Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

broken pixel posted:

Keeping with the theme of tribal-ish tattoos, I bring another chapter from "It Came From Facebook." At first, I wasn't sure about this one, but the more I look at it the more I laugh.

This tattoo totally loving owns and you seriously posted it in the wrong thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Critical
Aug 23, 2007

jarofpiss posted:

This tattoo totally loving owns and you seriously posted it in the wrong thread.

That tattoo is horribly done. Bad line work, the shading is very questionable and the dragon looks like it has chromosomal issues.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Critical posted:

That tattoo is horribly done. Bad line work, the shading is very questionable and the dragon looks like it has chromosomal issues.

It kind of looks like the pictures we've seen of stolen tattoos. Like the original was far better, but the tattoo artist that copied it couldn't capture the awesome.

Edit: Dammit. I can't find that tumblr.

God, the image search has several different people that this could be from. All do sell flash, so maybe it was a mash-up of their flash or something, and then put in with crappy lines and questionable color.
Although, it looks closest to Valerie Vargas work. Or Amy Williams.

hyperhazard posted:

I was thinking Princess Mononoke, myself. Stoned out of her gourd.

I looked that up too, but I don't think it's supposed to be a stylized princess mononoke. The asiany animal head hats on cartoony girls seems to be pretty popular lately.

Critical posted:

I'm with you on this.

Bored has a new favorite as of 23:20 on Mar 24, 2013

grumplestiltzkin
Jun 7, 2012

Ass, gas, or grass. No one rides for free.
Am I the only one that thinks it just looks like she's wearing a dragon hat?

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.
I think that's supposed to be a wolf, not a dragon. Look at it's ears - not only that, but the women in the tattoo is dressed in Native American garb, so it would make sense that she would be wearing a wolf pelt like that.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

jarofpiss posted:

Both of them appear to have slightly lazy eyes, the perspective of her nose switches from a side view at the bridge to a frontal view at the tip, the lips don't match the perspective of the face and what the hell is up with that tumor she calls a chin bulged up over her lower lip?

Seems to me that this is the proper thread for that tattoo.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Azrael Alexander posted:

I think that's supposed to be a wolf, not a dragon. Look at it's ears - not only that, but the women in the tattoo is dressed in Native American garb, so it would make sense that she would be wearing a wolf pelt like that.

I was thinking Princess Mononoke, myself. Stoned out of her gourd.

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

I'm having fun with this tumblr. I marvel at bad tattoos that are technically well done.

All marked #goodtattoo:

and this (btw, the placement egads):

right after this post:

bunnybean has a new favorite as of 21:33 on Mar 24, 2013

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

bunnybean posted:

right after this post:

I opened my own tattoo studio just this week. My first walk in client asked for the infinity symbol with some arabic writing around it. They admitted not knowing how to read, write or pronounce arabic but 'liked the way it looked' even though all we had as reference is what they had seen on an internet translation. I had seen this poster before they'd walked in and cringed so hard.

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Yo horse.....We got some funyuns?
Neigh.

The best part of a Walking Dead tattoo.

I decided to go search for examples or possibly where the tattooist got the pieces for the wolf head thing again, since the more I look at it, the crappier the "artwork". But here's one that came up in the search that has nothing to do with that argument.

El Estrago Bonito posted:

If I had to guess who that wolf head tattoo was ripped from I'd say Sagent Staygold since it looks an awful lot like a poor quality rendition of his work and he does a ton of Cowboy/Native American styled flash.

Good call! I still haven't found the references, but his lips are flatter than most of the other artists I've been going through and his noses have variety (instead of only drawing one kind of nose on all pictures.) By flat, I mean that there is less definition in how he draws the lips, which might cause a less skilled artist to not quite understand what they are seeing, making them draw lips like the ones in the wolf head tattoo.

Bored has a new favorite as of 01:07 on Mar 25, 2013

bunnybean
Mar 31, 2010

dpack_1 posted:

I opened my own tattoo studio just this week. My first walk in client asked for the infinity symbol with some arabic writing around it. They admitted not knowing how to read, write or pronounce arabic but 'liked the way it looked' even though all we had as reference is what they had seen on an internet translation. I had seen this poster before they'd walked in and cringed so hard.
That's a great first client though because there's no way to gently caress it up :haw:

Bored posted:

Neigh.
drat that doggy strung his leash through his own chin.

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Critical posted:

I'm seeing a few shaky hair wisps and the eye paint looks like it healed patchy but that perspective owns and it looks like a good tattoo to me.

Azrael Alexander
Jun 24, 2011

No one ever asks if Bender would like to live in a tiny little house. Not that I would. A tiny little house that says "Bender" on it.

dantheman650 posted:

If I was covered in ink already and had a small spot open somewhere inconspicuous, I'd get a replica of that $10 tattoo. It makes me laugh every time I see it.

