Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
neckbeard
Jan 25, 2004

Oh Bambi, I cried so hard when those hunters shot your mommy...
is next week's episode going to be longer or just 1hour long?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

LordArgh posted:

I would've been fine with this.

Sounds like Caesar was planning to kill Tiberius on the return trip given how he made sure Tiberius not Crassus was lured into the ambush. He probably was hoping Spartacus would kill off Tiberius in the ambush as revenge for killing Crixus.

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

etalian posted:

Sounds like Caesar was planning to kill Tiberius on the return trip given how he made sure Tiberius not Crassus was lured into the ambush. He probably was hoping Spartacus would kill off Tiberius in the ambush as revenge for killing Crixus.

I didn't think he'd been planning to kill him on the way back. He was hoping Tiberius would die in the initial ambush, but his reaction when Kore stabbed him made me think that he knew he'd be in deep poo poo with Crassus if he came back empty-handed.

hillaryous clinton
May 11, 2003

super dynamic
Taco Defender

neckbeard posted:

Was wondering the same thing. They have a lot a ground left to cover.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Scuzzywuffit posted:

I didn't think he'd been planning to kill him on the way back. He was hoping Tiberius would die in the initial ambush, but his reaction when Kore stabbed him made me think that he knew he'd be in deep poo poo with Crassus if he came back empty-handed.

Caesar makes the comment how "the return to camp on such a long journey is fraught with peril" which makes me thinking he had some sort of accident planned even if Tiberius made it out of the camp alive.

Despite the big risks Caesar has lots of incentive to deal with Tiberius.

etalian fucked around with this message at 21:20 on Apr 6, 2013

Scuzzywuffit
Feb 5, 2012

etalian posted:

Caesar makes the comment how "the return to camp on such a long journey is fraught with peril" which makes me thinking he had some sort of accident planned even if Tiberius made it out of the camp alive.

It's possible, but I thought he was just using "peril" as a synonym for "rape." If he'd wanted Tiberius dead, he could have just let Naevia do her thing and said he'd arrived too late (which would be true).

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The whole Naevia arc was great for a change showing how she is put into a decision of being able to take revenge but decides to give it up in order rescue survivors such as Agron from captivity.

Was also great how Spartacus allowed her the freedom to make the decision giving her the chance to decide that saving lives, was much more rewarding than fulfilling the desire for revenge against a enemy.

It ties back from the Separate Paths episode on the decision to seek glorious death/bloody revenge in battle vs. trying to save to lives.

I also assume the minor subplot of the serial killer carving up whores in the follower camp was mainly Tiberius going a rampage in his free time?

Diddie
Sep 1, 2001

What the heck is going on in here???
It was Tiberius killing Caesar's witness (to him raping Kore)

Jerkface
May 21, 2001

HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE DEAD, MOTHERFUCKER?

Fallen Rib

etalian posted:

I also assume the minor subplot of the serial killer carving up whores in the follower camp was mainly Tiberius going a rampage in his free time?

The prostitute is the one who told Caesar that Tiberius was sneaking around Kore's tent. Presumably its also one Caesar liked banging.

Tom Brady
Oct 17, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

LordArgh posted:

I thought the whole arena fight dragged on a bit. I didn't feel like any of the characters were in any danger, figuring the writers wouldn't let any of them die to a bunch of random redshirts, so there wasn't really much tension.

I agree with you 90% on this, I had a suspicion, mostly because of the meanies in this thread, that Gannicus might get it. Especially when they called in three dudes for him.

etalian posted:

I was almost positive Caesar was going to kill Tiberius. I'm glad that Kore got her revenge and all, but as I'm writing this, it isn't like Tiberius didn't also rape Caesar. Still can't believe that.

One other thing I wanted to touch on is that I'm kind of surprised at how many of you think this is one of the greatest shows on TV or of the past decade et cetera. Obviously I enjoy it a lot and its badass as all gently caress, but I just wouldn't go so far as to give it that kind of praise. Maybe I'm a bitch because gory stuff is hard for me to watch on TV.

That being said I've seen some gory poo poo in person and it hasn't effected me like that, I have no explanation for this.

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Scuzzywuffit posted:

It's possible, but I thought he was just using "peril" as a synonym for "rape." If he'd wanted Tiberius dead, he could have just let Naevia do her thing and said he'd arrived too late (which would be true).

