Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Die Laughing posted:

Are you my dad? I've never seen anyone else call him Rod Sterling.

Also, I've never seen the Twilight Zone movie. Is it worth a watch, or will I just be upset that it's a pale imitation to the original episodes, and that a couple kids died in a segment that's not even based off of an old story?

Like Lizard Combatant said, opening is fun and the Lithgow segment is pretty great. But everything else is just boring.

And a couple of years ago I went on a reading spree regarding the incident, even seeing the footage, and it still makes so loving sad when I think about those kids and the circumstances that all made it happen. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

Die Laughing posted:

Are you my dad? I've never seen anyone else call him Rod Sterling.

Oops. At least I didn't say Forest Whitaker.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Hey. The Joe Dante segment was great. :colbert:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Teenage Fansub posted:

Hey. The Joe Dante segment was great. :colbert:

I cannot believe I forgot about that :psyduck:

It is absolutely amazing.

The best thing in the entire movie and I forget it.

Probably because it's mentally shelved under 'Great stuff' instead of wherever the hell I parked Twilight Zone The Movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lizard Combatant posted:

It's been many years, but I remember it being pretty awful. The opening sequence with Dan Akroyd is OK, and the last segment with John Lithgow (the monster on the wing) is good. But the rest is a write off, especially Steven Spielberg's segment - total snoozefest.

It's a shame, I love the anthology format. I wish they'd make a better one.

Slice of life: Some kids once stole a parcel from my friend's mail box, the joke was on them - it was The Twilight Zone Movie DVD.

Spielberg was apparently supposed to do something a little more daring but then the whole accident thing happened and to avoid further controversy he just went for a middle of the road safe segment.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

Spielberg was apparently supposed to do something a little more daring but then the whole accident thing happened and to avoid further controversy he just went for a middle of the road safe segment.

Wasn't he supposed to do 'The Monsters Are Due On Maple Street'? In my opinion the best episode of the original series, and he swapped instead for a really rather crappy one. Probably a mistake putting it second as well since it really grinds the film to a halt before we even get to the best two stories.

schwenz
Jun 20, 2003

Awful is only a word. The reality is much, much worse.

I like the tagline quite a bit.

Am I in the minority in thinking that The Rock is getting too swole.
Every time I see a new picture of him he doubles in size. He's starting to look like a cartoon character. Has he surpassed Arnold in his heyday yet?

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

schwenz posted:

I like the tagline quite a bit.

Every time I see a new picture of him he doubles in size. He's starting to look like a cartoon character. Has he surpassed Arnold in his heyday yet?

Nah, you're right. He's transforming into an actual bear.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
Cast him for Beorn.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

schwenz posted:

At least it makes sense for this movie, though I do agree the "lean" Dwayne Johnson looks better.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

boom boom boom posted:

There's a line in Zebraman 2: Attack on Zebra City about America adopting a form of Zebra Time, but I never expected them to actually make a spin off showing how it worked.

Zebraman?

:psyduck::psyduck::psyduck:

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:
The first Zebraman was highly enjoyable.

Irish Taxi Driver
Sep 12, 2004

We're just gonna open our tool palette and... get some entities... how about some nice happy trees? We'll put them near this barn. Give that cow some shade... There.

And thats not even the strangest part. Takashi Miike directed both movies.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

I like the other posters better

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours

Irish Taxi Driver posted:

And thats not even the strangest part. Takashi Miike directed both movies.

The strangest part is that he probably directed 15 movies between those two.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Canned Panda posted:

It's still pretty well done and puts the stars face out there for everyday people.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

Isn't WWZ about zombies or whatnot? That looks like the poster of a generic war movie.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

Vegetable posted:

Isn't WWZ about zombies or whatnot? That looks like the poster of a generic war movie.

The book was really more about the effects of war on people after the fact, but it is also a book about zombies.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."

Canned Panda posted:

I was hoping it'd be more of an ensemble piece, but then it'd have to be 3 hours or in multiple parts. I'll certainly check it out, though.

Slim Killington
Nov 16, 2007

I SAID GOOD DAY SIR
"I'm just gonna casually kneel somberly at the edge of the bay of this banking plane, totally unaffected by wind. Or gravity."

Hedenius
Aug 23, 2007

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD posted:

The strangest part is that he probably directed 15 movies between those two.
I checked. He did 16. And a bunch of TV.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Slim Killington posted:

"I'm just gonna casually kneel somberly at the edge of the bay of this banking plane, totally unaffected by wind. Or gravity."

Has so much gel in his hair and hands he is super glued in place.

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

It's a helicopter that is tilted slightly, there wouldn't be that much force and wouldn't be that hard to stay up right.

Cpt. Spring Types
Feb 19, 2004

Wait, what?
It is a really bizarre thing he's sitting on, whatever it is. I'm not seeing it as a helicopter at all. I also can't tell which direction it's meant to be going, but it's definitely not moving with the rest of those helicopters. Weird.

edit: vvv Gotcha.

Cpt. Spring Types fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Apr 6, 2013

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Cpt. Spring Types posted:

It is a really bizarre thing he's sitting on, whatever it is. I'm not seeing it as a helicopter at all. I also can't tell which direction it's meant to be going, but it's definitely not moving with the rest of those helicopters. Weird.

It is a loading ramp:

And it is flying out of the city, the other ones have dudes with guns heading into the city to kill dead things.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

It's not new, but after reading this thread and wandering my local video store, I couldn't help but laugh when I saw this on one of the shelves:

Just...classic. Pasty washed-up white guys with orange flare trying to distract from the awful. Gotta love Colm Meaney's expression.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I thought that was the same terribly pasted Colm Meaney head as this one but it isnt. This Colm is clearly more concerned.

Cage fucked around with this message at 22:35 on Apr 6, 2013

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

It's like Sensible Soccer.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Cage posted:

I thought that was the same terribly pasted Colm Meany head as this one but it isnt. This Colm is clearly more concerned.

Wow. Colm looks like a bobble-head version of himself in that.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
Ray Winstone looks resigned to forever being a severed floating head.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I just noticed, but why is Ray's hand cut off by the frame of the guy behind him when he's standing outside the frame to begin with? What? :psyduck:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
They look like characters straight out of L.A. Noire, with bodies that don't fit their heads and heads that don't match their posture.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Lotish posted:

I just noticed, but why is Ray's hand cut off by the frame of the guy behind him when he's standing outside the frame to begin with? What? :psyduck:

It looks like they did it because he's holding a gun. You can see it on the DVD covers.

Dissapointed Owl
Jan 30, 2008

You wrote me a letter,
and this is how it went:

Lotish posted:

He's bending time and space and perspective to give tiny Jack Huston a discreet handjob.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

muscles like this? posted:

It looks like they did it because he's holding a gun. You can see it on the DVD covers.

Uh... check out what the woman is holding. Clue: it's a gun.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
Dammit Richard Harrow you deserve better.

Orunitier
Dec 5, 2010
Apparently, all roads lead to England.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
How many faces will Vin Diesel manage to get into in this one?

bowser
Apr 7, 2007

That's almost identical to the Fast Five poster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShufflerZero
Mar 21, 2009

Don't bother trying to keep in shape, you're just gonna get kidnapped or murdered anyway.