Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Little Mac posted:

What? Amazing Spider-Man was always advertised as a reboot.

In a few releases they teased it as "the true origin of Spider-man" and it was partially implied that it was set between 1 and 2 but they quickly quit doing that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Threep
Apr 1, 2006

It's kind of a long story.

quote:

Exec producer Avi Arad says the film won’t erase what came before but will try to weave a narrative that could take place within the framework of the earlier films. ‘It’s not a comeback,’ he says. ‘You have to look at it this way: Do you want to know more about Spider-Man? This movie is going to tell stories that you didn’t see in movies 1, 2, and 3.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!
Are there only 2 parts to the Batman : Dark Knight Returns? For some reason I was under the impression it would be 3 parts in total (never read the graphic novel) from somewhere, but I don't know where. It feels like there is room for another part with the Clan of Bat or whatever they were called.

nvm. Found my answer. That was all.

deong fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Mar 12, 2013

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010
Pretty great way to end Green Lantern.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

So shocked someone got me an avatar!
Oh my God, that ending to Young Justice. As much as I love the Teen Titans, they can't make up for the season three that could have been.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

Justice League, Batman Beyond, JLU and Brave and the Bold will all be added to Netflix on the 30th

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75871

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So, no more Wally West and no more Artemis (okay she just changed her identity but whatever)... DC is getting really good at covering their bases :rimshot:

VVV: Sorry, my bad.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:49 on Mar 16, 2013

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

Spoil the endings of GL and YJ, please?

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

CONVICTED OF DISPLAYING HIS PEANUTS IN PUBLIC

Dacap posted:

Justice League, Batman Beyond, JLU and Brave and the Bold will all be added to Netflix on the 30th

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/BatFreak/news/?a=75871

No Batman and Superman TAS?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

ToastyPotato posted:

No Batman and Superman TAS?

Doesn't look like it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Chaltab posted:

I think they advertised it as being in movie continuity but it really, really wasn't. I think the second episode had Connors become the Lizard and fall to his death, and then the next year Spider-Man 2 came out and Connors was there and it was never mentioned that time he became a horrible reptilian monster and died. Which seems like a very strange thing after which one can just shrug it off and resume his day job.

It was in continuity with the first Spider-Man movie, but they didn't pay for likeness rights to any of the actors (Ghost Busters and the MiB cartoon are the same way, I'm pretty sure the MiB sequels completely ignore the cartoon, and that was a lot more popular than the MTV Spider-Man). The second Spider-man movie completely ignored the cartoon because almost no one watched it, and really if you're Sam Raimi coming off directing Spider-Man 1, are you going to give a crap what happened in a spin-off cartoon that got cancelled right away?

I think that's a normal thing when moving something from one medium to another, especially if it's targeted at younger people. I remember reading Aladdin comics when I was a kid before the DTV sequel came out, and they both spun directly out of the first Disney movie but have nothing to do with each other. The Spider-Man cartoon is a bit of an outlier since theoretically it's target audience was teenagers and young adults instead of young children, but I honestly believe if you could travel back in time and take an exit poll of people leaving the premiere of Spider-Man 2, a majority wouldn't have been aware at all that there was a CGI cartoon with Neil Patrick Harris.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

E the Shaggy posted:

Pretty great way to end Green Lantern.

Yeah, not bad at all. I'll definitely miss this show. Hopefully, the new Batman show won't suck.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

TwoPair posted:

VVV: Sorry, my bad.

Hahaha, sorry! What I meant was please tell me the endings. We don't get the shows in Central America right now. :/

E the Shaggy
Mar 29, 2010

Mister Kingdom posted:

Yeah, not bad at all. I'll definitely miss this show. Hopefully, the new Batman show won't suck.

