Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JackMackerel
Jun 15, 2011
I finally loving gave in and used Gibbed's Save Editor to get weapons properly at my Gunzerker's level... and weapons that don't suck. I feel dirty inside. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

JackMackerel posted:

I finally loving gave in and used Gibbed's Save Editor to get weapons properly at my Gunzerker's level... and weapons that don't suck. I feel dirty inside. :smith:

So did I, at first. But then I experienced the marvels of actually seeing legendary items and relics, and I got over it. Thanks to my legendary Soldier mod and a good resistance relic, I can take twice as many hits before dying (which is still a tiny amount, but still).

EDIT: Wait, I didn't notice that you were referring to the editor and not CheatEngine. Yeah, you're totally a dirty cheater. :buddy:

Jabarto fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Mar 17, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Monkey Fracas posted:

It's a little funnier once you realize he's rigged up dead bodies with bullhorns in them that he himself voices so he can pretend he's not the only one left alive. That and he kinda looks like Hunter S. Thompson- I'll take that reference any day.

And this is what made it memorable to me. It had that at Least. That is why it's TORGUE > TVHM(Endgame) > First Playthrough > TVHM(The beginning) > Scarlett > Claptrap Sings Hits of the 90s > Opportunity 24/7, Best of Hunter Helquist > ??? > Hammerlock DLC

I'm looking forward to pumping up the purple, etech and orange values for LOOTSPLOSION!!! just because I can. :smug:

YES bread
Jun 16, 2006
I edited my corrosive Severe Hail to level 50 and regret nothing, because it is the best gun ever and I will use it for eternity.

Acid raaaaaaaain :unsmigghh:

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Someone earlier mentioned which Gunzerker tree was the only worthwhile one but I can't find it, which one was it?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Party Boat posted:

I should probably point out that I'm no longer as hot on the 100/100/40/30/20/10/5 distribution, it's a bit too heavy on the purps and oranges, and if you've got four players it can get downright ridiculous. 200/100/40/30/20/7/3 is my current jam.

Will give that a shot next time I fire up the game. What's the loot distribution look like with that one compared to the one you previously used?

LAY-ZX
Nov 10, 2009

Alpha Kenny Juan posted:

I'm looking forward to pumping up the purple, etech and orange values for LOOTSPLOSION!!! just because I can. :smug:

All pumping up the purple values does is make it so you can never get ammo or money because it's all replaced with eridium and rockets. For some reason when you pump up the drop rate on rares you'll still hardly ever actually see purple guns.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer

Sloppy posted:

Someone earlier mentioned which Gunzerker tree was the only worthwhile one but I can't find it, which one was it?

You want the middle tree with all the ""50/50 chance of not using ammo", "gunzerk forever", "fire real fast and good" skills. The Rampage tree? Whatever it's the middle one- start out by maxing out Inconceivable.

The Gunlust tree is also totally worthwhile, if you're willing to go with a more high-damage-per-shot strategy. But I feel like that goes against the spirit of the character- more bullets=better :black101:

Monkey Fracas fucked around with this message at 06:52 on Mar 17, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

LAY-ZX posted:

All pumping up the purple values does is make it so you can never get ammo or money because it's all replaced with eridium and rockets. For some reason when you pump up the drop rate on rares you'll still hardly ever actually see purple guns.

Which is why i'll change it right before the final torgue battle. I noticed the lack of ammo drops and the rise of pistols in ammo chests so I adjusted that long ago.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Kaethela posted:

Will give that a shot next time I fire up the game. What's the loot distribution look like with that one compared to the one you previously used?

Plenty of blues still but purples are no longer around every corner and I only found legendaries once every few hours. Keeping the common figure at 200 means ammo / health drops are more frequent and therefore overall gun drops are less frequent.

Honestly what feels "right" for loot drops is a very personal thing (see the many slapfights in this thread) so I'd encourage you to play and tweak as needed until you find something that works for you.

