Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.
:siren:STOP ACTING LIKE CREEPS:siren:

If there's one things nerds do well, it's make fools of themselves in public. This is the thread for posting pictures of good cosplay, bad cosplay, or just all-around interesting cosplay. Come with us and watch people blow thousands of dollars on a pretty costume.

The rules are simple. Don't make fat jokes, and don't go on long tangents about fat jokes. Don't go on long derails about specific pictures or specific cosplayers. And most important of all:

:siren:DON'T ACT LIKE A COMPLETE AND TOTAL CREEP. DO NOT MAKE CREEPY COMMENTS ABOUT ATTRACTIVE COSPLAYERS OR WRITE PARAGRAPHS ABOUT HOW SEXY YOU THINK THEY ARE. WE DO NOT NEED TO KNOW IF YOU JERKED IT TO SOMEBODY'S PICTURE.:siren:

Just follow these rules, post pics, and have fun.

Ed: Oh yeah, and EW wanted this in the OP:

quote:

Yes, it's a brand new thread all empty of posts. That does not mean you need to feverishly repost "classics" from other threads in days gone by. Simply continue on with new content

For questions about making costumes, go here.

Lance Streetman has a new favorite as of 22:50 on Apr 18, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT
Group of friends and I came to the realization that there hasn't been an Officer Quimby cosplay...EVER. You know, from Inspect Gadget. It's bullshit.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
An absolutely insane zombie getup. Click the photo for the whole gallery of this girl's work, it's really goddamned good. (Full story here.)

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Aatrek posted:

An absolutely insane zombie getup. Click the photo for the whole gallery of this girl's work, it's really goddamned good. (Full story here.)

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. I wonder how she did that ripped skin effect?

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.
My friend was Chex Quest for Anime Expo

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
This absolutely blows my mind.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

and...

(Wasn't sure if the second one was a table breaker or not)

Mywhatacleanturtle
Jul 23, 2006

Aatrek posted:

I hope this person is doing this professionally, because goddrat.

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep
Toronto Comicon:

Handmade classic Star Trek

Some X Men

Tiny Pink Vader

That R2 has the stolen plans, don't fall for it's bullshit Tiny Pink Vader!

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl

Mywhatacleanturtle posted:

I hope this person is doing this professionally, because goddrat.

Here's how she does it: http://imgur.com/a/pvtfH

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I was kind of expecting the instructions to be "first, put a firecracker in your mouth".

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Ringo Star Get posted:

Group of friends and I came to the realization that there hasn't been an Officer Quimby cosplay...EVER. You know, from Inspect Gadget. It's bullshit.

Bonus:

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

Wandering Son:

Borderlands:

Skies of Arcadia:

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I did Turbo from Wreck It Ralph for a con this weekend. Surprisingly to me there were like 2 other Turbos there. I guess Wreck it Ralph cosplay is starting to be huge.

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away

He didn't walk around in a garbage can the whole day? Way to gently caress it up.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

white Rose from SaGa Frontier

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Silentman0 posted:

He didn't walk around in a garbage can the whole day? Way to gently caress it up.

All Quimby ever did was get blown up and I bet that guy didn't spontaneously detonate even once. :argh:

Dr. Hurt
Oct 23, 2010

Got both of these from people's pictures on Tumblr. They are from recent cons, but I'm not sure where. (apologies if they have been posted before)

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

That kid got a letter from Peter Weller himself after those photos came out a while ago: http://www.geekosystem.com/robocop-kid-mail/

TShields
Mar 30, 2007

We can rule them like gods! ...Angry gods.

Dr. Hurt posted:

Got both of these from people's pictures on Tumblr. They are from recent cons, but I'm not sure where. (apologies if they have been posted before)

That is awesome. There's so many secrets in that goddamn show, but that one intrigues me the most. And it's just presented as some kid's show.

TunaSpleen
Jan 27, 2007

How do I say, "You're the grossest thing ever" without offending you?
Grimey Drawer
The drumsticks are a nice touch.

Aatrek
Jul 19, 2004

by Fistgrrl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39QSXqju51o

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

The kid had found himself somewhere he had never been before. He smiles at the possibilities...

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Gave me tingles! :D

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Are original creations allowed? X-posting this from the SCP thread, it's a zombie/werewolf cosplay (really) according to DA.

DeusExMachinima has a new favorite as of 17:03 on Mar 12, 2013

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:

Aatrek posted:

That is some of the most gruesome make up I've ever seen, amazing work.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010
I added a few more costumes to my cosplay resume recently. Branched out from my normal comics-only niche a little bit. Working on a Poison Ivy and Miss Fortune from LoL and oh god my entire life has become these stupid costumes. (I am ok with this)

Cinderella, because I am a toddler inside

Blind mag from Repo! The Genetic Opera

More Here

Suleman
Sep 4, 2011
^^
Isn't that our very own AssassinPrincess as Cinderella?

This Sagat, on the other hand, definitely isn't.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Hydrolith
Oct 30, 2009

AAAAAWW! :3:

That's absolutely adorable.

PutinOnTheRitz
Oct 25, 2010

Suleman posted:

^^
Isn't that our very own AssassinPrincess as Cinderella?

Nope, though I did mention the costume in that thread.

That Sagat is absolutely spot-on. Sometimes you're just born to cosplay one character I think, he's found it.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
The Sagat would've been perfect with some sort of scar apparatus but god drat that dude owns.

Wendell
May 11, 2003

Man, at a glance I thought some of those Sagat photos were screens from Street Fighter Alpha 3. Awesome.

Crazy Pigeon
Nov 2, 2010
Don't know if its alright to post something of mine that's still in progress but here it is. Sorry for the crap cellphone picture.

You can probably guess what it is. Still a ways away from finishing it but 50% of that has been done in the past 5 days so I'm on a pretty good roll right now. Hopefully I'll be done with it by the time iron man 3 premieres. (Next to it is a pretty much complete Halo Mjolnir Armor thats been put on hold until the weather gets better)

Hunky Joe
Dec 21, 2005

I'll fight crime when I feel like it...

Thwack! posted:

white Rose from SaGa Frontier

This is a very awesome outfit for a game that really didn't have "good" graphics for the time. How she envisioned that from a jumble of pixels is beyond me but it is pretty much how imagined White Rose would have looked. I think her hair was pink but overall that is ridiculously awesome and gets big points for being rather obscure.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Hunky Joe posted:

This is a very awesome outfit for a game that really didn't have "good" graphics for the time. How she envisioned that from a jumble of pixels is beyond me but it is pretty much how imagined White Rose would have looked. I think her hair was pink but overall that is ridiculously awesome and gets big points for being rather obscure.

Forgive me for this, but I believe it was based on one of Tomomi Kobayashi's illustrations of the characters in this game. This one in particular. It doesn't change the fact that it's great cosplay.

Thwack! has a new favorite as of 02:55 on Mar 13, 2013

Meis
Sep 2, 2011

PutinOnTheRitz posted:

Cinderella, because I am a toddler inside

Hey now, who doesn't want to be a princess when they grow up? Keep on living the dream!

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Meis posted:

Hey now, who doesn't want to be a princess when they grow up? Keep on living the dream!

DON'T STOP BELIEVING

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

DON'T STOP BELIEVING

I would totally watch Ewen MacGregor tinkerbell movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesoro
Dec 6, 2005

YOU CANNOT LEARN
TO WHISTLE
Some friends of mine as Krieger and his hologram from Archer.

• Locked thread