Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "Well, gods know how long she's been out here, or how she knew we'd be passin' through to waylay us. May be the news that we got full pardons ain't reached her yet."

"Or being a Cuthbertite, she just ain't give a drat."

"Anyway, I dunno how Oreom got that mace but I'm guessin' it wasn't exactly on the up-and-up. If it's hers, she deserves it back, but I ain't gonna be the one takin' it from him. Not if I have to sleep while he gets a turn to stand watch, nope."

...But that's not going to get us anywhere.

"Hey Oreom, maybe she'll like you better if you give her what she wants, eh? Remember night before last when I was headin' out to tha latrine an' you were already there? That mace ain't the only massive bludgeonin' instrument that makes the ladies scream you're equipped with, eh? Who needs two?"

Rtwo fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 21, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hecate lets out a groan as she's shoved back, her contempt for the armored woman quickly reaching her desire to see Oreom getting an rear end whupping. She only gives a quick nod after Vanessa whispers the intel to her. "Oh, i am sorry that a woman who worked for an Illithid-raising scum like Carbon feels like giving morality lessons to us. Not to mention that you did get beaten by this rascal before, and is completely alone out there, so I'm being absolutely merciful and kind by saying that it's a terrible idea." She says while giving a steely cold gaze at Jacquelyn, looking quite annoyed at the whole situation.

Of course, for that to work she hoped that those other tracks mentioned before were not from her brother.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar steps back a bit as the introductions devolve into thinly veiled threats and gives Hecate a scathing look before stepping up to Jaquelyn and muttering, "Sorry lass, some of my companions have less tact than even me!" He lets of a hearty chuckle and says, "Despite my group's attitude we are not here for a fight. They just get really upset like they never learned how to recover from a perceived slight and start throwing around their weight like they're in a class room and the person their sweet on is looking. You know how it is with children." He then asks, "I see a lot of tracks around here, how many of you inside that building?"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

a fantastic machine made of meat
Oreom Bonne

"SHUT YER TRAPS, ALLA YA."

"'cept you, Lefty, yer an' alright guy."

Oreom rocks back down onto his heels on the stoop, his grin having not faded in the slightest even if his eyes had grown somewhat harder when staring into Jaquelyn's plate-armored face this close up.

"And he's right, too," he added, just in case she'd missed it.

He waited a moment before manipulating his hands in a gesture that she was probably too close up to get the full gist of, but also probably wasn't pantomiming anything to do with a mace.

He then wiggled them a bit, just to you know, emphasise it. Again.

After about seventeen minutes of that (or until the next time she bumped him with her goddamn horns, anyway), Oreom hopped back off of the stoop and a few steps away from her just to have the drat room to reach into the pack on his back, pulling the entire huge mace out of a space it probably shouldn't have fit in in the first place and settling it against his shoulder with the smuggest drat expression he'd worn in about thirty seconds. "Buckcurt's Fish ain't worth a spit if y'ain't know what collateral is, little miss. Y'want yer toy? Y'settle yer debts." His grin becomes probably the closest thing to charm he knows how to make (thus, exceptionally poo poo-eating) before he shoves his arm out, holding the mace out with his grip firmly on it. Room enough for her to get a hand on it and take it, but not without a tug-of-war if he decided not to let go.

"SWEAR IN FRONNA' EVERYONE HERE, YER GONNA SETTLE YER DATE, AND THEN Y' CAN HAVE IT!" he crowed, very nearly erupting into boisterous laughter before immediately stopping after the first HA--! to add, "Oh, and grovel a bit f'r me t' not show you yer place again, too. Interest."

He wiggled the mace for her to take it, though clearly nearly straining his wrist to so callously taunt with something so heavy.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

Didn't you mean to ask about flowers?
Jaquelyn deliberately ignores Olimar's subtle questioning.

As far as pantomiming goes, Jaquelyn bumps Oreom off about ten seconds into that. When he backs off she drat near charges like a bull seeing red, but holds off a bit as he actually reaches for the mace. She strides up and takes the handle, a cold armored finger bumping against Oreom's for a moment. Then she grips the mace.

"Swear it!?"

Alright, Oreom, you figured she'd be about this strong... she grips it harder still. Just tense your arms and you'll be fine, right? Easier than taking a steak from a dog in an alley. It was a good steak, too. "Oh, I swear it! As soon as I'm done my work, I'll put up with you stinking and drooling at some dive!" She tugs the mace, beginning the tug of war. "I'm just beggin' ya to take me to your favorite pit and buy me some lovely mead from the dumbass that put crooked stitches in your scars!" A hard pull, as strong as she was swinging the thing in your spar.

