Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
alg
Mar 14, 2007

A wolf was no less a wolf because a whim of chance caused him to run with the watch-dogs.

Incredible visuals, again. This really really makes up for the droid episodes. Barriss Offee in the shadows. Assaj Ventress as a bounty hunter. I love the Coruscant underworld :fap:

I hope it's not Barriss :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decius
Oct 14, 2005

Ramrod XTreme

alg posted:

I hope it's not Barriss :(

Me too :( But it seems everything points in that direction (she sent Ahsoka to the warehouse after all, female, athletic, can wield lightsabers (even if usually only one) and the Force. But I can't fathom any reason why she would bomb the Jedi Temple (which seems they set her up for) or otherwise kill the bomber and then shuffle the blame. Killing the bomber and then surrendering or killing the bomber in a way nobody suspects anything, sure, but killing her and then setting up her (as far as we know) best friend for it? Seems very far from the Barriss we've seen in the last 5 seasons, even if - for example - Dooku kidnapped Master Luminara Unduli or something to blackmail her into it)

Otherwise incredible impressive episode, the amount of new stuff to render in that high detail must have cost them a fortune.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Decius posted:

Me too :( But it seems everything points in that direction (she sent Ahsoka to the warehouse after all, female, athletic, can wield lightsabers (even if usually only one) and the Force. But I can't fathom any reason why she would bomb the Jedi Temple (which seems they set her up for) or otherwise kill the bomber and then shuffle the blame. Killing the bomber and then surrendering or killing the bomber in a way nobody suspects anything, sure, but killing her and then setting up her (as far as we know) best friend for it? Seems very far from the Barriss we've seen in the last 5 seasons, even if - for example - Dooku kidnapped Master Luminara Unduli or something to blackmail her into it)

Otherwise incredible impressive episode, the amount of new stuff to render in that high detail must have cost them a fortune.

Master Unduli possesses the same traits you list for Barriss and would have less reservations about framing Ahsoka since they were never very close. She may have been tracking Ahsoka's movements through wire tapping her padawan's communicator or planting a listening device in her room. The more I watch the more I'm of the opinion that Barriss' behavior is simply a ploy to get the audience to focus on her so much that they completely ignore the fact that Luminara has been suspiciously absent this entire story-arc.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern
I really don't think the assassin will turn out to be anyone but Barriss. If the writers have any sense of structure and the principle of Chekhov's gun, it won't be anyone who hasn't been seen in the arc so far. It'll be interesting to hear her motives and rationale though.

(Mental note: never read the forums on theforce.net again - some people there are seriously convinced it'll be an EU video game character.)

nacirema
Nov 18, 2008
Didn't someone in the show mentioned that Luminara Unduli was killed in battle a few episodes ago?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
I don't want it to be Barriss :smith:

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

PaganGoatPants posted:

I don't want it to be Barriss :smith:

Anything else would be unduli complicated.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

nacirema posted:

Didn't someone in the show mentioned that Luminara Unduli was killed in battle a few episodes ago?

Perhaps your thinking of Adi Gallia? I don't remember Luminara dying on-screen and her Wookieepedia page still insists that she died during Order 66.

Dave Syndrome posted:

Anything else would be unduli complicated.

[gandalf]I suppose you think that was terribly clever.[/gandalf]

Lady Gagazula fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Feb 25, 2013

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Island3 posted:

[gandalf]I suppose you think that was terribly clever.[/gandalf]

No need to get saesee, kit. Let's call it even I and promise I won't do it agen.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Dave Syndrome posted:

No need to get saesee, kit. Let's call it even I and promise I won't do it agen.

Yoda man! :getin:

Kellanved
Sep 7, 2009
Great episode!

I don't really care that much about Ahsoka but I hope they won't kill Ventress in some bullshit redemption death scene. Well, they shouldn't kill her at all - she's awesome.
Both Ahsoka and the Jedi Council are morons, I'm not even going to bother to point out the specific instances.

