Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
plaguedoctor
Jun 26, 2008

I CAN DUMP MY GIRLFRIEND CAUSE SHE'S LIKE A WHORE, RIGHT GUYS? RIGHT???

Mitchicon posted:

Do we have a dick expert in here to vouch for this?

Hasn't Three Olives been posting in this thread? :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

A Pale Horse posted:

Dick appraisal is my passion, I would be happy to assess these dicks for all of you. :)

plaguedoctor posted:

This is like the FBI (Federal Boobie Inspector) of dicks.

zylche posted:

Tea Party Daily - Day 3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22xi84nd8BA

There's some good callers this time, and a bunch of drama in the chatroom when the Selatys find out people have been impersonating them.
Criticise the formats I'm putting these in :argh:

This is just annoying, I can't even find this funny. The younger idiot host is going on about how organic foods and grass fed cows are a return to less regulated, small scale free market capitalism. :psyduck: No it isn't rear end in a top hat. It's a loving backlash against the lack of regulations and the low quality food being pumped out by large scale agrobusiness. These people have an epic amount of idiocy.

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?
I give you the spiritual parent of the Tea Party for those who have not drawn the conclusion themselves, or are not old enough to remember this particular brand of nutjob.

John Birch Society: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

the name changes but the agenda remains the same pretty much. I think the Tea party formed to avoid the stigma of the name while vomiting forth a lot of the same crap. the two are pretty much ubiquitous with each other in the minds of a lot of older people who thought they were crazy thirty years ago.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

TVarmy posted:

Definitely not small arms. You'd probably need an anti aircraft gun, and those are huge crew weapons.

If it were easy, the Taliban would be using it.

You need something of at least 12mm or larger to reach that height or even be effective, I want to say the smallest caliber cannon for AA use is the .50 Cal, but that doesn't reach 10,000 ft.

This doesn't even count the fact that drones are very hard to spot from a distance, and they are very small, so its going to be hard as hell to hit anyways. Even with something fairly large caliber (40mm Bofors) you probably wouldn't hit it.

CommieGIR fucked around with this message at 22:05 on Feb 28, 2013

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

plaguedoctor posted:

My neighbor's son is a gay consevative and has a perfectly nice dick, that's as far as my knowledge goes on conservative dicks.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

We go play orbital catch around the curvature of the earth, son.

LostInTheSauce posted:

I give you the spiritual parent of the Tea Party for those who have not drawn the conclusion themselves, or are not old enough to remember this particular brand of nutjob.

John Birch Society: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Birch_Society

the name changes but the agenda remains the same pretty much. I think the Tea party formed to avoid the stigma of the name while vomiting forth a lot of the same crap. the two are pretty much ubiquitous with each other in the minds of a lot of older people who thought they were crazy thirty years ago.

Well, the tea party is basically an artificial astroturf version of John Bircher bullshit started by big tobacco, the koch brothers, and other corporate interests. The John Birch society was similarly used as a tool by big corporate interests back in the day though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pG6taS9R1KM

I'd actually say that the batshit insane John Bircher mentality as perpetuated by the tea party has become 'mainstream' in the republican party these days. Truly a nightmare.

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?

CommieGIR posted:

You need something of at least 12mm or larger to reach that height or even be effective, I want to say the smallest caliber cannon for AA use is the .50 Cal, but that doesn't reach 10,000 ft.

Accurate destruction of a predator drone with man-portable weaponry would require you to see it and have highly illegal personal guided missile systems capable of picking it out. i am unaware of any standard ball round style weapon capable of both reaching and hitting accurately. flak guns maybe, but you still have to know it's there.

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

TVarmy posted:

Definitely not small arms. You'd probably need an anti aircraft gun, and those are huge crew weapons.

If it were easy, the Taliban would be using it.

I just realized: how would anyone even know it was there from the ground without some really high end equipment? Do they think they'll just happened to spot one while staring dreamilly into the sky for hours on end?

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

ViggyNash posted:

I just realized: how would anyone even know it was there from the ground without some really high end equipment? Do they think they'll just happened to spot one while staring dreamilly into the sky for hours on end?

Trained bald eagles.