"I SWEAR IT, YOU SHITTER!" Uh oh. Jaquelyn clenches her fist as hard as she can and then harder still and tears the mace away from you, significantly stronger than you recall. She hugs it close and whispers a single word to it and it ignites into violent flame and seething magma fractures between the spikes.

"Heh heh... ahem... right. Business. I've only got several minutes before these spells wear off and I don't get to use them on you, so." She looks over at Hecate and even though it's a full mask, you could swear the eyes narrow in an irritatingly coy manner. At least her voice does. "I neee~veeerrrr worked for Carbon. We were interviewing on the same night, liar, thief, saboteur, spy and harlot. But we heard all about what happened since James was part of it. You're a real piece of work, "Scarlet"."

She gestures towards the center of town. "I'm gonna gather my crew and head in. You know this place is haunted, right? Well, the big guy's in that Chapel and he's guarding the fanciest bit of Flayer junk. You help us out and we'll go 50/50 on the salvage. But watch out. We got here yesterday and some fruit a' the loom skelly is out there. Summons stuff, fought us for an hour or so. He's prolly near the chapel by now..." She shrugs. "James said he's strong fer a boner."

"I say we clear him out and scare the ghost or kill it or whatever, you know, double dead, and everything in there is ours." She heads over to the City Hall door, goes to swing her mace, and pauses mid-swing. She whistles and then demolishes the door, sending flaming debris crashing through some furniture and chairs pushed up against the door. She turns around.

"Are you in?"

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Mar 21, 2013

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
hard depression right now guys, sorry for not posting. i'll post as p'ui at some point today.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
Nessa grins widely.
"Excellent! Sounds reasonable to me. We'll wait out here."
As Jacquelyn goes inside, Nessa glances at Hecate, whispering.
"Well that was an anticlimax. Now what?"

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Hope you feel better, Mirth. Had a lot of days like these before...

"Oh please, i am neither saboteur or harlot." Hecate says while making a dismissive tone. This woman was as insufferable as Oreom, and she dreaded at the possibility of those two actually having relations. Whatever creature spawned from such a couple would be possibly the most detestable creature to ever walk on this world. "And not only you lost to the idiot over there but are also having trouble with a Skeleton, the most pitiful kind of undead to ever walk the Earth." If Mister Gobby still had any kind of consciousness, perhaps he would be heartbroken at such an statement from his mistress.

Hecate gives a few steps back as Jacquelyn opens the door forcefully, whispering at Vanessa after she's done breaking up an entrance. "Now we wait until that bitch and her troupe get either killed or beg us to help them in exchange of whatever they have. Whatever 'Flayer Junk' is here is probably going to be useful for us, my dear."

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Once per turn, you can Tribute 1 WATER monster you control (except this card) to Special Summon 1 WATER monster from your hand. The monster Special Summoned by this effect is destroyed if "Raging Eria" is removed from your side of the field.
"Don't mind her, Jacquelyn! She's just a little grumpy you pushed her!"
Nessa looks back at Hecate.
"But I like her. Also you do realize it's probably not just, like, a skeleton-skeleton? Half of... whatever there is, in exchange for a clean fight, seems like a better option than a massive backstabbing clusterfuck."

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "I've cracked a coupla bones in my time, although gen'rally they were wrapped up in meat an' blood at the time. I'll do what I can."

(Boy am I relieved to find that undead are susceptible to sneak attack damage in this version.)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl Whose Laughter Stinks of Killing

Thorgeisl is a little disappointed that things went rather smoothly, though Oreom kept his vulgar charm. Before following the others through the door he makes certain to summon a pair of small earth elementals, and another pair of air. Suitably backed up he follows through the shattered opening.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

The group can follow Jaquelyn through the City Hall, where she quickly heads for the stairs to the second floor and briefly meets up with a man with dark red skin dressed in an impressive silver-gray robe with the markings of St. Cuthbert's Church and some runic lines for various edicts in an old tongue, black eyes and a crown of inch long horns protruding in a circle from the top of his head. He carries a massive two-handed staff that looks more like a weapon and is in the company of three other men, one Human in some casual low-life duds and two others Half-Elf in much tamer clergy outfits similar to the horned man. The Half-Elves greet you all warmly and the Human keeps to himself behind the other two.

The interior of the City Hall is plain, with the occasional bit of overturned furniture or some pointless documents scattered about. There's a large cleared spot in the middle of the room where a lot of things have been burned to ash in a make-shift campfire that has been extinguished. There are no signs of Flayer devices. The horned man greets Jaquelyn curtly and she barks out a quick order to him, he nods and gives her a key and she unlocks a thin metal door in the back of the room, revealing a ladder up to the roof. The horned man addresses you all after a quick sarcastic remark to Oreom. "Did you really have to beat her? The rest of us have to hear about it, you know. Every day." He clears his throat.