I really want to see what they do with Professor Pyg as he is about the least kid friendly villain in comic book history.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Little Mac posted:

Hahaha, sorry! What I meant was please tell me the endings. We don't get the shows in Central America right now. :/

Green Lantern: The Corp has an all out battle with Aya's Manhunters while Hal realizes Aya didn't actually go all that evil as he discovers that she only destroyed star systems that were completely devoid of life. Aya activates the time machine and goes back to the beginning of creation, taking Hal along to gloat. Standard DC beginning of universe, giant hand holding weird floating galaxy like thing. Kilowog and Guy fire Razer into the Anti-Monitor using a big construct gun with Razer as the bullet. Razer finds time machine, goes back but is unable to kill Aya because he still loves her. Aya sees Razer coming and blasts him right in the chest grievously wounding him. She then realizes that she still has emotions and aborts her plan, taking Hal and Razer back to the present. Aya then uses up all her Anti-Monitor energy healing Razer, turning her back to normal. Unfortunately she had uploaded copies of herself into all the Manhunters and none of them had the realization she did so in order to stop them Aya unleashes a computer virus that will delete all versions of her program from the galaxy. This also kills her. Later Razer tells Hal and Kilowog that there's no way Aya didn't survive somehow and that he's going off to look for her, by himself. As he flies off there's a shot of a blue lantern ring following him.

Young Justice: Beetles Blue and Green battle Black Beetle who in turns destroy Green Beetle's scarab. He tries the same trick on Blue but since Jaime and the scarab are working together they're able to turn the table and destroy Black Beetle's scarab instead. Because they were linked for a second Jaime realizes that Black Beetle seeded the Earth with doomsday devices in order to destroy evidence that the Reach tampered with Earth. Both the League and the Team get together and using some tech given by Luthor are able to stop all the doomsday weapons except one at the North Pole. Barry and Bart Allen head up there and discover the device has already activated. Luthor informs them that if they run around it really fast they should be able to bleed off all the energy and stop it from killing everyone. Unfortunately the two of them aren't enough and so Wally joins in. This stops the machine but as a side effect Wally got the energy bled into him and so he vanishes. The League is cleared by the tribunal on Rimbor, mostly when Miss Martian and Superboy convince the tribunal that looking like they're service justice will bring more cases to be tried in front of them, thus getting them more bribes. Vandal Savage shows up in the War World stating that Earth is off limits to aliens. Meanwhile the Justice League invites the Team into sharing the Watchtower as headquarters while Nightwing takes a leave of absence after Wally's death. The very end of the episodes shows Vandal Savage taking War World to Apokalips and shaking hands with Darkseid.

All in all, Green Lantern was a better series finale while Young Justice is hurt by their setting things up for another season (because they didn't know they were being canceled.)

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

Little Mac posted:

Green Lantern Aya starts to feel emotions again because the spark of Ion in her--her computer program could never completely block all emotions because she's more than a program. After nearly killing Razer, Aya heals him. But all the Manhunters have a copy of her program--whoops. Seemed like a good idea at the time I guess. Aya releases a computer virus to end them all, but of course it ends her too. The rest of the Lanterns celebrate the victory/mourn Aya, but Razer does not believe she's completely gone because she's too resourceful. Razer sets off into deep space to find her, followed unseen by a mysterious Blue Lantern ring.

Young Justice The Justice League is found guilty of the crimes on Rimbor, just before Megan, Conner, and Adam Strange arrive with the confession Aqualad got out of the Light. The tribunal refuses to hear the new evidence because they've not been bribed, but after some conniving from Superboy and Miss Martian, reconsider. As the Justice League is preparing to Zeta back to Earth, Vandal Savage broadcasts a message from the War World: Mess with Earth and die.

Meanwhile on Earth, Black Beetle has set the destruction of the planet in motion. Jaime learns this when he and the Scarab shut down Black Beetle's scarab, but neither of them know how to stop it. Luthor calls the Justice League with a solution--a computer virus (I'm noticing a patern here) he's reverse engineered from Reach tech. It will shut down the machines destroying the world. The heroes split into teams of two and take all the devices down--except then Jaime realizes his first scan missed one at the North Pole. Barry and Bart try to stop it, but it's reached critical mass. They try to do the classic Flash trick and run around it in circles really fast to siphon off its energy. Wally joins them to help, but gets blasted by the device and vanishes just before they manage to stop the reaction.

