Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tempest815
Oct 7, 2006

FALCON PUNCH!!

Lord Lambeth posted:

I remember one of the comments on the deviant art page completely changed one young brony's life, making him finally able to empathize with what happened in the vietnam war. :rolleyes:

edit: I was mistaken it was that holocaust one post earlier. Still, what the bloody gently caress is wrong with you if you can't empathize with the holocaust.

Autism. Autism explains everything in this thread. Sometimes there's a paraphilia involved, sometimes not. But it's always some sort of seriously debilitating lack of a theory of mind in these people that'd make them say "Wow, what I am doing is creepy and weird" but somehow, even if it does happen, we get "...NOPE MORE CRYSTAL FINGERS"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

If anyone is interested, here's the artist. Seems fairly talented and not really furry at all despite being on furaffinity.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

That's pretty awesome.

(the real patch)

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is

Lord Lambeth posted:

I remember one of the comments on the deviant art page completely changed one young brony's life, making him finally able to empathize with what happened in the vietnam war. :rolleyes:

edit: I was mistaken it was that holocaust one post earlier. Still, what the bloody gently caress is wrong with you if you can't empathize with the holocaust.

I'd say magnitude is a factor. The sheer scale of an event like the Holocaust makes it hard to grasp. Adding a pony is utterly tasteless, but it creates a mental link to something that these weirdos can grasp. Doesn't make it worthwhile or good, though.

(Then again I've been properly diagnosed as :spergin: so maybe I'm totally off base)

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

The problem isn't needing some connection, even an unusual one, in order to better sympathize with some horrific event. Putting oneself in the shoes of a victim of a historical (and therefore likely abstract) tragedy isn't the easiest thing to do, so anything that can help somebody make that leap is good for them.

When the connection comes in the form of a half-assed insertion of a cartoon character into a photo that was already specifically chosen because of its effectiveness for that exact purpose, however, it suggests an additional problem. The decision to publicly admit this fact without any trace of shame helps to narrow down the precise nature of the problem.

Content:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Didn't that last one become co-opted as official art after they saw it?

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

That's pretty awesome.

(the real patch)

This gave me an idea of looking for japanese Ace Combat fanart yet the search yielded me... Strike Witches? :psyduck:

Also Touhou.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
Strike Witches weirds me out. Anthropomorphized fighter jets and fighter aces as young girls with animal tails. Something you wouldn't expect to write out.

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

See? This I can believe is a joke. I can actually laugh at this - unlike these two...

"ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND!!!!!!! this is Dimond tryin to be that wolf, Ammy."
In response to people saying its Ammy.

This one's from a guy named Hectorthewolf, if a dog exists in fiction, Hector has most likely rendered it diabetic.

Here's a palette cleanser to get some of that extra-weight off your mind.

Plutonis posted:

This gave me an idea of looking for japanese Ace Combat fanart yet the search yielded me... Strike Witches? :psyduck:

I can see why people would buy this game...:pedo:

Senior Scarybagels
Jan 6, 2011

nom nom
Grimey Drawer

scarycave posted:

See? This I can believe is a joke. I can actually laugh at this - unlike these two...

"ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND ITS DIMOND!!!!!!! this is Dimond tryin to be that wolf, Ammy."
In response to people saying its Ammy.

This one's from a guy named Hectorthewolf, if a dog exists in fiction, Hector has most likely rendered it diabetic.

Here's a palette cleanser to get some of that extra-weight off your mind.

I can see why people would buy this game...:pedo:

According to wikipedia in one of the games for the nintendo DS you can massage one of the witches :pedo:

cobalt impurity
Apr 23, 2010

I hope he didn't care about that pizza.

DoctorPresident posted:

ORIGINAL ART BY ME, DO NOT STEEL

Oh, well if we're doing that...

(Original art not by me. Do steal.)

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

The creators are selling a comic and put this 'ad' with previews on DeviantArt:

Never mind the First Lady is a werewolf, the president himself is some sort of ape man!

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

I want that Phil Collins shirt more than I have ever wanted anything before.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.
For some reason, browsing through this thread reminded me of the book Tailchaser's Song, which is basically like Redwall or Watership Down or what have you but with cats. As a fantasy-loving cat person, I really enjoyed this book as a child, and I assumed that it would make for some pretty horrific fanart, so I had a look around DA.

This one's actually decent, but I love the grub-cat-thing in the bottom left.

Fat cat silhouette makes this one.

Have you even seen a cat?

Yep.

Reminds me of Dig Dug.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!

Is that cat driving the dog like a tank?

That's fine, I wasn't planning on sleeping tonight anyway.

This is one (hair) metal cat!

Holy poo poo I love the fish.

Only found one de-furried version.