"Many of you are sadly familiar, but I feel we could have a fresh start with this task before us. I am James of Cuthbert, and the rest of us... Eric, Fredrick, Mally..." He gestures to the Half-Elves and then the Human, then gestures skywards. "... Irikyn and Val... we'll trust you on this one. We need to hurry, we're striking now." He turns and beckons for his allies to follow him and the four head up to the roof as well. Up there, a blonde Elven girl in leather armor, goggles and mask is extending a metal-frame device to bridge the roof. Jaquelyn comes up to her, they exchange greetings and a brief, icy silence, and the Elf tosses the next set at Jaquelyn hard, who catches it effortlessly and heads over to bridge the next roof.

The Elven girl draws a large metal-framed bow from her back, a device that looks like an insane scrapyard owner's attempt to bolt as much of his product as possible to a bow and top it with small telescopes, and speaks to James in Elven. <"You really trust these crooks?">

James: <"They are more honest than the walking dead. Please signal Irikyn to stay in the air until Jaquelyn charges the chapel.">

Val instantly produces a small hand-held mirror with a bit of sleight of hand and looks skywards, fidgeting with it until she can reflect the smallest bit of sunlight the fog will allow. She pockets the mirror again and James comes close to thank her, placing a hand upon her forearm and imbuing her with a bit of magical light that stays with her as another Detectable Magic aura. The group moves ahead along the roof-tops, but James pauses briefly to address the party again.

"The Hillside Specter is something else, I can't really describe it. It's large, and you don't want to get it's attention. The Necromancer is... well, he's also something else, but I can tell you that he'll summon help. Loads of it. Be ready for a fight."

Please state your Positions/Marching Order either within the Red Rectangle for approaching from the Ground, or simply state that you stick to the Roof and I'll position you automatically.

Chapel is marked by the (i)

As usual, there's nothing in sight except the shadows of buildings in the fog. Anyone using Detect Spells, you only receive returns of weak, dim auras from the Chapel, even if positioned as close to it as possible. Whatever is there is probably still inactive.

A larger map of the overall area.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

"James. Good to see you're alright. Can't say how sorry I am about that whole fiasco."
Nessa takes a long gaze around the roof.
"Where do you want me?"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui rummages about in her pack, withdrawing a thin vial of viscous green ichor, a crude painting of a purple worm snaked around the outside of the vial. She generously coats a blowdart with the thick venom and chambers it into her dart gun, keeping the stopper on the end for now to keep herself from losing the dart. She pulls a scroll of True Strike from her pack and moves in Jacquelyn's shadow, so best to get line of sight on the interior of the chapel when the fight starts.

She has not, to this point, said anything to anyone, and does not seem particularly inclined to start. She is breathing heavily and appears to be getting over an anxiety attack.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl follows the half-elves to the roof. He takes the chance to look down at the ground, and around to get a better idea about the layout of the land. He speaks a few words in Terran to the two small earth elementals that followed him up, which proceed to flank him. Then to the two small air elementals floating about. They proceed to fly higher and keep a lookout. Keeling down near the edge of the roof he places a hand upon the floor beneath him and with a few words calls forth two more small earth elementals to keep an eye out down below. Should anyone decide to make a stand down there the two could help them out.

With that done he stands, and moves away from the edge, turning to the crowned priest he asks. "So this Hillside Specter and its Necromancer will come to us?"

Thorgeisl will remain on the roof. Flanked by two small earth elementals. Two small earth elementals will also be down below to help Oreom or anyone who decides to fight down there. Two small air elementals are providing additional lookouts above.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"I never said there would be any backstabbing. Just let fate run its course with these blockheads." Hecate answers back to Vanessa before heading inside the Hall. Ah, Cuthberites. She was right to call them blockheads after all, although they are known for being as strong as they are stubborn. The presence of another practitioner of the necromantic arts, even if it's an enemy one, does inspire a bit of curiosity from her. Perhaps a new opportunity to learn how to wield such a power...

Hecate is conveniently staying on the roofs with Thorgeisl. Mister Gobby, however, is waiting inside the city hall as he's not going to be of much use in combat.

