Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Uh, good commercial Cartoon Hangover. :shepface:
Might be a little :nws:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAIFTJLfPYU
Aren't they only sixteen?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
They're really targeting the creeper crowd, huh?

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
The commercials are not really like the show yknow. Probably by different people. People who would greenlight superfuckers.

And the creepers will be disappointed with this episode - there's a set up that I won't spoil yet but is hilariously averted. In fact, this episode is the big, stark contrast to hold up against superfuckers that shows what bravest warriors does right and superfuckers does wrong. It even had singing.

ElBrak
Aug 24, 2004

"Muerte, buen compinche. Muerte."
Man that was a pretty good episode, I liked how they handled Chris and Plum at the end.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
I hope we see more Impossibear and Bugcat.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W8sK5v6o8bQ
That was...I dunno.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Plum voiced by Tara Strong, the voice actress for pretty much every cartoon character you grew up with.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I liked the episode, it was a bit weird, but that's normal for CH. The pitch document really ruined the surprise(s.)

Dehry fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 12, 2013

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I posted:

Plum voiced by Tara Strong, the voice actress for pretty much every cartoon character you grew up with.

If you grew up in the 90s. If you grew up in the 80s that honor went to Rob Paulsen and Cree Summer.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

I posted:

voice actress for pretty much every cartoon character you grew up with.

No, that would be Tress MacNeille.

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Anyone read the comics?

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer

I posted:

Anyone read the comics?

I read them. Just picked up issue 4 today. Was that Danny from the next episode?

I
Aug 4, 2006

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Behind the scenes: Gas powered stick.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VCSxUrB8kPE

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
It's a shame that this show hasn't taken off on its own yet. The fact that a My Little Pony VA is in this episode is probably the only reason it has so many views at this point. I really don't want to see it die off, but I'm pretty sure you need more than 400,000 views to justify funding it.

Lavender Philtrum
May 16, 2011
Whoa, I actually didn't realize how many views these episodes have.

1: 1,400,000
2: 768,000
3: 1,400,000
4: 560,000
5: 530,000
6: 412,000
7: 314,000

I'm curious what's with the weird distribution of views. 1.4 million, then 700k, then 1.4 million again?

Socialblade, a site that estimates how much certain channels make from youtube, gives a high estimate of $340k a year and a low estimate of $34k, but their numbers aren't exactly scientific.

Youtube isn't 'funding' it or anything, but I could imagine Frederator might be, and if those numbers are right, considering how expensive I've heard it is to make a cartoon show per episode, this might be a pretty short lived thing. I'm really curious how much they genuinely make per episode on average compared to how much it costs to pay the people involved.

The thing about Youtube is that unlike TV shows which genuinely go up and down in ratings over time directly in correspondence to the quality of the show, youtube subscribers generally only go up, and at a certain point you reach a tipping point where you just start gaining more and more subscribers every day. PewDiePie has 3.9 million subscribers, but 700,000 of those have been from this month alone. You just get exponentially more and more views and subscribers at a certain point and the goal for these startup channels, I think, is to try to hold out as long as possible so they can get to the point where things just keep going on momentum.

Lavender Philtrum fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 16, 2013

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Lavender Philtrum posted:

Whoa, I actually didn't realize how many views these episodes have.

1: 1,400,000
2: 768,000
3: 1,400,000
4: 560,000
5: 530,000
6: 412,000
7: 314,000

I'm curious what's with the weird distribution of views. 1.4 million, then 700k, then 1.4 million again?

"1" is the first episode so it makes sense that it would have the highest views since most people who've just been introduced to the show would start there. "2" seems pretty in line with the natural decrease in views as the episodes become newer.

"3" on the other hand is pretty interesting. Maybe someone big linked to it? Then again that's the butter lettuce party episode so maybe it's just more popular than the others on account of it being especially awesome.

Desperate Character
Apr 13, 2009

readingatwork posted:

"1" is the first episode so it makes sense that it would have the highest views since most people who've just been introduced to the show would start there. "2" seems pretty in line with the natural decrease in views as the episodes become newer.

