Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain_duck
Dec 3, 2005

I swear nice bushes!
This new event is very unstable on my experia play phone. I usually get a crash every once in a while, but now i cant even get through a normal battle anymore, and hell i cant even attack the raid bosses once. Goddamn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PrinnySquadron
Dec 8, 2009

I ended up getting a couple of tier monsters because i Like the game but yeah, hopefully it's a one-off thing. Is this event also dropping Pixite like mad for ayone else? I seem to be getting tons of it.

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

PrinnySquadron posted:

I ended up getting a couple of tier monsters because i Like the game but yeah, hopefully it's a one-off thing. Is this event also dropping Pixite like mad for ayone else? I seem to be getting tons of it.

Yeah it is making GBS threads out pixite nonstop. I've gotten over 100 so far today and that was without buying Bitters or Nux.

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I just pulled an elite wolf riding dude on my first 100 coin try with coins I got from installing and dumping other mobage games. It's not the paragon unit, but its not bad for free monopoly money.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
Here's a fun bug that's sure to get fixed. Go into a boss battle, then set your phone down for 5 minutes. The boss will get killed by the other people before you finish your turn, and your BP will be refunded. You'll still get the reward based on how many BP you spent (1 ikkupi 10 pts/3 ikkupi 50 pts) and you get the raid completion bonus for last place (300 pts) but you'll have your BP back.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
Just so everyone's aware, there is no need to hoard BP. You can only have three at once, and they regenerate(even without the insane amount of nux bits that are thrown at you). Also, the faster the raid boss dies, the more you can fight for more rewards. Everyone wins! There is no reason to "game" BP.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

This game sucks as progression. One level your fight a super easy boss that only does 100 damage and has 10,000 hp with pretty low defense. Next your facing a 24,000 hp boss that deals 600 damage to all atleast once a round. It also has more the twice the defense and wisdom so enjoy barely denting it.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor

What Fun posted:

Just so everyone's aware, there is no need to hoard BP. You can only have three at once, and they regenerate(even without the insane amount of nux bits that are thrown at you). Also, the faster the raid boss dies, the more you can fight for more rewards. Everyone wins! There is no reason to "game" BP.

I have to reply to say that sadly that's not been my experience today, one BP every 30 minutes isn't very fast and I've already gone through what little Nux I'd built up again from the end of the pvp event. BP/Nux is a severely limiting factor unless you just pop on to move 6 times and fight twice every 90 minutes or so.

I'm at rank 30ish where the xp per level is up to 900 or so, I'd imagine the rank 60+ people are having it even worse.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~
I don't spend any money on bitters, so the Nux bits that I have are more then plentiful, but I concede that if you're burning through energy it might not be enough.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Shwqa posted:

This game sucks as progression. One level your fight a super easy boss that only does 100 damage and has 10,000 hp with pretty low defense. Next your facing a 24,000 hp boss that deals 600 damage to all atleast once a round. It also has more the twice the defense and wisdom so enjoy barely denting it.

100k HP and 240k HP. The 240k HP one can be considered easier since it doesn't do that Divvy All thing at the start (wait until you see their advanced versions and they take out half your formation on turn 1).

Most bosses you won't be able to damage much if you don't 3BP them.

Fazana posted:

I'm at rank 30ish where the xp per level is up to 900 or so, I'd imagine the rank 60+ people are having it even worse.

You mean class? Around 60+ each class up takes 1000 exp. I don't know if this changes at class 100 or so, but that's been my experience up to class 91 or whatever I am.

I also agree that if you're not competing, you're better off saving your nux bits and just attacking once every 1.5h or so. Since there's no daily rewards it doesn't seem worth it to blow any of them right now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Clocks posted:

100k HP and 240k HP. The 240k HP one can be considered easier since it doesn't do that Divvy All thing at the start (wait until you see their advanced versions and they take out half your formation on turn 1).

Most bosses you won't be able to damage much if you don't 3BP them.

I'm fine with that but I would like a better difficulty curve. Right now the boss go from made for beginners, made for low self but max leveled epics, made for 5/5 epics with edge and no where in between.

Also the 100k one is a pussycat because it only does the divvy all once. Just lets your weakest side take a hit and then your fine. He only uses hit all attacks on the first line each round.

