Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ally_1986
Apr 3, 2011

Wait...I had something for this...
aha I am buying this game when I get back to the UK in July. A fish as a weapon? Just amazing!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Oh god, that fish part killed me. I saw it in some trailer and it was everything I could hope for. Also it brought back memories of you shooting a poor fish in Mafia. With a Tommy Gun. Good show! :golfclap:

So, Wei seems to have a way with the ladies. But I have to ask, does the game keep you from punching when you are on dates?
I really expected you to jump-kick Amanda when she did her dumb poses.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

So the mystic script says.
I didn't know you could do Cop Jobs! :aaa: That's awesome, aw man I am so doing that when I get back in the game.

Also HELL YES KARAOKE! I loving love Karaoke in this game, it is adorable to see Wei Shen try and sing.
I would also love to point out that Raymond, Shen's police handler, is voiced by Byron Mann a.k.a Ryu from the live-action Street Fighter movie.

...in COUNTERANCE to that, Conroy Wu that jerkass in the Sun On Yee who hates on Wei, is voiced by Robin Shou a.k.a Liu Kang from the live-action Mortal Kombat movie.
Isn't that neat!? :haw:

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

Oh, right. :downs: I don't think I watched those.

biosterous
Feb 23, 2013

The human-shield kneecapping move shoots the left leg, while the leg break hits the right leg. You can cripple both of someone's legs if you want.

You monster

Barf Wight
Sep 4, 2011
OK, you can stop yelling :hf:
I think some of the reason for Tiffany's delivery being off at first is to mimic how people in clubs sometimes talk oddly to make sure they're heard over the music. Maybe I'm just rationalizing.

I can't find any proof that it really is Will Yun Lee singing during the karaoke but it sounds like him and I think I might have read the same thing you did near the games release.

Great Joe
Aug 13, 2008

Hey, if you're still looking for dudes to co-commentate, I haven't really played the game either.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Tupperwarez posted:

That's a funny way spelling Space rear end in a top hat, hoss. :colbert:

RE: Red Faction: Guerilla aka Space rear end in a top hat, there's a Weekly Humble Bundle going on right now where you can get RF:G, RF:A+DLC plus Darksiders I & II for not a whole lot of money. RF:G isn't a very good PC port, but it's serviceable and a whole lot of fun.

I know most people rave about how fun the hammer is, but it is nothing compared to the shenanigans you can get up to with remote charges.

KozmoNaut fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 26, 2013

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.
This was lost on the last page.

Chocolate Donuts posted:

Holy balls, sorry I'm late. Got home last night and did some dinking with the audio and then passed out waiting for it to render.

First off, :siren:Video 7: Karaoke:siren: (with JossiRossi)

Rossi and I do some work for the police, visit a club, and sing karaoke. I talk a lot in hopes that I won't get nailed for copyright.

Second, Fight Club: Kennedy Town, Fight Club: Aberdeen, and Fight Club: Central. All as promised.

Third, I want to apologize for not getting back to the people who offered to help with commentary yet. I'll be at work all night tonight and most of the day tomorrow, so I probably won't have a moment to get back to you and do that until at least tomorrow evening. Sorry! :ohdear:

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007
Please change my name to "The Guff Machine"
Driving around with the siren on doesn't make cars get out of your way per se, but every car in a certain radius stops when you drive close to them.

Another great thing about Surprise Exchange is that you can follow it up with instant knockdown which you can do by doubletapping grab when behind someone.

You can also fail the karaoke segment if you get a really low score doing it and get a funny failure message out of it, and you should also try doing a jumpkick on a hostile target when armed with a handgun, although I'm not entirely sure if the alternate attack only works when you get the slowmo followup upgrade.

On the other hand, I don't recall being able to disarm cops, any attempts to do so just ended with me either being pushed away or handcuffed, maybe they added that option in one of the updates.

AnotherGamer fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Mar 26, 2013

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Vendors glitching out and cowering instead of letting you interact with them is something I never noticed until after I installed "Year of the Snake". Then again, maybe it's not a glitch as it only seems to happen when Wei is wearing an outfit with some connection to the HKPD.

