Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mayor McCheese
Sep 20, 2004

Everyone is a mayor... Someday..
Lipstick Apathy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.
Is Visorman even a launch title?

Scirocco Griffon
Feb 3, 2012

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Is Visorman even a launch title?

That kind of implies that the person making it is competent enough to actually finish the project. They probably got bored with it and went back to making a TF2 webcomic with Garry's Mod or something by now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The Assassination of the Goon XboxPants By The Console Ouya.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Wait, Visorman is real and not just a joke? I've been skimming the thread most of the time and because of the cover I thought it was fake. :psyduck:

Yar The Pirate
Feb 19, 2012

Delusional Commenter on an Ouya Article defending their One True Savior posted:

Is your Android smartphone full of in-depth console-style apps designed primarily for a big screen and a controller that you can't get on Google Play? Or are you saying you only ever want to play cell phone games, the majority of which are designed for 5 minute play at a time?

I don't think this person has taken a good look at the majority of announced OUYA games.

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Steven doesn't want me watching him sleep anymore.
To clarify, I do also think that part of the reason they weren't announcing games is because of the insane pace the OUYA & developers have had to follow. In other words, it's not all just a marketing move. I've always said that the entire OUYA project has been a mad rush with an unreasonable schedule to release a system like this before someone else does.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

Wait, Visorman is real and not just a joke? I've been skimming the thread most of the time and because of the cover I thought it was fake. :psyduck:

I'm afraid it is real and apparently has some 'buzz'. I am not loving joking:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/OUYA-Launches-Week-53977.html

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

A Fancy 400 lbs posted:

I like to think it's some other forums' elaborate, fake parody game, and they are all secretly laughing at everyone. :unsmith:

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Visorman is so real that they now have a kickstarter. They have 13 whole pounds pledged so far guys!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polygongaming/visorman-battle-the-generic-army-guy-in-a-retro-fp

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Oh dear God.

Polio Vax Scene
Apr 5, 2009

You know what the SCAMYA's interior reminds me of? Those little motor-powered balls with a stuffed ferret attached to them that would roll randomly around the room. Our dog loved that thing. Suffice to say it also provided more entertainment in 1993 for $10 than an OUYA released 2013 for $99 ever will.

edit: oh god its a gif :stare:

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot

XboxPants posted:

The OUYA isn't available for purchase tomorrow.

The FOIBLE has been purchasable for months now, both through their website and though Amazon and other online retails, and if you want to argue about what 'purchase' means or what 'tomorrow' means, just dont. It is possible, today, at this very time, to pay $99.99 and someone somewhere will promise you an OOZE-IT.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

astr0man posted:

Visorman is so real that they now have a kickstarter. They have 13 whole pounds pledged so far guys!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/polygongaming/visorman-battle-the-generic-army-guy-in-a-retro-fp

:stare:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

astr0man posted:

This is either a joke or the work of a very sad, autistic man. :smith:

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Meat Recital posted:

The FOIBLE has been purchasable for months now, both through their website and though Amazon and other online retails, and if you want to argue about what 'purchase' means or what 'tomorrow' means, just dont. It is possible, today, at this very time, to pay $99.99 and someone somewhere will promise you an OOZE-IT.

Many people in this thread, for a very long time, have said that it wasn't possible to "buy" an OUYA until you could actually pay money and receive one. This isn't something I came up with.

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga

precision posted:

No you see it's the work of a truly genius indie game developer and it will surely revolutionize the industry.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

precision posted:

Visorman's Rewards Tiers
  1. £6 or more: Your name added to the credits, and a massive thank you! (All rewards include previous incentives!)
  2. £12 or more: A digital copy of the game upon release. For free!
  3. £12 or more: A massive thank you e-mail from myself, not just for supporting Visorman, but for allowing the legacy that retro games left to continue!
  4. £20 or more: Receive the game a week before release, before anyone else has a chance to play it!
  5. £40 or more: Your face placed on one of the 'Generic Army Guys' faces! (Will require you to e-mail me a picture of yourself)
  6. £70 or more: Your own select-able multiplayer character! (Your face placed on a character in multiplayer, and the character will be named after you (or whatever name you desire)). (Will require you to e-mail a picture of yourself)
  7. £80 or more: A 'Visorman Backer' t-shirt!
  8. £100 or more: The next 'Polygon Gaming' game we release; free of charge!
  9. £2000 or more: A glass replica Visor so that you yourself can save the FPS' genre with retro controls, graphics, and gameplay! (Must be worn with a stern expression upon your face.)
This has to be a parody... :catstare:

gay skull
Oct 24, 2004

astr0man posted:

This really comes off more like a parody done by one of us than a serious game for anything, even XBLIG or XBOULIYAG.

edit: Actually, you can play a game that's pretty much Visorman right now:

The War of the End of the Days, available on Xbox Live Indie Games. :laugh: And somehow it looks better than Visorman.

