Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quovak
Feb 2, 2009

See, the problem with online communication is that you can't feel my beard through the HTML.

In my mind, the Level 1 run was never the point of that thread; it was just an excuse to look at things in more depth than I otherwise would and keep things fresh for people who've played the game eight million times.

If you're going to do a run that's just about the challenge, trim the fat. Cut out the opening FMV and your snarky comments and just focus on mechanics all the time. If, instead, the challenge is an opportunity to show off the game, show it off. There's a scene you completely skip over that sets the tone of the game extremely well: Quistis tries to talk with Holden Squallfield as their walk seemlessly transitions to a 2-second FMV and back as if to say "Hey, we know how to use a PS1 now". It establishes their relationship, shows what a huge step forward this is from FF7 (technically if nothing else), establishes the school days tone/setting, and gives you plenty to snark at if you want to go that route. By cutting it out, you're making the thread inaccesible to people who don't know FF8. But if they do know FF8, why waste their time with six shots of Squall on a bed?

I strongly suggest the more maximalist approach; it's very, very hard to make repetition interesting, and you're already handicapped by cutting 80% of the mechanics. If you can't talk about what you can draw from this boss and why Encounter-None is broken as hell, and you don't care about Edea's role in the plot or Selphie's notes, and you aren't showing enough for a first-time player to follow the game, well...

Jump to a boss in the middle of the game; let's say one of the Fujin & Raijin fights. Walk me through the fight such that I can follow and should care. The best way to see what will and won't work is to try.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!

Quovak posted:

If you're going to do a run that's just about the challenge, trim the fat. Cut out the opening FMV and your snarky comments and just focus on mechanics all the time. If, instead, the challenge is an opportunity to show off the game, show it off.

Agreed. I only felt free to do my Shining Force challenge run because there's a complete LP in the archives, so I can limit plot to one or two sentences per battle.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
A better example would be Dr Pepper's low-level run of Final Fantasy V Advance, where he breezes through the plot and focuses on the actual mechanics of the game. Unless you had something interesting to contribute concerning the plot, you might as well skip it since Azure_Horizon already covered the plot pretty well in his LP of the game and instead focus on the actual mechanics of the challenge.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
This FF8 talk is making me miss Leovinus' redo of it.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Thanks for all the feedback; I'll do what most have suggested and trim most of the plot out and summarize it occasionally. I'll work on a new test post as well and see how well it goes.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Although the challenge makes itself much more apparent, I'd also suggest looking at ddegenha's Solo FF1 LP.

Omnicrom
Aug 3, 2007
Snorlax Afficionado

unpronounceable posted:

Although the challenge makes itself much more apparent, I'd also suggest looking at ddegenha's Solo FF1 LP.

And in the exact same vein Mega64's FFIII Solo character challenge. That thread is very well written in explaining mechanics, discussing the game, and he has fun with the gimmick that ddegenha inspired in the thread.

hitty
Mar 4, 2013

From what I gathered from the op I should just put the link to my test post here, right? It's a (hypothetical) first update of an Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine lp. There's no actual op yet though.

http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=10766

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

Hitfreezy posted:

From what I gathered from the op I should just put the link to my test post here, right? It's a (hypothetical) first update of an Indiana Jones and the Infernal Machine lp. There's no actual op yet though.

What size are your screenshots? They seem very large to me, probably want to bring them down a bit

EDIT: You know what, they are way too big eve top to bottom, they do not fit on my screen. I have my browser as big as it goes vertically too. Bring the size down quite a bit.

Brassherald fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Mar 5, 2013

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
1,364×768 is enormous. Shrink them down to 800x600 or something. I think slowbeef said a few pages back that he wouldn't peg someone for something around 1024, but drat those are huge right now.

Pizzatime
Apr 1, 2011

Brassherald posted:

What size are your screenshots? They seem very large to me, probably want to bring them down a bit

I'm psyched for some India and Infern.

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hitfreezy posted:

Why are you LPing this game? What exactly are you trying to show off?