Re: gunzerker, I'm not sure if it's a bug or not but the Get Some skill (at max level shooting an enemy reduces cooldown by 3 seconds, can trigger once every 3 seconds) works even when you're still zerking. Combine this with Yippie Ki Yay (get up to 3 extra seconds duration every time you kill an enemy) and you can have your cooldown finished while you're still gunzerking. I honestly can't see why you'd need anything else. Steady As She Goes and Keep Firing are also great in combination with Vladof spiniguns, if you can get hold of dual shredifiers things just melt.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
The only downside is that unless you invest some points into Brawn, then it feels like the Gunzerker is a bit too flimsy even with constant health regen. Enemies hit hard, especially in TVHM 50, and to be at all effective while gunzerking you have to be at mid range, max, and it can be quite easy to get overwhelmed.

That said I couldn't give up Rampage for the world. I've specced into pistols/rampage and dual wielding infinities that are a never ending minigun barrage of bullets that keep getting faster and faster is something else.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

I go for a good homing grenade mod and the double grenades skill, if my health is low I just slam those fuckers in all directions. It's like they say, the best defence is blowing your fire apart at the molecular level.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
Woof, that Hammerlock DLC. I went into it in TVHM with Gaige and those witch doctors were so obnoxious that I ended up running past every group of natives I found and rushed through the main missions (all, like, 3 of them) to get to the end. I don't think I actually shot anything in that entire last map. I wouldn't exactly say that I regret buying the season pass but it's likely to be the last one I do buy.

Speaking of Gaige is there anything in the torgue vending machines worth grinding out 600 tokens for?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Explosive weaponry works really well with Gaige. The base damage is pretty much some of the best out there (even if the numbers don't always reflect that), add onto that the huge bonus from anarchy, and you have a recipe for awesomeness. Who cares if you can't aim for poo poo? You don't need to when everything is exploding.

Orgone Accumulator
Jan 28, 2006

It's been a long time coming.
Yeah I've been using Torgue stuff almost exclusively, but the shotguns seem much more effective than the rifles, and the only legendary Torgues I've seen in the vending machines are rifles or shotguns with low pellet counts. I'm just wondering if there's a Torgue legendary that beats a regular old Torgue shotgun. I love that with Gaige and a shotgun you're more likely to hit something if you aim at the ground instead of whatever you want to hit.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Orgone Accumulator posted:

Speaking of Gaige is there anything in the torgue vending machines worth grinding out 600 tokens for?

Purple x16 pellet shotguns for anarchy Gaige/Anyone, Kerblaster for not-anarchy Gaige/Anyone. Bonus Package (Uber-MIRV basically) grenade mod.

Edit: Don't bother with a Flakker, waste of tokens, especially if it's an anarchy Gaige.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Ddraig posted:

Explosive weaponry works really well with Gaige. The base damage is pretty much some of the best out there (even if the numbers don't always reflect that), add onto that the huge bonus from anarchy, and you have a recipe for awesomeness. Who cares if you can't aim for poo poo? You don't need to when everything is exploding.

I found a nice e-tech sniper that worked really well on Gaige, because it shot some sort of piercing, bouncing beam that didn't give a poo poo about my accuracy penalty. :v:

Also, 150, 100, 10, 7.5, 3, 2, 1 seems to work pretty well. I've edited one of the presets in the file, because sod entering it by hand every time. I might wind the 7.5 down a bit after I've bought all the upgrades.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
Yeah I also changed one of the presets (the White Only one, because hahahaha no). But when I tried to rename the preset the file failed to load. So it's still called white only. :v:

Myself and a friend played a LAN game yesterday, started from scratch and played through level 20; Sanctuary's reappearance, including the Caustic Caverns quests and the entirety of the Clan War line in one sitting. :black101: 10ish hours of BL2.

Party Boat posted:

Try cranking the four bottom values in the table linked above to like 100, they determine overall drop rates for different numbers of players.

Can you explain this a bit better? I was using my 150/100/10/7.5/3/2/1 setting and I seemed to get less Legendaries with 2 players than I was getting previously on my own. Not that I'm complaining, I got a Hornet from a chest right at the start of the Dam Rooftop bit, perfect timing for robot destruction, and I'm still using it at 20.

