Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

It's a beautiful costume, but I think that might be the single most uncomfortable one she wears.

Her whole album of work looks great. You just have to block the comment sections. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SheepNameKiller
Jun 19, 2004

The enforcement of indecency laws varies from area to area, if you think that's bad I suggest you look up Bay Breakers or the nude bike ride that happens every year in San Francisco.

Maxwells Demon
Jan 15, 2007

Since conventions are private events that cost money to enter they probably can argue that they're not out in public as long as they're in the buildings. But in reality, most of these girls are baring as much or less as people at the beach or at the pool.

jpmeyer
Jan 17, 2012

parody image of che

Thunderfinger posted:

I agree with you, but I kinda wanted to share something here for a moment.

Many of these costumes I see in this thread and the last one get pretty revealing, or at least skintight enough to leave nothing to the imagination. Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining about that. If these women can wear something like in that above picture and not bat and eyelash, then more power to them. What I'm saying is how do most of these people get away wearing them and not get hit up with public indecency charges? I wouldn't want them to get in trouble because of this is all I'm saying.

I guess they would have to wear a big coat or a big robe or just change in a bathroom?

Man-Faye has gotten kicked out of a few cons for that reason.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

jpmeyer posted:

Goddamn double standards :doom:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I believe at a Pax they asked Jessica Nigri to change her costume because they thought it was too revealing.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

jpmeyer posted:

A shame too, he plays Battletech and I would love to see his opponents faces whenever he moves a mech. Plus I would totally use him for nose art on a dropship. Overlord Class, of course.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

muscles like this? posted:

I believe at a Pax they asked Jessica Nigri to change her costume because they thought it was too revealing.

Yes, but A) PAX tries to brand itself as a "family" convention and is probably the most restrictive WRT costumes & booth workers & B) Her costume was a bit... yeah:

The one on the right was the one that got her ejected.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Pax also has a lot of rules regarding booths hiring sexy ladies to try and reduce the amount of ambient sexism of the con. She was working for a booth while cosplaying--I think she probably would have been fine if she'd just been an attendee.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Wasn't she dressed up as that cheerleader chainsaw character when that happen?

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

She was asked for both of those costumes.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Here's something awesome that's making the rounds on Facebook that I'm extra into as we get started making our space marine armor:

Korean cosplayer named Tasha. I super want to know how much of that effect is Photoshop and how much is utterly ridiculous latex and makeup.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

McPantserton posted:

Pax also has a lot of rules regarding booths hiring sexy ladies to try and reduce the amount of ambient sexism of the con. She was working for a booth while cosplaying--I think she probably would have been fine if she'd just been an attendee.

They released an official statement about the Nigri thing pretty much saying "Last year people bitched that we let people walk around in skimpy costumes and called us sexists. This year people bitched that we tried to do away with the skimpy costumes and called us sexist."

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Inspector_71 posted:

They released an official statement about the Nigri thing pretty much saying "Last year people bitched that we let people walk around in skimpy costumes and called us sexists. This year people bitched that we tried to do away with the skimpy costumes and called us sexist."

From the classy guys making jokes about being raped by dick wolves

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

From the classy guys making jokes about being raped by dick wolves

Yeah, dick wolf rape is a serious issue

Nerdlord Actual
Apr 14, 2007

Awaken to your true self with Wisconsin Potatoes
Grimey Drawer
e: nope

JohnOfOrdo3
Nov 7, 2011

My other car is an asteroid
:black101:
PAX is a convention set up by the penny arcade guys. So that probably clued them in.

EDIT: GAH! NINJA EDITED MAN!

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Yeah, dick wolf rape is a serious issue

If the website is most certainly not "family friendly" why would they bother to do that to the convention that revolves around it?

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

LingcodKilla posted:

If the website is most certainly not "family friendly" why would they bother to do that to the convention that revolves around it?

Because the internet is different than real life, and you are the most ridiculous person in the world

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

No seriously. Why the hell would I take my family to a convention that may spark interest in the website were I would be very hard pressed to explain content and how gargling on rubber dongs is hilarious. Whatever.

I've spent over 3k on this uniform and variants of it.If you dont include the rifle and pistol then about 1.5k. Dont actually go to conventions but someday I might for fun. Cosplayers seem to have a hell of lot more fun than reinactors and you get hotels with working plumbing.

Crab Dad has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Apr 5, 2013

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
Shut up, post pics. What about this is so hard to comprehend?

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

Because the internet is different than real life,

So, you're saying the internet has a different set of RRRRRRRRRRRRRRULES!?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

This is definitely the thread to talk about Serious Issues.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

That's really cute. Took me a minute to realize who that was supposed to be, though.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Lance Streetman posted:

That's really cute. Took me a minute to realize who that was supposed to be, though.

Who is it?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Breetai posted:

Who is it?

WALL-E.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
If the fanart thread is any indication, it's a cosplay of an anthropomorphic fanart. Or maybe the other way around.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Let's see how some people have tried to cosplay that costume.

Now let's look at an even worse costume of that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VS8MzQFS7yo

Man those costumes just don't look good. I hope if I can ever get a sewing machine and some spare cash together that the costumes I'm working on don't look anywhere near as bad as those.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

The saddest Doc Scratch.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

I need this costume sooooo badly

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

The best part of Borderlands cosplay is that you can actually get away with spray-painted Nerf guns.

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

DrBouvenstein posted:

The best part of Borderlands cosplay is that you can actually get away with spray-painted Nerf guns.

When can't you? :confused:

Benny the Snake
Apr 11, 2012

GUM CHEWING INTENSIFIES

Breetai posted:

When can't you? :confused:
I used to be a member of my campus anime club and a few of the members made props. They'd make their guns from scratch to make it look as close to the character, such as Caytlin's rifle. That and you can charge more of course.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Holy poo poo I still have plenty of pictures from MAGfest to post. I should probably stop sitting on them like some kind of :smaug: and post some more already.

Kid was motherfucking adorable :3:

Here we see a good friend of mine locking wits and fists with the Common Deadpool (was gonna put a latin name here but :effort:)

There were a lot of interesting takes on Mario cosplays there.

Blurry, but I figure it fits the subject matter.

Sniping's a good job, mate!

I think this is an MLP. My friend asked me to take it and it was a decent cosplay so

Banjo & Kazooie

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

Tollymain posted:

Banjo & Kazooie

I'm assuming they just stuck together and she jumped on his back for pictures? Otherwise, that's some dedication right there.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

The best TF2 class, accept no substitutes.

Christmas Assassin

Decidedly less jolly.

Is this just a generic creepy plague doctor or is it something specific?

What is this?

What is this?

Did I mention I'm a real sucker for weird Mario cosplay?

Who is this?

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

morcant posted:

I'm assuming they just stuck together and she jumped on his back for pictures? Otherwise, that's some dedication right there.

Nope, I'm pretty sure she was on his back the whole time they were in costume.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

Tollymain posted:

What is this?

MC Bat Commander from the Aquabats

Tollymain posted:

Who is this?

Cable from the X-Men

Action-Man
Aug 12, 2007

Adventure Time
come on grab your friends

Tollymain posted: