Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

So I made a funny gun:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wtRFiieJ3Z4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

I love how often you zoom in just to get a face-full of wall textures.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Light is the power of Dance

What's depressing about this is that even with that gun you still preform better then I do.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
What's opinions on the APC Ranger helmet? Why do people prefer the Fox+Cat over it?

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

The Fox+cat has 5 more hp and better armor. I personally use the APC Ranger for my lighter build because it looks cool.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

"The warmth of life has entered my tomb!"
Screenshots of the hard fought battles versus the amazing duo of babyshaker69 and PoopMasterWang!

plehsistential
Jan 29, 2012

death to all avatar havers
It feels like over the course of a day, the crashing problem has gotten worse. Nonstop crashing and memory errors.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

So I'm just logging into a random server to test out some builds for the M4X, when my plans were derailed by this work of art:

:psyduck:

Friend request sent, I hope he accepts :3:

Azzanadra fucked around with this message at 07:25 on Apr 1, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

plehsistential posted:

It feels like over the course of a day, the crashing problem has gotten worse. Nonstop crashing and memory errors.

I had the same problem for a while until I changed my settings around. Don't set any of your textures above high and disable DirectX11. That should clean up a good bit of the crashing issues.

Azzanadra posted:

So I'm just logging into a random server to test out some builds for the M4X, when my plans were derailed by this work of art:

That is a thing of beauty! :smug:

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
This game has a memory leak, right? Because there's no way it should be taking up 3GB of my RAM.

e: Make that 5GB. :psyduck:

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Apr 1, 2013

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Yeah there has been a persistent video memory leak from day 1. The only common thread for me when it happened was with HRV. Until it started happening at random in Onslaught. Almost every game of OS I play has at least one random person leaving, probably due to this bug. I have no idea how Zombie hasn't fixed it yet.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Alright, I figured as much. Good to know it's not just on my end I guess.

How do you get voice packs, by the way? The onslaught gold pack did not include any, unfortunately.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

Dezztroy posted:

Alright, I figured as much. Good to know it's not just on my end I guess.

How do you get voice packs, by the way? The onslaught gold pack did not include any, unfortunately.
There used to be another by some ~youtube personality~ that was available for free via an unlimited code, but it suddenly stopped being available in 2013 so the few tradable copies left are moderately valuable. You're not missing much, though, it got annoying pretty fast and it announces all your grenades much louder than the default voice, so personally I ended up switching back to the default.

According to the devs there are 7 others voice packs already recorded, but they said that months ago and God knows what's stopping them from being released.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Azzanadra posted:

I'm hoping that he did really bad and you did better than him.

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012

NihilCredo posted:

There used to be another by some ~youtube personality~ that was available for free via an unlimited code, but it suddenly stopped being available in 2013 so the few tradable copies left are moderately valuable. You're not missing much, though, it got annoying pretty fast and it announces all your grenades much louder than the default voice, so personally I ended up switching back to the default.

According to the devs there are 7 others voice packs already recorded, but they said that months ago and God knows what's stopping them from being released.

Yeah, that was all that showed up in my thorough investigation with Google. So there are no other voices yet? That's a shame.

I think the BPFA is my new favorite gun. 50+ damage with under 3 recoil is great. Looks and sounds nice as well.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I feel like this is a dumb question but you never know...Do the female models actually have smaller hitboxes?

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!

Xenaero posted:

I feel like this is a dumb question but you never know...Do the female models actually have smaller hitboxes?

No.

Baron Fuzzlewhack
Sep 22, 2010

ALIVE ENOUGH TO DIE

Xenaero posted:

Technically, no, but since they appear visually slimmer they may as well have different hitboxes.

The effect of overcompensation is stronger than I think Zombie gives credit.

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Dezztroy posted:

I think the BPFA is my new favorite gun. 50+ damage with under 3 recoil is great. Looks and sounds nice as well.

