Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr Darcy
Feb 8, 2006
Has anyone noticed that you can buy adverts for $2 and they'll display everywhere?

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/ad/add/

On the one hand I'm tempted to put up an SA advert to annoy them all. On the other hand I'd be supporting that site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
^---costs nothing to create a troll account. You know you won't get your money's worth before they pull the ads anyway

Yardbomb posted:

Fantastic, but deeply flawed.

After all, what kind of True American™ patriot would carry around some godless commie rifle like that! :freep:

Now don't get me wrong I love me a good ol' American AR-15 A-Salt rifle but like a good wife y'all gotta mantain her properlike lol. The AK-47 is like roughest toughest street prostitute you know, always ready to go no matter how dirty you get her. She don't see as straight but she packs a mean punch wear it counts lol.

And when the UN troops take away my AR-15 I'm gonna dig up the Kalashnikov from her shallow grave, wipe off the dirt and get my AR-15 back. Don't underestimate the price of surplus Russian ammunition tell you what, I like to think of quantity as its own quality tell you what.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

escape artist posted:

Did you make this? It is fantastic.

Nah, I found it in the D&D pictures thread at some point.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
TPC running really slow for anyone else right now? I am trying to create another gimmick, but it will not move on to the next screen after I click sign up.

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013

Wet and ready posted:

drat this is fun.

Conservative TOS Reporter is great! He is fighting a losing battle though. They only ban hateful trolls for copyright infringement.

That drat rabbit pisses me off.

The Pretty Zombie
May 9, 2011

Mr Darcy posted:

Has anyone noticed that you can buy adverts for $2 and they'll display everywhere?

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/ad/add/

On the one hand I'm tempted to put up an SA advert to annoy them all. On the other hand I'd be supporting that site.

Let's send them all to Stormfront and Freep. It'll be a spiraling black hole of racism and misogyny, and possibly scare off any remaining sane people on the TPC.

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013

harlequin baby posted:

TPC running really slow for anyone else right now? I am trying to create another gimmick, but it will not move on to the next screen after I click sign up.

Running ok for me.

Democrats are the real threat to women and children. If they would just get out of the way then republicans could get to passing laws to help!! :arghfist:

samsquantch1 fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 1, 2013

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

What's a good burner email generator? I find this piece of human poo poo:

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-26733/

particularly irritating and want to point out this:

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/children.html

edit: For every person my deep cover account talks to that changes their position, even ever so slightly on something, there's a million pieces of racist human garbage who can't take their heads out of their 18th century asses posting stupid loving racist poo poo, anti-islamic diatribe and bullshit conspiracy theories. For all the funny stuff we dig up and examples of cognitive dissonance there's a lot of true, deep hatred on that site. It's loving sickening.

lenoon fucked around with this message at 13:34 on Mar 1, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

lenoon posted:

What's a good burner email generator? I find this piece of human poo poo:

https://www.teapartycommunity.com/profile-26733/

particularly irritating and want to point out this:

http://www.ifamericansknew.org/stats/children.html

That dude is a true believer. He called me a child of satan for politely declining his friend request. Judging by his comments and posts and facial hair, he is going to continue spewing his hate at every person that will listen until either his heart chokes on an errant piece of triple bacon-burger, or the ATF shoots him in the face.

e: gently caress this guy. Any of you happen to know the adage "Them that take the sword will die by the sword?" It comes from Jesus telling Peter not to try to fight when he (Jesus) was being arrested before his execution. This guy took a tiny quote from Jesus during this episode and deliberately misconstrued it to make it seem like Jesus was advocating the exact opposite, IE, using weapons to kill people you don't like. This guy is the worst kind of hypocrite, gently caress him.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Mar 1, 2013

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Mercury_Storm posted:

Nah, I found it in the D&D pictures thread at some point.

Can you post the original up? It's too good not to share with others.

Kidney Stone
Dec 28, 2008

The worst pain ever!

ReidRansom posted:

Heh... Did someone repost that? Makes me think of Billy Bragg.

I made it. Not as funny as Hitler quotes, but still not bad I thought.

