Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost

CommieGIR posted:

I can't get over that they think a shotgun will reach 10,000 feet.

Their only experience with combat is on TV so they think that it always happens in close enough quarters that an onlooker can easily see everything that's going on. They seriously think that they'll see a drone strike coming and be able to shoot it down before their house explodes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

CommieGIR posted:

Because gravity will never bring all those flying pieces of lead back to Earth....nooo....

I love the number of people who think "just fire a warning shot" is a good thing to do in any situation, because even if you shoot it in the air that bullet is going to come down somewhere.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

CommieGIR posted:

Because gravity will never bring all those flying pieces of lead back to Earth....nooo....

Gravity? Sounds like some a' that college edumacated LIEbrul talk.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

You can get away with a lot of people on there like you.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

Von Bek posted:

:devil: ATTENTION ALL SOROS ACOLYTES. THREAD HAS REACHED THE NUMBER OF THE BEAST. COMMENCE SUMMONING RITUAL FOR SOROSCUBUS DEMONS :devil:

The number of the beast is actually 616. :ssh:

Just like how the Sabbath is actually Saturday, but was changed by the Romans to fit their existing week. :allears:

Don't tell the fundamentalist Christians who think they're following the 'literal' version of their religion though...we want them to keep playing in the Satan's hands or whatever. Satan by the way not being the Milton's "Paradise Lost" character that most Christians think he is - he's a faith-testing angel.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Feb 28, 2013

Burning Beard
Nov 21, 2008

Choking on bits of fallen bread crumbs
Oh, this burning beard, I have come undone
It's just as I've feared. I have, I have come undone
Bugger dumb the last of academe

socialsecurity posted:

I love the number of people who think "just fire a warning shot" is a good thing to do in any situation, because even if you shoot it in the air that bullet is going to come down somewhere.

Plus, it's a drone. Like it cares. Well, Global Hawk Drone would care :buddy:

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Burning Beard posted:

Plus, it's a drone. Like it cares. Well, Global Hawk Drone would care :buddy:

But that is because Global Hawk and Predator Drone are actually really caring. :911:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

In ten minutes the TPC Daily Breif [who has sponsers] will be playing here: http://www.webcastonelive.com
You can call in as well, 1-855-244-0077
:devil:

Morton Haynice
Sep 9, 2008

doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
doop doop
....and the first call goes undetected. yessssss

Karen from Georgia, you are a True Patriot.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

:eng99:

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

E; Continue to rewrite history and treat the constitution like biblical scripture.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Jr is in the chatroom. Also, someone doesn't know how bio-diesel works.

Tim Selaty Jr
May 16, 2011

by Pipski

zylche posted:

In ten minutes the TPC Daily Breif [who has sponsers] will be playing here: http://www.webcastonelive.com

They keep referring to themselves on air as TPC and TPC is a registered trademark of PGA golf. Enjoy your c&d letter, Ken :allears:

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is this regular? I see my toilet making its debut into the TPC reality.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

zylche posted:

I'm running behind since I had to pause it, but I'd love to know the reality of all the stuff Steve Vaus is describing. Sounds like he is a terrible musician and businessman, and he blames the liberal media for his lack of success.

Schwza
Apr 28, 2008
What is our policy on shaming these people? Should I be editing names out after they send me pictures of their genitals and graphic descriptions of what they want sexually? Oh, and a lot of it has homoerotic to homosexual tones from a group that hates gays.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Air Julio posted:

Also, someone doesn't know how bio-diesel works.

Care to expand upon what they are saying? As a bio-diesel maker, my interest is now peaked at how wrong they are.

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

start feeding them historical fallacies that demonize the federal government and Lincoln. I highly suggest links to dummy sites that document Government crackdowns that were covered up, and evidence of worse atrocities if you're patient enough to run a human stupidity experiment online. They'll believe it. And even after you put a big manifesto explaining how and why you trolled them on the site they'll still believe it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Magic happened. The best kind of magic.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

CommieGIR posted:

Care to expand upon what they are saying? As a bio-diesel maker, my interest is now peaked at how wrong they are.

I pulled it all out of my rear end basically. I said you could get it from grass clippings and such.

Edit: Looking it up I apparently mixed up Bioalcohols with Biodiesel. I was trying to say that you just needed the cellulose from plants but they hung up on me.

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Predator Drone and Global Hawk are both so :3:. I want to hug a drone.

Schwza posted:

What is our policy on shaming these people? Should I be editing names out after they send me pictures of their genitals and graphic descriptions of what they want sexually? Oh, and a lot of it has homoerotic to homosexual tones from a group that hates gays.

gently caress 'em. As long as it was information they volunteered freely, air that poo poo out.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Cowman posted:

I pulled it all out of my rear end basically. I said you could get it from grass clippings and such.