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar draws his hammer and mace off his hips and motions towards the ground with his warhammer, saying to the others, "I am going to move around and watch the road." Ironmaw curls out of his pack and down his arm and hammer to the ground to slink along next to him as he takes up position ahead of people near the road at about H-38 with his snake right next to him, he looks around the building and waits.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Lefty will stay on the ground. 44B.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

it seemed like a good idea at the time
Edie von Altman, who supposes the cat is out of the bag

Edie clasps her hands together and there is an almost blinding glow from them and her arms, shining even through her clothing. When it finishes, there is a distinct sheen in the air, and everyone feels a bit more invigorated and ready to deal with all this nonsense. That finished, she weaves an enchantment of strength over Vanessa, and one of protection over Lefty. Then she lightly touches Olimar's axe, making it spring into intense, bright flames. Finally, she drapes what appears to be a cloak of pure sunlight over her own shoulders, and takes position up on the roof with Thorgeisl and Hecate, idly holding her rifle against her shoulder. She looks ready, but also a bit...tired, from drawing on her power so much in such a short time.

It's buff time with Edie Claus, kids! Pay attention now.

Everyone gets Bless, which is a +1 morale bonus to attack rolls and saving throws against fear effects. It lasts for 5 minutes, which is an exorbitant number of rounds so I guess we can just assume it's the whole combat.
Vanessa is the lucky winner and gets Bull's Strength, so she gets a flat +4 enhancement bonus to strength for 5 minutes. GO HOG WILD
Lefty gets Shield of Faith, which is a +2 deflection bonus to AC for 5 minutes.
Olimar gets Sun Metal, which adds 1d4 fire damage to his weapon attacks for 5 rounds, so this one might run out as the fight goes on.
Edie uses her Coat of Many Stars ability to give herself a +4 armor bonus for 5 hours. welp

That's her daily use of CoMS, three first level spell casts, and a second level spell cast. PHEW

And she's heading up to the roof.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "Eh? Oh. Thanks fer that."

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Due to my work hours, next update will probably be Sunday Night, so that's as good a time limit as any for first combat round.)

Starting Positions

It is a 20 foot drop to hop off a roof at any point. In addition, you can use a move action to deliberately climb down and subtract an extra 10 feet from the distance you fall, but at the cost of the rest of your move-speed, i.e. that move range ends at the square you fall to. Otherwise use the standard fall rules.

quote:

Creatures that fall take 1d6 points of damage per 10 feet fallen, to a maximum of 20d6. Creatures that take lethal damage from a fall land in a prone position.

If a character deliberately jumps instead of merely slipping or falling, the damage is the same but the first 1d6 is nonlethal damage. A DC 15 Acrobatics check allows the character to avoid any damage from the first 10 feet fallen and converts any damage from the second 10 feet to nonlethal damage. Thus, a character who slips from a ledge 30 feet up takes 3d6 damage. If the same character deliberately jumps, he takes 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and 2d6 points of lethal damage. And if the character leaps down with a successful Acrobatics check, he takes only 1d6 points of nonlethal damage and 1d6 points of lethal damage from the plunge.

James suggests that Vanessa follow Jaquelyn into the fray, but not too closely.

Hoisting up her volcanic mace and hardly waiting a second, Jaquelyn expertly leaps clean off the roof and lands running around the side of the chapel. A high-pitched and painful screeching sound resonates throughout the city for a moment and something rounds the corner.

15 feet tall and absurdly thin for it's size, a skeleton with a very tiny shoulder span and waist and limbs that are very long and narrow steps out of the darkness with deliberate timing, a rictus grin fixed across his super wide and heavy skull and jaw. He is wearing the wispy frame of a tattered black suit and carrying a huge ethereal blue lantern in one hand held even absurdly higher over his head, the blue-black metal of it holding a vibrant white flame that casts no light. He uses his free arm to engage in an exaggerated bow, straightening up suddenly in a whip-crack fast motion. His wide and flat skull seems to have had the facsimile of a thin mustache chiseled into the jaw above the teeth. He speaks without moving his jaw and occasionally an ethereal shimmer of his skeletal self shifts forward through the bone, the spirit's jaw moving before it is briefly pulled back into the "body."

"Ah, it is a pleasure to see the mercenary corpse again. I've kept my eyes open for you, though I have none. My wards feel new life with you... perhaps an introduction? I am Warden Bonotos, and under my authority, I shall induct you into his Majesty's Kingdom." He bows again, then leans back and draws his lantern around with a twist of the wrist, nearly dropping to his knees as he brings it down in a sudden slam against the ground. It feels as though the fog is growing thicker and drawing closer. As Bonotos rises and straightens back up, he has left his Lantern embedded in the ground and uses his now free hand to pinch at something along the wrist of his other, unfurling a long parchment.

"It has taken me all night to prepare for your return. Barricading the Hall of Records was most crude... allow me to recite the shipping manifests of the city of Hillside!" As Bonotos begins, dark shapes rise out of the earth and force themselves together, bits of bloodied dirt and debris yielding hidden bone that patches itself into whole skeletons.

