Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
POCKET CHOMP
Jul 20, 2003

me irl.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Ok, so I am not insane: turns out there was a Scrabble tile rack app to go along the iPad game. Except EA pulled it from the store over a year ago. What the gently caress? Does anyone know why they'd do that (besides EA being loving terrible at everything)?

I have no idea either but it could also be just a matter of no one using it and it needing to be updated and maintained and rather than do that they just pulled the plug on it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Cyrano4747 posted:

In a similar vein, I too have been playing the gently caress out of The Quest Lite and am about to pull the trigger and get The Quest Gold.

Is there a go-to list of what expansions are worth buying and which are poo poo best avoided?

It's hard to say, there's just so god drat much content that it has all blended together in my mind. I'm going to make a new character and try and work out the best way to go through it all again. You really don't need to worry too much about all that extra expansions right now.

On The Quest's main screen there's a button to go to the forums. Check that out and see if it offers any leveled lists. Also remember, when/if you buy an expansion app, there will be an option on the main menu to enable the content in the main Quest game. That way you can have every expansion contained in one app and use your character throughout, instead of having to play a pre-generated character in the stand alone app.

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller
Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny is now permanently .69p or your countries equivalent.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

Chuck Bartowski posted:

Towelfight 2: The Monocle of Destiny is now permanently .69p or your countries equivalent.
The controls just got fixed in a new patch, so I highly recommend it now.

io_burn
Jul 9, 2001

Vrooooooooom!
The two people on SA who aren't already part of the NimbleBit beta squad can play NimbleQuest this weekend here- http://toucharcade.com/2013/03/15/play-nimblequest/

Kepa
Jul 23, 2011

My goal as a game developer is just to make gnome puns

io_burn posted:

The two people on SA who aren't already part of the NimbleBit beta squad can play NimbleQuest this weekend here- http://toucharcade.com/2013/03/15/play-nimblequest/

That's a really cool idea, all the more reason for me to screw around in unity for an upcoming one handed toilet game

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bummey is a hero in this? Rated 1.

EDIT: hahah turned too fast and killed my own party.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

io_burn posted:

That's great! Too bad it's only for the weekend, but it's better than nothing.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

OK Pinball Arcade is dope as hell. I never played much pinball growing up but it turns out it's really cool when a) you aren't constantly slamming coins into a machine and b)you find out there is like this whole progression/goal oriented side to scoring high scores.

It is costing me quite a bit of money though :sweatdrop:

I got the following tables: TNG, Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Genie, and Theatre of Magic. Any recommendations on good tables? Also how often do they add new tables?

robodex
Jun 6, 2007

They're what's for dinner

io_burn posted:

NimbleBit dudes this is amazing but it would be more amazing if it wasn't only until Monday

FlashBangBob
Jul 5, 2007

BLAM! Internet Found!
Maybe they'll be releasing the game on Monday.

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004
Got the quest today and boy am I horrible at it. I keep getting in fights south of town that I'm winning, but since I keep getting the "can't rest here" message they eventually whittle me down. :smith:

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Oh no what have I done :smith:
(linking as it's a minor Ridiculous Fishing spoiler)
http://twitpic.com/cblual

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

zoux posted:

I got the following tables: TNG, Medieval Madness, Twilight Zone, Attack from Mars, Bride of Pinbot, Genie, and Theatre of Magic. Any recommendations on good tables? Also how often do they add new tables?

You've already got most of my favorites but man, there are very few that I WOULDN'T reccomend. Next I'd maybe look into Monster Bash or Funhouse if I were you, though. Also, usually two tables are released each month-- last month the release was on the 15th so we should expect the two new tables (Cactus Canyon and Central Park) any day now-- Cactus Canyon is apparently awesome so maybe save a few bucks for that?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

goferchan posted:

You've already got most of my favorites but man, there are very few that I WOULDN'T reccomend. Next I'd maybe look into Monster Bash or Funhouse if I were you, though. Also, usually two tables are released each month-- last month the release was on the 15th so we should expect the two new tables (Cactus Canyon and Central Park) any day now-- Cactus Canyon is apparently awesome so maybe save a few bucks for that?