Kellanved fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Feb 25, 2013

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007

Kellanved posted:

I don't really care that much about Ahsoka but I hope they won't kill Ventress in some bullshit redemption death scene. Well, they shouldn't kill her at all - she's awesome.

After the recent business with Viszla and Satine, I thought for a second that Ventress might be killed in that episode when Barriss (:colbert:) struck her down.

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
Very good story arc so far. More of this and less droids next season, please.

Also, it has to be Bariss. The first thing she always asked everytime when talking to Ahsoka was: "Where are you?". That's a bit too heavy on the red herring side if she wasn't the culprit.

thelaughingman
Mar 14, 2005
oooh I like madness!

It would be an interesting development if Bariss does get away with murder and Ahoska takes the fall. This would be a greater motivation for his turn to the dark side and a growing hatred of the jedi.

Edit: made a screw up.

thelaughingman fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Feb 28, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Spoiler: Small clip from next episode https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c-7rg_YM0ls

Anakin looks angry.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Yeah, these episodes have been really loving good! I think that fugitive scene at the end of the first part where Ahsoka tells Anakin to trust her might be the most emotionally resonating moment of the whole show for me - there was some incredibly expressive animation at work there. I only wish it could be this good every week.

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

thelaughingman posted:

It would be an interesting development if Bariss does get away with murder and Ahoska takes the fall. This would be a greater motivation for his turn to the dark side and a growing hatred of the jedi.

That does seem to be the ultimate outcome of all this. If that's the case, I tend to think that Sidious would be orchestrating the whole thing for Anakin's benefit/downfall. But so far, I can't see how Sidious would have any connection to Barriss. Unless Barriss really did start acting alone and Sidious just took advantage of the situation to work to his advantage and further his own agenda. As usual.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Sith Happens posted:

That does seem to be the ultimate outcome of all this. If that's the case, I tend to think that Sidious would be orchestrating the whole thing for Anakin's benefit/downfall. But so far, I can't see how Sidious would have any connection to Barriss. Unless Barriss really did start acting alone and Sidious just took advantage of the situation to work to his advantage and further his own agenda. As usual.

Yeah, we've literally just had an arch to make the point that Sidious takes the rule of two thing very seriously.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I want to know where Maul is during all of this.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Sith Happens posted:

Yeah, it seems pretty obvious that Sidious is behind all this, so they can get Ahsoka out of Anakin's life before the Episode 3 timeline begins. Although all signs point to Barriss, I don't actually think she's evil - maybe she's doing it against her will or maybe it's all just a ruse.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
More clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQBQ0XIQuiI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuZcZFY_Akw

Saturniid19
Aug 1, 2006
brought to you by North Central Positronics
New Palpatine = Pennywise

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/bryan-young/tim-curry-star-wars_b_2776241.html

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
We all float down here, and you will too, young Jedi.

mmtt
May 8, 2009
For those interested in the upcoming 1313 SW game, and I'm a bit more since the beginning of this arc with all the Coruscant level stuff, things don't look so hot now : http://kotaku.com/5987674/the-strange-status-of-star-wars-1313-a-hot-game-with-an-uncertain-future

Might just be your usual rumour mill, or Disney might have put the nails on the coffin here.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

I never had much faith in that game, since Lucasarts barely qualifies as a developer these days.

Anyway, I didn't know the old Palpatine voice actor died. That's terrible, but I'm pretty stoked about Tim Curry :allears:

Sith Happens
Jun 7, 2005

You will find that it is you
who are mistaken.

About a great many things.

Hakkesshu posted:

Anyway, I didn't know the old Palpatine voice actor died. That's terrible, but I'm pretty stoked about Tim Curry :allears:

Interesting connection: Tim Curry was originally hired to be the voice of The Joker for Batman: The Animated Series. His take on the character ended up being a little too dark for what the producers wanted, so they had to hire another voice actor to take over as The Joker. In comes Mark Hamill, and the rest is history.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I'm just a little confused. Was there a previous Star Wars CGI show with a similar name? Should I watch this from Season 1?