In the aftermath, Captain Atom returns chairmanship of the JLA to Black Canary (whose reaction is priceless) Nightwing leaves the Team on sabbatical, Godfrey endroces Luthor as the new Secretary General (Superman's reaction to this is priceless), Conner and Megan get back together, Tim and Cassie start dating, and Artemis takes up the identity of Tigress again because "Artemis was Wally's partner". Bart puts on the Kid Flash uniform.

Aqualad resumes leadership of the Team, and starts assigning missions, prompting Nightwing to remark "Business as Usual". Cut to Apokalipse, where Vandal Savage has parked the War World. He shakes hands with Darkseid and echoes. "Business as usual." The series closes on Vandal and Darkseid shaking hands.

e;fb

But yeah. Green Lantern is about as good a series finale as you can expect given the circumstances. Young Justice is an absolutely perfect season finale that makes the cancellation all the more frustrating.

Chaltab fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 16, 2013

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Was anyone else really tired of the team being totally untrusting and suspicious of Luthor? I mean, they've been suspicious of him in every single one of his appearances, but he's always been mostly above-board and straight-forward the entire drat time. The most they can hold against him are the people he associates with.

Chaltab
Feb 16, 2011

SlothfulCobra posted:

Was anyone else really tired of the team being totally untrusting and suspicious of Luthor? I mean, they've been suspicious of him in every single one of his appearances, but he's always been mostly above-board and straight-forward the entire drat time. The most they can hold against him are the people he associates with.
Having a fifteen year old boy abducted, maimed, and cloned with secret treachery programming isn't something most people are going to let go.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Really, really hate the YJ finale. Did they hack six episodes out of this season or something?

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

The salt on wound pouring for me from this was the fact they had a commercial stating there would be new episodes next week.

Fully agree that the GL ending was amazing. I thought the YJ ending was good, just not as good, especially when viewed immediately after GL.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Spiderdrake posted:

Really, really hate the YJ finale. Did they hack six episodes out of this season or something?

Don't know about that, but I do know the video game that was supposed to explain what happened during the time jump never got released! (Or at least, if it does ever come out, it will be way too late to matter)

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Chaltab posted:

Having a fifteen year old boy abducted, maimed, and cloned with secret treachery programming isn't something most people are going to let go.

That was done by his associates. You can't trace anything back to him! :tinfoil:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

There was a commercial for Teen Titans Go! on during today's DC Nation stuff. I'm not too sold on it yet, the show uses all the original voice actors but isn't in the same style as the old Teen Titans show.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

TwoPair posted:

Don't know about that, but I do know the video game that was supposed to explain what happened during the time jump never got released! (Or at least, if it does ever come out, it will be way too late to matter)

It's still coming out, I believe soon. And surprisingly enough looks like it might actually be good. At least the developers have some real passion for the project which normally translates to being at least semi good.

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp

muscles like this? posted:

Green Lantern: The Corp has an all out battle with Aya's Manhunters while Hal realizes Aya didn't actually go all that evil as he discovers that she only destroyed star systems that were completely devoid of life. Aya activates the time machine and goes back to the beginning of creation, taking Hal along to gloat. Standard DC beginning of universe, giant hand holding weird floating galaxy like thing. Kilowog and Guy fire Razer into the Anti-Monitor using a big construct gun with Razer as the bullet. Razer finds time machine, goes back but is unable to kill Aya because he still loves her. Aya sees Razer coming and blasts him right in the chest grievously wounding him. She then realizes that she still has emotions and aborts her plan, taking Hal and Razer back to the present. Aya then uses up all her Anti-Monitor energy healing Razer, turning her back to normal. Unfortunately she had uploaded copies of herself into all the Manhunters and none of them had the realization she did so in order to stop them Aya unleashes a computer virus that will delete all versions of her program from the galaxy. This also kills her. Later Razer tells Hal and Kilowog that there's no way Aya didn't survive somehow and that he's going off to look for her, by himself. As he flies off there's a shot of a blue lantern ring following him.

