Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grassy Knowles
Apr 4, 2003

"The original Terminator was a gritty fucking AMAZING piece of sci-fi. Gritty fucking rock-hard MURDER!"

The Rokstar posted:

Has anyone else who has Fairway Solitaire HD been able to get to the daily courses today? My game keeps crashing when I try to open the daily menu. I upgraded to 6.1.2 and jailbroke last night so one of those things could possibly be causing my problem because it was working just fine before that.

Works fine on my end, ipad 4 latest iOS no jailbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Corridor posted:

Yeah, this game is a pretty much entirely a maze, and if you're having trouble now it's not gonna get easier.

Assuming you're still riiight at the start, your goal is to head to the left-ish and find the windmill.

Yeah I got to the windmill before I posted. I got to the cave/well thing... saw signs on the trees. But I can't seem to ever interact with anything... I just get there and go inside and it's a dead end or something...

KominAaa
Jun 5, 2005

[vocoder]
Ask-me-about-M4RX15M and-80s-era-spacesynth
[/vocoder]

Palpek posted:

Because there's no thread for this game and you're the dev I'd like to add some more criticizm.

Thank you for your input, the game is being totally rebalanced for the Steam version, as there wont be any IAPs.
I'll see if we can make the anim go super fast if you press a key while it's playing.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Feenix posted:

Yeah I got to the windmill before I posted. I got to the cave/well thing... saw signs on the trees. But I can't seem to ever interact with anything... I just get there and go inside and it's a dead end or something...

Did you, uh, talk to the girl inside the windmill?

Necroneocon
May 12, 2009

by Shine

Det_no posted:

Strategy fan? Might like hearing that Hero Mages is currently free. It looks kind of amateur and apparently there's some odd IAP (at least in the android version, I hear.) but so far it looks perfectly serviceable, has multiplayer and free is free.

Thanks for this. It is actually pretty awesome and combines all of the genres I love well: Strategy, Cards, and RPG dice!

Adept Nightingale
Feb 7, 2005

KominAaa posted:

Thank you for your input, the game is being totally rebalanced for the Steam version, as there wont be any IAPs.
I'll see if we can make the anim go super fast if you press a key while it's playing.

That'd be amazing.

Love the game, don't actually find money too hard to grab-- at least, not once I unlock embody mode for one of the characters that gets a bonus in betting mode, with the coin doubler.

Looking forward to checking out the new floor, I lost all my progress a few weeks back when I updated my phone and haven't quite gotten around to re-grinding, yet. Really wish TA would give it another look -- the practice mode really addressed the reviewer's concerns, and their criticism of the game being too hard doesn't really resonate with me on any level at this point.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Clocks posted:

Did you, uh, talk to the girl inside the windmill?

Ah, I did. Many days ago. I must have forgotten I already went there. Soooo, given there are no missions or objectives listed, what is one supposed to do if a couple days pass and they forget what they were told..? :\

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Feenix posted:

Ah, I did. Many days ago. I must have forgotten I already went there. Soooo, given there are no missions or objectives listed, what is one supposed to do if a couple days pass and they forget what they were told..? :\

Is the forest night or day?

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

crazypeltast52 posted:

Is the forest night or day?

Looks dark?

crazypeltast52
May 5, 2010

Feenix posted:

Looks dark?

As dark as it was when you went to the windmill? Go back into your house.

Lex Averial
May 12, 2004

Swans. You know, birds.
Year Walk is a bit too dark. I got completely lost on what to do until I looked up the solution and realized that had missed a clue because I couldn't see the markings on a wall unless I turned up the brightness on my phone.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Never heard of Ridiculous Fishing before, but I'm sold.

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Never heard of Ridiculous Fishing before, but I'm sold.

That basically looks identical to Ninja Fishing but with pixel graphics?

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

robodex posted:

Wasn't aware this one a thing, I'll check it out.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Any of you Guys played Ravensword Shadowlands much? What's the general consensus? It looks awesome but I am wary of those types of games on iOS despite the good reviews.