I could've swore hearing about a change in the direction of this show, and that there'd be a "jumping on" point. Sorry for the dumb question.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
There was a previous micro-series cartoon about the Clone Wars as well. It takes place very early in the war and then jumps to the end right before Revenge of the Sith.

This series takes place in the middle over a long period of time. Both series re-writes as they want what's been established in the war, but both are solid. The earlier cartoon is a bit more fanciful with the Jedi powers, this one is a bit more like the movies. (Though they can go full out crazy with lightsaber battles sometimes). You can watch this series in air order if you want, which is the arrangement on the DVD and BRs. However it recently entered syndication and is being aired in chronological order. The episodes of the first few seasons jump around in the timeline. They do that this season as well, but generally just re-arranged within the time of the season, rather than going far back. If you wish to try the chronological viewing, see my post of the first page for the most recent official list order. They're not too far along yet though, still have several seasons of material to air, so only about 25% of the order is listed so far.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Your post has S1 and S2. Does this mean then S3-5 can be watched in the order it aired in?

... Or were you talking about the previous micro series? :psyduck:

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

I can't wait to entertain you.
I'm talking about the current series. Feel free to just watch seasons 1 to now in air order as found on the DVDs and BRs. No need to make it complicated, the chronological viewing will be more of interest once all the episodes air in syndication and that order is set.

So in simple terms:

Star Wars: The Clone Wars [2008 CGI Film], then Seasons 1 through 5.

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

Well, that was quite a season finale. I don't think it could really have happened any other way, honestly. I'm betting we aren't going to see more than one or two additional seasons either.

Killing Ahsoka would've been too heavy for the age group they're targetting, really. Having her leave like this means the canon stays mostly intact.
Unfortunately Barriss' mostly correct opinion would have more impact if she hadn't acted in such an evil way, though. I'm disappointed they went that black and white for it.
The duel between Barriss and Anakin was pretty cool, you could really tell she had absolutely no chance against him even if it lasted a while.

You can feel the series undertones have gotten darker, the Republic is basically fascist already, the Jedi Council is corrupt or incompetent (or both). I'm guessing the next season will lead to Ep3

Daynab fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 2, 2013

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Daynab posted:

Well, that was quite a season finale. I don't think it could really have happen any other way, honestly. I'm betting we aren't going to see more than one or two additional seasons either.

Killing Ahsoka would've been too heavy for the age group they're targetting, really. Having her leave like this means the canon stays mostly intact.

How have you seen it already? :stare:

Daynab
Aug 5, 2008

It aired tonight in French on Teletoon in Quebec, I'm not entirely sure how they managed to get the license to do that though.

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Wow. I actually teared up a little at the end. Very cool of them to let the music run through the credits without the usual fanfare and Clone Wars theme, and even without the Artoo bleeping sounds - it made the impact of the scene all the more powerful.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Does no one fall off these floating platforms?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Well that was heavy :stare:

Test Pattern
Dec 20, 2007

Keep scrolling, clod!
I'm hoping the series makes the jump to a Disney station intact, but if it doesn't, I'm happy with this as a series finale. All I want to know now is if Vader (or, ugh, Starkiller) hunts her.

Lady Gagazula
Aug 13, 2005

Can't read my
Can't read my
No he can't read my
Joker Face
Melman

Island3 posted:

Did anyone see Luminara Unduli at the council meeting?

Island3 posted:

Just re-watched this scene. Master Unduli is a total no-show. Doesn't even appear via hologram. How curious :pipe:

mmtt
May 8, 2009
At the end of the episode, did the Jedi Order basically say 'look, we sorry so here's your promotion to Jedi Knight, we cool' ?

It makes them sound pretty lame.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
The Jedi Council stinks and always has.

They're just a glorified grade school PTA group who can't wipe their own asses without discussing it with one another for hours on end, first.

• Locked thread