The BPFA is a bit of a trap at the moment. It's very controllable, but it only out-dpses the light pistol and tsmg. You'll get much more milage out of most other guns once you've picked up how to handle their recoil.

It really needs the damagerange of the BFR/AK.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Lima posted:

The BPFA is a bit of a trap at the moment. It's very controllable, but it only out-dpses the light pistol and tsmg. You'll get much more milage out of most other guns once you've picked up how to handle their recoil.

It really needs the damagerange of the BFR/AK.

I think you are putting too much weight on the raw stats. By the numbers alone in the hands of equally skilled players the TSMG should never win against the SMG head to head and yet I always do better with the TSMG. There are just too many "others" to think of things in terms of "highest DPS".

Dezztroy, I would still encourage experimentation but if you like the BPFA and it does right by you I say keep using it.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 16:17 on Apr 2, 2013

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
Yeah, I'm still in the phase of just trying any combination of parts I can come up with. Building guns is too fun.

Currently using a BPFA and a CR with 90 damage as my primaries. Shotgun as my only secondary because shotguns are awesome. Been working out great so far. I wish I had more than just 2 loadout slots, I haven't gotten lucky with those mission chance packs yet.

Also decided to try out the LMG and LMG-R. Am I just not using them right, or are they both terrible?

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

The LMG-R isn't horrible but if you can tap/burst-fire smartly the HAR will be a lot better, and tap/burst-firing is a critical skill in this game so :v:

The LMG on the other side kicks rear end if you use it right, as it's a very particular style. Make a 73-damage build, equip heavy armour, and don't try fancy moves or anything: always aim, always stand your ground (preferably crouching or behind partial cover), start firing early and hold left-click until everybody is dead. You'll pretty much always win a face-to-face damage race, what you need to do is to make sure you don't get flanked or flushed.

Xenaero
Sep 26, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I almost regret getting the Gold Pack after playing with just default gear and weapons and putting up good scores. But all the options are still delicious.

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
I hear a lot of people talking about "trades," are they just making an agreement to send something to someone in exchange for them sending something back? e: Like, through the in-game mail? Seems like it could be shady. Any goons want to trade things? I have a BFSMG and HRV Cloak I got in chance packs that I don't really want.

Geschwafel fucked around with this message at 21:18 on Apr 2, 2013

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Geschwafel posted:

I hear a lot of people talking about "trades," are they just making an agreement to send something to someone in exchange for them sending something back? e: Like, through the in-game mail? Seems like it could be shady. Any goons want to trade things? I have a BFSMG and HRV Cloak I got in chance packs that I don't really want.

I would like to get my hands on a BFSMG. What are you looking for?

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Uhh I have no idea what's fair, so I guess I'll just list some stuff and you can decide?

Arcom Chestguard (Can't buy this with GP yet cause I'm only 32, but can I use it if someone sends it to me?)
Firewall breach (Same deal)
Redsand S14 stock (Out of my parts rental, this is the most expensive)

Or I guess you could just send me a bunch of GP, but again I have no idea what's fair. The BFSMG is permanent, but I just realized the HRV cloak is only 7-day.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Geschwafel posted:

Uhh I have no idea what's fair, so I guess I'll just list some stuff and you can decide?

Arcom Chestguard (Can't buy this with GP yet cause I'm only 32, but can I use it if someone sends it to me?)
Firewall breach (Same deal)
Redsand S14 stock (Out of my parts rental, this is the most expensive)

Or I guess you could just send me a bunch of GP, but again I have no idea what's fair. The BFSMG is permanent, but I just realized the HRV cloak is only 7-day.

Which of those three do you want the most or would help you the most?

E: poo poo, I might only be able to get you items I don't already own which would mean the stock. I'll check when I get home.

