Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deathsuxdontdie
Apr 12, 2004

Excellent Patient Care
You need to keep that up randomly for a few weeks, and if anyone questions your devotion to Easter, throw Jesus in their face.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Aww that's cool. Too bad Phyllis White can't even accept someone being nice without being being paranoid and tossing out a few backhanded insults. We're actually very nice people, Phyllis... it's simply that most of us have enough life experience to realize that hateful bigots trying to drag our country backwards (like tea partiers) are deserving of mockery, especially when it comes from such an easy target that's clearly a moneymaking scam.

Love how Cheri comes so close to mentioning that one of the reasons for the high standard of living in Hawaii is because they have socialized health care.

TVarmy
Sep 11, 2011

like food and water, my posting has no intrinsic value

I thought Phyllis was our friend with the vaginal probe avatar who disappeared? Or is that another tpcer?

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES
I deleted the account, no trolling with it. I have enough deep covers to do that whenever I want. I personally couldn't bring myself to be mean with the Easter Bunny.

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

If only they had more life experience they'd be as racist, homophobic and bigoted as us :smug:

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
That's adorable. I hope y'all have some surprises in store for April the first. Gloves come off yo

dirtycajun posted:

I deleted the account, no trolling with it. I have enough deep covers to do that whenever I want. I personally couldn't bring myself to be mean with the Easter Bunny.

How did you not pick Easter Island for location? :negative:

dirtycajun
Aug 27, 2004

SUCKING DICKS AND SQUEEZING TITTIES

Alan Smithee posted:

How did you not pick Easter Island for location? :negative:

gently caress.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Hazo posted:

Aww that's cool. Too bad Phyllis White can't even accept someone being nice without being being paranoid and tossing out a few backhanded insults. We're actually very nice people, Phyllis... it's simply that most of us have enough life experience to realize that hateful bigots trying to drag our country backwards (like tea partiers) are deserving of mockery, especially when it comes from such an easy target that's clearly a moneymaking scam.

Love how Cheri comes so close to mentioning that one of the reasons for the high standard of living in Hawaii is because they have socialized health care.

Not to mention that we offered to stop trolling the site if you promised to stop banning people who disagree with you (and who are often more polite that you guys are). Your users voted to ban us. Admit it: you aren't actually interested in civil discussion, you're only interested in only speaking to people who agree with you.

Want my opinion? It's because you guys, as a whole, have terrible self-esteem. Being proven wrong damages your self-image (righteous Christian American doing the righteous American Christian thing) because you've never learned that admitting a mistake or changing your opinion does not in any way diminish you, and because you've never learned to deal appropriately with mental duress, you act as a child would: you angrily lash out, then run away from or ignore the source of your angst (we'll make our own Facebook so we don't have to face reality!). It isn't that we're rude, it's that you have very thin skin.

My offer is still open, by the way: if a single TPC member comes here and makes a structured, logical argument for any non-religious tea party stance based in empirical evidence from credible news sources (anything short of a blog, youtube video, or Drudge) or expert (non-talking head/blogger/reporter) opinions, and I cannot prove that your information or conclusions are incorrect, I will stop trolling your site AND change my avatar to "A TEA PARTIER OUT-DEBATED ME" for at least 6 months :toxx:.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Apr 1, 2013

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

fool_of_sound posted:

Not to mention that we offered to stop trolling the site if you promised to stop banning people who disagree with you (and who are often more polite that you guys are). Your users voted to ban us. Admit it: you aren't actually interested in civil discussion, you're only interested in only speaking to people who agree with you.

Want my opinion? It's because you guys, as a whole, have terrible self-esteem. Being proven wrong damages your self-image (righteous Christian American doing the righteous American Christian thing) because you've never learned that admitting a mistake or changing your opinion does not in any way diminish you, and because you've never learned to deal appropriately with mental duress, you act as a child would: you angrily lash out, then run away from or ignore the source of your angst (we'll make our own Facebook so we don't have to face reality!). It isn't that we're rude, it's that you have very thin skin.

My offer is still open, by the way: if a single TPC member comes here and makes a structured, logical argument for any non-religious tea party stance based in empirical evidence from credible news sources (anything short of a blog, youtube video, or Drudge) or expert (non-talking head/blogger/reporter) opinions, and I cannot prove that your information or conclusions are incorrect, I will stop trolling your site AND change my avatar to "A TEA PARTIER OUT-DEBATED ME" for at least 6 months :toxx:.

Oh c'mon that is the easiest :toxx: ever.

McCloud24
May 23, 2008

You call yourself a knight; what is that?

dirtycajun posted:

That entire thing was kind of :smith:, since you can tell that a lot of them are basically nice, good people who hold some unbelievably abhorrent views about the world. It just makes you wonder how they got that way.