What wouldn't you recommend then? I got Genie as part of a deal with another table, honestly I guess I don't appreciate "classic" pinball but I like the crazy bells-and-whistles poo poo more. Big Shot is another old school table that I'll probably avoid.

When are they making the T2 table?

Bummey
May 26, 2004

you are a filth wizard, friend only to the grumpig and the rattata

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

Bummey is a hero in this? Rated 1.

Whaaaat? Oh, Boomey. Rated 1.

It's Buh-mee, not Boo-mee. :)

Star War Sex Parrot
Oct 2, 2003

Ridiculous Fishing is the best thing ever.

JazzFlight
Apr 29, 2006

Oooooooooooh!

io_burn posted:

Hnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng, this game is awesome and I can't wait for it on iOS so I'm out after 1 round on PC. Wouldn't want to spoil it.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Lechtansi posted:

Ridiculous fishing is awesome. Is there any way to get it to sync across devices? I was kinda bummed when I loaded it up in my iPhone and my items weren't unlocked.

Perhaps a discussion for another thread, but if you jailbreak and download DataDeposit, it can upload your savegames to Dropbox on one device and download your save games on another. (Both devices require Jailbreak and DataDeposit) There may be other ways too... aren't there file-explorers for ios devices that are not jailbroken?

langurmonkey
Oct 29, 2011

Getting healthy by posting on the Internet
Has anyone played the Stargate SG1 game yet? It looks pretty cool, but the trailer I saw didn't give too much away about the gameplay.

axolotl farmer
May 17, 2007

Now I'm going to sing the Perry Mason theme

Has anyone figured out if the hats actually do anything in Ridiculous Fishing?

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

langurmonkey posted:

Has anyone played the Stargate SG1 game yet? It looks pretty cool, but the trailer I saw didn't give too much away about the gameplay.

It was on IGN's app store roundup the other day, it's kinda like Time Crisis, at least at the start.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

axolotl farmer posted:

Has anyone figured out if the hats actually do anything in Ridiculous Fishing?

Only the hedjet, and if you've played Spelunky you'll figure it out.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Is Hazard 10 in Jones on Fire supposed to be impossible or something? I got some ridiculously bad luck. Used about ~8 continues, and still didn't make it through. This is with 9 lives and 3/3 Fire Proof.

Most of the times I ended up bouncing off an uphill wall that I couldn't get over repeatedly, or there was a wall before a tunnel that I couldn't clear without bouncing off the trees sticking up from the tunnel.

In other news, your kitties stack between deaths/continues :v:

Anime_Otaku
Dec 6, 2009

goferchan posted:

The update is out now.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Anime_Otaku posted:

The update is out now.

YESSSS thank you, the App Store wasn't giving me a badge for some reason!

Edit: re: Zoux, as far as tables I wouldn't reccomend, I'm not so crazy about some of the "classics" either but the simplicity of stuff like Big Shot has kind of grown on me-- still can't get into Gorgar or Fireball, though. A lot of people don't like Ripley's but I think it's kind of cool, if the strategic element of some tables appeal to you it might be a good pick because its possible to activate a million modes at once and get insane scores if you set everything up perfectly.

goferchan fucked around with this message at 00:05 on Mar 16, 2013

Shalinor
Jun 10, 2002

Can I buy you a rootbeer?

Kazy posted:

In other news, your kitties stack between deaths/continues :v:

Yep. That's intentional. I don't like taking progress away from the player ;)

Hazard 10 isn't impossible, it's just very, very, very, very, very hard. I can beat it maybe 1 in every 3 attempts. Having maxed out everything will help. It's meant to be your end-game challenge, for people that want a definite end to the game. If you beat that? You've beaten everything the game can throw at you. (it'll happily keep throwing it at you if you keep running, though, and given the odds of success, you will probably die the second time)

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.

