Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Lionel RichTea posted:

Nathan Lyon is a poor man's Nathan Hauritz.

Lyon was the one who was the Adelaide groundsman wasn't he

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GorgeOnMySyphilis
Mar 3, 2012

What ever happened to Hauritz? He fell from grace rather quickly if I recall, although I'm not sure why. Surely he wasn't as average as Lyon?

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I just want to know what the hell Starc has done to be picked ahead of Bird?

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Cocksmith posted:

I just want to know what the hell Starc has done to be picked ahead of Bird?

Starc's good, just not on this pitch. Also can bat a bit.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Warner has gastro apparently. If Cowan does poorly here and Watson does well, that will have to mean Watson will take his spot as opener.

Cricinfo commentary man seems a little upset

quote:

The umpires might be getting quite a few of these lbw calls wrong, but I tell you what, they have been alert with one thing: when Ashwin came out to bat, they counted the number of logos on his pad straps, and reported him duly for breaching the ICC code of conduct, and fined him 10 per cent of the match fee. Go figure. Would DRS have made this part of their job easier

quote:

"Is there a rule for the no. of logos on PAD STRAPS too?" Yes, Mithun, there is, and is more sacred and important than knowing the lbw law

Centusin fucked around with this message at 06:27 on Feb 25, 2013

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Hyperriker posted:

Starc's good, just not on this pitch. Also can bat a bit.

Good one day bowler but he has a first class average of nearly 32.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8

Cocksmith posted:

Good one day bowler but he has a first class average of nearly 32.

poo poo pitches, but I mean here it wouldn't matter. Either way you go it's a dirt track batting paradise. Starc's not the only one who's been pasted

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Scylo posted:

Warner has gastro apparently. If Cowan does poorly here and Watson does well, that will have to mean Watson will take his spot as opener.

No, Watson as opener wasn't particularly successful either. It worked OK when the rest of the team was good but after a bright start he faded there. I think 4-6 is right for him. Not saying Cowan's got a tight hold on it though, but as usual, who else would you put it?

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and predict a draw. 5 sessions remaining, say around 450 runs in them. Anything over 300 for the Aussies and India need 120+ in just under 2 sessions.

Edit: Hilarious, Ashwin got fined 10% of his match fee for having too many logos on his pads.

Unimpressed fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Feb 25, 2013

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I wouldn't have Watson as opener, but he's been publicly saying he wants it, he opened in the Warm-up matches and a lot of people would like to see Cowan get dropped. I think we definitely need Cowan for England, but I don't really have a clue where the selectors are leaning.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

The problem with the people wanting to see Cowan dropped is that there's no one really putting their hand up to replace him (or Watson at 4-6 if he goes back to opening). There are plenty of names being thrown around, and everyone has their favourite state player, but really, at this point the selectors are probably just going to stick with him until at least the first ashes series. With less than a month of Sheffield, there's not much of a chance for someone else to make an impression they haven't made so far.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Nice double century for Lyon.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

I wonder why we still have Watson in the Test side

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

You Am I posted:

I wonder why we still have Watson in the Test side

hmmm good point

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Two bad teams.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
One of them is better than England though

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Scylo posted:

One of them is better than England though

Both were thoroughly beaten the last time they played England so I think you're either drunk or stupid.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Phil Hughes just got bounced out by a spinner so I take back what I said

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

What happens to Australian cricket if Clarke gets seriously injured?

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

Mister Chief posted:

What happens to Australian cricket if Clarke gets seriously injured?
Something similar to what just happened to Pakistan in South Africa, I imagine.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP
This is some monumentally dull cricket, India trying to bore Australia into submission while waiting for the pitch to make a ball misbehave. Clarke was probably out too if they'd had DRS, what a shame. Hope he makes a triple ton now.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Yeah, kiss of death on Hughes being able to play spin.

Hyperriker
Nov 1, 2008

ur fukt m8
:lol: at the very concept of cricket

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
I hazard to raise this again but I can't see how it's good for Australia that Clarke comes in to save the day when Australia are 3 down for absolutely nothing. Unless it's proven that he can't bat for poo poo any higher than 5, I can't understand why he does.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Clarke's out, game over

Cocksmith
Dec 28, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Chemi posted:

I hazard to raise this again but I can't see how it's good for Australia that Clarke comes in to save the day when Australia are 3 down for absolutely nothing. Unless it's proven that he can't bat for poo poo any higher than 5, I can't understand why he does.

Batting for his average imo.

Chemi
Jan 1, 2004

foppish
Wait. Did Australia change their opening pair in the middle of a test match? Did Warner get injured or something?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Warner had some gastro.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

He has a nasty case of Delhi belly.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

Mister Chief posted:

He has a nasty case of Delhi belly.

(Much to the amusement of all the lads)

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost

GorgeOnMySyphilis posted:

What ever happened to Hauritz? He fell from grace rather quickly if I recall, although I'm not sure why. Surely he wasn't as average as Lyon?

I thought the same thing so I checked their averages at around the same time in their career and Lyon was actually a few runs per wicket better than Hauritz. Hauritz was easily a better batsman though.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Chemi posted:

There's this really cool website with stats called Cricinfo you should have a look at sometime

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Lead of 8, could still win this. Moises has done pretty well this match.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Hoping against hope here. Can't believe with one wicket left Dhoni didn't take the extra half hour, what a dickhead.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Cat Terrist posted:

There's this really cool website with stats called Cricinfo you should have a look at sometime

I just looked and they seem to suggest Australia are poo poo :confused:

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

at least we know it's accurate

Seksiness
Aug 24, 2006
I screwed your grandma and all I got was this lousy custom title... and herpes
In case anyone missed Hughes failing against a shorter ball (from a spinner) here is the video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxrmp2_jadeja-to-hughes-out_sport

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

Haha he is terrible.

The coverage there could do with a few more ads, I almost got through that clip without an overriding desire to consume.

Drugs
Jul 16, 2010

I don't like people who take drugs. Customs agents, for example - Albert Einstein
Use Havell's fast trip RCCB/MCB for totally shock proof life

notaspy
Mar 22, 2009

Seksiness posted:

In case anyone missed Hughes failing against a shorter ball (from a spinner) here is the video http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xxrmp2_jadeja-to-hughes-out_sport

My god, that's the worst pitch I've ever seen.

Also, lol Hughes. I look forward to seeing you get out many, many time this summer, winter and next summer again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

notaspy posted:

My god, that's the worst pitch I've ever seen.

Also, lol Hughes. I look forward to seeing you get out many, many time this summer, winter and next summer again.

It looks even worse in better resolutions. You'd think they had an impromptu music festival on it every evening.

• Locked thread