Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
It's been a while since I played this; have they patched in the ability to redo arenas or is that something were hoping for in the upcoming playthrough 3?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Something I should have asked a while back, I think. Is there any content that can be permanently missed due to game progress?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

Something I should have asked a while back, I think. Is there any content that can be permanently missed due to game progress?

Nope. Any quests that show "blocked" will unblock due to plot shenanigans later on.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Ciaphas posted:

Nope. You can do every side quest after the main game.

Not_Log
Mar 24, 2004

Dear Aunt, lets set so double the killer delete select all.

Ciaphas posted:

There's a little you get locked out of for a short period but nothing you can be locked out of permanently.

e: haha welp

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Thanks, I think I passed that point you mentioned, probably. (CATCH A RIIIIIIIIDE :black101:)

I know I'm behind the curve here by a million years, but haha oh lord poor Claptrap and his party. I'd feel sorry for him if he weren't irritating as hell. And a robot.

oh god drowning in side quests please help

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Every time I go through that side quest, I wish I had a hug button. :(

Randomly Specific
Sep 23, 2012

My keys are somewhere in there.
I hated the Claptraps in the first game, but the last of the Claptraps has a particular charm.

I actually got my hopes up in the Big Game Hunt mission to find the other Claptrap.

I like to think that I hauled Jack's corpse out for him to teabag.

Then smiled at his angst over not having the appropriate genitalia.

Abandoned Toaster
Jun 4, 2008

AHungryRobot posted:

Can somebody give me a rundown of the Seraph gear that's actually worth using and not a waste of crystals?

Also, what Mechromancer class mod do you guys prefer? Gaige is the only character I'm having trouble deciding on.

Since I usually play with my friends I go with a Patient Sweetheart mod. Adding almost 7k to everyone's health is a little helpful but in TVHM it won't do much. Still, +6 to Cooking Up Trouble and an Infinity means it's hard for me to go down. Even Gee's corrosion couldn't outpace my healing. :unsmigghh:

As to Seraph gear, the Blood of the Seraphs is an okay relic if you can get a decent roll, otherwise stick with a good vitality relic. Breath of the Seraphs can be handy if you go down a lot but trying to not go down in the first place is key, I'd say. Might of the Seraph is really only for melee-focused characters like melee-tree Zero.

As to shields, Evolution and Big Boom Blaster are great. Evolution is a beefier Neogenator, and if you're an explosives-centric character or you have a friend who is, the Big Boom Blaster's boosters are loving great adding one grenade and one rocket on pick-up (as well as restoring part of your shield, which is handy against enemies like Pete or Gee), and have a decent booster chance too.

The Hawkeye is an excellent sniper rifle with its huge crit multiplier, and for a Jakobs it has a good fire rate and reload speed, but that's a matter of taste. My friend says the Interfacer is good but I haven't tried it. The Lead Storm is interesting, it's basically the Hail's big brother only without an elemental aspect, but I'd say that one's mediocre.

As to grenades, I haven't seen any that really interest me, though as stated, if you love the Bonus Package, the Meteor Shower is a slightly upgraded version.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Abandoned Toaster posted:

As to grenades, I haven't seen any that really interest me, though as stated, if you love the Bonus Package, the Meteor Shower is a slightly upgraded version.
The Meteor Shower has stupid rear end (read: awesome) physics, so I'd say that's quite a few steps above "slightly" :colbert:

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Does CE affect vending machines? I just got a legendary mechro mod out of one, and am unsure if I'm just stupidly lucky or if it's due to my cheating.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Kaethela posted:

Does CE affect vending machines? I just got a legendary mechro mod out of one, and am unsure if I'm just stupidly lucky or if it's due to my cheating.

Not that I've noticed. Even playing on pretty liberal settings the vendors are still basically worthless.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

There are other tables out there for vending and slot machines but the drop rates one is only for items found in the wild.

hope and vaseline
Feb 13, 2001

I've just discovered the joy of using an Unkempt Harold on my gunzerker. Holy poo poo. Alternating that with a Vladof sniper rifle for my main hand with a slag offhand pretty much covers the variety of mobs out there. Really excited for the level cap increase and new playthrough!

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.
I just discovered the awesomeness of absorption shields.

They get really powerful when you can combine them with an ability to constantly keep your shields up, like Grim. With Grim going off I always have the smallest sliver of shield in firefights and I always end up soaking up 1/4 of the damage. what's the highest absorption can go to?

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

Dukeofdummies posted:

I just discovered the awesomeness of absorption shields.

