Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Pablo Gigante posted:

That actually sounds pretty interesting, maybe I should read those drat books

It is less interesting than it sounds, sadly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
The first two books are just throwaway, but decent, young adult lit.

The third is a clusterfuck of bad ideas and I can't wait to see them try to make 2 movies out of it because there's barely any content, all of which is really dull.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
New international IM3 poster

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Paul Allen posted:

New international IM3 poster

That's a great blockbuster poster.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.
Is there a business reason most Marvel films get an international release before a US release? I don't mind getting it later, but IM2, Thor, Avengers...all released in the UK and other territories a week before the US.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av
Was it called Avengers Assemble in some markets?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

beanieson posted:

Yeah, in the UK primarily because "The Avengers" refers to something much more well known in UK pop culture.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

beanieson posted:

I don't know about worldwide but in the UK it was. I think it's a better name myself.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Irish Joe posted:

She's the next DeNiro. :allears:

I hate to say this but one of the first things I noticed in the promos for Silver Linings Playbook was that she now had cleavage.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo

Paul Allen posted:

Awesome new building ad for Game of Thrones

Aren't these usually the kind of ads that have to be pulled because they start causing accidents?

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
What the hell am I even looking at?

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

What the hell am I even looking at?

A dragon shadow projected onto a real building.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"
A similar style ad:

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!
They should have just put Daenarys cleavage on the building-poster, nobody is watching that show for 5 seconds of middling dragon CGI.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

BonoMan posted:

A dragon shadow projected onto a real building.

Oh nice, dwaggins.

Slasherfan
Dec 2, 2003
IS IT WRONG THAT I ONCE WROTE A HORROR STORY ABOUT THE BUDDIES? YOU KNOW, THE TALKING PUPPIES?

beanieson posted:

I heard it was because of this TV series. I don't know if they own the title The Avengers in the UK or if it was just to avoid confusion or memories of that awful 1998 movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/reference

Hewlett
Mar 4, 2005

"DANCE! DANCE! DANCE!"

Also, drink
and watch movies.
That's fun too.

Slasherfan posted:

I heard it was because of this TV series. I don't know if they own the title The Avengers in the UK or if it was just to avoid confusion or memories of that awful 1998 movie.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/reference

Yeah, the original show is a huge cultural thing in Britain, so they just wanted to avoid confusion.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
Hopefully closer to Insidious than Saw.

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Red_Museum posted:

Hopefully closer to Insidious than Saw.

What's a Conjurang?

Nice poster I think.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

That's a cool poster.

jet sanchEz
Oct 24, 2001

Lousy Manipulative Dog

QuoProQuid posted:

I really do enjoy when movies advertise via in-universe products and promotions. Given what happens in Catching Fire, I really do like that poster.

I like this idea too and I know I have seen some examples of it but I cannot for the life of me remember any that are not part of a huge ARG. Can anyone think of any?

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)

jet sanchEz posted:

I like this idea too and I know I have seen some examples of it but I cannot for the life of me remember any that are not part of a huge ARG. Can anyone think of any?

Didn't the Red Dawn remake have a bunch of fake propaganda posters too?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

jet sanchEz posted:

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

Paul Allen posted:

Awesome new building ad for Game of Thrones

I see a woman with long, black, wind-swept hair.

jet sanchEz posted:

Prometheus had a few promoting products from Weyland Industries.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Tomero_the_Great posted:

Prometheus had a few promoting products from Weyland Industries.

I believe those were part of an ARG for the film, though.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not a poster, but...

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Darthemed posted:

Not a poster, but...

I remember wanting that phone so bad. I am so glad I couldn't afford it, because I'd have been stuck with that dumbass thing for a while.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

casa de mi padre posted:

They should have just put Daenarys cleavage on the building-poster, nobody is watching that show for 5 seconds of middling dragon CGI.

Both are awesome things :colbert:

Echo Chamber posted:

Aren't these usually the kind of ads that have to be pulled because they start causing accidents?

I thought that was only for whatever movie the poster was for where it made the building look like it had a big hole blown out of it?

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

I like it

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

UK character posters for Trance.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

kiimo posted:

Are we really doing this, Los Angeles? Are we really letting Sasha Grey become a movie star?

I have to hand it to her for selecting roles where she plays intentionally dis-likable characters.

casa de mi padre posted:

The dude looks ridiculous but this is the first time I've actually seen Jennifer Lawrence and understood why people think she's "fat". She has kind of round cheeks.

Oh gently caress off. You people are worse than my friend who calls Mary Elizabeth Weinsted fat.

Those UK posters for Trance are going for a pretty interesting colour scheme.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Mary Elizabeth Winstead and Jennifer Lawrence are both loving gorgeous young women.

Internet Males should chomp down on a cyanide capsule.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I'm all for Sasha Grey doing more movies since I saw her Top 5 movie picks - that's a pretty goddamn cool selection.

Hopefully this upcoming project is better than the huge turd that was I Melt With You.

leokitty
Apr 5, 2005

I live. I die. I live again.
Jennifer Lawrence has the chipmunk cheeks girls that age have sometimes and they are adorable, and she is gorgeous. People who call ladies the size of Jennifer Lawrence "fat" have no idea what bodies actually look like.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

These seem to be getting better.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

TheBigBudgetSequel posted:

I remember wanting that phone so bad. I am so glad I couldn't afford it, because I'd have been stuck with that dumbass thing for a while.

Me too. gently caress it, I still want that goddamn thing. It's pretty cool movie memorabilia, I think.

Also, "I'm in."

casa de mi padre
Sep 3, 2012
Black people are the real racists!

CaptainHollywood posted:

Oh gently caress off. You people are worse than my friend who calls Mary Elizabeth Weinsted fat.
I wasn't calling her fat, I said I understood why other people do. You stupid argumentative oval office.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Some French posters for The Place Beyond the Pines - 3 for the top billed stars (no love for Ray Liotta. That's just sad) and 1 that is basically the American one minus the floating heads.

Also, a poo poo awful one that I think is Swedish(?). The language looks Scandinavian.

It's amazing how tonally different from the American poster this is. They took the American poster, removed the graininess, changed the photo of Eva Mendes to another shot of her that doesn't look so grim and then airbrushed the gently caress out of everything. According to the blurb in the Eva Mendes poster, the film is a great noir, but you wouldn't know that from this version. If anything, it looks like some sort of coming-of-age melodrama.

Here it is again, if anyone wants another look at it.

edogawa rando fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Feb 28, 2013

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
If you can call J-Law fat and mean it in earnest, then I feel bad for you and your pitiful self-confidence issues.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden

Add me to the list of people who get more and more excited about Spring Breakers with the more posters they release. This one is great.