Edit: Man the prizes for this event suck. To get that first rare you have to get to a certain rank and beat the entire 2nd area. Get the rank is easy. Beating the areas is easy. But it require so much energy and BP that its a bit ridiculous. If you aren't buying bitters, epics, and BP then don't waste your items on this events. Just grab the 3 pixite for each boss, nux, and the golden trees and wait for the next event.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Mar 5, 2013

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Well this event is a full week and not the normal 3/5 days we've had. So getting that far might not be super insane in a full 7 days.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

I push buttons. I turn dials. I read numbers. Sometimes I make up little stories in my head about what the numbers mean.
Grimey Drawer
I've been running across a lot of people waiting for someone to damage the boss before attacking, and the boss ends up timing out.

I don't think I've gotten a kill in the last 3 raid bosses.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

pixaal posted:

Well this event is a full week and not the normal 3/5 days we've had. So getting that far might not be super insane in a full 7 days.

Yeah but I'm used to 1-3.3 rares a day, not a reasonable amount :( (I'm still getting that with pixite so I guess it works out nicely)

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
yeah. Earlier on I had to rush to get in the top 3 and now I have four pending fights where nobody is participating. it's honestly easier to just blow through the stages and tab out of every boss fight.

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
The sheer amount of pixite the event is dumping out would be a lot nicer if it wasn't for the fact that pretty much 90% of that pixite will turn into a lovely fighter. Can't wait for more harpies and griffons and dumb bearded fairy dudes :shepface:

PotatoManJack
Nov 9, 2009
Maybe I would know better if I'd been playing longer and had done some other events like this one, but I actualyl quite enjoyed the event so far. I've got a low level team that got pretty wrecked by the raid bosses, but so what. It's not like party wiping even does anything if it's against a raid boss. You still go back to where you were and continue your journey like nothing happened. You get a whole bunch of NUX and pixite to boot too.

I really found it quite a nice distraction from the normal game, and even if all that pixite only gets me some commons/uncommons and tree dudes, I'm ok with that because I can use them.

Cheap Trick
Jan 4, 2007

I started playing today and I'm finding the current event rather fun. Even scored a prize from getting 3rd on a raid boss?

Added myself to the spreadsheet as CheapTrickster.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I hate how sneaky they're trying to be with this event. They don't mention the chance of getting the epic dragon in the first place. It could be .1% and go to 1% after you spent $169. The stats on it are also really deceiving because next week it will only have 4600 attack at max level. I don't have any epics so I'm not even sure if that is good or not compared to others.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ZeroAX posted:

I hate how sneaky they're trying to be with this event. They don't mention the chance of getting the epic dragon in the first place. It could be .1% and go to 1% after you spent $169. The stats on it are also really deceiving because next week it will only have 4600 attack at max level. I don't have any epics so I'm not even sure if that is good or not compared to others.

I don't know. I have 2 epics, and neither of them have 4600 attack. One has 2500 wisdom and 2000 speed, and the other has about 1800 attack. Mine are only 0/5 SEF though so It's hard to say. The worst thing about it is that event epic is the only way to do any good in this event. I've got a lineup of monsters that has about 1200-1400 attack or 1800+ magic. Even when they all hit optimally and I spend 3bp, I'm still having a hell of a time cracking 100k damage over three turns on the easiest boss. I can't even scratch the level 20+ raid bosses.

I kinda hope that this event is a huge flop money wise for them and they realize that keeping the events competitive for everybody is the way to go. If everyone can compete, the whales are going to spend money to stay on top, and the people who don't spend a whole lot can still can feel like they are in the running. Hell, that last PvP event was awesome. Sure I got crushed in the 2nd echelon, but I had no qualms dropping 5$ on bitters/nux, and i'm sure there were a lot of others in the same boat. That sort of small spending adds up I'd argue it would be easier to get 25 people who aren't big spenders to part with 5$ than it would be to get one of them to drop 125.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

$119 for a guaranteed epic, technically. I have a friend who went up to that step and ended up with 3 (two in a pack, and one from self-fusing the rares). It's true though that it could be a 0.1% chance normally that goes up to 1% chance per draw in the highest pack, for example.

Also, if you think Mobage will stop with the money-making, hahahaha hell no buddy. DOT is currently #37 top grossing app on the US iOS app store. The top 200 (maybe even top 250 or 300, since I haven't checked since last time) people in this event have at least one of the paragon epics. Not all of them would have spent the full $120 but some of them may have, for sure. Now, that doesn't mean there will be step-up "tier" builds each time, but it's definitely a feature of other games like this that I've played (Blood Brothers, Fantasica both do it) every few events. Also, you would be completely wrong if you thought getting a few people to chip in $5 each is better than getting a whale to spend hundreds or thousands. They're called whales for a reason, and that's because they WILL spend hundreds, thousands of dollars, and you'd need hundreds of people spending $5 each to make up for just one whale. And the exclusive rank rewards for the top few places are more than enough to get some people to drop a couple hundred on an event like this.