They get really powerful when you can combine them with an ability to constantly keep your shields up, like Grim. With Grim going off I always have the smallest sliver of shield in firefights and I always end up soaking up 1/4 of the damage. what's the highest absorption can go to?

The Sham caps out at 94% if you get a perfect roll on it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Kaethela posted:

In exchange it has a pretty low level of actual shield capacity, so it's bad against anything it doesn't just fully absorb.

AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
I was thinking about that, I was asking a while back about Mechro gear/builds for taking down raid bosses (Voracidious particularly), and someone metioned the Sham. But the Sham only absorbs bullets... so wouldn't it actually be really bad for raid bosses?

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!

AirRaid posted:

I was thinking about that, I was asking a while back about Mechro gear/builds for taking down raid bosses (Voracidious particularly), and someone metioned the Sham. But the Sham only absorbs bullets... so wouldn't it actually be really bad for raid bosses?

They might have been thinking about the Shamfleet combo where you use the Norfleet launcher and regenerate ammo for it with the Sham. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think you might also need Logan's Gun to regenerate the rockets by shooting at your feet with it while wearing the Sham?

Greenplastic fucked around with this message at 14:19 on Mar 29, 2013

weaaddar
Jul 17, 2004
HAY GUYS WHAT IS TEH INTERWEBNET, AND ISN'T A0L the SECKZ!? :LOL: 1337
PS I'M A FUCKING LOSER
The sham and the norfleet is brilliant in pete's bar. You can just keep firing and absorbing rocket ammo. You will always be full if you shoot at guys within a reasonable range to you (half the bars length)

isoprenaline
Jun 4, 2005

And there, till Christ call forth the dead,
In silence let him lie:
No need to waste the foolish tear,
Or heave the windy sigh:
The man had killed the thing he loved,
And so he had to die.

Greenplastic posted:

They might have been thinking about the Shamfleet combo where you use the Norfleet launcher and regenerate ammo for it with the Sham. I'm not sure if I remember correctly, but I think you might also need Logan's Gun to regenerate the rockets by shooting at your feet with it while wearing the Sham?

Any spiker will do. The lower the level the better so the odd shot that gets through doesn't harm you.

Greenplastic
Oct 24, 2005

Miao, miao!
http://forums.gearboxsoftware.com/showthread.php?t=262764

quote:

Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode Details

- Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode is unlocked for a character once they have completed the main story missions in True Vault Hunter Mode and reached level 50.
- Unlike other playthroughs, Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode can be replayed multiple times with players able to reset their overall mission progress at any time from the Main Menu.
- No more tutorial missions -- characters in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode begin in Southern Shelf with the "Cleaning Up the Berg" mission.
- While playing in Ultimate Vault Hunter Mode, enemies and bosses will scale according to the player's current level or, if playing with others, the highest-level player in that party.
- Gameplay changes in UVHM:
- Enemy health generally increased 4x.
- Enemies now have a moderate amount of health regeneration.
- Increased duration of slag damage multiplier effect.
- Upped the damage that slagged enemies take from 2x to 3x.
- Weapon swap speed increased to better facilitate slag use.
- Enemies now more likely to drop ammo.
- Loot Midgets are now "Legendary Loot Midgets" that can drop Legendary and other top-tier gear.

Bullet-sponge time!!!

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.
... So, multiplayer strat is that you want at least two people with slag plasma casters and/or slag grenades so that any damage can be done at all.

from that thread

quote:

quote:

Originally Posted by clappethtrap
@ChrisF! While you're here can you just please, quickly, address Doc Mercy etc. drop rates? They are bugged right, like these don't drop in pt 2.5 right? Can you please, just pretty please, confirm this once and for all, and maybe address if it's going to be changed at all??
We've been looking into that and found some ...odd stuff... that will likely be addressed in a future hot fix or update.

Hey, maybe they'll fix drop rates.

Ardeem fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 29, 2013

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Sooo..they really want you to use their cool slag gimmick, right?

The quest thingy is neat though. No more need for saving quests in TVHM.

Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer
Those changes all sound great.

Edit: Seriously, I'm looking forward to UVHM now.

Bumper Stickup fucked around with this message at 20:55 on Mar 29, 2013

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Oh wow, amazing. The enemies get even spongier, and i bet they'll be able to kill you in one shot instead of just two to three.

UnknownMercenary
Nov 1, 2011

I LIKE IT
WAY WAY TOO LOUD

Tin Tim posted:

Sooo..they really want you to use their cool slag gimmick, right?