Brassherald
Feb 3, 2012

Wait, I'm the one who calls people buttheads!

Volume posted:

Adding onto this a bit. I remember this game and enjoyed it, but recall a whole bunch of platforming and shooting. Is there a reason it is a SSLP in the first place rather than a VLP?

Noodleneck
Feb 4, 2013
Check me out! Let's play Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People!

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (hencetoforthwith referred to as SBCG4AP) originally came out on August 11, 2008 with episode 1, Homestar Ruiner. Telltale Games developed it, and they have since become one of my favorite developers. This game is mostly notable for being one of the last things that came out of the Homestar Runner franchise before it faded into relative obscurity.

Joining me for this is my partner in crime, Mr. Sunabouzu. He played the games before, and remembers almost nothing.

Episode 1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

My main gripes so far are audio-related. I feel like your commentary could be clearer, and it may just be my speakers, but it seems like the game audio clips a bit during dialogue.

Edit: Yeah, this is definitely not my speakers, the dialogue sounds AWFUL.

Edit 2: Your commentary's also really lacking. You're just kind of meandering on about nothing and it's not engaging at all.

vv No, I just played this through two months ago. It's not this bad in the actual game.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Mar 5, 2013

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

I noticed today when playing that the dialogue audio sometimes sounds a bit...weird in quality. There's a more noticeable effect here, but I'm not sure if they're related.

Also remember the dialog is kinda what drives this game, so try not to talk over it.

EDIT: ^^^ Yeah, I just re-opened it and it's not that bad. Something's up.

Color Printer fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Mar 5, 2013

Noodleneck
Feb 4, 2013
All right, I'll give it another shot with some more minimalistic solo commentary tomorrow.
As for the sound, I have no idea. It should be exactly what Fraps is picking up, but I might've screwed something up while encoding. I'll look into it.

shinmai
Oct 9, 2007

CHK Instruction

Noodleneck posted:

It should be exactly what Fraps is picking up, but I might've screwed something up while encoding.
It definitely sounds like it, what audio codec are you using? And are you either streamcopying the audio or passing it uncompressed for any intermediate encoding jobs before the final product? That kind of "watery" warble and wobble usually develops from encoding audio multiple times or encoding at a very high compression ratio, but your commentary doesn't seem low quality so I'd venture a guess that the game audio is somehow being encoded multiple times.

whitehelm
Apr 20, 2008

Hitfreezy posted:

This needs to be a VLP.

hitty
Mar 4, 2013

Hampooj posted:

1,364×768 is enormous. Shrink them down to 800x600 or something. I think slowbeef said a few pages back that he wouldn't peg someone for something around 1024, but drat those are huge right now.

Brassherald posted:

EDIT: You know what, they are way too big eve top to bottom, they do not fit on my screen. I have my browser as big as it goes vertically too. Bring the size down quite a bit.
Aside from the first few (I was still messing around with the settings) they're 1024x768. I didn't realize they would look this big. Is there a way I can shrink them directly in the post, or do I have to grab them in a lower resolution?

EDIT: Ok, i fixed it. Is the size okay now? http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=10774

Volume posted:

The game itself, really. It's kind of a nostalgic thing. I'll try and find all the secrets, since a few of them are the cool kind of secrets and someone might have missed them, but aside from that I wouldn't know what else to focus on.

Brassherald posted:

Adding onto this a bit. I remember this game and enjoyed it, but recall a whole bunch of platforming and shooting. Is there a reason it is a SSLP in the first place rather than a VLP?

whitehelm posted:

This needs to be a VLP.
The gameplay is more focused on puzzles than action, and the platforming is incredibly slow, so I thought screenshots might be less boring than a video.

hitty fucked around with this message at 13:43 on Mar 5, 2013

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Hitfreezy posted:

The gameplay is more focused on puzzles than action, and the platforming is incredibly slow, so I thought screenshots might be less boring than a video.

I honestly thought that first update was kind of boring. A brown wall, another brown wall, another brown wall, oh look; it's another brown wall.