Oh my God I wish we had a picture of XboxPants

gay skull fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Mar 28, 2013

astr0man
Feb 21, 2007

hollyeo deuroga
Do kick starters for SHAMWOW games break the rules since all games are supposed to be free?

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

XboxPants posted:

Many people in this thread, for a very long time, have said that it wasn't possible to "buy" an OUYA until you could actually pay money and receive one. This isn't something I came up with.

Don't you ever get tired of arguing semantics?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dapper Dan posted:

I'm afraid it is real and apparently has some 'buzz'. I am not loving joking:

http://www.cinemablend.com/games/OUYA-Launches-Week-53977.html

The best thing about this is the video. The best thing about the video is the song and the crab walk.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Breetai posted:

He's not arguing, he is debating, there is a difference you see because

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

SoupyTwist posted:

http://forums.ouya.tv/discussion/1040/in-app-purchase-testing-change

Do they not have a separate development and production environment? :stare:

edit: Oh my

pre:
        JSONObject purchaseRequest = new JSONObject();
        purchaseRequest.put("uuid", uniqueId);
        purchaseRequest.put("identifier", product.getIdentifier());
        // This value is only needed for testing, not setting it results in a live purchase
        purchaseRequest.put("testing", "true"); 
Holy poo poo, that thread.

JonAbrams Member, Administrator, Team OUYA posted:

We had encountered a problem whereby many developers were submitting games with the testing flag enabled. We realized that this would be a common problem going forward, so we changed the server side logic to treat purchases from published games as non-test purchases even if the game had the testing flag enabled. This change occurred on March 22. (...)
This change was not communicated, for that we apologize.

TheFlyingOrc posted:

This is amazingly unprofessional.

JonAbrams Member, Administrator, Team OUYA posted:

TheFlyingOrc said:
Can you please be more specific in your feedback?

That's insane. "I'm just not... I don't see the unprofessionalism here. Can you show me? Help me understand. We just made it so we ignore your testing signals and treat everything as real transactions. I don't get why that would upset you." It's embarassing to even consider. What's the next level beyond internet trainwreck? Like where everybody just feels sort of bad about having laughed at all.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

"All those N64 games looked like poo poo on purpose, right guys? Right? Style choices!"

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing
"What is credit cards. When you get right down to it, has anybody even seen money???", mused Jon Abrams.

I'm showing this to some of my SWIFT/ Interbanking colleagues tomorrow. I'll see if I can get pictures of their reactions.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

Don't run your OUYAs after midnight.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

My impression was that every OUYA was gonna be developer ready and that they had sold units to people around the world. If they want every OUYA player to be a possible OUYA developer then yeah it's skipping a pretty huge step to completely ignore all overseas developers.

Why in the world would you NOT try to include overseas developers? Why would you handicap yourself like that?

Quoting because XPants keeps ignoring me.

boo_radley posted:

"What is credit cards. When you get right down to it, has anybody even seen money???", mused Jon Abrams.

I'm showing this to some of my SWIFT/ Interbanking colleagues tomorrow. I'll see if I can get pictures of their reactions.

I swear I'll never not be surprised by how little the OUYA team knows about anything.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

boo_radley posted:

What's the next level beyond internet trainwreck? Like where everybody just feels sort of bad about having laughed at all.

Internet School Shooting?

I can't find any information on where the OMNOMNOM Launch Event actually is. Somewhere, right now, just across the bridge from me, people are getting drunk and playing the KURTRUSSELL. I was going to bluff my way in!

XboxPants
Jan 30, 2006

Breetai posted:

I wasn't the one to bring it up - ask Meat Recital instead.

My impression was that every OUYA was gonna be developer ready and that they had sold units to people around the world. If they want every OUYA player to be a possible OUYA developer then yeah it's skipping a pretty huge step to completely ignore all overseas developers.

Why in the world would you NOT try to include overseas developers? Why would you handicap yourself like that?