:911:

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

I wasn't aware of this but during CPAC in 2010, the John Birch Society was invited as a co-sponsor of the event, ending the JBS's longstanding exile from the mainstream conservative movement.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/02/farright-john-birch-society-2010/

quote:

ABC's Jonathan Karl reports: This week’s Conservative Political Action Conference in Washington has a co-sponsor from the far-right fringe of American politics: The John Birch Society. According to Ian Walters, a spokesman for CPAC, it’s the first time the John Birch Society has sponsored the conference. That’s not surprising, considering that the Birch Society has long been considered wacky and extreme by conservative leaders. William F. Buckley famously denounced the John Birch Society and its founder Robert Welch in the early 1960s as “idiotic” and “paranoid. “ Buckley’s condemnation effectively banishing the group from the mainstream conservative movement. Welch had called President Dwight D. Eisenhower a “conscious, dedicated agent of the communist conspiracy” and that the U.S. government was “under operational control of the Communist party.” Buckley argued that such paranoid rantings had no place in the conservative movement or the Republican party. Two years after Buckley’s death, the John Birch Society is no longer banished; it is listed as one of about 100 co-sponsors of the 2010 CPAC. Why is the Birch Society a co-sponsor? “They’re a conservative organization,” said Lisa Depasquale, the CPAC Director for the American Conservative Union, which runs CPAC. ” Beyond that I have no comment.” On its website, the Birch Society describes it mission as to “to warn against and expose the forces that seek to abolish U.S. independence, build a world government, or otherwise undermine our personal liberties and national independence. The John Birch Society endorses the U.S. Constitution as the foundation of our national government, and works toward educating and activating Americans to abide by the original intent of the Founding Fathers. We seek to awaken a sleeping and apathetic people concerning the designs of those who are working to destroy our constitutional Republic.”

That is a drat loving good barometer of the depths of just how batshit insane that the mainstream GOP is these days, that they'd let crazies like these back in CPAC.

Also, for emphasis:

quote:

Welch had called President Dwight D. Eisenhower a “conscious, dedicated agent of the communist conspiracy” and that the U.S. government was “under operational control of the Communist party.”

Today it is fashionable for MAINSTREAM REPUBLICANS to call the president a communist. John Bircher insanity has become the new GOP mainstream mode of thought.

The only way that's going to stop is if the saner voices in the GOP start aggressively shouting down the crazies - with lots of help from abject ridicule and exposure of just how insane these fuckers are.

Spacedad fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 28, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

LostInTheSauce posted:

Accurate destruction of a predator drone with man-portable weaponry would require you to see it and have highly illegal personal guided missile systems capable of picking it out. i am unaware of any standard ball round style weapon capable of both reaching and hitting accurately. flak guns maybe, but you still have to know it's there.

Exactly. Nothing ballistic is going to hit it, that is if you even see it. Its so damned small.

Even if you had something on the scale of a German 88mm which are long since gone, and you could SEE it, you'd have a hell of a time getting a hit.

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

TPC talks about threats to this country.

Some these people have to be trolls. There's no way these are real people, right?

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

ViggyNash posted:

They also did one about bullets that I remember.

But regardless of if falling bullets are deadly, can any bullet reach the altitude of a drone?

The mysthbusters concluded that if a bullet goes straight up, then straight down it isn't deadly because of terminal velocity. But if it has any angle at all it could be deadly as the angle would preserve the bullets momentum. Bullets can probably go pretty high up, but not drone high.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug
OP Updated to include warning forbidding the posting of victims of trolls info.

Pictures are okay, names in comments are okay, but nothing that can positively link TPC members back to location/career/etc that might be construed as cutting it close to the line of legal

Thank you

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

el burbo posted:

Some these people have to be trolls. There's no way these are real people, right?

When the world of a troll goes gray...

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I FUCKING HATE POOR PEOPLE BUT I LOVE BEING FUCKED IN THE ASS and having two dishwashers in my CONDO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Spacedad posted:

I wasn't aware of this but during CPAC in 2010, the John Birch Society was invited as a co-sponsor of the event, ending the JBS's longstanding exile from the mainstream conservative movement.

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/politics/2010/02/farright-john-birch-society-2010/

That's is a drat loving good barometer of the depths of just how batshit insane that the mainstream GOP is these days.

For reference GOProud, a gay conservative organization that until very recently was against gay marriage and is still against the employement non-discrimination act and opposed to hate crime legislation is banned from CPAC for being too controversial.

That's right, a gay group so conservative they oppose gay rights is banned but the JBS is cool.

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I like how we've pretty much accomplished the goal of making their site completely worthless. They're too busy jumping at shadows.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

Doctor Factical posted:

I like how we've pretty much accomplished the goal of making their site completely worthless. They're too busy jumping at shadows.

They practically did that themselves

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Three Olives posted:

For reference GOProud, a gay conservative organization that until very recently was against gay marriage and is still against the employement non-discrimination act and opposed to hate crime legislation is banned from CPAC for being too controversial.

That's right, a gay group so conservative they oppose gay rights is banned but the JBS is cool.

Should we let them know that the cold war ended? I think a lot of them don't even know that it's been over for a while, and the biggest communist country is now a staunch trade partner as it moves towards a more capitalist style economy. Which country is Obama a supposed to be a mind-control communist plant for, exactly? North Korea? Cuba?