Yeah the way he added something along the lines of "for someone who needs to learn who dominates whom" made me think he was alluding to revenge rape. Caesar was genuinely upset when Tiberius died - not because he wanted to kill him himself but because he needed to bring Tiberius (or something else) back in order to be made Hand.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
When Tiberius raped Ceasar he said something about putting him in his place and when Ceasar was about to take Tiberius back he said the same thing

So yeah he probably had something nasty planned

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

No one yelled out "for Cossutius." :(

Science
Jun 28, 2006
. . .

nooneofconsequence posted:

Because he's still alive in our nightmares.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

When Tiberius raped Ceasar he said something about putting him in his place and when Ceasar was about to take Tiberius back he said the same thing

So yeah he probably had something nasty planned

So Kore saved us from another scene with historically accurate Roman men's underwear.

Scob
Jul 17, 2005

That episode just reinforced my belief that 3 seasons of gladiator combat and roman political intrigue would have been more entertaining then the last 2 seasons. Well im sure most of the main rebels will get slaughtered in the upcoming episode except spartacus who will probably sneak away to live out his life with the redhead somewhere. Well it was a good ride while it lasted.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

So I'm posting this here just so you guys no matter how the show ends, Spartacus's cock will rage on.

There is a thread about self-publishing erotica and I decided that Spartacus was going to live on with bloody sex.

I am not including a link, and I am begging you or anyone else NOT TO BUY IT EVER. This isn't shilling, just sharing because I am going to miss the show and wanted Spartacus to live on either way.

I really want to stress it has nothing to do with the show other than the historical characters and even those are used incorrectly, do not pay anything for this book.

If it's even remotely profitable I will be putting out a sequel, "Spartacus and the Orgy of Pompeii".

If this violates any rules let me know I will delete this post instantly!

Wandle Cax
Dec 15, 2006

neckbeard posted:

It's just one hour.

calandryll
Apr 25, 2003

Ask me where I do my best drinking!

Pillbug

nooneofconsequence posted:

Oh man the Spartacus wikia is great. At last, Cossutius experiences unpleasant penetration himself.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Oh Spartacus production team

quote:

As mentioned on the Blu-ray commentary for Vengeance, Cossutius was originally supposed to die by the spear going through his mouth (symbolically portraying a fellatio-like death), instead of his shoulder/chest. The special effects for this proved too costly, however, so this was changed to a body hit instead.

Azure_Horizon
Mar 27, 2010

by Reene

Scob posted:

That episode just reinforced my belief that 3 seasons of gladiator combat and roman political intrigue would have been more entertaining then the last 2 seasons. Well im sure most of the main rebels will get slaughtered in the upcoming episode except spartacus who will probably sneak away to live out his life with the redhead somewhere. Well it was a good ride while it lasted.

There was still tons of roman political intrigue in the last two seasons, which have been stellar.

Fragmented
Oct 7, 2003

I'm not ready =(

Conquistador posted:

I agree with you 90% on this, I had a suspicion, mostly because of the meanies in this thread, that Gannicus might get it. Especially when they called in three dudes for him.

I'm not a meanie :( And i disagree 100%. I've never been more afraid for characters in TV than i was in the arena bit. It's the penultimate episode, and all the swagger just made me think we were going to lose someone. And i mean we all know how this ends(fighting space monsters in the future of course)

Edit:vvvv I noticed this too. It's not like i care about a 2 second titty shot. Now this episode happens and i sort of missed them.

Fragmented fucked around with this message at 03:22 on Apr 7, 2013

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

The only thing this episode was missing is one of the crazy extras baring a breast or a couple of them randomly having sex during the violence.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

I would have been kinda upset if Naevia got the killing blow on Tiberius. Her fight against Ashur was kind of a let down and to have two characters be cut down by such a weak character would have been lame. Granted what we got wasn't super amazing, but I feel it was better than what we were being led to believe.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

SaltLick posted:

I would have been kinda upset if Naevia got the killing blow on Tiberius. Her fight against Ashur was kind of a let down and to have two characters be cut down by such a weak character would have been lame. Granted what we got wasn't super amazing, but I feel it was better than what we were being led to believe.

She's a decent fighter after training with Crixus but obviously not god tier like the gladiator dream team.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
I just got finished catching up with this show, having started in about a week ago. Now my father and I are watching it (him for the first time, me for the second) over dinner.

I was excited to see Agron alive and I hope him and Nasir don't die in the last episode. I have a soft spot for them.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
What I got from the Cesar/Tiberius conversation was that Tiberius figured out Cesar knew about the treachery and threatened to tell Crassus. Cesar said this was an absurd claim and that the road home was dangerous as a threat, ie, "if you say anything you little poo poo I'm going to kill you."

Hollow Hills
Jan 27, 2013

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Boris Galerkin posted:

What I got from the Cesar/Tiberius conversation was that Tiberius figured out Cesar knew about the treachery and threatened to tell Crassus. Cesar said this was an absurd claim and that the road home was dangerous as a threat, ie, "if you say anything you little poo poo I'm going to kill you."