"Anne Taylor, Theft at Values of 37 Silver and 41 Copper! Johnathon Smith, Murder in the Second Degree! Allen Clark, Sedition against Draunt! Maximilian Lee, Conspiracy against the Governor! Jebediah Winslow, Three Counts of Fraud! Ben Tickertone, Production of Dwarven Liquor Without Clan License! Yuley Stonesense, Defamation of Ancestors! Lily Adan, Murder in the First Degree! By Poisoning!" Bonotos speaks this last bit with a vicious inflection, producing an equally menacing and angry looking blood-red Halfling skeleton beside him. In short order he has summoned a great number of skeletons around him, between him and Jaquelyn and near your group upon the ground. He recites with fervor the blood-soaked first-degree murderers and cutthroat red bones that stand behind him, all drawing upon battered longbows. He leans down and retrieves his Lantern, raising it overhead again. The handle is thick and heavy, looking like a bolted down set of spiked chains.

Initiative Simplified. All PCs go first. Please indicate target attacked specifically by Grid Coordinates!

quote:

Initiative

PCs
Fist
Bonotos

HP: ???
AC: Unarmored
Weapons: Various Simple Weapons

AC: Blood-Clotted Bones
Weapons: Bows

Warden Bonotos
Size: Large

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 14:58 on Mar 23, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

How interesting! Whatever 'Kingdom' this Bonotos is speaking of... It might not even be the Flayers! Yes, the idea of independent undead could solve a lot of questions regarding Hecate's heritage and how to deal with it in the future. "Destroy the minions, this Warden might give some interesting intel if he was to be interrogated." Hecate says out loud to the others as she points a finger to the Skeleton on E-51, casting as she shoots a white ray of positive energy towards it. "Let me just see how durable those pathetic things are..."

pre:
HP 25/25 AC 14, DR 5 against Non-lethal, Resist Cold 5
Buffs: Bless (+1 on attack rolls and save vs. fear) 
1d20+5=7 to hit and 1d6=1 Oh well!

Plutonis fucked around with this message at 16:16 on Mar 23, 2013

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Nessa
HP 41/41 (5 (2?) nonlethal) AC 22

"Wow, he's dramatic. Anyway..."
Nessa rolls her shoulders, nods, then walks forward, takes a short hop off the edge of the roof, gauntlet running against the wall to slow her fall. Faint wisps of light flare up, drifting away from her, collecting around her as she hits the ground harshly, crouching.
She stands, facing the nearest skeleton.
"Hey."
In a moment, her sword's out and slashed through the thing's empty chest.

Judgment: Healing for fast healing 1. Move to B55, using the climb thing to fall 10'. Take 1d6=5 nonlethal damage (I think the 2/- still applies?). Attack skeleton in C55 at 1d20+14=26 for 1d8+7=8. Fast healing and the DR would knock it down to 2 nonlethal.
e: Whoops, forgot the mods from Edie's buffs. +3 to attack, +2 to damage over the numbers in the links.

zachol fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Mar 23, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar double moves to get into range at I-44 so he can attack next round. Ironmaw moves up with him to j-44.

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl grins. On a strange whim he responds to Hecate, with a mocking bow and a twist of the lip. "As you wish my lady." He looks to the sky and in an airy voice speaks to his summoned air elementals. Speaking Auran he directs the two to take out all but the biggest skeleton. He turns to the ground and speaks to the two earth elementals below, specifically excluding the two that are there to protect him, in Terran he directs them to do the same. Crush all but the largest skeleton. He directs them all to focus fire on each skeleton in turn until they are all reduced to splinters. Save for the largest of course.

With that done he raises his hand. Pointing dramatically at a skeleton without any of his elementals upon it he calls forth his inner power. Power that had twisted him, driven him to earn his name, power that swelled and corrupted him.

2 Small Air Elementals and 2 small earth elementals using the Augmented stats, and with max hit points instead of average. Directing all but the two flanking me to attack the skeletons, but not Warden Bonotos per Hecate's wishes.Arcane Bolt - Acid vs a skeleton 1d20+4 21 for 3d6 13 Acid damage.

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Edie von Altman, who hasn't seen a real fight in quite a while
HP 40/40, AC 21+4, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5
Rifle attack: 1d20+8, damage 1d12+1
1st level 4/7, 2nd level 3/5

Skellingtons. Ugh. Edie takes a moment to survey the battlefield, and materializes a golden ball as bright as a miniature sun in her hand. She winds comically back like some sportsman, then hucks it down to the ground in the midst of the skeletons, where it explodes into a tremendous fireball the size of a grown man. Then, as though commanding a dog or small child, she points to another skeleton, mumbling something along the lines of "go on, get to it." The fireball, seemingly eager to please, follows her directions, engulfing another skeleton in the burning judgement of the sun. Whoever said Pelor was nice did not know the jerk very well.