Now, how good is the epic?

Vulca (the Twilight of Dragons paragon epic)
HP: 1983 Attack: 4615 Defense: 1005 Magic: 4381 Speed: 1335
Velthur (rank reward for current event)
HP: 4368 Attack: 4992 Defense: 2676 Magic: 629 Speed: 837
Zalmoxis (the PVP Echelons event epic that you could get for competing)
HP: 5027 Attack: 4249 Defense: 2181 Magic: 428 Speed: 1631
Ataneedusu (phoenix epic that was rank reward for PVP Echelons event)
HP: 2654 Attack: 4032 Defense: 1377 Magic: 831 Speed: 4182
Wigo (rank reward for the last mob raid event, BotB)
HP: 1734 Attack: 1218 Defense: 785 Magic: 4989 Speed: 4749
Labashi (one of the hero fighters for this event -- the deer)
HP: 3647 Attack: 3108 Defense: 1638 Magic: 333 Speed: 1233

So, about as good as any other epic that you get from competing in an event. You'll notice the last one I mentioned, Labashi, has way lower stats, and isn't as good. I don't have the stats for normal non-event epics but I'm pretty sure they won't be that good either. I'm willing to bet the epic pope Baderic or whatever his name is has really good stats, for example (I would guess 7k magic, 5k speed, but only about 800 HP or so).

The Hebug
May 24, 2004
I am a bug...

Is there a good database of hero stats? I'm not sure what rares I should focus my ikkupi on.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Clocks posted:

$119 for a guaranteed epic, technically. I have a friend who went up to that step and ended up with 3 (two in a pack, and one from self-fusing the rares). It's true though that it could be a 0.1% chance normally that goes up to 1% chance per draw in the highest pack, for example.

Also, if you think Mobage will stop with the money-making, hahahaha hell no buddy. DOT is currently #37 top grossing app on the US iOS app store. The top 200 (maybe even top 250 or 300, since I haven't checked since last time) people in this event have at least one of the paragon epics. Not all of them would have spent the full $120 but some of them may have, for sure. Now, that doesn't mean there will be step-up "tier" builds each time, but it's definitely a feature of other games like this that I've played (Blood Brothers, Fantasica both do it) every few events. Also, you would be completely wrong if you thought getting a few people to chip in $5 each is better than getting a whale to spend hundreds or thousands. They're called whales for a reason, and that's because they WILL spend hundreds, thousands of dollars, and you'd need hundreds of people spending $5 each to make up for just one whale. And the exclusive rank rewards for the top few places are more than enough to get some people to drop a couple hundred on an event like this.

Now, how good is the epic?

Vulca (the Twilight of Dragons paragon epic)
HP: 1983 Attack: 4615 Defense: 1005 Magic: 4381 Speed: 1335
Velthur (rank reward for current event)
HP: 4368 Attack: 4992 Defense: 2676 Magic: 629 Speed: 837
Zalmoxis (the PVP Echelons event epic that you could get for competing)
HP: 5027 Attack: 4249 Defense: 2181 Magic: 428 Speed: 1631
Ataneedusu (phoenix epic that was rank reward for PVP Echelons event)
HP: 2654 Attack: 4032 Defense: 1377 Magic: 831 Speed: 4182
Wigo (rank reward for the last mob raid event, BotB)
HP: 1734 Attack: 1218 Defense: 785 Magic: 4989 Speed: 4749
Labashi (one of the hero fighters for this event -- the deer)
HP: 3647 Attack: 3108 Defense: 1638 Magic: 333 Speed: 1233

So, about as good as any other epic that you get from competing in an event. You'll notice the last one I mentioned, Labashi, has way lower stats, and isn't as good. I don't have the stats for normal non-event epics but I'm pretty sure they won't be that good either. I'm willing to bet the epic pope Baderic or whatever his name is has really good stats, for example (I would guess 7k magic, 5k speed, but only about 800 HP or so).

My only argument is that the guys spending big bucks will be spending big bucks regardless. But there are ways of creating incentive to spend for those of us who aren't willing to drop 100 bucks every week. The PvP event did that pretty drat well by creating segregated competition between the spenders and the non spenders. Hell I dropped 5 bucks one night just to make sure I won an echelon and moved up. This event not so much. They are just leaving money on the table by ignoring the little guys.