We also hit a Fabled Tortoise that just dropped off a Nomad right before entering the Fridge. Those were the only 2, though.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 14:29 on Mar 17, 2013

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

AirRaid posted:

Yeah I also changed one of the presets (the White Only one, because hahahaha no). But when I tried to rename the preset the file failed to load. So it's still called white only. :v:

Did you edit both parts where it shows up? Also it's gotta be exactly the same between the "". e.g.:

quote:

</AssemblerScript>
</CheatEntry>
<CheatEntry>
<ID>18</ID>
<Description>"150/100/10/7.5/3/2/1"</Description>
<Color>80000008</Color>
<VariableType>Auto Assembler Script</VariableType>
<AssemblerScript>[ENABLE]
[DISABLE]

quote:

Presets =
{
["Revert All - Original"] = {200, 100, 10, 5, 1, 0.1, 0.01},

["Preset 1 (Legendary Only)"] = {0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 100, 10000},
["Preset 2 (Purple Only)"] = {0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 1000, 0.001},
["Preset 3 (Blue Only)"] = {0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 1000, 0.001, 0.001},
["Preset 4 (Eridium Only)"] = {0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 1000, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001},
["Preset 5 (Green Only)"] = {0.001, 0.001, 1000, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001},
["Preset 6 (White Only)"] = {0.001, 1000, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001},
["Preset 7 (Health Only)"] = {1000, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001, 0.001},

["Preset 8 (Legendaries 5x more likely)"] = {200, 100, 10, 5, 1, 0.1, 0.05},
["150/100/10/7.5/3/2/1"] = {150, 100, 10, 7.5, 3, 2, 1}
}

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

who is he

AirRaid posted:

Can you explain this a bit better? I was using my 150/100/10/7.5/3/2/1 setting and I seemed to get less Legendaries with 2 players than I was getting previously on my own. Not that I'm complaining, I got a Hornet from a chest right at the start of the Dam Rooftop bit, perfect timing for robot destruction, and I'm still using it at 20.

We also hit a Fabled Tortoise that just dropped off a Nomad right before entering the Fridge. Those were the only 2, though.

Basically they determine how likely a mob is to drop a gun instead of just ammo / cash, the four values are the likelihood for 1-4 players. I think (and I'm happy to be corrected) that four players doesn't necessarily mean better loot, it just means more rolls on the loot tables.

Try changing them all to 100 and then running Fink's Slaughterhouse. You'll see what I mean.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack

Party Boat posted:

Basically they determine how likely a mob is to drop a gun instead of just ammo / cash, the four values are the likelihood for 1-4 players. I think (and I'm happy to be corrected) that four players doesn't necessarily mean better loot, it just means more rolls on the loot tables.

Try changing them all to 100 and then running Fink's Slaughterhouse. You'll see what I mean.

Turns out I was looking at the wrong file anyway :v: I get it now, thanks.

E: Actually, related question - is that just Mobs, or does that include things like the lockers/ammochests which sometimes also contain shields/grenade mods/pistols?

2nd E: tested this, and yeah it doesn't affect lootable containers, just drops from enemies.

And Kerbtree, I hadn't spotted the other place the name is defined, thanks.

AirRaid fucked around with this message at 17:56 on Mar 17, 2013

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Mobs and any container are effected by editing the drop weights in the CE.

Caveat: Anecdotally, it seems that not all similar mobs and similar containers use the same loot table of weights than others. This can be experienced directly by increasing the drop weight of paint skins and killing stalkers or skags in the vanilla game. Or a white chest versus a red chest with loot weights. While it sounds obvious written down, there are some instances where it feels like there's another layer to loot drops.

Another caveat: You cannot force "Higher than normal chance" legendaries, or "only drops from" other items to drop with any regularity from adjusting the drop weights. For example, if you're headhunting Henry, you'll only have the normal chance of getting a head to drop.

Mind, this is all with my several week old CE table so things may of changed since then and now.

Edit: Maybe I misunderstood your question. :downs:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

AirRaid posted:

E: Actually, related question - is that just Mobs, or does that include things like the lockers/ammochests which sometimes also contain shields/grenade mods/pistols?

2nd E: tested this, and yeah it doesn't affect lootable containers, just drops from enemies.

It does seem to make eridium/rockets/etc show up more often in containers, actually.

e:fb, and I also misunderstood the question.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kerbtree posted:

Also, 150, 100, 10, 7.5, 3, 2, 1 seems to work pretty well. I've edited one of the presets in the file, because sod entering it by hand every time. I might wind the 7.5 down a bit after I've bought all the upgrades.

