Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hbomberguy
Jul 4, 2009

[culla=big red]TufFEE did nO THINg W̡RA̸NG[/read]

Lizard Combatant posted:

Because it's awesome. I've never seen the film but that image is instantly recognisable.

The poster is a great representation of the movie. The transformation sequence is both the most memorable part of the film and completely terrifying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renoistic
Jul 27, 2007

Everyone has a
guardian angel.

GonSmithe posted:

You pay less than $50 for rent? drat dude, where are you living?

In all seriousness though the black-and-white one is going on sale for $50 tomorrow.

Thanks! I started with checking Ebay where some of them costs +400 bucks. The cheapest I found was $100 but with ridiculously high shipping costs.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Renoistic posted:

Thanks! I started with checking Ebay where some of them costs +400 bucks. The cheapest I found was $100 but with ridiculously high shipping costs.

People will try to buy them out during the sales so they can flip them on ebay for a markup when there are no more.

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

Man, I was with it right up until that Platinum Dunes logo :(

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

CaptainHollywood posted:

Had to look up the trailer after staring at that poster.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eFmi1E3s3w

I think this looks amazing. It looks Stephen King-esque in the best possible way.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

People need to stop quoting that trailer because that image is loving terrifying

Geekboy
Aug 21, 2005

Now that's what I call a geekMAN!

Mister Chief posted:

Why don't you post what you did?

I did in the General Chat thread. I don't really want to put it out there because it wasn't that great or anything. I have no false impressions about how good I am.

I just hate the Mondo posters so much they've put me off of accidentally making something similar.

DarkSol
May 18, 2006

Gee, I wish we had one of them doomsday machines.

Lance Streetman posted:

Anyways, here's an actually good Akira fan poster:

I hate to say it, but that poster is not that good at all.

While it does invoke the scene right before Tetsuo wrecks right before #26, it really doesn't capture Otomo's art style and Kaneda's bike looks rigid and like it was just placed right before the flames.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Terminal Entropy posted:

People will try to buy them out during the sales so they can flip them on ebay for a markup when there are no more.

And this is why the mondo artificial printing limit pisses me off and makes me boycott them.

CPL593H
Oct 28, 2009

I know what you did last summer, and frankly I am displeased.

Terminal Entropy posted:

I'm pretty sure that these are the only people who actually buy them when they go on sale. I really hate the idea of instant collectables. What's funny to me is that these things will probably be worthless in a few years when this fad dies down and no one cares anymore.

The Time Dissolver
Nov 7, 2012

Are you a good person?

Tewratomeh posted:

I love how they've stripped the tagline to simply read "E.X.P.L.O.D.E." What would that even stand for?

Every. Xylophone. Player. Loves. Orthodontic. Dental. Exams.

Every X-ray Picture Leaves Out Dermal Elements

Elderly Xenophobes Play Leapfrog Over Danny Elfman

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Entombed Xerox Printers Leave Odor Deposits Everytime

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

DarkSol posted:

I hate to say it, but that poster is not that good at all.

While it does invoke the scene right before Tetsuo wrecks right before #26, it really doesn't capture Otomo's art style and Kaneda's bike looks rigid and like it was just placed right before the flames.

Perhaps I should rephrase. After seeing about a half-million variants of this:

It's a pretty good poster. It alludes to a scene in the film and hints at the sinister nature of the film's climax (Tetsuo's exhaust trail turning into his mutated self. It sure as hell beats the minimalist posters.

I do agree with your complains, though.

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007
It's also beautifully drawn and laid out and has wonderful color.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

effectual posted:

And this is why the mondo artificial printing limit pisses me off and makes me boycott them.

There aren't any limits from rights holders about how much they can run or for how long?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

DKWildz posted:

Ken Taylor via Mondo:
American Werewolf in London

Aw, at first glance I thought this was a poster for Raw Meat :(

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

axleblaze posted:

I think this looks amazing. It looks Stephen King-esque in the best possible way.

It actually looks pretty good, but the more I think about it the more the plot feels like a full-length version of the finale of Straw Dogs (replace angry townspeople with white, upper-class psychopaths), but built around a semi-clever premise. I don't know if the whole movie could deliver on the trailer.

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
When I watched the trailer, I was hoping that it would be an anthology movie based on that premise. I don't think I'm that into seeing another home invasion movie.

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

Canned Panda posted:

One night a year, all crime is legal

So Aphex Twin is acting these days?

