Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I have no idea how I've never, ever used an area-of-effect grenade before, but I got a Fire Bee and I loving love it. Using it with Salvadore, and his ability to drop two-grenades at once means that I can create an impenetrable firewall with a raging guy with two shotguns guarding the exit to the raging inferno.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

Ddraig posted:

I have no idea how I've never, ever used an area-of-effect grenade before, but I got a Fire Bee and I loving love it. Using it with Salvadore, and his ability to drop two-grenades at once means that I can create an impenetrable firewall with a raging guy with two shotguns guarding the exit to the raging inferno.

Now try it with the Breath of Terramorphous.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Ddraig posted:

Ahhh man Breath of Terramorphous is fantastic for this. If you're in one of the areas where basically every enemy is made of meat with no shields (like the Hammerlock DLC) running a fire damage build with the Slayer Of Terra mod (boosts fire damage) become very plausible. If you can block out the screams of your enemies as they are immolated by the gigantic moving inferno that is your character then it works out well :unsmigghh:

GARBAGE DAY

EDIT: F, B, kinda.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kersch posted:

So when you modify the drop rates, can you still host a multiplayer game and have other people join and share the benefits? Also, the game says that grouping is supposed to increase drops, so does that actually amplify the cheatengine changes, or does it overwrite them?

Apart from a couple of exceptions (some bosses, the beginning of the game leading up to Captain Flynt) everything relating to drops is based on those initial numbers. If you're planning on playing with four people you might want to tweak it down a little.

No one's reported VAC issues from modifying drop rates so I think you're safe.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

50 hours in, I finally beat playthrough 1 with all sidequests except the last 4 rounds of the Hyperion arena done, and the Warrior dropped a Double Penetrating Unkempt Harold.

I should see about respeccing Salvador into whatever that skill that buffs pistols is (as well as the proper "NEVER DON'T BE GUNZERKING" stuff of course)

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit
I just hate the whole "get shot twice? Whoops, no shields, 500 life left!" bits of TVHM.

Also, Buzzards. gently caress Buzzards.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Johnny Aztec posted:

I just hate the whole "get shot twice? Whoops, no shields, 500 life left!" bits of TVHM.

Adaptive shields have become my favorite shield time just for being no-nonsense shields that effectively reduce all elemental damage by a large percent on top of also giving you a huge health boost. As a wee little Vault Hunter I was a big fan of nova shields but now that I'm all grown up its Adaptive shields all the way.

Is your shield up to date, and what is shooting at you? When you're leveling it helps to grab whatever non-Turtle shield has the biggest shield bonus at the time, it ends up being a fun way to experiment with maylay, booster, nova, spike and adaptive shields and see what kind you like the best.

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.
Is there a mirror for the cheatengine not on the cheatengine website anywhere out there? the connection I'm forced to use for the next 6 months flags it as "hacking" and won't let me visit it. If not, would someone mind hosting the latest version somewhere? Thank you much in advance.

yulia tymotebow
Jan 8, 2011

by Lowtax
As someone pointed out earlier I love Gaige's going from, "This could be the start of something awesome!" to 300 stacks later, "I AM THE ALPHA AND THE OMEGA!"

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Reiley posted:

Adaptive shields have become my favorite shield time just for being no-nonsense shields that effectively reduce all elemental damage by a large percent on top of also giving you a huge health boost. As a wee little Vault Hunter I was a big fan of nova shields but now that I'm all grown up its Adaptive shields all the way.

Is your shield up to date, and what is shooting at you? When you're leveling it helps to grab whatever non-Turtle shield has the biggest shield bonus at the time, it ends up being a fun way to experiment with maylay, booster, nova, spike and adaptive shields and see what kind you like the best.
Yeah I was rolling with the Sham leading up to the Warrior, and it was awesome except when I was getting hit by something it couldn't absorb at which point it was terrible. I switched to some random blue-quality adaptive shield I'd found and my survival was a lot less swingy.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Zereth posted:

Yeah I was rolling with the Sham leading up to the Warrior, and it was awesome except when I was getting hit by something it couldn't absorb at which point it was terrible. I switched to some random blue-quality adaptive shield I'd found and my survival was a lot less swingy.

Shields like the Sham and the Bee and the like have high utility for what they do but they are not good at doing what shields do, i.e. soaking damage. Common and Unique items do the business, don't turn your nose up at non-rare drops.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Reiley posted:

Shields like the Sham and the Bee and the like have high utility for what they do but they are not good at doing what shields do, i.e. soaking damage. Common and Unique items do the business, don't turn your nose up at non-rare drops.
Oh, I'd been carrying it around for a while for situations where I was not dealing with mostly people shooting me with bullets. The Sham is really, really good if you're being shot with things it can absorb, such as Hyperion personnel and loaders for example.