The quest thingy is neat though. No more need for saving quests in TVHM.

I already feel like I'm too reliant on Slag in TVHM; this just sounds dumb.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
It's times like these I feel like my choice of Cataclysm Siren for solo play is vindicated.

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Dorroile posted:

Oh wow, amazing. The enemies get even spongier, and i bet they'll be able to kill you in one shot instead of just two to three.

Yeah, I think I'm going to pass on that. A pity, since I was kind of looking forward to it.

Relyssa
Jul 29, 2012

I'm really hoping they fix the damage/health scaling, otherwise UVHM will be practically impossible. Seriously, who decided exponential scaling was even close to a good idea?

Jabarto
Apr 7, 2007

I could do with your...assistance.

Kaethela posted:

I'm really hoping they fix the damage/health scaling, otherwise UVHM will be practically impossible. Seriously, who decided exponential scaling was even close to a good idea?

That's another thing, even at level 50, 4x health will make things crazy hard. Add another 10 levels and it will literally become unplayable unless something changes, so at least there's some hope that the scaling will be revisisted.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

I've been thinking of using bonus skill points to spec into that midtree Mechromancer skill where not shooting for a while builds slag stacks so this is gonna be great. Either great or awful depending on if you can still cold-oneshot dudes with fairly standard gear or not.

This gamemode won't be unplayable but if things don't die quickly the shift goes from close-range shotguns to a midgame of chip damage or headshots from cover which is generally good for when you're way underlevelled but I am interested in seeing how it plays out at the new cap.

Reiley fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Mar 29, 2013

Dukeofdummies
Feb 1, 2012

Go on good sir, you have my full attention.

Kaethela posted:

:eyepop:
are you serious? Who the hell drops it?

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

It's times like these I feel like my choice of Cataclysm Siren for solo play is vindicated.

Sup soloing Cat Siren sistah ;-*:hf:;-* I've been using this build and the only things that pose a threat are things that resist phaselocking (I'm looking at you, witch doctors :mad:)

Holy balls am I glad that I'll be starting UVHM with a slagging power.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

UnknownMercenary posted:

I already feel like I'm too reliant on Slag in TVHM; this just sounds dumb.
I'm literally at the end of my first TVHM run, and have never used a single slag weapon in combat. I'm pretty sure that's because I play Axton and drop my turret when things get hard though. I just had the impression that the new mode basically becomes hell without slag. But we'll see, I'm honestly excited to try it.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

isoprenaline posted:

Any spiker will do. The lower the level the better so the odd shot that gets through doesn't harm you.
Logan's Gun has the advantage of exploding immediately.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tin Tim posted:

I'm literally at the end of my first TVHM run, and have never used a single slag weapon in combat. I'm pretty sure that's because I play Axton and drop my turret when things get hard though. I just had the impression that the new mode basically becomes hell without slag. But we'll see, I'm honestly excited to try it.

One of Axton's skill tree leads to slag turret. Respek the respec! :v::respek::v:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I don't like the sound of this slag requirement at all, though the weapon swap speed increase applying to everyone will be very nice, since I like quick-switching in shooters a lot.

There are supposed to be balance changes, so they will hopefully keep UVHM from becoming terrible in the higher levels. I saw some graphs awhile ago that showed what would happen to health and damage numbers if levels went up to 70 or so, and they became absolutely stupid just a short distance past 50.

Dukeofdummies posted:

:eyepop:
are you serious? Who the hell drops it?

Bunker, although I think I've heard of people getting them from some raid boss too.

Father Wendigo
Sep 28, 2005
This is, sadly, more important to me than bettering myself.

Gestalt Intellect posted:

There are supposed to be balance changes,

I've got the sinking feeling that quadrupling and regenerating enemy health was what they were referring to when they said 'rebalancing.'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Father Wendigo posted:

I've got the sinking feeling that quadrupling and regenerating enemy health was what they were referring to when they said 'rebalancing.'

Valve did an experiment on the TF2 beta servers once where they doubled everyone's health and kept everything else the same. What ultimately happened was in an environment where health increased and damage output didn't increase accordingly classes that can do sustained DPS became the only viable damage-dealers while burst-damage classes with limited ammo and reload times fell sharply in effectiveness. If they aren't also boosting weapon damage then your high-capacity ARs and SMGs will be more effective than shotguns and snipers, which is sad because I like burstier gameplay better than click-and-hold rapid-fire weapons.

• Locked thread