Imagine something like a Pixite doubler for 1000 moba coins or something. I'll bet a lot of people would drop 10 bucks to double their drops for an event. It wouldn't really throw events out of whack, as the epic rate is still abysmally low. They can keep the things like the tier builds. That's a great idea. I'd just be happy with some way to throw a small amount of money at them that doesn't feel like a huge waste and keeps me interested in the game.

God Damn Dam God fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Mar 5, 2013

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
I got the Paragon on my 2nd build :)

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Mozi posted:

I got the Paragon on my 2nd build :)

Congrats, lucky bastard.

D is That Guy posted:

My only argument is that the guys spending big bucks will be spending big bucks regardless. But there are ways of creating incentive to spend for those of us who aren't willing to drop 100 bucks every week. The PvP event did that pretty drat well by creating segregated competition between the spenders and the non spenders. Hell I dropped 5 bucks one night just to make sure I won an echelon and moved up. This event not so much. They are just leaving money on the table by ignoring the little guys.

Oh, I see what you mean. I guess that would require some creativity, though. I think DOT has done this better than other similar games -- for example, I think pavilions for $1 are actually a pretty good purchase for a low spender, and occasionally they will have a build that starts off as $1 for a guaranteed rare (and maybe an epic!?). Even the step ups are sort of like that, though -- this very thread has examples of people who maybe spent just $1-10 on the first few steps to see if they were lucky. I would go for a drop doubler, but I don't see this game introducing something like that.

The Hebug posted:

Is there a good database of hero stats? I'm not sure what rares I should focus my ikkupi on.
Outside of random forums discussing this game, the only other real resource I've found is this wikia. I've been editing it, but it badly needs more interest/editors. The page you're interested in is the fighters page. The one issue is that it's hard to pull out stat values for this game. Minimum stats are level 0 stats, and you don't see those if you got something from self-fusion. Even worse, max stats are either the final evolution at level 60 (rares) or 80 (epics) or else the 4/5 SEF version (ie, a 4/5 SEF level 54 rare). So until people take notice and fill them in, we won't be able to get a good picture of stats. The game will occasionally tell you max stats. This is fine for epics, but the rare max stats they provide are for a hypothetical 5/5 SEF level 60 rare which is impossible when the rare evolves the moment it hits 4/5 SEF, so that can't be used as a metric either.

If you want, PM me or drop a list here of rares you have and I can attempt to give you advice. I have all the common --> rares and I think I've owned most of the uncommon --> rares too. I've also been around to have a lot of the event rares. Not all of them are leveled to any extent but I can make a good guess about which fighters are better than others.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
You know an event sucks when a game you were checking every 30 minutes the day before hasn't been fired up at all at 3.30pm the next day.

I should login and advance through the missions at least and use the 30 minute BPs but by last night barely 1 in 5 fights were being finished, sometimes it looked like I was the only one who had even participated.

Edit: VVV I have one of those ticking down atm, a level 150 Harvester with 5m hp and only 2 of us participating so far with 35 minutes to go.

Edit 2: Yup, no-one else even entered. The points input has slowed to a crawl. I presume the level of the raid mobs is tied to the mission? I might try some of the very early missions again to see if I can get the low level raids to at least pick some points up.

Fazana fucked around with this message at 18:19 on Mar 6, 2013

andrew smash
Jun 26, 2006

smooth soul
I got lucky and found a boss raid fight against one of the harvestmen bosses with 5 million HP or whatever it is and got sorted into a group with 2 very high level players. I spent 1 nux, did like 10k damage to it before it wiped me and still placed third when they killed it.

yaay
Aug 4, 2006

to Accursed 2 leave armour
this is entirely confirmation bias and I have no hard evidence whatsoever, but I'd swear they hosed with pixite the same way somebody mentioned they did to doxite last week. I'm utterly sick of 7/10 drops being ikkupi that I've become grateful for even the shittiest commons I can use for self-fusing.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

yaay posted:

this is entirely confirmation bias and I have no hard evidence whatsoever, but I'd swear they hosed with pixite the same way somebody mentioned they did to doxite last week. I'm utterly sick of 7/10 drops being ikkupi that I've become grateful for even the shittiest commons I can use for self-fusing.

I'd call it confirmation bias. I did a 300+ pixite pull from my converted Doxite this morning, While I did get a ton of Ikkupis, It was only about 1/3rd of the total pixite I had spent.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

I *wish* I was getting Ikkupis from pixite. I've actually been getting a decent number of rares/uncommons and no trash to feed them.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I feel like on average you can expect maybe 50% ikkupis. Sometimes you'll get 8/10, sometimes 2/10 etc. If you don't need any more, the former will piss you off. But it averages out. The issue with doxite was that normally it was a lot easier to get uncommons/event units, not that it spit out a bunch of ikkupi (it always did that).