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

robodex posted:

That's because Ninja Fishing was an unauthorized clone of Radical Fishing from Vlambeer, which was a flash game. It took them this long to finish the iPhone version.

... but the really sad thing is, iPhone gamers don't really read press, so every single person out there is going to have the same thought you did :/

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 22:51 on Mar 5, 2013

Pladdicus
Aug 13, 2010

Shalinor posted:

That's because Ninja Fishing was an unauthorized clone of Radical Fishing from Vlambeer, which was a flash game. It took them this long to finish the iPhone version.

... but the really sad this is, iPhone gamers don't really read press, so every single person out there is going to have the same thought you did :/

Pretty much this, it's one of my least favorite indie stories. Vlambeer should have done way more than they did to protect their work, but well I can't fault them for getting frustrated with the whole process.

It really blows.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis
Can anyone recommend some good tables on zen pinball? I have Empire Strikes Back and Avengers. Anybody played some of the other ones?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

Pladdicus posted:

Pretty much this, it's one of my least favorite indie stories. Vlambeer should have done way more than they did to protect their work, but well I can't fault them for getting frustrated with the whole process.

It really blows.

Wow, I totally didn't realize that. I remember I played the poo poo out of Ninja Fishing until I realized how much I needed to grind to even unlock the second area.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
Man, I feel like an rear end, but I'll be that guy. I just do NOT have the patience, etc for Year Walk. I get that it's artsy and evocative and creepy, and leaves it all for the player to discover, but I don't want to feel THIS aimless when I'm loving around on my iPad on the couch.

I just don't enjoy being totally lost, or having to write every thing down.

Shame because it looks like neat stuff to look at...

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
There's really just a couple puzzles where you have to write stuff down (or have good memory) but yeah, it's frustrating navigating the map at first and I can see how it's a turn-off. Once you get your bearings it's a lot easier, but I think you're kind of supposed to be a little lost until then.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

Yay Pudding! posted:

Can anyone recommend some good tables on zen pinball? I have Empire Strikes Back and Avengers. Anybody played some of the other ones?

I really like Paranormal, and Wolverine is solid. Goons also like Blade and Excalibur. I'm not a huge fan of the former, and I've never played the latter, but there you are.

Feel free to ask in the Pinball thread for more questions. We mostly talk The Pinball Arcade (which is awesome and you should get it right now because its all pretty much better than Zen's offerings) and physical pinball, but people play Zen still.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Boxman posted:

I really like Paranormal, and Wolverine is solid. Goons also like Blade and Excalibur. I'm not a huge fan of the former, and I've never played the latter, but there you are.

Feel free to ask in the Pinball thread for more questions. We mostly talk The Pinball Arcade (which is awesome and you should get it right now because its all pretty much better than Zen's offerings) and physical pinball, but people play Zen still.

Cool, thanks for the recommendations, downloading pinball arcade now.

Shwqa
Feb 13, 2012

Man king cashing 2 really confused the gently caress out me. Due to a bug I never received the fighter zombie. So I spend like 3 hours gold medal all of chapter 1 before I found out I just got screwed and had to make a new game. At first I just thought the comic was poorly made with the balance of the game :v:

Edit: Well gently caress, in my 2nd game I didn't receive the gunner. :(

Shwqa fucked around with this message at 02:58 on Mar 6, 2013

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Shwqa posted:

Man king cashing 2 really confused the gently caress out me. Due to a bug I never received the fighter zombie. So I spend like 3 hours gold medal all of chapter 1 before I found out I just got screwed and had to make a new game. At first I just thought the comic was poorly made with the balance of the game :v:

Edit: Well gently caress, in my 2nd game I didn't receive the gunner. :(

Yep I got screwed out of the pet handler zombie. I don't really have it in me to restart.

Yay Pudding!
Mar 26, 2010

Frrrrrrunkis

Boxman posted:

pinball stuff

Can you link that thread? I tried search, but didn't have any luck. Didn't see it on the first few pages.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Yay Pudding! posted:

Can you link that thread? I tried search, but didn't have any luck. Didn't see it on the first few pages.