Casting Flaming Sphere (standard action) and hucking it down to C52, doing 3d6 = 12 fire damage (ref negates) to the skellington there. Then using a move action to command it over to the skellington there, doing 3d6 = 10 fire damage (ref negates) to him. The sphere will stick around for 5 rounds, during which Edie can use move actions to command it to move up to 30 feet per action.

If Nessa already killed that skellington, it wouldn't make a lot of sense for Edie to have commanded the sphere there, so she commands it to another nearby guy instead.

Panic! at Nabisco fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Mar 24, 2013

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar yells to his allies, "Do not worry about those nearest me! They face the might of Moradin's Anvil! Worry about the others!"

Mirthless
Mar 27, 2011

by the sex ghost
P'ui, Ratfolk Poisoner

P'ui curses, loudly. "On the teeth of the First Brood, this one was never taught to fight the dead. She will be useless here. Alas, not every battle can be chosen." She stoppers her blowdart gun and buckles on her tail-blade.

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
: "Oi, whatt'reyall afraid of! Skellingtons is what you get when you take a good fighter and strip stuff off 'im! Boss there might as well've summoned a buncha guys with only one hand on 'em, or a buncha real little fighters, eh?!"

Lefty is making as light of the situation as he can, considering he's never fought the walking dead before and is a bit uneasy to see corpses menacing weapons.

Nonetheless, after taking a moment to steel himself, he moves to grid F47, drawing his morningstar along the way and gripping it with both hands. He rolls a 22 to hit the skellington at G48, and assuming that hits, deals 6 bludgeoning/piercing damage to it.

: "Ey, Thorgeisl! Hows about you tell yer little rocky buddies to help me swarm these guys? If yer minions distract these here skellingtons, I can really knock 'em for a loop! They smart enough to do that?"

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Oreom Bonne

"That's the right o' it, Lefty!" Oreom shouts with a grin while falling in alongside of him to E49, his shield in one hand and a terbutje in the other. Sure, he might have liked to have seen just how hard he'd be able to knock apart a few sinew-less skeletons to pieces with Jaquelyn's weapon, but .. eh, sometimes comfortable was best in the end. Still, he was going to play it cautiously until he saw how easily these assholes fell all to pieces before he went around madly swinging. So he swung and bashed the skeleton at F50 with a 23, for 10 damage, just to test the waters. The bony waters.

Of course, he cleared his throat while doing so to call out at the top of his voice. "LET ME KNOW IF Y' NEED A REAL MAN'S HELP O'ER THERE!"

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Oh my that was quite a bit to type. All PCs are up again until Tuesday Morning or Afternoon! Sorry if things seem a bit disjointed, I think future updates should have better flow because naturally enough I had a better idea for how to present and pace combat after I finished this post. Oh well. :shobon:)

(If your spell has a save, please include the DC.)

Hecate: A total miss!

Vanessa: A sure strike that sends the Skellington falling onto it's back, where it shatters and rejoins the earth.

Oreom: Smashy smashy. Shattered to bits with one blow!

Thorgeisl: Next time, please indicate where your Elementals move and what they hit. I just fast-tracked it this time, I'll skip their moves next time. Also, your Acid Bolt doesn't have a target so I picked and blew up a random Skellington. You dissolve him entirely!

The Earthies attempt to hit a Skellington at I47! The first misses but the next smashes it easily.

The Air Elementals glide down and cleave into the Skellingtons at D53 and E51. The Skellington at D53 is slashed in half at the spine and collapses, shattering, but the one at E51 endures, the bottom half of it's rib cage falling off and breaking apart.

Edie: You immolate your target(Reflex Save failed) at C52 and a lot of the adjacent Skellingtons are being battered down. The nearest move to an uninjured Skellington would be G49, where your orb floats over and seizes the space by immolating that Skellie(Reflex Save failed.)

Olimar: Assuming a move speed of 20 ft as a Dwarf(20 + 20 = 40), you only moved 30 feet this round. Even accounting for ignoring the diagonal, that's 35 feet. 1 square = 5 feet and 1 diagonal = 1 move. I didn't comp you an attack this time because anything near you died, but be careful next time.

Lefty: Running up and delivering a weapon-based punch, you shatter the Skellington a bit more easily than horror stories of the dead would lead you to believe. Your friends seem to be making out alright as well!

Map after PC Actions.

Fist of Cuthbert Actions

Jaquelyn rushes the first Skellington she sees in a bold attack and crushes the E64 Skelly, her mace unleashing a gout of flame on impact. The Elven Sniper knocks an arrow and a mechanical ratchet draws it back and unleashes it suddenly, impacting upon the Bloodied Skellington at C69 for 7 damage, merely lodging in it's upper arm where it cracks a protruding bone, but the Bloody Skelly continues to stand.