Which is kind of why I asked what you're hoping to show off cause I didn't see much in that first update.

hitty
Mar 4, 2013

You're right, but that's basically just a small tutorial, the actual levels are more varied and pretty to see. I should have posted something from later on, but I haven't gotten much further, and to be honest I'm not really planning of doing this all the way. Not right now, at least. I was more interested in the "how do I make an lp" than in actually making one. Still listening to anything you have to say, of course.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
Maybe the game would work better as a hybrid LP then? I've never seen or heard of it before, so I honestly have no idea how interesting and entertaining it would be to see, but it does look like a game that would be better suited for video. The screenshots didn't look terrible, though. The quality was fine, they were just huge. I think most screenshot LP's go with either 600x480 or 800x600, or for older games/handheld/etc go with differing sizes or cropped shots.

Fragger
Aug 21, 2010

Hampooj posted:

Maybe the game would work better as a hybrid LP then? I've never seen or heard of it before, so I honestly have no idea how interesting and entertaining it would be to see, but it does look like a game that would be better suited for video

I agree video would be better. From what I remember of the game (which was when it came out) it is a horrible broken mess that would be a great game to have a few people get together and make fun of. Other than that it is a Tomb Raider knock off with more puzzles and less story

hitty
Mar 4, 2013

It's not that bad. The cheesiness is in tune with the character, and the puzzles are quite clever. There's not that much to make fun of, it's just very, very clunky.

Idran
Jan 13, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I don't Blip was especially huge anymore anyway because of the whole "episodic content only, no videogame recordings" thing, but something people should probably be aware of: they've started an application process for accounts instead of just letting anyone get an account and upload videos, and they're going to trim down existing accounts to only a select few that meet their new standards and kick everyone else off. http://www.tubefilter.com/2013/03/05/blip-application-web-series/

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
Sorry, incoming huge test OP.

Hard Reset was developed by Flying Wild Hog, a Polish based company that includes alumni from CD Projekt Red, City Interactive, and the makers of Painkiller. It was released on September 13, 2011 to mixed but largely favorable reviews. One of the biggest complaints of short game time and limited enemies was worked on by the free add on of 5 levels that continued the story and added new foes. This combined game is now the full official version.

The gameplay is clearly inspired by an age of games that has largely moved on by. It's all about moving fast and shooting faster. At it's core it tries really hard to be a funn shoot 'em up, and I feel it hits the mark. There's also a plot. This is what the manual claims:

The Manual posted:

The world as we know it ceased to exist. Humanity is at the verge of extinction, living in the last closed city of Bezoar. Mankind wages war against machines, controlling vast areas of what became the ‘Barrens’. Machines want to control and assimilate ‘The Sanctuary’, a network that holds billions of digitalized human minds. Our hero, Maj. Fletcher, is a soldier of CLN – a corporation combat unit, established to protect the city. Machines are constantly assaulting the walls of Bezoar. Fletcher moves in when Bezoar’s protective barrier is breached.

The LP
I will be showing off all the weapons, all the secrets, and as much of the Nano collecting as possible. Joining me will be Chocolate Donuts, friend and compatriot. The plan is do do one update weekly at a minimum, but I've never done a video LP before so we shall see how things shake out. I'd like to do biweekly updates.

Spoilers?
Please no spoilers of any kind. The game is not too in depth, but I'd still like to keep a lid on things.

Videos

Video One - Sector 6 Youtube

*****SECOND POST BEGINS HERE*****

Weapons/Upgrades
The gun system is quite interesting. The player has access to the CLN Firearm, and an N.R.G. Weapon. Each pulls from it's own pool of ammo. You can then purchase new firing modes for these guns, which let's you use more useful and powerful attacks. I'll be prioritizing upgrading the weapons over some of the other upgrades in order to show all the types of guns off, but it will take a while.