Seeing Wei dressed as a Triad or fictional character doesn't seem to phase anyone. Seeing him dressed as a cop freaks people out.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
JossiRossi, since you said in the video you're lactose intolerant, you might want to look into lactase enzyme pills/supplements. It really helps. If it's really bad, you might want to look into Celiac disease/gluten intolerance, since it can actually cause lactose intolerance. Though taking lactase enzyme still helps in either case.

Anyways, it's kind of hilarious how people apparently cower because of a simple cop outfit.

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

:black101: Break a leg! :black101:

AnotherGamer posted:

On the other hand, I don't recall being able to disarm cops, any attempts to do so just ended with me either being pushed away or handcuffed, maybe they added that option in one of the updates.

I'm at work on my phone, so I can't really respond to everything I want to right now, but I can say that as far as I remember it's something like the cop has to have his weapon out and be off guard- this might include firing at you, and definitely means while they're staggering from an attack. That's just what I remember, mind.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Kgummy posted:

Anyways, it's kind of hilarious how people apparently cower because of a simple cop outfit.
Or it could be because he did this a moment earlier...

Hookers count as vendors, right?

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Chocolate Donuts posted:

I'm at work on my phone, so I can't really respond to everything I want to right now, but I can say that as far as I remember it's something like the cop has to have his weapon out and be off guard- this might include firing at you, and definitely means while they're staggering from an attack. That's just what I remember, mind.

Yeah, I gave it another try earlier and it seems to work as it should now, their handcuffing grabs tend to have too much priority.

Cream
May 6, 2007
Fett-kart

Tin Tim posted:

Or it could be because he did this a moment earlier...

Hookers count as vendors, right?

Is that the Daytona car? AKA Hornet.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
PS3 Users: Do you feel left out by the sales you missed on Steam and XBL? Feel that way no longer! The game, the first two story DLC, and what looks like most of the cosmetic DLC are on sale now on PSN.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Strangely enough, Tiffany's full name is Tiffany Kim. It's strange in that 1)Why would use your real name as your hostess name and 2)Kim is a Korean-specific surname, so it's likely she's Korean. It's supported by the fact that the VA is Korean as well (Kim Yunjin, from Lost and currently in Mistress)

Anyways, is it just me, is it fitting that the first Karaoke is "I fought the law"? I hope there's someone with the surname Law so that it becomes literal.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

ArcadePark posted:

Anyways, is it just me, is it fitting that the first Karaoke is "I fought the law"? I hope there's someone with the surname Law so that it becomes literal.
Not just you, Wei Shen is just a cocky motherfucker and loves to fly close to the sun sometimes.

Electric Slug
Oct 30, 2011
Alright, finally sent a friend request. Although I'll gladly trade it if you get yourself that pig face as an avatar. The legend of ghost pig must continue through the eons!

Automatic Slim
Jul 1, 2007

I wonder if you get a special "audiophile" bonus if you smash all speakers with the bodies of your foes?

The karaoke section is a wonderful example in the differences between good violence and bad violence. Bad violence is graphic and gratuitous violence that is typically depicted in the media. Good violence is graphic and gratuitous violence depicted in really, really cool and creative ways.

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.
I really hope you show off the Wing Chun Master outfit, along with the special combos it gives. That, along with that oh so wonderful knee based attack would allow you to semi-reenact this scene:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1Cb2d0ZUVs

(Ip Man was the Wing Chun Master that taught Bruce Lee, and has two movies (Ip Man, Ip Man 2) that tell slightly exaggerated stories based on his life. They're on Netflix and I highly recommend watching them. The second one even takes place in Hong Kong!)

Edit: Forgot to mention that this video shows the best way I've found to use counters, which admittedly isn't very original. Just counter and then beat the poo poo out of the person while their guard's down. Fights go by pretty quick!