Azrael Alexander has a new favorite as of 03:21 on Mar 25, 2013

GreenCard78
Apr 25, 2005

It's all in the game, yo.

Bored posted:

Neigh.

That's perfect, they look so stoned.

Jesus looks pissed and wants blood. Who made Jesus so angry?

Rat Patrol
Feb 15, 2008

kill kill kill kill
kill me now

GreenCard78 posted:

That's perfect, they look so stoned.

Jesus looks pissed and wants blood. Who made Jesus so angry?

I'm more concerned about what appears to be Jesus' penis :eyepop:

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
If I had to guess who that wolf head tattoo was ripped from I'd say Sagent Staygold since it looks an awful lot like a poor quality rendition of his work and he does a ton of Cowboy/Native American styled flash.

KGmeow
Oct 5, 2007

I have a coworker who got these for her 11th and 12th tattoos.

Looking at her Facebook, the other ones seem to be about the same quality. It's a shame because she's otherwise very pretty.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Unbreakable over a background of shattering glass. :downs:

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Edmond Dantes posted:

/edit: ^^^^ really? drat, my money was on "poor literal translation".

I think he went for "I'll walk my [own] path" or something like that, but thought it up in English and then translated it (rather poorly) word-by-word, which would explain the choice of words, grammar and the weird connectors. I don't think the person who wrote that knows a whole lot of Japanese.

I know the guy who did that tattoo. He's an American, but has lived in Japan for over 10 years now and has a masters degree in Japanese language. Also he's a great tattooist.

jarofpiss posted:

Ahahaha no, no it doesn't and no they didn't.

GATOS Y VATOS has a new favorite as of 01:04 on Mar 25, 2013

SALT CURES HAM
Jan 4, 2011

Sorry but :black101: GRIM AND FROSTBITTEN KVLT grumpycat is loving hilarious

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

bunnybean posted:

I'm having fun with this tumblr. I marvel at bad tattoos that are technically well done.

All marked #goodtattoo:

These are all really good tattoos, especially the first three.

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON

jarofpiss posted:

She's looking in two different directions.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Smoking skeleton owns.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

Dude, that pinecone is the poo poo.

Do you have any clue how hard it is to even draw a damned pinecone? Much less tattoo one. It's well stylized and colored.

I don't know why you'd want a pinecone on your body, but hey, maybe it means something to them.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

DicktheCat posted:

Do you have any clue how hard it is to even draw a damned pinecone? Much less tattoo one. It's well stylized and colored.

I don't know why you'd want a pinecone on your body, but hey, maybe it means something to them.

Next they'll cover it in peanut butter and seed and stand outside to feed the birds.

DorkusMalorkus
Aug 4, 2009

"That's not Latin!"
I think "Gungan character (not even Jar-Jar, the one everyone knows) from Star Wars Episode One" is pretty tasteless no matter how technically well done it is.

Content:

"soule & matee"

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

DicktheCat posted:

Pretty sure the first part of your post answers the second part.

redmercer
Sep 15, 2011

by Fistgrrl

DorkusMalorkus posted:

"soule & matee"

Questionable script aside, the man has shown remarkable foresight by tattooing "Mate" on his right hand

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...
Got a dumb awesome tattoo, no point in posting it in the other thread.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow
Are those graham crackers? At least say what it is.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...
Oh sorry, I had meant to.

Yeah it's graham crackers on my arm.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

What brand of gram crackers are you eating that are so rubbery?

chapstickie
Apr 30, 2011

IUG posted:

What brand of gram crackers are you eating that are so rubbery?

Perhaps they are soggy.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

he knows...
All the seasoned graham cracker eaters dip in milk first.

Sixgun Strumpet
Feb 17, 2009

Heh, yeah, 'round here I call myself The Enabler. I suspect pretty much everyone wishes they could be me -- I'm kind of a big deal, you see.

THE JORY
Jul 28, 2012

I'm guessing the person is a furry?

Assoonasitits
Dec 11, 2007

I guess frogout is too polite to simply say "begone".

I for sure would want "-Infinity Tattoo-" tattooed on my arm, because it's hilarious and I get to mock people with the infinity symbol tattooed on themselves. But then I'm an idiot for having my tattoo, so...

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal

redmercer posted:

Questionable script aside, the man has shown remarkable foresight by tattooing "Mate" on his right hand

Can't stop laughing, help.

Darth Freddy
Feb 6, 2007

An Emperor's slightest dislike is transmitted to those who serve him, and there it is amplified into rage.

I won't even lie this made me snicker a little. Probably some Trekkie who lost a pet and not some random furry.....I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

Darth Freddy posted:

I won't even lie this made me snicker a little. Probably some Trekkie who lost a pet and not some random furry.....I hope.

You know it's a furry, don't kid yourself.

This obv came from FB, is it a TATTOO GUN?
I just noticed, possibly an 11 year old did this. Wut.

• Locked thread