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Never not gotten a Mondo poster I wanted, but I just whiffed on Metropolis.

I went to check out maybe 45 seconds after the tweet came, but it was still too slow :(

ValleyOfWalls
Sep 26, 2005

Arkane posted:

I went to check out maybe 45 seconds after the tweet came, but it was still too slow :(

I'd honestly advise avoiding the silver and just waiting for a good price on the gold. Saw both at the gallery and the gold made me track down the movie immediately; The silver just bored me.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Arkane posted:

Best thing to do if you really want a poster is install a site refresher addon in Chrome and just have that thing going off every 10 seconds. They put the stuff up mere moments before the tweet or FB message. I had a chance for any of them today but I bought the 2 Game of Thrones ones last week.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
Came across this collection on imgur. Most of them are just redone movie stills, but I think the style is gorgeous enough to warrant posting here.

Rick Sanchez
Sep 22, 2004

AIDS!
And yet I can't find a place anywhere to buy this stuff!

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!
I felt the exact same way

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
Just contact the artist and ask for a print or make some sort of arrangement to have it printed. That always works for me.

not trolled not crying
Jan 29, 2007

21st Century Awezome Man
Originality at play!

Barometer
Sep 23, 2007

You travelled a long way for
"I don't know", sonny.
:whip: :cthulhu: :shivdurf:

The Purge looks like something that would work as a half hour Twilight Zone episode but I can't see it carrying an entire movie. Oh, I'm sure the twist will be shocking though! :rolleyes: I think the basic idea is really dumb, though. It reminds me of that Star Trek (TOS) episode about "landru" and the hour of insanity a day.

So much better than the American one I remember;

Gringo Heisenberg
May 30, 2009

:dukedog:

Renoistic posted:

Try pm'ing people on this site, tons of em for sale:
http://expressobeans.com/members/detail.php/167880/trades

Humboldt Squid
Jan 21, 2006

Kush posted:

Originality at play!

I'm not sure why every poster designer decided now was the time to pay homage to Wanderer above the sea of fog all the sudden. Maybe they all took art history 101 at the same time.

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Barometer posted:

So much better than the American one I remember;

I kind of like that one, because I can hear Rod Sterling's voice in my head when I read it, immediately followed by the theme song.

Robert Denby
Sep 9, 2007
Denial isn't just a river in Egypt, huh? Nah, get fucked mate.

Vagabundo posted:

I kind of like that one, because I can hear Rod Sterling's voice in my head when I read it, immediately followed by the theme song.
Probably because of the trailer, which does exactly that.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Why is that text a quote attributed to Rod Sterling and not just a tagline?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

boom boom boom fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Oct 6, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

That exclamation mark on the end really messes up the way it sounds in my head.

Come And See
Sep 15, 2008

We're all awash in a sea of blood, and the least we can do is wave to each other.

MikeJF posted:

That exclamation mark on the end really messes up the way it sounds in my head.

Highwaaay tooo the Twilight Zone!

Take you right intooo the Twilight Zooone!

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010

Mister Chief posted:

Why is that text a quote attributed to Rod Sterling and not just a tagline?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nEBN30I5Voc

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No poo poo. Doesn't at all answer my question though since anyone who knows who Rod Sterling is knows that quote and that it's from the Twilight Zone defeating the entire purpose of attributing it to him and bring us to my original question.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Are you my dad? I've never seen anyone else call him Rod Sterling.

Also, I've never seen the Twilight Zone movie. Is it worth a watch, or will I just be upset that it's a pale imitation to the original episodes, and that a couple kids died in a segment that's not even based off of an old story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lizard Combatant
Sep 29, 2010

I have some notes.

Die Laughing posted:

Are you my dad? I've never seen anyone else call him Rod Sterling.

Also, I've never seen the Twilight Zone movie. Is it worth a watch, or will I just be upset that it's a pale imitation to the original episodes, and that a couple kids died in a segment that's not even based off of an old story?

It's been many years, but I remember it being pretty awful. The opening sequence with Dan Akroyd is OK, and the last segment with John Lithgow (the monster on the wing) is good. But the rest is a write off, especially Steven Spielberg's segment - total snoozefest.

It's a shame, I love the anthology format. I wish they'd make a better one.

Slice of life: Some kids once stole a parcel from my friend's mail box, the joke was on them - it was The Twilight Zone Movie DVD.