You know right up until the motherfucking rear end in a top hat RPG Loaders show up. :argh:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Ulvirich posted:

Ok, well, since you're willing to repent your console sins, even if it is a ~Mac~

Going by this link; yes, yes you can. They recommend Motion Joy and make sure you have the "Playstation 3" radial button switched to "Xbox 360 Controller Emulator".

Awesome! But waait, does cheatengine work on Mac? I see there's a port out there... But is it up to date and such?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
drat, I've been working my way through some sidequests in the Fridge in TVHM, which is scaled to level 47 I think, with my best weapons being level 42, and drat, It's really teaching me how to play the game! I was hosed 10 meters into the cave at first, now I'm almost through to Rakkman with only minor difficulties. Takes a lot of rocket launcher Second Winds, but being persistent has taught me a bunch of good tactics. gently caress Rats.

If I didn't Save & Quit every time I died I would have been broke by now though.

Edit: Wohoo! Rakkman Forever gave me a lvl 46 version of the lvl 38 E-tech Plasma Caster SMG I've been using to take down shields! Oh yesss. Is posting about awesome loot okay here? Don't wanna spam, but awesome loot is kind of the point of the game, right?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Mar 3, 2013

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

Should I be playing the DLC in TVHM? I got the season pass cheap and am basically just storming straight through it as I'm level 34 and the enemies only seem to have been set to about level 31 so I only die when I gently caress up and run into a barrel or similar.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

The DLC doesn't really fit very well in the whole levelling scheme, they're all capped at 30 (maybe 35 for hammerlock's?). You can do them in the first playthrough before the cap if you want to experience it at level, but then you get way overpowered when you go back to the story missions. I believe TVHM will scale them to your level also but some people like saving them till the end for the level 50 guns.

Hmm question, do Axton's rocket launcher damage skills affect the turret's rocket pods?

hope and vaseline fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 3, 2013

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

I know your pain.

The buzzards in TVHM are probably my greatest nemesis, but there is a solution! In the Torgue DLC at some point (can't remember where) Moxxi will give you an AR called the Kitten, which in the incendiary form I found it in PL 1 ate them the gently caress up. I'm waiting until 49 or 50 to complete the quest this playthrough and its never going out of my inventory. It fires a shot spread of bullets that's pretty tightly packed, so it eats them for bruffast.

Edit: It's from the quest "Everyone Wants to Be Wanted" or something like that, you get it right after taking out Motor Mamma. Hold off on it until cap. The spread on the gun would seem to be counter-intuitive to taking out buzzards but it really does work. The smiley face pattern not only hits them directly but also clips the critical zones nicely.

TyroneGoldstein fucked around with this message at 18:35 on Mar 3, 2013

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Greenplastic posted:

Awesome! But waait, does cheatengine work on Mac? I see there's a port out there... But is it up to date and such?

I don't use a mac myself so I couldn't tell you sorry!

I usually have good performance with fire weapons on rats because most of them do not pack along a shield, and they have such delightful death speeches while on fire. "I smell... delicious!"

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.
New Shift code for 5 Golden keys:

PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: KJWJ3-SCBFK-S5F3J-JBBB3-BHCJ3 [Active through March 4]

For convenience:

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: 5JKJJ-CXZ53-5WWKT-H3WBJ-ZZ55X [Active through March 4]
Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: WB5TJ-9KF95-3TZ3X-KR3JJ-FW9R3 [Active through March 4]

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

TyroneGoldstein posted:

I know your pain.

The buzzards in TVHM are probably my greatest nemesis, but there is a solution! In the Torgue DLC at some point (can't remember where) Moxxi will give you an AR called the Kitten, which in the incendiary form I found it in PL 1 ate them the gently caress up. I'm waiting until 49 or 50 to complete the quest this playthrough and its never going out of my inventory. It fires a shot spread of bullets that's pretty tightly packed, so it eats them for bruffast.

Edit: It's from the quest "Everyone Wants to Be Wanted" or something like that, you get it right after taking out Motor Mamma. Hold off on it until cap. The spread on the gun would seem to be counter-intuitive to taking out buzzards but it really does work. The smiley face pattern not only hits them directly but also clips the critical zones nicely.

I have a corrosive one :getin:

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Opened that loving chest four times, and what do I get? Class mods. One lovely bazooka. Class mods. Shields!!! Where are my loving guns!!?

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Greenplastic posted:

Opened that loving chest four times, and what do I get? Class mods. One lovely bazooka. Class mods. Shields!!! Where are my loving guns!!?