Yes, "someone" did "repost" that picture ;)

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

thehumandignity posted:

That dude is a true believer. He called me a child of satan for politely declining his friend request. Judging by his comments and posts and facial hair, he is going to continue spewing his hate at every person that will listen until either his heart chokes on an errant piece of triple bacon-burger, or the ATF shoots him in the face.

e: gently caress this guy. Any of you happen to know the adage "Them that take the sword will die by the sword?" It comes from Jesus telling Peter not to try to fight when he (Jesus) was being arrested before his execution. This guy took a tiny quote from Jesus during this episode and deliberately misconstrued it to make it seem like Jesus was advocating the exact opposite, IE, using weapons to kill people you don't like. This guy is the worst kind of hypocrite, gently caress him.

I thought he was a (wicked) troll, but then I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/whick1

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

escape artist posted:

Can you post the original up? It's too good not to share with others.

There's an original? That's the only version of it I've ever seen.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

TPC makes me want to move to Europe.

Or Canada, or anywhere else lieberals threaten to move to.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Mitchicon posted:

TPC makes me want to move to Europe.

Or Canada, or anywhere else lieberals threaten to move to.

Move to Australia bro, it's fairly easy and more or less the same as America but with less political vitriol, a more productive government, and lots of sheep.

Speaking as a person who actually did it.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

thehumandignity posted:

Move to Australia bro, it's fairly easy and more or less the same as America but with less political vitriol, a more productive government, and lots of sheep.

I'd rather not pay 100+ dollars for my video games, thanks. Also I'd like to survive to my next birthday.

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

thehumandignity posted:

I love sheep. :heysexy:

I can't believe how many hours I've sunk into TPC. What am I doing with my life?

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

djw175 posted:

I'd rather not pay 100+ dollars for my video games, thanks. Also I'd like to survive to my next birthday.

You can still buy them on Steam at American prices, if you just manually navigate to the American Steam store. :ssh: There are also some companies that import console games and undercut the price fixers, but I don't know much about them. Also $100+ is an exaggeration, the really expensive AAA titles that are still overpriced in the US at 60 USD are 100 AUD. Which is still really expensive, yeah, but not $100 plus, and that's still much higher than most games are. 60-80 is more typical.

Mitchicon posted:

Well there is also New Zealand.

TacticalUrbanHomo fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 1, 2013

lenoon
Jan 7, 2010

Mitchicon posted:

I can't believe how many hours I've sunk into TPC. What am I doing with my life?

You're doing God's work son. God's work.

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

Mitchicon
Nov 3, 2006

Lisa Ann is sexier. :911: :heysexy:

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Rambling Robot posted:

I thought he was a (wicked) troll, but then I found this:

https://www.facebook.com/whick1

Goddammit, I was convinced he was a fantastic troll, too. I've spent the past week chuckling at what I thought were hilarious, witty parodies of the tea party and this whole time he was sincere. :suicide:

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Mercury_Storm posted:

There's an original? That's the only version of it I've ever seen.
Sorry, I'm a sleepy idiot. For some reason I thought you posted a version which had been screenshotted and posted on TPC.

insert_funny
Jan 5, 2013

I can never have plastic surgery, because I don't feel like chipping in another five bucks to change the picture.
I'm still here; just decided to call it an early night last night.

Poor dear picked the wrong place to figure out how the Internet works.

Is it just me, or is Glenn getting fatter now that he doesn't have a regular cable outlet anymore?

That last one seemed ripe for photoshoppin', so here ya go.

I think the no votes on the Violence Against Women Act and your support of religions that sexually abuse young boys negate your ability to call anyone else out on matters involving women and children.

Speak of the devil...

Sylly's growing up into a moody teenage wabbit with a fixation on techno music and all black attire. Your schtick still sucks, by the way.

Praise the water bottle to high heaven, but the man drinking from it is still questionable.

U.S. Barryl
Apr 16, 2003

looking.glass.eyes posted:

Goddammit, I was convinced he was a fantastic troll, too. I've spent the past week chuckling at what I thought were hilarious, witty parodies of the tea party and this whole time he was sincere. :suicide:

I go in with the mindset that all unconfirmed trolls are real until proven otherwise. It's better to be disgusted by them, and get a pleasant surprise that they were trolling later, rather than the other way around.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

looking.glass.eyes posted:

Same here. :stare::respek::stare:

I've got this weird feeling right now. I'm trying to find the part of my brain that could process this and all that comes up is an image of an empty elevator shaft.