Schizotek
Nov 8, 2011

I say, hey, listen to me!
Stay sane inside insanity!!!

McCloud24 posted:

That entire thing was kind of :smith:, since you can tell that a lot of them are basically nice, good people who hold some unbelievably abhorrent views about the world. It just makes you wonder how they got that way.

I'm pretty sure Joe got that way by being an abhorrent person.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

TVarmy posted:

I thought Phyllis was our friend with the vaginal probe avatar who disappeared? Or is that another tpcer?

She is.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Another pattern at least looking from rabid TP people on Facebook is how along with the standard image macros, they really like posting snake oil cures
for things such a cancer or obesity.

Doctors lie, try this magic herb to cure cancer without side effects.

etalian fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Apr 1, 2013

Luckyellow
Sep 25, 2007

Pillbug
Does anyone still have that picture of reagan with that christian faith quote by hitler?

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

etalian posted:

Doctors lie, try this magic herb to cure cancer without side effects.

But pot is the devil's weed! :ohdear:

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet
Because flags are people too. Troubled people.

romeo x-ray fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 28, 2013

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.
I just can't do it lately. Trolling these people is like having Thanksgiving with the family members I don't talk to unless it's Thanksgiving.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Man they banned my anger management account so fast. All I did was say that some people on the site seem to have anger management issues and posted helpful tips on how to control it. I was just trying to help :(

Petr
Oct 3, 2000

McCloud24 posted:

Yeah. I forget the exact verse, I think it's in Revelations, that says if you take out or add anything to the bible you're in big trouble. I mean, it's already been translated into every language you can imagine, so how much MORE trouble could we be in, really?

It is in Revelations, but it was only meant to apply to Revelations, and it was pretty much the ancient-world equivalent of a copyright notice. Scribes were notoriously unreliable at the time, so there are many examples of ancient documents that exhort the scribe to be meticulous and not make any additions or subtractions. This example made it into the Bible, so it gets made to mean a lot more than was originally intended.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CommieGIR posted:

Oh c'mon that is the easiest :toxx: ever.

Not as easy as my Obama Toxx was
:smug:

Racetam
Sep 23, 2012
I'm sure it has been said a dozen times, but it is so humorous how obsessed these idiots are with 'Murica and freedom!!!!

Someone should post the Tribute video from 9-11.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

romeo x-ray posted:

Because flags are people too. Troubled people.

The best part of these images is I bet whoever made them doesn't even know it's Johnny Cash covering a NIN song. The "crown of thorns" line makes it obvious which version they were using since the original is "crown of poo poo".

Von Bek
May 4, 2006

I Fought The Mom posted:

What is the deal with tea partiers and thinking up convoluted fictional realities where there is a myriad of queers ready to sue Jack's Welding Company when they aren't hired after only having experience with floral design on their resume?

Well, the sentiment expressed here isn't a million miles away:

Georgia GOP chair: if same-sex marriage becomes legal, straight people will enter into fake gay marriages in order to fraudulently receive benefits :haw:

"There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”

"Lord, I’m going to get in trouble over this, but it is not natural for two women or two men to be married,” she also said. “If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship.”

:ughh:

Von Bek fucked around with this message at 19:23 on Apr 1, 2013

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MonkeyBot posted:

The best part of these images is I bet whoever made them doesn't even know it's Johnny Cash covering a NIN song. The "crown of thorns" line makes it obvious which version they were using since the original is "crown of poo poo".

The best part is the idea that this country is so down that the flag is addicted to heroin.

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax

Von Bek posted:

Georgia GOP chair: if same-sex marriage becomes legal, straight people will enter into fake gay marriages in order to fraudulently receive benefits :haw:

"There is no way that this is about equality. To me, it’s all about a free ride.”

"Lord, I’m going to get in trouble over this, but it is not natural for two women or two men to be married,” she also said. “If it was natural, they would have the equipment to have a sexual relationship.”

Man, my state is full of dumb people. Does she not see that her first argument has a hole in it I could drive a truck through? Namely, that straight people can already do that with people of the opposite sex?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Von Bek posted:

It's impossible for gay people to have a sexual relationship? Wow, sorry, gays, that must be pretty rough :(

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

I feel bad for anyone who is so limited in their view of sex that "penis + vagina" is the only conceivable way that two people can indulge themselves in.

Nostalgia4ColdWar
May 7, 2007

Good people deserve good things.

Till someone lets the winter in and the dying begins, because Old Dark Places attract Old Dark Things.

JossiRossi posted:

I feel bad for anyone who is so limited in their view of sex that "penis + vagina" is the only conceivable way that two people can indulge themselves in.

I know someone who seriously believes that anything other than missionary position is a sin, and "will never indulge in such sinful activities."

