Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, Spy Kids is some legit great kid cinema. But between Spy Kids 3D, Sharkboy and Lava Girl, and Shorts whatever spark he had died a long time ago.

e. Apparently they made a fourth Spy Kids movie, the gently caress?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Oh and Marv's story in Sin City is legitimately excellent.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

I actually like the first two Spy Kids movies, for what it's worth.

Oh thank God I'm not alone. I love love loved the first two when I was a kid, and I was afraid that when I watched them when I was older they'd be awful. But ignoring the choppy child acting and the overly-stupid humor that pops up sometimes, they're both surprisingly good still.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

...of SCIENCE! posted:

C'mon, McHale and Gervais? What could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8uZYU-iDCk

I also count the Spy Kids movies as part of the Machete franchise.

EvilTobaccoExec
Dec 22, 2003

Criminals are a superstitious, cowardly lot, so my disguise must be able to strike terror into their hearts!

Tewratomeh posted:

Uhh, no? No. Sex Machine is probably the most sane and normal thing in the second half of that movie.

Rest of the post... "considering the content of the movie." Basically imagine how Rodriguez would make that movie today. The content is what it is but everything is handled with a measure of restraint, the exception being little things like Sex Machine's dickgun that are just sort of silly fun for the sake of it.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Rodriquez makes nothing but great movies. Fact.

Also, I know he only produced, but Predators was the best sci-fi/action movie since Terminator 2.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
I even like The Faculty - probably one of the less typical Rodriguez style he's done, probably since he didn't write it.

Hat Thoughts
Jul 27, 2012

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Racer X?

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Barometer posted:

So good it was remade!

Oh my God, I love how they're not even pretending like they didn't just bring their pets to work and glue fins and horns on them. No, really. Check out life before the "No animals were harmed" disclaimer.

And, hey we've got ourselves another repeated tagline for a movie that involves dinosaurs. Both this version of "Lost World" and "Valley of Gwangi" use "This is NOT blah-million years ago, this is TODAY!!!"

The Time Dissolver posted:

IIRC this was also the plan for Dinosaur. Remember Dinosaur? Anyone?

The more you learn about what Disney's "Dinosaur" could have been, the more the ultimate end product leaves you utterly heartbroken. People, we almost had a Paul Verhoven Disney movie. I don't know if that would have been good, but it would have at least been something.

Anyway, "Dinosaur" is itself partially responsible for the "look into my eye" meme:

Cacator
Aug 6, 2005

You're quite good at turning me on.

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Pretty sure gun boobs as a concept has been around longer than that, bro.

Does no one remember the Fembots??

Rahonavis posted:

Anyway, "Dinosaur" is itself partially responsible for the "look into my eye" meme:

Desperado Bones
Aug 29, 2009

Cute, adorable, and creepy at the same time!

Rahonavis posted:

The more you learn about what Disney's "Dinosaur" could have been, the more the ultimate end product leaves you utterly heartbroken. People, we almost had a Paul Verhoven Disney movie. I don't know if that would have been good, but it would have at least been something.

I had completely forgotten this move ever existed. :psyduck:

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Desperado Bones posted:

I had completely forgotten this move ever existed. :psyduck:

We all did.

Canned Panda posted:

Sofia Vergara's character poster for Machete Kills

Her right left arm. :psyduck:

Suzuki Method fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 8, 2013

Excelsior
Apr 30, 2003

Suzuki Method posted:

We all did.

Her right arm. :psyduck:

I don't get it. There's nothing wrong with her arm. But yes we did all forget about Dinosaur.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
I assume he meant her left arm because yes her left arm is terribly done.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

A GLISTENING HODOR posted:

Rodriquez makes nothing but great movies. Fact.

Also, I know he only produced, but Predators was the best sci-fi/action movie since Terminator 2.

I wouldn't go that far, but gently caress anyone who hates on Predators. The fact that it managed to pull of the "bigger, more badass tribe of Predators" without sucking is worth the price of admission alone.

Suzuki Method
Mar 12, 2012

Macaluso posted:

I assume he meant her left arm because yes her left arm is terribly done.