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 23:43 on Apr 2, 2013

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
Messing around with the loadout stuff, I think if you hover over something a "Purchase" box above it will pop up, and you should be able to send it as a gift. The stock would be great anyway, though, cause then I can stop renting gunparts and save up for bodyparts. Also it's less expensive and I don't want to rip you off.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
You can either buy and "send as gift", or you can select "activate later" (or something like that) before you buy the part. You can only "Trade" (as in, attach to a message) things that are Inactive.

Mr.Citrus
Jul 27, 2005

I have two perm tsmgs that represent my inability to get orange hardsuit camo. These tsmg receivers are a constant reminder that my in game character is not bright orange and have to go. If you want one just message me in game or post here.

I think I've dropped at least 10k gp on those stupid 200gp packs and have 3 perm tsmgs to show for it.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Geschwafel posted:

Messing around with the loadout stuff, I think if you hover over something a "Purchase" box above it will pop up, and you should be able to send it as a gift. The stock would be great anyway, though, cause then I can stop renting gunparts and save up for bodyparts. Also it's less expensive and I don't want to rip you off.

I'll get you the chest piece since you are under leveled. Need to save up a bit first. You can hold onto that BFSMG. ;)

SwitchbladeKult fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Apr 3, 2013

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Mr.Citrus posted:

I have two perm tsmgs that represent my inability to get orange hardsuit camo. These tsmg receivers are a constant reminder that my in game character is not bright orange and have to go. If you want one just message me in game or post here.

I think I've dropped at least 10k gp on those stupid 200gp packs and have 3 perm tsmgs to show for it.

On my EU character:

There's two more under those.

I just want to fly or take pictures :saddowns:

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
Although from what Switchbladekult was doing today, the biffy is actually pretty decent, and almost seems better than the tactismeg.

SwitchbladeKult
Apr 4, 2012

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Although from what Switchbladekult was doing today, the biffy is actually pretty decent, and almost seems better than the tactismeg.

I was doing really bad today. Even doing as poorly as I was it was really nice to have a bunch of GOON raiding servers.

GOON SUPREMACY!

Geschwafel
May 10, 2006

Frank sent me.
When my hardsuit got blown up, I was ejected into a . . . compromising position.

Miss-Bomarc
Aug 1, 2009
Yay, I got in some screenshots!

I don't whether it's sad or funny to see someone who's level 27 and is still running around with the level 1 gear. Like, you haven't even perma'ed anything with *GP*?

Unless these are throwaway hacker accounts, and in some cases I could believe it, like the guy who's level 8 with all the level 1 gear and somehow he's 27-3. Sure, he *might* be that good.

miscellaneous14
Mar 27, 2010

neat

Miss-Bomarc posted:

I don't whether it's sad or funny to see someone who's level 27 and is still running around with the level 1 gear. Like, you haven't even perma'ed anything with *GP*?

Unless these are throwaway hacker accounts, and in some cases I could believe it, like the guy who's level 8 with all the level 1 gear and somehow he's 27-3. Sure, he *might* be that good.

In some rare cases, they might be import pros from similar games trying this one for the first time.

For some reason I couldn't figure out how to permanently unlock anything until recently (the interface is pretty overwhelming for new players), so now that I actually have something to work towards, I'm really enjoying this game. I always hated how other quick-kill shooters devolved into bullet hide and seek, and the HRV is the perfect solution to that.

Azzanadra
Jun 18, 2008

Miss-Bomarc posted:

The BFSMG definitely needs some room to breathe, you simply cannot compete in close quarters with somebody laying down the trigger with any sort of automatic weapon. It's too bad you cannot perm the magnum magazines on anything, because at 50 damage you can "oneshot" snipe injured folks from a surprising distance.

Azzanadra fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Apr 3, 2013

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Miss-Bomarc posted:

Skill still wins out. There's a few goons who have been accused of paying-to-win and reverted to all default gear to prove they weren't.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Miss-Bomarc posted:

I'm lvl 21 and besides the free helmet and heavy pistol you get from raptr, I run entirely lvl 1 stuff.

• Locked thread