They don't have enough time to do everything that needs to be done, so if there's a corner that can be cut and still let the system still turn on and play games, they gotta consider cutting it.

Anyway the point is moot, they do actually have all the tax forms up.

XboxPants fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Mar 28, 2013

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

XboxPants posted:

I wasn't the one to bring it up - ask Meat Recital instead.

They don't have enough time to do everything that needs to be done, so if there's a corner that can be cut and the system will still turn on and play games, they gotta consider.

When you're trying to sell a system, the corner you cut isn't marketing or extra developers when you're already short on games at launch. You say this like OUYA has amazing software or hardware to back this up. They don't.

Some amazing quotes from that thread.

New feature: Being able to change your credit card info, basic IAP features for developers!
Wait, the console is shipping TOMORROW? :magical:

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

zylche posted:

New feature: Being able to change your credit card info

Ahahahaha. I mean seriously. Oh my god.

I'm taking tomorrow off and buying some popcorn.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

They ship tomorrow though, right? I feel like people won't start receiving them until Monday or Tuesday.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

zylche posted:

When you're trying to sell a system, the corner you cut isn't marketing or extra developers when you're already short on games at launch. You say this like OUYA has amazing software or hardware to back this up. They don't.

New feature: Being able to change your credit card info, basic IAP features for developers!
Wait, the console is shipping TOMORROW? :magical:

Basically what he said PeePants.

Also, holy loving poo poo this thing is shipping FINISHED tomorrow? What a piece of poo poo.

mechanicalFactory
Dec 24, 2011

I could calculate your chances of survival... but you won't like it.

XboxPants posted:

To clarify, I do also think that part of the reason they weren't announcing games is because of the insane pace the OUYA & developers have had to follow. In other words, it's not all just a marketing move. I've always said that the entire OUYA project has been a mad rush with an unreasonable schedule to release a system like this before someone else does.

Hey, OUYApants, since you are practically all of OUYA's marketing team, you should help them out and advertise all the great games coming to the OUYA!

Like Visorman, which is a low quality rip of Goldeneye.

Or that one cube third person shooter with copyright infringement in it!

Or Minecraft*!

* note Notch, Mojang, or any other Minecraft Developer or Distributor has not said they're porting Minecraft

mechanicalFactory fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Mar 28, 2013

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

codenameFANGIO posted:

They ship tomorrow though, right? I feel like people won't start receiving them until Monday or Tuesday.

If there aren't any actual units in the US tonight, what the poo poo are they doing at the launch party? Are they sitting around looking at an empty box?! Why count down to midnight if that's when they're shipping from China??!!

If they're shipping from here (SF) tonight, people should be getting them this afternoon. Like, people in CA, anyway.

Dex
May 26, 2006

Quintuple x!!!

Would not escrow again.

VERY MISLEADING!

XboxPants posted:

They don't have enough time to do everything that needs to be done, so if there's a corner that can be cut and still let the system still turn on and play games, they gotta consider cutting it.

It must be cool living in a world where tax obligations are corners you can cut for the sake of having more time to nod enthusiastically at questions you don't understand. Can somebody link me to the OUYA page regarding taxes(since I know that poo poo didn't exist a month ago), because I've no idea if the marketplace is the seller and you're earning royalties, or you're the seller and paying commission or what the gently caress. I mean, I'm sure my local tax office is going to be totally fine if I cut a few corners since I have important things to do instead, so it's probably not a big deal.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Basically what he said PeePants.

Also, holy loving poo poo this "thing" is "shipping" "FINISHED" "tomorrow"? What a piece of poo poo.

I hope this clarifies things.

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
Ahahaha, changing your credit card information is still "coming soon" the day before launch. That's loving hilarious. Terrifying, but hilarious. How was that not one of the first things they implemented?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Dex posted:

It must be cool living in a world where tax obligations are corners you can cut for the sake of having more time to nod enthusiastically at questions you don't understand. Can somebody link me to the OUYA page regarding taxes(since I know that poo poo didn't exist a month ago), because I've no idea if the marketplace is the seller and you're earning royalties, or you're the seller and paying commission or what the gently caress. I mean, I'm sure my local tax office is going to be totally fine if I cut a few corners since I have important things to do instead, so it's probably not a big deal.
Here's the marketplace agreement: https://devs.ouya.tv/marketplace_agreement.pdf

• Locked thread