Quiet Feet fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Mar 1, 2013

Vienna Circlejerk
Jan 28, 2003

The great science sausage party!

Quiet Feet posted:

I've got this weird feeling right now. I'm trying to find the part of my brain that could process this and all that comes up is an image of an empty elevator shaft.

I'm starting to think the website itself is like some kind of real life SCP poo poo.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Quiet Feet posted:

It's eerily quiet too, right? And you can hear the soft, unnerving creaking of the cables, and nothing else?

Doctor Doctor
May 25, 2009

"I'm not a hero, I'm just an old killer"

djw175 posted:

Also I'd like to survive to my next birthday.

It only takes a few near death experiences before you get used to the idea that your life could end any time you go outside. After that it's all smooth sailing man.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!

thehumandignity posted:

I would love to do this, but have no clue what all is involved in it. Plus there's the whole history of cancer thing and not knowing how that affects the medical clearance.

Plus I'd probably have a hard time adjusting to not being offended if somebody called me a oval office in casual conversation, etc.

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013

insert_funny posted:

I'm still here; just decided to call it an early night last night.

Poor dear picked the wrong place to figure out how the Internet works.

She seems a bit worried. She thought she was posting among 'friends' at TPC. I wonder if she is one of the ones that have been berating people for not using their real names? I can't remember if I have seen her in particular going on about that or not.

Froghammer
Sep 8, 2012

Khajit has wares
if you have coin
I was 100% sure Whicket was a troll.

For Christ's sake, his name is Whicket Williams. Who would do that to a child?

samsquantch1
Feb 18, 2013
This on a thread talking about the drama of friend requests. TPC gonna get sued! For the honor of my girlfriend!!

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Wade Wilson posted:

I would love to do this, but have no clue what all is involved in it. Plus there's the whole history of cancer thing and not knowing how that affects the medical clearance.

Plus I'd probably have a hard time adjusting to not being offended if somebody called me a oval office in casual conversation, etc.

I have no idea how medical issues might affect it, but I got in with effectively zero real job skills, having done grunt work for the government my entire adult life. Now the Australian government is paying 2/3 of my tuition to law school, so that's pretty rad. My name is the same on Steam, but with every word capitalised, so hit me up there if you want to ask any questions about the process.

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

samsquantch1 posted:

She seems a bit worried. She thought she was posting among 'friends' at TPC. I wonder if she is one of the ones that have been berating people for not using their real names? I can't remember if I have seen her in particular going on about that or not.

Tim Selaty Jr. is not much of a "web extraordinaire"* if he forgot all about Google's indexing robots.

I bet many TPCers have no idea that much of the site is public - with no need to sign in.

* self-proclaimed on his google account.

Creative Username
Oct 9, 2012

Froghammer posted:

I was 100% sure Whicket was a troll.

For Christ's sake, his name is Whicket Williams. Who would do that to a child?

Someone who's family tree looks like a spear...

CowHammer
Feb 18, 2013

lenoon posted:

What's a good burner email generator?

Personally, I just use gmail. They basically just remove any dots you put in a username, so whicket.williams at gmail dot com, whicketwilliams at gmail dot com, and wh.ick.et.wil.li.am.s at gmail dot com all go to the same place. TPC doesn't notice this, so you can make pretty much as many as you want from one email address.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

CowHammer posted:

Personally, I just use gmail. They basically just remove any dots you put in a username, so whicket.williams at gmail dot com, whicketwilliams at gmail dot com, and wh.ick.et.wil.li.am.s at gmail dot com all go to the same place. TPC doesn't notice this, so you can make pretty much as many as you want from one email address.

The degree of ineptitude displayed vis a vis TPC never ceases to amaze me.

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

escape artist posted:

The degree of ineptitude displayed vis a vis TPC never ceases to amaze me.

Recognizing dotted emails as different is actually pretty common on websites in general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpeedySurfer
Sep 30, 2008

Deviant posted:

Recognizing dotted emails as different is actually pretty common on websites in general.

When it's common knowledge that you can do this though, there should be a specific rule in place.

Also, you can use both gmail.com and googlemail.com

• Locked thread