CLN Firearm Upgrades

ASSAULT RIFLE
  • Gatling Barrel Block – A primary weapon mode for the CLN Firearm. A rapid-firing machinegun. Select the Assault Rifle, then press Primary Attack Key to fire.
  • Magnifying Scope -The Magnifying Scope allows you to zoom in on enemies. Select the Assault Rifle and hold Secondary Attack Key to use it.
  • Turbo Engine – Assault Rifle rate of fire increased.
    COMBAT SHOTGUN
  • Shotgun Module - The Shotgun hits all enemies in a short range frontal arc. Select the Shotgun then press Primary Attack Key to fire.
  • EMP Flechettes - EMP Flechettes paralyse enemies on impact. Select the Shotgun and press Secondary Attack Key to launch them.
  • Recoil Spring – Shorter Shotgun reload time.
    GRENADE LAUNCHER
  • Grenade Launcher - The Grenade Launcher shoots explosive grenades. Select the Greande Launcher and press Primary Attack Key to fire.
  • Gravity Grenade - A Gravity Grenade pulls all enemies in range towards it and holds them in a gravity field for a short amount of time. Select the Greande Launcher and press Secondary Attack Key to use it.
  • Reaction Amplifier - Grenade area of effect increased.
    RPG
  • RPG Attachment - The RPG shoots rockets that explode on a direct hit. Select the Rocket Launcher mode and press Primary Attack Key to fire.
  • Laser Aiming Module -The Laser Aiming module allows you to guide the missile to a target. Select the Rocket Launcher mode, launch a rocket and hold Secondary Attack Key to mark your target.
  • Hi Explosive Barrage – RPG explosive cluster warhead.
    PROXIMITY MINES
  • Proximity Mine Launcher - The Triple Tap Mode shoots mines that stick to both obstacles and enemies and explode when an enemy comes into the vicinity. Select the Sticky Mine Launcher and press Primary Attack Key to shoot.
  • Manual Detonator - The Manual Detonator allows you to manually detonate any sticky mine you shoot. Select the Sticky Mine Launcher mode, shoot a mine and press Secondary Attack Key to use it.
  • Extended Pod - Increased amount of proximity mines in the field.

N.R.G. Weapon Upgrades

PLASMA RIFLE
  • Plasma Generator – A primary weapon mode for the N.R.G. Weapon. A rapid-firing plasma rifle.
  • Plasma Condenser - The Plasma Condenser allows to charge up plasma energy and shoot a cumulative plasma projectile. Select the Plasma Rifle then hold Secondary Attack Key and release to shoot.
  • Magnetic Sling - Plasma velocity and frequency increased, faster charge rate.
    SHOCK BLASTER
  • Electric Taser - The Shock Blaster fires beams of electric current, electrocuting all the enemies in a frontal arc. Select the Shock Blaster and hold Primary Attack Key to shoot.
  • EMP Generator - The Emp Generator allows you to launch an EMP pulse that will cripple all nearby enemies. Select the Shock Blaster and press Secondary Attack Key to use it.
  • Tesla Coil - Blaster total range increased.
    ELECTRIC MORTAR
  • Electric Launcher - The Electric Mortar fires a sticky projectile that launches beams of electric current on impact. Select the Electric Mortar and press Primary Attack Key to shoot.
  • Stasis Grenade - A Stasis Grenade emits a stasis field on impact that will freeze enemies for a short amount of time. Select the Electric Mortar and press Secondary Attack Key to shoot.
  • Hi Capacitor - Electric Mine and Stasis Grenade area of effect increased.
    RAILGUN
  • Particle Compressor - The Particle Cannon beam will penetrate both enemies and obstacles, allowing you to shoot through walls. Select the Particle Cannon and press Primary Attack Key to shoot.
  • X-Ray scope - The X-Ray scope allows you to see enemies through walls. This mode drains weapon energy while active. Select the Particle Cannon and hold Secondary Attack Key to use it.
  • Charging Turbine – Faster particle cannon recharge.
    SMARTGUN
  • Guidance System - The Smartgun allows you to see enemies through walls and shoot homing projectiles that will penetrate any obstacles in their way. Select the Smartgun and press Primary Attack Key to shoot.
  • Targeting Device - The Targeting Device allows you to lock on an enemy and launch a series of devastating obstacle-penetrating projectiles. Select the Smartgun, hold Secondary Attack Key to lock on an enemy, after the lock on icon appears, release to shoot the projectiles.
  • Fusion Cell - Smartgun projectiles cause more damage.