You can make ethanol, granted, not very good grade ethanol from grass clippings. You can make bio diesel from switch grass however

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

ReidRansom posted:

gently caress 'em. As long as it was information they volunteered freely, air that poo poo out.

This seems like it may be crossing a line. I'm not sure, it just makes me uncomfortable to possibly ruin someone's life over a couple pictures. Feel free to tell me to shut up, though.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Schwza posted:

These are real people. I think you should just post their genitals but edit out any private info. The fact that we got people to do this in the first place is a big enough statement on it's own in my opinion.

readingatwork fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Feb 28, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

readingatwork posted:

These are real people. I think you should just post their genitals but edit out any private info.

Yes. No personal attacks, just post as much info as possible but leave the person unidentified.

If you have reason to think what you might post is questionable, don't post it or edit the questionable stuff out

WHERE MY HAT IS AT
Jan 7, 2011

U.S. Barryl posted:

This seems like it may be crossing a line. I'm not sure, it just makes me uncomfortable to possibly ruin someone's life over a couple pictures. Feel free to tell me to shut up, though.

So blank out the names and post that poo poo up!

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!
Makes you think!

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Yea, avoid any real world problems. We don't need to give the mods a reason to close this amazing thread. I was heartbroken when the last one was temporarily closed.

Kidney Stone posted:

Makes you think!

Job creators and White Men of the world unite!

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

WHERE MY HAT IS AT posted:

So blank out the names and post that poo poo up!

You heard him! The internet demands TeaParty dicks!

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.

CommieGIR posted:

Yes. No personal attacks, just post as much info as possible but leave the person unidentified.

If you have reason to think what you might post is questionable, don't post it or edit the questionable stuff out

SOROS has spoken. His Will be done.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

socialsecurity posted:

I think mythbusters prove that the returning bullets don't fall fast enough to kill. They would be really painful yes, but a death is kinda unlikely.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

LostInTheSauce posted:

start feeding them historical fallacies that demonize the federal government and Lincoln. I highly suggest links to dummy sites that document Government crackdowns that were covered up, and evidence of worse atrocities if you're patient enough to run a human stupidity experiment online. They'll believe it. And even after you put a big manifesto explaining how and why you trolled them on the site they'll still believe it.

I'll be honest. I am in no way patient enough for this.

U.S. Barryl posted:

You heard him! The internet demands TeaParty dicks!

I'm betting that TeaParty dicks have to be some of the ugliest dicks.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

looking.glass.eyes posted:

I'm betting that TeaParty dicks have to be some of the ugliest dicks.

Do we have a dick expert in here to vouch for this?

Wet and ready
Feb 12, 2013

Got your Back!
Trust Me.
Does anybody know how to report TOS violations to the TPC Banmasters? All of the TPC Feed Moderators have disabled messaging, and only two let you write on their wall.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

^^^ If it's re: dicks, I think just post: "Someone sent me an inappropriate picture and I'm not sure what to do. PM me please?"

ViggyNash posted:

I think mythbusters prove that the returning bullets don't fall fast enough to kill. They would be really painful yes, but a death is kinda unlikely.

I bet if you fired at certain angles of "up" it'd still be really strong. Yeah, straight up and down probably isn't too dangerous, but I bet at 45 degrees it could be deadly on the way down (which is how I've seen a lot of warning shots fired on TV and in the movies). I could be wrong, though. Not really a gun guy or a physicist.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Tea Party Daily - Day 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22xi84nd8BA

There's some good callers this time, and a bunch of drama in the chatroom when the Selatys find out people have been impersonating them.
Criticise the formats I'm putting these in :argh:

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

ViggyNash posted:

I believe (though I haven't seen any new Mythbusters in a while) you're thinking of pennies, which I'm guessing have a much slower terminal velocity and aren't as pointy as bullets.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

CowHammer posted:

I believe (though I haven't seen any new Mythbusters in a while) you're thinking of pennies, which I'm guessing have a much slower terminal velocity and aren't as pointy as bullets.

They also did one about bullets that I remember.

But regardless of if falling bullets are deadly, can any bullet reach the altitude of a drone?

A Pale Horse
Jul 29, 2007

Mitchicon posted:

Do we have a dick expert in here to vouch for this?

Dick appraisal is my passion, I would be happy to assess these dicks for all of you. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

ViggyNash posted:

They also did one about bullets that I remember.

But regardless of if falling bullets are deadly, can any bullet reach the altitude of a drone?

Definitely not small arms. You'd probably need an anti aircraft gun, and those are huge crew weapons.

If it were easy, the Taliban would be using it.

Apparently, Martin Luther King's legacy is making unsuspecting johns take acid. :tinfoil:

TVarmy fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 28, 2013

• Locked thread