Onean fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 27, 2013

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

ArcadePark posted:

Only if we get to sing "My Wei".

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

So much I want to reply to, and I have to leave.

So instead, I'll cook up a better post later, and you guys can have this for now:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74AUp5rL97Q

Wanted to show you the clothing I've picked up while running around, along with the preset outfits I've found in Lockboxes (Mr. Black) and unlocked via the Fight Clubs. While I have a video already recorded for Friday, I wanted to get some clothing input before I went and recorded more! :buddy:

Buried alive
Jun 8, 2009
Well, some of those knock-off movie outfits are pretty great.

AnotherGamer
Jan 12, 2007

Onean posted:

I really hope you show off the Wing Chun Master outfit, along with the special combos it gives.

What would those be? Every wiki, website and FAQ seems to make it a point to be as halfassed as possible when it comes to actually listing any new features any outfits might have that's not outright listed as a set bonus, the only one I know about that I don't have myself is that one of them has a rapid punch combo as a replacement for the jumping spinkick.

Kgummy
Aug 14, 2009
Well, having just started playing this game due to the lp, I must say it's already worth it.

Simply because now I have a screenshot of a guy standing on a payphone, answering a cell phone.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
I hope you can show off the Son Wukong outfit at one point. I would enjoy watching you on your cloud bike going all Journey to the West on enemies.

Quiet Python
Nov 8, 2011
Could you wear the Mr. Black outfit at some point? I found the lockbox it was in, but it never appeared in my closet. I'd kind of like to see it.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Okay I need to ask now Donuts, what the hell is that multicoloured equine with dreadlocks in your avatar beside Ghost Pig?

Please tell me it is something I can get in the game.

Thesaya
May 17, 2011

I am a Plant.

FinalGamer posted:

Okay I need to ask now Donuts, what the hell is that multicoloured equine with dreadlocks in your avatar beside Ghost Pig?

That is from his other LP. The one about horsez.

Zalgo
Oct 21, 2009

He͔̻̖͕ ͕͈̺͕̜c̯̜͇̲o̜͖̦m͙es͔̞̬̗͙.̥
Hat: Cowboy Hat
Top: Aspirazone Buff Jacket
Pants: No pants. (unless you are hiding a pair of dress pants that match the jacket)
Shoes: High Roller Shoes

Onean
Feb 11, 2010

Maiden in white...
You are not one of us.

AnotherGamer posted:

What would those be? Every wiki, website and FAQ seems to make it a point to be as halfassed as possible when it comes to actually listing any new features any outfits might have that's not outright listed as a set bonus, the only one I know about that I don't have myself is that one of them has a rapid punch combo as a replacement for the jumping spinkick.

If this is too spoilery, I can cut it out, but I'll put it behind a spoiler just in case.

The rapid punch combo is the main thing, which you get without having to unlock the jumping spinkick. It also allows you to use the previous kick unlock before unlocking it. It changes Wei's stance and a few animations. Nothing outstanding, flashy, or amazing, but they're subtle and kinda nifty to recognize. Its set bonus, slowing down time, slows the game down during counter attacks, making them easier to do.

FinalGamer
Aug 30, 2012

Thesaya posted:

That is from his other LP. The one about horsez.
...well now I know whose name I'M looking up in the Let's Play Archive! :haw: thanks! Time to learn the backstory of the great Chocolate Donuts' strife and times.

Also, I demand you go to Hang & Sui at least once, and find that light-blue T-shirt to wear. At least for one mission.

You know the one.

The one with the most awesome badass reptile on it. :colbert:

FinalGamer fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 28, 2013

Fridurmus
Nov 2, 2009

Zalgo posted:

Hat: Cowboy Hat
Top: Aspirazone Buff Jacket
Pants: No pants. (unless you are hiding a pair of dress pants that match the jacket)
Shoes: High Roller Shoes

I am almost certain these pants exist, but I have yet to find them. :v: I'll look around some to see if I can't just pinpoint a lockbox and knock it out real fast, but otherwise I might wait to run this outfit in lieu of the others people want to see (Sun Wukong, Mr. Black, Wing Chun Master, etc)

FinalGamer posted:

Not in this game.

