usually releases. Regardless of the podcast chosen, Earwolf streams it live the same time every Thursday. The recording of the video is released alongside the audio as the next week's episode of said podcast.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Eltoasto posted:

They sit on eps for a full week before posting the full thing to VPN or the rss feed?
I'm not really sure what's going on. I checked the small clip they posted on thursday and an annotation said it was going to be posted later that day and stay tuned.
Chalking it up to baby steps.

e: I wouldn't really care unless for the fact that I really, really love the show and the fact that I miss it for a week because it's streamed at 3 am is killing me :negative:

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
I think we got spoiled by CBB doing two shows a week, with one being live.

Politicalrancor
Jan 29, 2008

Politicalrancor posted:

They don't even have time for the last two shows in the theme song

I guess I was wrong because they had time for an extra long "show" this week.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Nemo posted:

Same here, but I'm reminded more of Mike and Tom Eat Snacks.

PFT could even make me give Uh Yeah Dude another shot. Swear to God.

Why would you need PFT to give a second shot to the best non-Earwolf podcast around?

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Eltoasto posted:

Honestly, I don't get VPN. They have 34 videos on their YouTube channel and 31 of those are unlisted. The only reason I got to see the first I4H video was because someone on the forums posted a direct link.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

Not sure if Jeff Ulrich still checks this thread, but it would be nice with a clarification on how the schedule works with the VPN and Earwolf setup.

Could the wait between live and readily available on Earwolf be shortened, why is it so long between?

Also, what happened to the first liveshow with Tom Lennon, was the sound unsalvageable?

EmotionlessThug
Feb 14, 2012

Zsinjeh posted:

Also, what happened to the first liveshow with Tom Lennon, was the sound unsalvageable?

I watched the video of it before they took it down and I don't think it was a very good show, if that's any consolation

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

On the other hand I though it was a great show with one of the greatest WYRs of all time. I'm sad they never put it back up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Urk!
Sep 5, 2008

goobers
Yeah, I enjoyed that episode too. I would watch it again.