Not that that changes the fact that the John Birchers were crazy and stupid as hell during the height of the cold war as well.

LostInTheSauce
Feb 14, 2013

Which way did I go?
I bet they'd believe it if you told them that Kim Jong Un was secretly controlling current policy in DC you'd provoke a firestorm.

Spacedad
Sep 11, 2001

Okay, which one of you traveled back in time and went on Phil Donahue?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgeonR275aA

ViggyNash
Oct 9, 2012

Doctor Factical posted:

I think our goal should be to leave the site bleeding out in a gutter as they try to convince the authorities that they never did anything illegal even though we already provided all the necessary evidence.

But until that day comes, we troll on

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

ViggyNash posted:

I think our goal should be to leave the site bleeding out in a gutter as they try to convince the authorities that they never did anything illegal even though we already provided all the necessary evidence.

But until that day comes, we troll on

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MRA10IPJFFE

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi
I think the worst thing is how I legitimately cannot tell the difference between our goons and real TPC members. Tea party members are so far off the deep end that I can't discern between somebody trying to use shock comments to get a reaction and actual teabaggers who believe the poo poo their leaders flaunt.

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet

Completely. Can we get one of them for a fake account pic on the front page? There's been at least one every time.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Three Olives posted:

To be accurate, the Birchers have also been disinvited. However, white nationalists John Derbyshire, Peter Brimelow, and Robert Vandervoort are still honored guests.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

el burbo posted:

Can you compile all these achievements into one page with links to the images corresponding to the achievement, I might throw them in the OP

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is anyone keeping a running log of the "best" call-ins to the daily show for those of us who can't bear to sit through the whole thing?

"Those people" at Whole Foods was great. :patriot:

e: and God that theme song is so 'MURRCA FUCKYEA it hurts

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

CommieGIR posted:

Can you compile all these achievements into one page with links to the images corresponding to the achievement, I might throw them in the OP

We should either not include the screenshots that correspond, or blur out names/faces. Otherwise if anyone from TPC is still reading this thread, some deep cover accounts are going to be outed.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Doctor Factical posted:

They do it to themselves, they don't need our help. Pack it up and go home, boys.

Sorry guys! Ol' Clump Burgers is...me! Unfortunately, me! didn't get to do too much else after that but I'm sure he appreciates the post.

e: I'm dum

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

Pillbug

looking.glass.eyes posted:

We should either not include the screenshots that correspond, or blur out names/faces. Otherwise if anyone from TPC is still reading this thread, some deep cover accounts are going to be outed.

That is fine, we can just do the achievements then. I just like the concept in the thread.

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet
[a thing, or not]

romeo x-ray fucked around with this message at 23:11 on Feb 28, 2013

Dusty Baker 2
Jul 8, 2011

Keyboard Inghimasi

Kart Barfunkel posted:

Sorry guys! Ol' Clump Burgers is...me! Unfortunately, me! didn't get to do too much else after that but I'm sure he appreciates the post.

e: I'm dum

You son of a bitch, you ruined my day.

Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
While browsing the site I came across this barrel full-o-crazy:-

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-71593/info/

Mr FELTON WILLIAMSON.

Appariantly he thinks he's a 21st Century Thomas Paine. Sadly he appears to be a complete fruitcake instead, as witnessed by his own person website:-

http://commonsense21c.com/

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Schwza posted:

What is our policy on shaming these people? Should I be editing names out after they send me pictures of their genitals and graphic descriptions of what they want sexually? Oh, and a lot of it has homoerotic to homosexual tones from a group that hates gays.

I feel like it would be equitable to punishing monkeys for flinging poo. TPC is a case study for Evolutionary Biology/Sociology.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Oh my God, the first call of the TPC Daily Show. Just... holy poo poo. If I ever wondered "can they really be this stupid?" before, I have no doubts now.

"Dihydrogen monoxide? You're over my head there..."

Indeed.

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

What?

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

um gays are obviously destroying this man's life and livelihood.

Neodymium
Jun 23, 2012

You don't want to know.
If your curiosity gets the better of you, here's the explanation:
HIV is thought to have first spread from an ape to a human, probably through poorly prepared monkey meat. Since in humans, HIV is most often transmitted sexually, the tea partiers jumped to the conclusion of gay beastiality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Neodymium posted:

You don't want to know.
If your curiosity gets the better of you, here's the explanation:
HIV is thought to have first spread from an ape to a human, probably through poorly prepared monkey meat. Since in humans, HIV is most often transmitted sexually, the tea partiers jumped to the conclusion of gay beastiality.

Was it that, or full on "Michelle Obama is a monkey! LOL!!" racism?

• Locked thread