One correction here. Razer's construct disapears just as he is about to stab her - which he could have done. He explains this at the end.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

muscles like this? posted:

There was a commercial for Teen Titans Go! on during today's DC Nation stuff. I'm not too sold on it yet, the show uses all the original voice actors but isn't in the same style as the old Teen Titans show.
It's cheap flash animation full of flash stretching and squashing. It's really disappointing since the original Teen Titans had some of the best animation the DCAU has ever seen.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

spikenigma posted:

One correction here. Razer's construct disapears just as he is about to stab her - which he could have done. He explains this at the end.

Minor typo there chief: "which he couldn't have done." As Razer himself says, his powers are fueled by hate and he could never truly hate her, so his assassination attempt was ultimately a death wish/last-ditch attempt for her to revert.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Cardboard Box A posted:

flash stretching and squashing

I love that stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ziAwKoMKiig

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Just wanted to let you guys know that Jason Spisak is a great guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G517qah4VvE

spikenigma
Nov 13, 2005

by Ralp

404GoonNotFound posted:

Minor typo there chief: "which he couldn't have done." As Razer himself says, his powers are fueled by hate and he could never truly hate her, so his assassination attempt was ultimately a death wish/last-ditch attempt for her to revert.

Of course he could have done it.

If he didn't expect it to work, he wouldn't have looked surprised when his weapon disapeared. If he had another technobabble weapon which would have worked, he would have done it.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
In old animation news, that is to say, news about old animation: A good chunk of the DCAU is coming up on Netflix Instant Watch this Saturday, including all of Batman Beyond and almost all of Justice League/JLU (they left out the final season for some reason).

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

TwoPair posted:

In old animation news, that is to say, news about old animation: A good chunk of the DCAU is coming up on Netflix Instant Watch this Saturday, including all of Batman Beyond and almost all of Justice League/JLU (they left out the final season for some reason).

It's just JLU, but all of it. The first two seasons are billed as one 26-episode season, then season 3 as a 13-episode season.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

McSpanky posted:

It's just JLU, but all of it. The first two seasons are billed as one 26-episode season, then season 3 as a 13-episode season.

Oh. Man, the way that series is billed with the JL/JLU split is so drat confusing sometimes.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Don't care, tell me when they're gonna be on UK Netflix. :colbert:

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Looks like Bruce Timm has left WB Animation. That's the end of an era pretty much.

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

Marvel needs to punt Loeb off of TV and animation and put Timm on there ASAP DAMMIT.

Gay Polymers
Jun 14, 2005

I hear voices in my head
They talk to me
They understand
Where are my keys?
I've been trying to catch up on the end of young Justice, is there anywhere I can watch the last 10 episodes of season 2? I totally didn't notice when they finally aired them and I don't have a DVR :(

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

ToastyPotato posted:

Marvel needs to punt Loeb off of TV and animation and put Timm on there ASAP DAMMIT.
Yeah and if Timm comes that means we can get rid of that bullshit, "We aren't going to have arcs in our shows, kids are too stupid to understand continuity! :downs:"

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Mar 30, 2013

ToastyPotato
Jun 23, 2005

achillesforever6 posted:

Yeah and if Timm comes that means we can get that bullshit, "We aren't going to have arcs in our shows, kids are too stupid to understand continuity! :downs:"

Didn't Loeb and Co. literally declare this themselves for their cartoons? Actually I think it might have been the Marvel EIC? (Whoever it was said it in response to changes made to Earths Mightiest Heroes)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

gently caress, if Timm quit/got booted from DC's animation division then that means GL and YJ are really done for good, aren't they? And I just heard a few days ago that some fan group got enough petition signatures to actually get a meeting with someone at WB to talk about options for the series' continuation. Welp.

Bruce Timm helming some Marvel projects would be hella loving awesome though.

• Locked thread