I almost hate to link this because it's so old, but goddamn that was a fun LP (my very first :allears: ):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8G29hRtvNw

Tin Tim posted:

So, Wei seems to have a way with the ladies. But I have to ask, does the game keep you from punching when you are on dates?
I really expected you to jump-kick Amanda when she did her dumb poses.

I'll have to check as soon as I get the chance to, but you can't replay date missions and I've since saved over that slot while recording. :smith:

Incidentally this is the only thing keeping me from trying to make a video of Wei breaking her bones in horrific ways just for you, Tin Tim, so rejoice in that.

biosterous posted:

The human-shield kneecapping move shoots the left leg, while the leg break hits the right leg. You can cripple both of someone's legs if you want.

You monster

I'll get back to you on this. :ssh:

Onean posted:

If this is too spoilery, I can cut it out, but I'll put it behind a spoiler just in case.

Not a huge spoiler, really. I don't mind too much since it's just talking about that outfit. :buddy:

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Chocolate Donuts posted:

I'll have to check as soon as I get the chance to, but you can't replay date missions and I've since saved over that slot while recording. :smith:

Incidentally this is the only thing keeping me from trying to make a video of Wei breaking her bones in horrific ways just for you, Tin Tim, so rejoice in that.
I was just curious, but if you want to.. :getin:

Also here is my rendition of what a date with the real Wei Shen would be like. It's a rough draft of the first script, so don't nail me on the stage directions.

quote:

Actors: Jet Li as Wei Shen ; Cameron Diaz as the girl ; Bill Cosby as a security guard

Setup: The lead actors are standing in front of a railing, high above Hongkong with a great view of the city. The girl looks at Wei, with love-struck eyes, while he stares out into the distant city. Wei also wears his trademark pig mask. But that may just be a figment of his imagination, caused by his schizophrenia. *Figure this out later* The security guard is outside of the shot and waits for his mark. *Make sure that he sticks to the script. No improv!*

Scene:

:j: "Oh my gosh, that was a really nice day."

:mrapig: "Yes."

:j: "Sooo, was this like a "date" ?" *air qoutes have to be acted perfectly*

:mrapig: "I guess."

:j: *giggle* "Well if that's so, then I have an idea." *wink*wink*

The guard walks by in the distance and does a wacky face. Focus on him Keep him at the edge of the shot.

Wei suddenly snaps his head towards the girl.

:mrapig: *snicker* "Me too."

The girl closes her eyes and leans forward for a kiss. The screen fades to black, with the pig mask Wei's smiling face at the center. As soon as the fade finishes, the screen shakes violently and muffled punching sounds echo out.

Actors: Cameron Diaz as the girl ; William Shatner as a doctor

Setup: The girl slowly awakes and we'll use a bunch of effects to make that confusing as hell. Her head is all wrapped up in bandages, and she has some kind of medical contraption on one leg. The doctor walks up to her, and tells her that she has been in a coma for three years. Also that she has to face a new life with a seriously malformed head, and will forever walk with a limp. While she breaks down in tears, the camera slowly pans toward a Tv in the background. On it, we see Wei Shen receiving an award for his stellar police work and bringing down the Triads of Hongkong. He still wears the pig mask.

Scene: *WIP*

Credit Roll

original content - please don't steal

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
You need to show the Gangland outfits. :colbert:

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Toffile posted:

You need to show the Gangland outfits. :colbert:

I wish there were more outfits for Triad XP, the higher ones all involve a really stupid motif that looks totally out of place in Hong Kong.

I mean, North Face poofy clothing is popular here in Korea, but it's also actally cold sometimes here. It never gets below 60 f in HK.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Just went through all the videos. Is it me, or are everyone's eyes just a bit too small for their character models? They all seem just a bit out of proportion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Will you be doing the 3 major DLC mission packs?

• Locked thread