Kekekela posted:

Got the quest today and boy am I horrible at it. I keep getting in fights south of town that I'm winning, but since I keep getting the "can't rest here" message they eventually whittle me down. :smith:

That message means you're too close to an enemy. Scoot back to town or somewhere safe. I'm pretty sure there's a maximum range they'll follow you.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

The one thing I really hate in Jones on Fire only seems to turn up on 9/10. You get a wall of logs you have to jump over, and one of the logs with the pointy bits you have to slide under right afterwards. There's almost no chance to do it as far as I can see. If you're high enough to jump the logs, you're high enough that the pointy bits will knock you back behind the log again.

You can bounce off it a bunch of times and then charge over it I guess, but that takes quite a bit of health to do. Just wondering if that's an intentional set up, because it's the only thing that I'd say was just unfair. If it happens more than once in a level, it basically just kills the run.

Apart from that gripe, it's all good.

On another note, ridiculous fishing was indeed as good as you all said it was.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I can't believe how much time I have spent playing Ridiculous Fishing. There is some kind of irresistible "just one more try" subliminal signaling going on there I think.

Gardenback
Nov 26, 2007

zoux posted:

What wouldn't you recommend then? I got Genie as part of a deal with another table, honestly I guess I don't appreciate "classic" pinball but I like the crazy bells-and-whistles poo poo more. Big Shot is another old school table that I'll probably avoid.

When are they making the T2 table?

The only table I really don't care for is the Harley-Davidson table. Most of the modern Stern tables strike me as simplistic and sparse, and Harley-Davidson is one of the worst offenders. Ripley's Believe It Or Not is another Stern table, and while it isn't my favorite, it's a huge improvement over H-D.
I have a soft spot for the classic tables, though. I've probably played Gorgar more than any other table in the game.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Oh yeah, Harley Davidson is dogshit. Pretty good example of how a "modern" table can go really wrong

Kekekela
Oct 28, 2004

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

That message means you're too close to an enemy. Scoot back to town or somewhere safe. I'm pretty sure there's a maximum range they'll follow you.

Yeah my problem is I get sniped in the back once I start scooting. I'm guessing I just need to not venture so deep into the badlands before I turn around.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

Hahahahahahaha nope; only if they're blocked by something and you can get away, otherwise they'll follow you to an inn and wait for you outside.

Try to get the Mark and Recall spells from the magic shop ASAP.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Jumped into Quest Gold on your guys recommendation.

I am enjoying this throughly. Zero regrets about the cost.

I wonder how much effort it would take to port Eye of the Beholder over?

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Helical Nightmares posted:

Jumped into Quest Gold on your guys recommendation.

I am enjoying this throughly. Zero regrets about the cost.

I wonder how much effort it would take to port Legend of Grimrock over?
Fixed your post; priorities, man.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Ridiculous Fishing is great, but I am absolutely terrible at it! Nothing a few more hours of playing can't fix though...

Also I've been playing the hell out of Real Racing 3. It is actually really good aside from all the timer-y IAP nonsense. I don't want to drop any money on it, because I would've preferred it if they'd released it as a premium game instead of a freemium one, but that TA artilce was right: Once you get 3 cars under your belt the timers stop to matter so much. Some of the later cars are ridiculously expensive, but I'm going to continue to resist dropping any money on this one because gently caress EA. I wonder how much money they've actually made off it?

If any goons are playing RR3 as well, please add my GameCenter: tbone2709 so that we can get extra money from completing events.

Also, any thoughts on Super Stickman Golf 2?

MissMarple
Aug 26, 2008

:ms:
Yesss finally went over 1.5k deep on Ridiculous Fishing. Apparently being hungover in bed is good for something.

Am I being insane or is Maelstrom actually far easier than earlier levels?

FreakyZoid
Nov 28, 2002

nomapple posted:

I wonder how much money they've actually made off it?
Plenty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn it up TURN ME ON
Mar 19, 2012

In the Grim Darkness of the Future, there is only war.

...and delicious ice cream.

Not available in the us.

• Locked thread