It probably comes as no surprise that his wife enjoys the company and pleasures of men other than him.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

50 Foot Ant posted:

I know someone who seriously believes that anything other than missionary position is a sin, and "will never indulge in such sinful activities."

It probably comes as no surprise that his wife enjoys the company and pleasures of men other than him.

Some people are wierd.

I know guys who swear they hate blowjobs, which absolutely blows my mind.

looking.glass.eyes
May 21, 2007

“The eye sees a thing more clearly in dreams than the imagination awake.” -Leonardo da Vinci

Quick quiz: Did the rest of TPC...
A. Condemn this image for its blatant racism?
B. Defend it as being completely acceptable, because LIEberals made fun of Laura Bush and this is TOTALLY THE EXACT SAME THING :hurr:

ReidRansom
Oct 25, 2004

Here's something fun for someone with a believable cover.

Conservatives Not Happy With Sarah Palin’s PAC’s Financials posted:

In the new ad for her ‘SARAH PAC,’ Palin rails against consultants, with a clip from her 2013 CPAC speech where she exclaims: “Don’t let the big consultants, the big money men, and the big bad media scare you off! … Now is the time to furlough the consultants…”

But, as it turns out, Sarah Palin is quite a fan of consultants, if her PAC’s spending is any indication.

As The Daily Beast‘s Jon Avlon reported, having combed through the PAC’s financials, out of the $5.1 million the PAC spent in the last election cycle, only $298,500 was spent on candidates.

She's either a rube being fleeced by crooks or very probably one herself. Also still a rube.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ReidRansom posted:

She's either a rube being fleeced by crooks or very probably one herself. Also still a rube.

It's a similar concept to the more inefficient charities, it's basically a handy way to enrich close friends and family members by making the consulting payouts really high, while spending minimal field money.

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet

MonkeyBot posted:

I think the best part is that the effort I made to get that natural macro look was worth it! That's an account that looks like this - https://www.facebook.com/TheTeaParty.net - posting exactly the same stuff, and 'Join us on facebook', just to point out that the TPC is a scam pretender. Got bored, got emo-macro-happy. Thought I'd get banned before I got through the lyrics. Nope.

MonkeyBot
Mar 11, 2005

OMG ITZ MONKEYBOT

romeo x-ray posted:

I think the best part is that the effort I made to get that natural macro look was worth it! That's an account that looks like this - https://www.facebook.com/TheTeaParty.net - posting exactly the same stuff, and 'Join us on facebook', just to point out that the TPC is a scam pretender. Got bored, got emo-macro-happy. Thought I'd get banned before I got through the lyrics. Nope.

Dammit I was 50/50 on this and lost. It's still a nice troll considering you got some likes on it.

romeo x-ray
Jan 16, 2013

by angerbeet

romeo x-ray fucked around with this message at 00:08 on May 28, 2013

TacticalUrbanHomo
Aug 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Being an MP is a good reason.

Stoic Madman
Dec 4, 2004
This title space left unintentionally blank

thehumandignity posted:

Man, my state is full of dumb people. Does she not see that her first argument has a hole in it I could drive a truck through? Namely, that straight people can already do that with people of the opposite sex?

Remember, GOP types think gays get special benefits that the straights don't.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

ReidRansom posted:

You have to understand the genius of her book. Not the actual content of the book, just its mere existence and the purpose it serves.

Sarah Palin writes Going Rogue. Her PAC buys a zillion copies of it, propelling it onto the best-seller list and putting thousands of dollars directly into her pocket (on top of what the publisher paid her to write it). The book is then offered as a premium to people who donate $50/$100/whatever to her PAC, which then pays that money back out to her advisers/family/inner circle. I almost admire the sheer transparency and audacity of the scam.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

skaboomizzy posted:

You have to understand the genius of her book. Not the actual content of the book, just its mere existence and the purpose it serves.

Sarah Palin writes Going Rogue. Her PAC buys a zillion copies of it, propelling it onto the best-seller list and putting thousands of dollars directly into her pocket (on top of what the publisher paid her to write it). The book is then offered as a premium to people who donate $50/$100/whatever to her PAC, which then pays that money back out to her advisers/family/inner circle. I almost admire the sheer transparency and audacity of the scam.

It's basically a way to print money assuming you can find the right gullible fanbase, I fanbase which has no interest in facts or reality so they can overlook being robbed blind by someone who profits greatly off their hatred of Obama.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I am reminded of articles I read about lottery winners who go broke despite the amount of millions they make. I am all for Sarah Palin fleecing people in a massive pyramid scheme in which only she and her cronies will ever see any money, because much like a real pyramid, she will never ascend anywhere and thus the money can do no more harm.

• Locked thread