How do I do this? The table I'm using seems to disable the CE menu when it's run.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Orgone Accumulator posted:

Woof, that Hammerlock DLC. I went into it in TVHM with Gaige and those witch doctors were so obnoxious that I ended up running past every group of natives I found and rushed through the main missions (all, like, 3 of them) to get to the end. I don't think I actually shot anything in that entire last map. I wouldn't exactly say that I regret buying the season pass but it's likely to be the last one I do buy.

Get an Unkempt Harold out of the vending machine, ideally one with the Double Penetrating prefix. This is the best FFYL recovery gun you will ever find and it will save your stacks so many times on top of being a useful midranged weapon, thanks to the way the pellets split. It also looks really cool on your belt.

Uuudar
Apr 18, 2003
So I'm level 39 and stuck trying to get the beacon out of the gluttonous thresher and I seem like I'm underleveled for it. I'm out of quests since Sanctuary is unavailable until I pass this part so I'm at a loss on what to do. Grinding seems to take forever. Any suggestions for this roadblock?

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Uuudar posted:

So I'm level 39 and stuck trying to get the beacon out of the gluttonous thresher and I seem like I'm underleveled for it. I'm out of quests since Sanctuary is unavailable until I pass this part so I'm at a loss on what to do. Grinding seems to take forever. Any suggestions for this roadblock?

Lure him back towards the hyperion bridge (which I found out isn't scripted to be blown up!) and hide behind the control panel. He can't really hit you from that spot.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Thank you guys for the cheat engine stuff. Actually makes the game worth playing for me, I could not stand it at all at default rates.

Kerbtree
Sep 8, 2008

BAD FALCON!
LAZY!

Papercut posted:

How do I do this? The table I'm using seems to disable the CE menu when it's run.

Here's the file already edited.

Light Gun Man posted:

Thank you guys for the cheat engine stuff. Actually makes the game worth playing for me, I could not stand it at all at default rates.

Yeah, I was pretty much :guinness::hf::toot: in the unmodified game when I found a blue. There's such a thing as going too far trying to prevent Monty Hauling.

Kerbtree fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Mar 17, 2013

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Light Gun Man posted:

You are now branded a dirty cheater by a few, and funhavers wonder what took you so long. Welcome! :smug::respek::smug:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Speaking as someone who's never made it more than a fifth of the way through the game, is that cheat engine stuff a good idea to do or should I probably go through the game 'normally' first?

Also does it work in coop?

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Ciaphas posted:

Speaking as someone who's never made it more than a fifth of the way through the game, is that cheat engine stuff a good idea to do or should I probably go through the game 'normally' first?

Also does it work in coop?

1) Go through PT 1 and part of 2 (as much as you can stand) at least once. All it does is make the drops more interesting, but if you're used to using crappy guns, this will definitely make things a bit easier.

2) Yes it does as long as you are the host.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Kerbtree posted:

Here's the file already edited.

Nice, thanks!

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Oh my god I have done this DLC a hundred times and I guess I always just sold this gun without trying it out but apparently one of the quest rewards is a gun that shoots death birds made of bullets that actually flap their wings as they fly away:

:aaaaa:

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
the Sand Hawk is really, really good, dude.

DressCodeBlue
Jun 15, 2006

Professional zombie impersonator.
Yeah, it's my default shoot-Pete-in-the-face gun.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

Reiley posted:

Oh my god I have done this DLC a hundred times and I guess I always just sold this gun without trying it out but apparently one of the quest rewards is a gun that shoots death birds made of bullets that actually flap their wings as they fly away:

You've also got a Sapping Sand Hawk, one of the better ones. It wrecks shields pretty darn well and I use it to mess up Pete in seconds with my Gunzerker.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Reiley posted:

This is why you should never sell red text guns without trying them first.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Kaethela posted:

This is why you should never sell red text guns without trying them first.

I had a pathological aversion to SMGs because they were all I used in BL1. I normally try everything but for whatever reason I guess I pitched it for being an SMG. I was a fool, this thing is phenomenal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Reiley posted:

I had a pathological aversion to SMGs
Ever tried a plasma caster? The ones from Tediore seriously rule.

• Locked thread