James speaks to his fellow Clerics. "Reflect upon the wound you suffered yesterday and channel with me. We shall show the Warden his comeuppance." The three begin to channel a spell effect together.

The other gentleman moves to -B48 (the Space between the roofs) and points at the remaining Skelly at K49, discharging a ray of vivid neon blue frost from his index finger. It strikes the Skelly square upon the chest. It spreads across the Skelly's ribs and to it's shoulder blades and backs rapidly, causing the front of it to turn brittle and break apart, but 5 damage is not enough to drop K49.

With a sudden burst of wind a winged man with a hellish appearance descends suddenly, clad in leather vest and chaps and a loincloth wrap, his skin pitch black and a barbed spear in his hands. The Strix man lands at B63 and joins Jaquelyn in attacking the forward Skellingtons, jabbing the spear straight into it for a fatal impact, destroying D64.

Map After Fist of Cuthbert's Move

The Warden frowns as best as a skeleton can as he watches his forward guard lose more than half it's number. He raises his free hand and begins to recite. "William Daltry, who abandoned his family to serve in Geareg. He was survived by them for but a fortnight... Widow Valerie Daltry, the Junior Daltry and young Jillian Daltry... all taken for his majesty." Bonotos thrusts his free arm forward and his hand snaps off at the wrist, landing ahead of him between your group and Jaquelyn. It bounces across the ground twice, then snaps up and roots itself in at the wrist. A skeleton joins it from below and rises up, gripping Bonotos' over-sized hand intently. "Serve!" William's skeleton grows to match the size of Bonotos' hand, dark magics ripping the shadows of each bone out and bending them about the individual pieces to form wicked iron frames. A trio of skeleton rise up to join the first, the adult-sized second doubling up with the original skeleton in the frame and the two adolescent skeletons clinging to the arm frames, then shattering. The bones drift into the frame and bunch up, giving the appearance of two massive, knobby arms of bones. The creature finishes growing to full size and the Skeleton Golem forms at D58.

Bonotos gestures with his lantern hand and ethereal flames streak out of it and fly off to the side, through the chapel. His turn finishes and the Skellingtons summoned from the last round attack! The Bloodied Skellingtons draw upon their longbows and load them with their bloodied femurs, opening fire upon the rooftops. The bolts discharge with vicious intensity, the first impacting off the Elven Sniper's shoulder barely... but the next two crash into P'ui and Vanessa's torsos dead center for Critical Hits! Although Vanessa's heavy armor offers her protection, P'ui suffers the full impact(crit confirmed on P'ui, crit misses on Vanessa.)

The bloodied bone bolts shred skin on impact and shake down to the bone, leaving your ribs feeling sore. The Elven Sniper suffers 6 damage.

Vanessa: You take 11 damage.

P'ui: You take a total of 20 damage, accounting for the calamitous impact of the critical hit. The femur is lodged within your chest!

The Skellingtons that survived the slaughter from last round march toward the nearest targets and swing their hatchets, scythes and hammers. One hatchet bounces off Jaquelyn's mace but another hammer smashes into her shin, the Earth Elemental deflects a scythe blow easily but the Air Elemental is razed with a vicious strike from a sledgehammer. This deals 6 damage to the Air Elemental at D51 and 7 damage to Jaquelyn.

Map after Enemy Turn.

OOC: Naturally Oreom posted while I wrote the entire post above, so in light of his kill of F50, that Skelly does not actually strike the Air Elemental. Everything else should occur the same.

Final Map

Edit: Added Edie's Flaming Sphere.

TL;DR: Vanessa takes 11 damage, P'ui takes 20 damage, Jaquelyn takes 7 damage, Val(Elven Sniper) takes 6 damage.

HP: 6.
J47: 1/6
Weapons: Melee Attack +6, 1d10+3 Damage
AC: Less than 15.

HP: More than 7.
C69: 7 Damage Taken.
Weapons: Longbow Attack +10, Crit x3, 1d8+5
AC: Less than 17.

Doomykins fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Mar 24, 2013

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

"Never underestimate their numbers, 'Stache! Five skeletons can be dangerous against a single person." Hecate says to Lefty as she walks forward, joining Thorgeisl's part of the roof. She mutters a few magic words while pointing three fingers of her hand at the Skeleton Golem, each finger shooting a bright flash missile at it. "Of course, we just need to keep the numerical advantage for ourselves!"