Here you go: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3361132&perpage=40&pagenumber=-1

Corridor
Oct 19, 2006

You do need a bit of patience for Year Walk. It's not really a game as such, it's more like an interactive art fiction creepy thing.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Yay Pudding! posted:

I will also add that Boba Fett is the quality of Empie Strikes Back and I really recommend it.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord
Has anyone playing Pixel People been able to get the achievement for planting 30 trees to unlock? I'm up to 32 now and still haven't gotten it. I feel like someone brought this up earlier in this thread but I couldn't find that post.

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

I had problems getting achievements to trigger. Try tapping the game centre icon (from the town hall) - that's what made the game eventually realise it couldn't count for me. It really is staggeringly badly coded.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Daveski posted:

Has anyone playing Pixel People been able to get the achievement for planting 30 trees to unlock? I'm up to 32 now and still haven't gotten it. I feel like someone brought this up earlier in this thread but I couldn't find that post.

Don't forget that you start with 3 or 4 trees, so you need to be at 33 or 34 trees to get the achievement.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Orvin posted:

Don't forget that you start with 3 or 4 trees, so you need to be at 33 or 34 trees to get the achievement.

Ah, that makes sense I guess, although the game doesn't make that very clear. I've gotten all 155 jobs but for some reason I'm feeling compelled to "finish" this game and get all of the achievements. The animal ones are going to be the worst I think.

Dvlos
Aug 26, 2003

"I came here to argue with you about a freaking television show!"
Anyone out there playing Tapped Out I need some Origin friends, please add me: Uniquename76

Pixel People is getting a bit ridiculous on the land space issue it takes retarded amount of time to upgrade, buildings go idle every 5 minutes. Usually in all these IAP type time games you can set something to make money once every 24 hours at its max or something because there's no way I'm logging in so much to get to the millions needed to get 3-4 more space.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Has it been determined if Jones on Fire has a pricing point already? I'm super hyped for it, but I tried the not zen pinball game and was hooked. I want more tables, but I want to save kitties too. :ohdear:

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

Has it been determined if Jones on Fire has a pricing point already? I'm super hyped for it, but I tried the not zen pinball game and was hooked. I want more tables, but I want to save kitties too. :ohdear:
Jones On Fire is free, and I've tried to balance the IAP fairly. There's no "3 years to unlock without a purchase" nonsense. (Like NimbleBit, I never enabled IAPs during testing)

... and just a reminder, but that hits tomorrow (!!!). You may start seeing press today, though I don't know - they were cagey about what they might do. Reviews should definitely be hitting tomorrow.

EDIT: Well, technically tonight, if you're in NZ, but that's actually your tomorrow, so bleh. Timezones are weird.

Shalinor fucked around with this message at 17:02 on Mar 6, 2013

VideoGameVet
May 14, 2005

It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion. It is by the juice of Java that pedaling acquires speed, the teeth acquire stains, stains become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my bike in motion.
Zynga is doing "Running with Friends"

http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/06/chasing-temple-run-zynga-launches-running-with-friends-mobile-game/

Immediately I thought of this:

We don’t imitate other games, We Imagination-itate Them B**** http://youtu.be/U1LmqDIBnwo?t=1m48s

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Dvlos posted:

Anyone out there playing Tapped Out I need some Origin friends, please add me: Uniquename76

Does anyone know of any game similar to this, pixel people, simcity etc...without the bullshit IAP's and overly long wait times?
Something that basically recreates the fun of TTD, Simcity, Theme Park etc...without having to wait 24 hours to complete a task.

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Jut posted:

Does anyone know of any game similar to this, pixel people, simcity etc...without the bullshit IAP's and overly long wait times?

I don't think you understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jut
May 16, 2005

by Ralp

Bummey posted:

I don't think you understand.

No I understand perfectly, IAP's make more money. But I was hoping there would be a pocket SimCity style game which was an upfront cost.

• Locked thread