Combat Gear Upgrades

TACTICAL SCANNER
  • Directional Sensor - Displays the direction of incoming damage.
  • Tactical Scanner - Displays enemy positions on HUD radar.
  • Awarness Module - Displays N.A.N.O. pack positions on radar.
    TRAUMA PACK
  • Hormone Dose - Critical health level triggers enhanced perception mode - you become super fast for a limited time.
  • Enhanced Hormone Dose - Increases damage resistance in enhanced perception mode.
  • Double Hormone Dose - Enhanced perception mode lasts longer.
    HI-CAPACITOR
  • Hi Capacity Magazine - Increases max weapon capacity.
  • N.R.G. Filter - Pickups regenerate more ammunition and energy.
  • Restore Compartment - Weapon ammunition and energy regenerates faster.
    MEDICAL MODULE
  • Endurance Controller - Max hit points increased.
  • Enhanced Centrifuge - Medkits regenerate more hit points.
  • Nano Tourniquet - Increased damage resistance.
    SHIELD EMITTER
  • Shield Booster - Max shield capacity increased.
  • Defensive Generator - Increases shield regeneration speed.
  • Regenerative Module - Shield regeneration starts sooner after taking damage.

Beastiary
As I encounter enemies I'll be giving you the rundown of them here. These Health and Shield values represent enemy health on Easy.

M.M.U.6M Pecker
A very basic melee rush enemy. They are almost always found in large groups and make a bee-line for the player. Their only attack is to jump at the player in an attempt to slash them.

M.E.U.34M Savage
A suicide unit comprised of a bomb with legs. If the player is at distance the Savage will curl into a ball and launch himself to cover the distance. They explode on death, or on command once within range of the player.

M.R.U11B Gorilla
The Gorilla is a tank, taking a lot of damage to kill. Its main attacks are to rush the player, knocking them backwards and dishing out lots of pain. They can also stomp their foot to release a shockwave that will damage the player.

JossiRossi fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Mar 7, 2013

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

I'd say put all that upgrade and bestiary stuff in your second post rather than your op, or at least below the videos.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
You are absolutely right. That's been indicated. Such a simple answer to an issue I'd been trying to tackle for about half an hour.

NeHatchick
Feb 4, 2013

by T. Mascis
What do you guys think about the video quality?

Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkU8fmTTuw

Fraps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEOusPIn6E

Now, obviously fraps is better, but it never works for me. It randomly freezes during the game when I record, the FPS counter stays red at '60' fps and only unfreezes when I push f9 to stop recording. It really pisses me off. Any suggestions for recording software that will not lag?

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

I prefer camera, as you mentioned it's more reliable and allows you to engage the viewer much better (for example you were able to point and flail your hand at the screen to call the viewer's attention to nothing in particular). The angle of the camera gives the impression that we are truly sitting in on a gameplay session which is much more inviting than the cold precision of screen recording.

Cool Ghost
Apr 13, 2012

MORE YOU SWEAT、
LESS YOU BLEED。
MORE YOU WEEP、
LESS GAME OVERS。
...OVER
Don't use a camcorder to do an LP.

Orange Fluffy Sheep
Jul 26, 2008

Bad EXP received
I'd say if you have to pick between bad and worse just don't do an LP.

But Fraps is infinitely better and use it and if it doesn't work then don't do an LP.

Habermann
Nov 3, 2007

by Lowtax

NeHatchick posted:

What do you guys think about the video quality?