"3" on the other hand is pretty interesting. Maybe someone big linked to it? Then again that's the butter lettuce party episode so maybe it's just more popular than the others on account of it being especially awesome.

I know for the third episode it seemed to be "Featured" heavily by youtube within the sidebar for a long period. With its thumbnail I'm not surprised so many people clicked it (for all the wrong reasons) :negative:

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
The comic has been falling off in sales too. It launched at about 15k sold, but is now near 10k sold according to http://www.comichron.com/monthlycomicssales.html. Maybe it will be Adventure Time's Futurama and get brought back on a TV station years from now.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Here's a great new episode
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NY4jLgvAorI

"I am so totally hacking!"

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
"Heh heh heh! You're gonna punt children!"

JT Jag
Aug 30, 2009

#1 Jaguars Sunk Cost Fallacy-Haver
One of the better episodes so far I think. Nice, concentrated humor, minimalized creepo factor.

"This happens every time he builds a time machine."

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I love Bravest Warriors' take on temporal shenanigans. Always disappointing for them, and hilarious for me.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47s570LFHDU

BladeCereal Runner!

Also a preview
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTVwxgs4E7U

Jewel
May 2, 2009

That recent episode was probably the best the show's had so far. I really like where they're going, finally! Took a while for them to settle into a groove though.

Oz
Sep 10, 2003

Minion Of Relin
New Episode!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jidZCvGHdBM

More emotion lord, more time shenanigans. Pretty cool overall.

Also, preview for season finale.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGOORHcbck4

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Another good episode. I, being lazy, wonder what the purple guy is saying. Wasn't he in the first Emotion Lord episode?

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

Another good episode. I, being lazy, wonder what the purple guy is saying. Wasn't he in the first Emotion Lord episode?

Yep, he's King Congletard, apparently. He was in a short flashback..Someone from reddit is saying that the backwards message is "This is a message flying backwards". Also catbug is the cutest goddamn thing :3:

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente
Catbug is the best use of a child actor I've seen in a long time.

Mazed
Oct 23, 2010

:blizz:

My god, that kid who voices Catbug has to be the coolest at school.

"So yeah, I just got paid for screaming DOODY! into a microphone a lot."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Season finale of bravest warriors just hit, and it has lots of catbug. Alos has a preview for a poo poo-ton of new cartoons for this year.
Is superfuckers cancelled? Haven't heard from them since last episode, nothing about them for next year. I guess maybe they just rightfully decided it was dumb crap they didn't have the budget for and threw it out, but I don't know of anything official.

Noreaus
May 22, 2008

HEY, WHAT'S HAPPENING? :)
Sugar peas! :haw:

Drop 'em!

Ok! :haw:

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
Ok, Catbug is officially the best character in this show. I mean he's pretty much just one of those anime mascot things, and yet somehow just being voiced by an actual kid instead of an adult making cutesy voices makes him so much more adorable.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord
Catbug is absolutely adorable.

Danzou
Oct 24, 2010

by angerbot

Yonic Symbolism posted:

Is superfuckers cancelled? Haven't heard from them since last episode, nothing about them for next year. I guess maybe they just rightfully decided it was dumb crap they didn't have the budget for and threw it out, but I don't know of anything official.
I can't believe they didn't give Superfuckers a chance to find its voice.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Superfuckers was poo poo, and there was no voice for it to find.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
why has no one actually linked to the latest episode?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xc8e0ASIZyQ

Pavlov
Oct 21, 2012

I've long been fascinated with how the alt-right develops elaborate and obscure dog whistles to try to communicate their meaning without having to say it out loud
Stepan Andreyevich Bandera being the most prominent example of that
So I just noticed, what ever happened to that AI that lived in Wallow's glove? Did they decide to just axe that part?

Denim Avenger
Oct 20, 2010

Excelente

Pavlov posted:

So I just noticed, what ever happened to that AI that lived in Wallow's glove? Did they decide to just axe that part?

I'm sure Pixel will return the moment they have a decent gag for him.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

Buglord

Pavlov posted:

Danny finished tuning his Nano-Nads, duh

• Locked thread