Hecate moves to E-52, casts Magic Missile! Damage is 3+3+5

pre:
HP 25/25 AC 14, DR 5 against Non-lethal, Resist Cold 5
Buffs: Bless (+1 on attack rolls and save vs. fear) 
Spell Remaining: 1st Level: 6 2nd Level: 5 

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God

Thorgeisl nods. He gives another series of commands to his summoned army. The air elementals descend upon the giant bone golem, each striking at the undead construct. The earth elementals slowly advance on the skeleton nearest them, not yet in flanking positions, and unleash their own hearty strikes upon it. Once more he reaches out with his hand and unleashes a bolt of acid at a far off skeleton.

2 augmented Small Air Elementals move to C57 and D57, both 1 square up and attack the giant skeleton. 2 augmented small earth elementals shift 1 each to J46 and I48 and attack the nearby skeleton in J47. Hopefully Lefty can position himself to flank with one of them. Not sure if you want me to roll for them or not. My attack is Arcane Bolt - Acid vs skeleton C69 1d20+4 15 for 3d6 16 Acid damage.

Doomykins
Jun 28, 2008

(Yeah, roll elemental attacks too. They're your pets.)

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Air Elementals: 26 HP, Slams vs bone golem 2#1d20+6 21, 24 for 2#1d4+3 7, 6 damage.
Earth Elemtantals: 26 HP, Slams vs J47 skeleton (earth mastery) 2#1d20+8+1 25, 25 for 2#1d6+6+1 9, 9 damage.

Rtwo
Jan 25, 2013
Well, well. Just when Lefty's pretty certain the little skeletons aren't much to worry about, here comes one eight times that size and banded with iron.

Between the two earth elementals, that last skeleton should be dusted. For lack of a better target, Lefty will proceed to G53 and take a total defense, increasing his AC to 23 for the turn. Oreom seems sturdier, maybe he can charge the big one and Lefty will catch up and maneuver into a flank next turn.

: "P'ui! You got that lab fulla beakers and stuff, right? Ain't you got any firebombs or anythin' made yet?"

Rtwo fucked around with this message at 03:48 on Mar 25, 2013

Panic! at Nabisco
Jun 6, 2007

Edie von Altman, who is not pleased with gaudy skeletons
HP 40/40, AC 21+4, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5
Rifle attack: 1d20+8, damage 1d12+1
1st level 4/7, 2nd level 3/5

Edie quirks an eyebrow at the massive eyesore that rises out of the ground. A skeleton ringed in iron? Tasteless. She commands the flame toward it, then hunkers down, lines up a shot, and shoots right at the expanse of bone between the creature's eyes. There's no brain to penetrate, but it has to do something, right?

Commanding the flaming sphere, it can only move 30 feet so it's going to F55. Then lining up a shot and firing at the big iron-ringed one, 1d20+8 = 17, damage 1d12+1 = 11.

zachol
Feb 13, 2009

Nessa
HP 32/41 (1 nonlethal) AC 22

Nessa moves forward, cautiously, wary of the big guy's massive arms. Hopefully it'll have focused on these elemental things. She strikes abruptly, slashing at its legs.

Wait until those elementals have moved and (hopefully) eaten up its AoOs. Move to C58, attack big guy at 1d20+14=19 for 1d8+7=12. Heal 1 nonlethal (woo).

malikial
Jan 26, 2013
Olimar snarls out, "<Dorf>MORADIN'S BALLS! These lasses mean to steal all the glory!<Dorf> I'll not have you fellows taking the glory that is rightfully mine!" He lets out an enraged snarl and moves swiftly across the battlefield, forgoing all caution for speed as he runs directly forward to I-56, motioning to Ironmaw as he takes off as fast as he dwarven legs will carry him, he bellows, <Dorf>IRONMAW, COME!<Dorf>

Ironmaw moves forward quickly also, to J-56, seeming just as eager as her master to get to the biting and squeezing.

malikial fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Mar 25, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nikumatic
Feb 13, 2012

Oreom Bonne

"Iron? IRON!?" Oreom bellows, utterly disbelieving his eyes. "THAT'S BLINKIN' STUPID!" He seems genuinely irritated! "Why would'ya do that with anythin' but GOLD!?"

After all, that flimsy sort of reinforcement to flimsy sorts of bone structure must exist just to show off, right? Iron is the worst way to show off! With the number of spells and bullets flying, maybe he's a little bit reckless about things, but nonetheless Oreom ducks his shoulders and rushes up to E57, swinging his terbutje at the centermost part of its mass with .. maybe not his best focus in the entire world. C'mon, he's not going to go whole heartedly into attacking something so dumb-looking as that. Still, he did strike a pretty sturdy, broad part of it, so maybe he could do a decent chunk of damage if the frame was as stupid as he thought.

• Locked thread