Camera: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkkU8fmTTuw

Fraps: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqEOusPIn6E

Now, obviously fraps is better, but it never works for me. It randomly freezes during the game when I record, the FPS counter stays red at '60' fps and only unfreezes when I push f9 to stop recording. It really pisses me off. Any suggestions for recording software that will not lag?

Do you seriously need to ask us whether you should be filming your monitor using your camcorder, or using proper screen-recording software? Do you seriously not notice yourself the massive improvement in quality when you use FRAPS versus a camera four feet away from your screen? Do you seriously not understand how FRAPS works / how to un-cap your FPS, or why you wouldn't want to be recording at a FPS higher than 30 in the first place? Does your computer seriously have issues with stuttering / freezing while attempting to record a game as graphic non-intensive as loving Minecraft?

And most importantly, are you seriously contemplating adding another goddamn Minecraft LP to the pile of them already on YouTube? I would ask "what do you plan on doing differently," or "why should I watch your LP instead of the literal thousands of others?" But it's clear from skimming through both of your videos that the answers to those questions are "nothing" and "no reason," respectively.

On the bright side, I didn't hear you calling the monsters "gays" or "faggots" or anything like that, which is a major improvement over your ill-conceived / poorly received Tiny Toons Adventure LP. I could have easily missed you doing that in these videos, though, since I only watched a combined two minutes of both of them.

EDIT:

Niggurath posted:

I think the greater question is why are any of you taking troll bait? I would have assumed the camcorder recording would have hinted a bit to that end or the posters previous probations for being terrible, but I certainly hope you guys aren't taking it seriously.

His YouTube channel (as well as it's accompanying Facebook page and Twitter profile) would seem to indicate he's very serious about this LP / Minecraft videos / doing some sort of video LP of Minecraft at some point. By all of which I mean he seems very serious about making money off of Minecraft by aiming for YouTube partnership or what have you.

Habermann fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 6, 2013

Vifs
Jan 13, 2010

Plllllllaydies :heysexy:

I think your voice is pretty chill and relaxing.

discworld is all I read
Apr 7, 2009

DAIJOUBU!! ... Daijoubu ?? ?
I think the greater question is why are any of you taking troll bait? I would have assumed the camcorder recording would have hinted a bit to that end or the posters previous probations for being terrible, but I certainly hope you guys aren't taking it seriously.

Hampooj
Jul 26, 2010
Go with the camera method. I would also like to direct your attention to this post and the next few dozen replies for more great advice and tips on how to improve your LP mastery. Minecraft is a good start, though.

Nate H
Mar 5, 2013

The ride never ends!
So I was trying to do a Luigi's Mansion Let's Play:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMJ0wr-3ehI (Area 1 Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkamKF-n4OU (Area 2 Part 1)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kXxAjMca-w (Area 2 Part 2)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLc5E40gYJo (Area 2 Part 3)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtvzEqY5Glg (Area 2 Part 4)

I'm mainly looking for criticism.

Also, what's the key to creating an LP thread? When I created one for this game earlier I was promptly shot down and asked to relocate to the Sandcastle.

Nate H fucked around with this message at 08:36 on Mar 6, 2013

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
How could you rush so hard to LP this game that you couldn't record the intro? What does that even mean? Take your time -- we don't demand daily updates or anything. Make the best LP you can, without any time pressure. If you failed to record some part half-way through for X technical reasons and it would be hard to re-record, and you explained it in the thread, I'd cut you some slack, but you can literally just start a new game, record a new intro, and then edit the two together.

Why did you post five videos instead of one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Egomaniac
Mar 23, 2006

Nate H posted:

Also, what's the key to creating an LP thread? When I created one for this game earlier I was promptly shot down and asked to relocate to the Sandcastle.

Start by lurking the subforum for awhile. Check out some other threads and watch the videos and see what they do. And I mean watch the entire video every time, follow some LPs from start to finish, not just skip around in a couple and call it a day. You'll get a good idea of what we expect - at least enough to make a test post for your own LP in this thread. Expect this to take some significant time, but that's okay. There's no rush.

• Locked thread