Except by the time Tiberius was able to say anything to Crassus he'd be off said road and Caeser wouldn't be able to kill him.

SinistralRifleman
Oct 9, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Boris Galerkin posted:

Caeser was going to rape him all the way home. He even used the tower above you line.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
Regarding the early discussion I think the show really started to get good from last season on, while I liked Batiatus, I thought most of the non-arena stuff was a little boring..

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

Oasx posted:

Regarding the early discussion I think the show really started to get good from last season on, while I liked Batiatus, I thought most of the non-arena stuff was a little boring..

Nice try, not taking the bait.

Confusion
Apr 3, 2009

Alchenar posted:

Yeah the way he added something along the lines of "for someone who needs to learn who dominates whom" made me think he was alluding to revenge rape. Caesar was genuinely upset when Tiberius died - not because he wanted to kill him himself but because he needed to bring Tiberius (or something else) back in order to be made Hand.

To me it seemed very much like he was planning to kill Tiberius on the way back. He was upset when Kore killed Tiberius because that left no reason for Spartacus to let him go; he thought it meant he'd be killed off too.

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed

Alchenar posted:

Nice try, not taking the bait.

I realize that other people enjoyed those parts, and I can understand why, i just watched the show for the fighting mostly, and wasn't that interested in everything else. Though I agree that the show improved early on in the first season.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I so want a gif of the amazing takedown of Tiberius when he tries to flee the ambush.

Gow
Feb 25, 2007

etalian posted:

I so want a gif of the amazing takedown of Tiberius when he tries to flee the ambush.

http://i.minus.com/ikH9if89oKdoi.gif

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

I'm not looking forward to this final episode at all.

I'm expecting to see a lot of deaths but this show is often very surprising so I guess there is some hope...

solovyov
Feb 23, 2006

LAWYER FIGHT

CODChimera posted:

I'm expecting to see a lot of deaths but this show is often very surprising so I guess there is some hope...

I thought I had braced myself for all the major characters dying, but when they had Agron survive a crucifixion all that went out the window and now I'm back to confused and worried and I just can't wait for this to be over but I don't want it to be over and oh dear maybe most of them will get away and then no they probably won't and it will be even more horrible for every sprig of hope I cling to.

I have to give serious credit to the writers that they could basically end this series any drat way they want to and I will say, yes, that is a good ending. They could completely ignore Crassus, have no more battles and spend an entire episode on Spartacus getting ready to get on a boat with Elves and I would be satisfied.

Jabbu
Aug 1, 2005

GODWIN'S LAW? WHAT THE FUCK IS GODWIN'S LAW YOU FUCKING CRYPTO-NAZI? WHY DON'T YOU STOP RAPING CHILDREN FOR FIVE MINUTES, PUT DOWN THAT GLASS OF PUPPY BLOOD AND JUST ADMIT THAT YOU'RE A FUCKING MONSTER

solovyov posted:

I thought I had braced myself for all the major characters dying, but when they had Agron survive a crucifixion all that went out the window and now I'm back to confused and worried and I just can't wait for this to be over but I don't want it to be over and oh dear maybe most of them will get away and then no they probably won't and it will be even more horrible for every sprig of hope I cling to.

I have to give serious credit to the writers that they could basically end this series any drat way they want to and I will say, yes, that is a good ending. They could completely ignore Crassus, have no more battles and spend an entire episode on Spartacus getting ready to get on a boat with Elves and I would be satisfied.

The season finale was spoiled recently. Gannicus, Spartacus, Agron and the rest of the crew get on a boat and sail to Essos to join up with Dany and the Unsullied to liberate the slave cities then retake Westeros.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Jabbu posted:

The season finale was spoiled recently. Gannicus, Spartacus, Agron and the rest of the crew get on a boat and sail to Essos to join up with Dany and the Unsullied to liberate the slave cities then retake Westeros.

You forgot to mention that they meet up with a boat that has Varro, Mira, Oenomaus, Diotimos, Rhaskos, Sanus, Donar, Duro, Acer, Totus, Barca, Nemetes, Liscus, Mannus, Plenus, Tychos, Brictius, Sophus, and Crixus. The boat is also piloted by Batiatus, Lucretia. and Ilithyia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

CODChimera posted:

Abandon all hope.

Steven DeKnight posted:

I think the finale encapsulates everything that we loved doing with this show. It has the romance, it has the amazing action, but it has an emotional core. It is just a gut-wrenching story, the way it unfolds. And I think the last two scenes of the finale are as powerful as anything we've ever done.

• Locked thread