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

Fazana posted:

You know an event sucks when a game you were checking every 30 minutes the day before hasn't been fired up at all at 3.30pm the next day.

I should login and advance through the missions at least and use the 30 minute BPs but by last night barely 1 in 5 fights were being finished, sometimes it looked like I was the only one who had even participated.

Edit: VVV I have one of those ticking down atm, a level 150 Harvester with 5m hp and only 2 of us participating so far with 35 minutes to go.

Edit 2: Yup, no-one else even entered. The points input has slowed to a crawl. I presume the level of the raid mobs is tied to the mission? I might try some of the very early missions again to see if I can get the low level raids to at least pick some points up.

Yeah, that's what I started to do, when I have full stamina I'll try to advance and mostly ignore the bosses, if it looks like others are taking it down I'll "contribute" 1nux worth or about 10k damage, then I'll go to the first dungeon section where 50k damage means something.

The problem is the same as the ambushes, the bosses scale so much faster then the mobs, I've been able to get to 2-7 without using even duct tape, but each round in a boss fight in that area means 1 or 3 dead and unnoticeable damage done.

God Damn Dam God
Dec 24, 2004

Grimey Drawer

keeper posted:

Yeah, that's what I started to do, when I have full stamina I'll try to advance and mostly ignore the bosses, if it looks like others are taking it down I'll "contribute" 1nux worth or about 10k damage, then I'll go to the first dungeon section where 50k damage means something.

The problem is the same as the ambushes, the bosses scale so much faster then the mobs, I've been able to get to 2-7 without using even duct tape, but each round in a boss fight in that area means 1 or 3 dead and unnoticeable damage done.

The raid bosses are separate from dungeon progression. I usually have my entire team die against the level 150 raid bosses, and they are all back for dungeon progression with no damage.

keeper
Jun 5, 2002

D is That Guy posted:

The raid bosses are separate from dungeon progression. I usually have my entire team die against the level 150 raid bosses, and they are all back for dungeon progression with no damage.

Yeah I know, that's one improvement from the ambushes but it still means you have to be way overleveled for the actual dungeon to be useful in the boss fight.

-or use up 30 nux which is what I'm sure they want you to do.

edit: are there other ways to gain experience? a few times I thought "not going to increase my class today" only to suddenly see I only have 120 to go.

keeper fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Mar 6, 2013

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

I don't think it's that bad. I can't do harvestmen, but the harder Kite and Quadimodo I can do the majority of damage on. The longer you play / the better fighters you have, the better you'll do. That's how progression works.

mcpringles
Jan 26, 2004

I've been lucky and got MVP twice and 2nd or 3rd maybe 10 times or so even though I can only do 50-70k with 3BP.

Has anyone got to the 3rd area yet? Are the rewards any different? I still have 2 missions left in the second area.

Fazana
Mar 5, 2011

Dancing Elephant
Instructor
I got most of my points on day 1, I went over the 30k total just now. I still enter a raid if I have a BP but I don't use any of my built up Nux atm as I've had only 1 raid finish all day so far so it would just be a waste.

Maybe it will pick up now it's later in the day for the US players.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Well I broke down and finally spent some money on the game. They got 10 bucks, I got the paragon :getin:. At level 1 he can do over half of the level 40 boss with the 400% edge.

Edit: HAHAHAHA the bring enemy to 10% hp skill works on bosses.

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Mar 6, 2013

Duranki
Nov 16, 2004

There is vengeance to be dealt, Marc Spector. And you have not lost your taste for such things. Have you?
That's weird, I just coughed up 300 coins for step 2 of the tiered build and scored two rares. Do you get extra draws as you go up the tiers? I thought the only thing that went up was the dotcoin cost and your chances of getting a paragon?

Oh yeah, I got a lovely Amalusta. For the second time. Count me firmly in the 'unlucky draw' camp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Duranki posted:

That's weird, I just coughed up 300 coins for step 2 of the tiered build and scored two rares. Do you get extra draws as you go up the tiers? I thought the only thing that went up was the dotcoin cost and your chances of getting a paragon?

Oh yeah, I got a lovely Amalusta. For the second time. Count me firmly in the 'unlucky draw' camp.

Yeah I think by x2 chance to get paragon, they mean you get 2 draws.

• Locked thread