Yeah I meant the arm to my right, not her right arm. :shobon:

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

GonSmithe posted:

Oh thank God I'm not alone. I love love loved the first two when I was a kid, and I was afraid that when I watched them when I was older they'd be awful. But ignoring the choppy child acting and the overly-stupid humor that pops up sometimes, they're both surprisingly good still.

I think the first Spy Kids is probably one of the best films Rodriguez has ever made. It's terrific family entertainment. The first sequel is okay, but fails to live up to the promise the first film lays out. That said, the Harryhausen homages in 2 are fantastic. The only good thing in 3 is Sly Stallone not knowing what the hell is going on, and just winging it.

I'd also like to point out that the original trilogy gave us the gift of Mike loving Judge playing a prominent role in three family films.

TheBigBudgetSequel fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Mar 8, 2013

AndyP
Nov 7, 2011

Canned Panda posted:

Sofia Vergara's character poster for Machete Kills

Don't know if I'm impressed or disappointed that Rodriguez showed enough restraint to not have Gaga in the machine gun bra.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
I can't believe I've never seen this poster until now for American Psycho.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Because it's some fan poster.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax

Mister Chief posted:

Because it's some fan poster.

That was my first thought, but I'm not seeing any evidence of it. Especially with the super credits at the bottom.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Every Mondo poster has a billing block so it's presence doesn't mean anything.

Jefferoo
Jun 24, 2008

by Lowtax
Nevermind, it's from this guy: http://ryanmaceachern.tumblr.com/

Has some pretty good stuff.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Not an American Psycho poster as such, but still the best thing:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
A movie starring Cynthia Nixon.

Pre-Sex And The City

Post-Sex And The City

Andy Dick and Timothy Olyphant seem as confused by this as I am.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Jefferoo posted:

I can't believe I've never seen this poster until now for American Psycho.

The lighting's hosed up there. He'd have to be toplit to have light cast on his butt and thighs.
The telescope too. C'mon, dude!

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

C'mon, McHale and Gervais? What could go wrong?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8uZYU-iDCk

I also count the Spy Kids movies as part of the Machete franchise.

The little girl in this movie is playing Cory and Topanga's daughter in the Boy Meets World spinoff.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

wyoming posted:

Yeah, I watched the first one a few years ago and was kind of surprised by it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBKiHfVkYCY

So somewhere there must be a demo of this song with Elfman on vocals, right? I really want to hear that.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

...of SCIENCE! posted:

Wasn't that one smellovision?

Deadly Chlorine
Nov 8, 2009

The accumulated filth of all the dog poop and hairballs will foam up about their waists and all the catladies and dog crazies will look up and shout "Save us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper
"No."

The Time Dissolver posted:

So somewhere there must be a demo of this song with Elfman on vocals, right? I really want to hear that.
My god, I want to see this now.

^^Wait, what the hell is smellovision? Is it just a sad little board of scratch and sniff thing that syncs with the movie? Also when I was a kid I kinda liked Spy Kids 3D, I thought it was cool. :smith:

DNS
Mar 11, 2009

by Smythe

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

Oh and Marv's story in Sin City is legitimately excellent.

Yeah. It has the benefit of being based off the only really good Sin City mini.

Sick.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

DNS posted:

Yeah. It has the benefit of being based off the only really good Sin City mini.

That and starring Mickey Rourke, Carla Gugino and Powers Boothe, three actors who can be counted on to give a "real" performance regardless of whatever bullshit movie they're currently in.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Hahaha what the gently caress, the tagline casts a shadow on their face

Alfred P. Pseudonym
May 29, 2006

And when you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss goes 8-8

The lighting makes it look like they both have high top fades

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Photo taken while they were being scolded by the principal.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Why are Will Smith and his son the same age?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Lobok posted:

Photo taken while they were being scolded by the principal.

Does that mean the M. Knight twist is them living with his aunt and uncle in Bel-Air.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Rirse posted:

Does that mean the M. Knight twist is them living with his aunt and uncle in Bel-Air.

They whistled for a cab and when it came near the Earth had been destroyed and there were aliens in the mirror?

Or is that the plot of the upcoming Tom Cruise movie? They look interchangeable to me so I forget.