I got them all, sorry! :shobon:

I've been looking for a good Coach Gun and a Vladof AR upgrade specifically so this is basically Christmas for me.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Monkey Fracas posted:

I have a corrosive one :getin:

I've gotten an incendiary, corrosive, and shock kitten. Corrosive is the best because gently caress buzzards. Also the kitten is completely unusable on gaige once you've hit like 250 anarchy. Since it's a fixed spread it just gets wider and wider until you're practically shooting out from the sides of the gun.

Edit: Also the rough rider shield is magical on salvadore.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
So, for anybody who wants a solution to the way player health ends up scaling at level 50, the latest cheat engine script has all the badass categories freely available to edit, from zero to thousands of percentage points and back to zero again. Values include things like max health, max shields, and max shield recharge rate. You can give yourself hundreds of thousands of health and shield points if you want, along with appropriate recharge rates, too. It's really helpful if you don't want to feel like a glass cannon at end game.

Through badass points, you can balance most things about your character, actually, from gun fire and accuracy rates, to melee and crit damage. Editing those values really lets you personalize your experience.

GreatGreen fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 4, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I'm reminded of when I was nine and Doom 2 came out, I would never play it without IDDQD and IDKFA. I guess this is like the new generation's version of that.

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
Well, it's something like that. The difference is that while you can cheat your rear end off if you want, you can also use this stuff to rebalance the game for the better!

Although I definitely abused the hell out of IDDQD and IDKFA way back when, too. More games should ship with those kinds of cheat codes these days.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
What the gently caress just happened!? I just fought BNK3R in TVHM, and he went down in like 20 seconds with a Torgue Spitter, faster than the ION-Loaders in the preceding area!??! I was prepared for a hell of a fight! This game keeps confusing me.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
You were playing as Zero, and you had b0re, right?

That kills the bunker in seconds.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

Dr. Stab posted:

You were playing as Zero, and you had b0re, right?

That kills the bunker in seconds.

That's right. But doesn't that require shooting through another enemy? I actually thought the game had bugged out when I saw his health bar completely black. I didn't even have time to notice it dropping!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Greenplastic posted:

That's right. But doesn't that require shooting through another enemy?
Nope, he has a few "sweet spots" where B0re will basically two-shot him. It's very easy to get to happen. Did it run the introduction or were you just doing Bunker runs? From the sound of things, he actually resists B0re if it runs his intro video.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
You shot through the bunker and hit the bunker.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

The White Dragon posted:

Nope, he has a few "sweet spots" where B0re will basically two-shot him. It's very easy to get to happen. Did it run the introduction or were you just doing Bunker runs? From the sound of things, he actually resists B0re if it runs his intro video.

It was the quest, with the intro and all, but it must have worked, cause drat.

Edit: I guess this means it's farming-time :D

But wait... Do respawning bosses and their loot scale to lvl 50 after endgame? BNK3R is 48 now, will he be 50 after endgame?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 4, 2013

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

He'll probably be 51 or 52 at endgame, it all scales around you being level 50.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
I'll save my farming then, as I'm about to break 50 and getting close to the final mission! But first stop will definitely be BNK3R to gear up with b0re :D

T1g4h
Aug 6, 2008

I AM THE SCALES OF JUSTICE, CONDUCTOR OF THE CHOIR OF DEATH!

I remember co-op'ing with a few people as my Zer0 and they didn't know about that trick. We're all geared up for this massive battle, then I pull out my Vladof pistol, shred him in seconds, and go "Oh yeah. Uh... whoops. Sorry for making that one kind of anticlimactic, forgot about that little bug."

And this is why B0re is the funniest drat thing at certain times.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Greenplastic posted:

I'll save my farming then, as I'm about to break 50 and getting close to the final mission! But first stop will definitely be BNK3R to gear up with b0re :D

If I recall correctly he won't actually boost up to those levels until 2.5, after Jack is good and dead. That's when the whole world bumps up to level 50, all the way back to Knuckledragger and the Southern Shelf.

vv Yeah, 2.5 is the informal term for the world scaling up when you finish the last mission in TVHM, it isn't a formal transition like Normal to TVHM is.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Mar 4, 2013

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
Yeah, first stop after putting a bullet in that fuckers face :)

By the way, 2.5 doesn't entail starting a new playthrough right? You just hit continue and keep playing post-final-mission?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Greenplastic posted:

Yeah, first stop after putting a bullet in that fuckers face :)

By the way, 2.5 doesn't entail starting a new playthrough right? You just hit continue and keep playing post-final-mission?

That is correct.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

The White Dragon posted:

Where are these sweet spots? We've made it happen a few times now, but not to the point where it works reliably. Usually our Zero just spams him for a while and then it happens randomly, after we've already worked him down to half or less.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
I like to think it's sort of a like a Death Star thing where you shoot one little tiny point and the entire thing blows the gently caress up.

• Locked thread