And mercifully, this was the closest I came to Rule 34.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Crowetron posted:

I want that Phil Collins shirt more than I have ever wanted anything before.

I didn't think it was that great until I saw the "Su Su Sudio" on the skull. Is someone actually selling this, or is it just a mockup? Because I know someone who really needs, or at least deserves, this.

Radio Paranoia
Jun 27, 2010

It is now safe to turn off your computer.

Rollersnake posted:

I didn't think it was that great until I saw the "Su Su Sudio" on the skull. Is someone actually selling this, or is it just a mockup? Because I know someone who really needs, or at least deserves, this.

Sadly the images on the shirts are all pilfered from some kid's "gothic pix" folder. But if somebody did some original artwork for them I'm sure they'd sell like hotcakes!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice
Those shirts were for sale on Fab but got taken down.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

That is one happy, neckbearded sun. :sun:

Captain Capacitor
Jan 21, 2008

The code you say?

I love the concept of this one despite the work it needs.

HoboNews
Oct 11, 2012

Don't rattle me bones

Chinston Wurchill posted:

And mercifully, this was the closest I came to Rule 34.

I thought something was wrong with my eyes when I looked at this. So much blur...

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag

Taken straight from the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread.

I don't like that thread.

M as in Mancy
Apr 21, 2011

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Goon art can make wonderful strange fanart. Here's a bunch of non-spoiler weird art from the Deadly Premonition LP.

DicktheCat
Feb 15, 2011

These aren't weird. They're amazing.

If you know for a fact it's a joke, it stops being creepy and goes to funny. If you know for a fact.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

Weird and amazing are not mutually exclusive.

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

This one is actually really sad - person obviously has some issues that need resolving. :smith:

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug

Boxman posted:

This one is actually really sad - person obviously has some issues that need resolving. :smith:
If said issue is listening to Simple Plan in the year 2013, then yes.

It's Adventure Time fanart

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

HorseRenoir posted:

If said issue is listening to Simple Plan in the year 2013, then yes.

It's Adventure Time fanart

The original is essentially in an AT fan art episode.

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Arcsquad12 posted:

Strike Witches weirds me out. Anthropomorphized fighter jets and fighter aces as young girls with animal tails. Something you wouldn't expect to write out.

I think if you told Chuck Yaeger that some japanese animators turned him into a little girl that flies around without pants on he'd have a heart attack.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

I can't help but think that guy doing all of the horses in history photoshops was just doing it as a joke, if only because of this piece:

With this description:

quote:

1936 – Twilight Sparkle being patted on the head by Luz Long after winning long jump at the 1936 Summer Olympics.

Here are some things that aren't horses:

terrible pun

slightly less terrible pun

walter mug's gonna be in my dreams

There's a part two :nws:here

On the subject of terrible airplane anime:

Dogbutt
Nov 26, 2011

Look at my face.

Thwack! posted:

Taken straight from the Dangan Ronpa 2 thread.

I don't like that thread.

This is actually a spoof of Duwang, a very infamous Jojo's translation. So it's intentionally bad.

Lazlo Nibble
Jan 9, 2004

It was Weasleby, by God! At last I had the miserable blighter precisely where I wanted him!

razorscooter posted:

On the subject of terrible airplane anime:

Technically this should be May, as he has the pilot's license and would probably get a huge erection at the thought of being personified as some kind of semi-anthropomorphic Spitfire.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

Stig ain't giving no fucks about robot propeller legs.

Dr. Killjoy
Oct 9, 2012

:thunk::mason::brainworms::tinfoil::thunkher:

Arcsquad12 posted:

You know, none of those things even approach the worst thing about Strike Witches...(Don't watch it)
Also on anime.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Dr. Killjoy posted:

You know, none of those things even approach the worst thing about Strike Witches...(Don't watch it)
Wasn't planning on it. That bad?

Content:

scarycave
Oct 9, 2012

Dominic Beegan:
Exterminator For Hire

Dr. Killjoy posted:

Too late - I searched around for a clip that didn't have the "You have to log-in to watch this"...
I found a clip that I would call NSFW:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qnkg2A0M4hE
I'm sorry, but gently caress. gently caress. gently caress. gently caress.

Arcsquad12 posted:

Wasn't planning on it. That bad?

Yes.

SH Shattered Memories:

(This guy...has an entire gallery full of Danny Phantom pin-ups of the chicks on that show.)

Beware yonder Spoilers! Tread carefully if you have not played the game.
I legit thought this was the guy from Persona 3 at first:

Stamp Spoiler:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Concordat posted:

I think if you told Chuck Yaeger that some japanese animators turned him into a little girl that flies around without pants on he'd have a heart attack.

The series has been around for several years, so there's really no way he DOESN'T know at this point. I've heard anecdotal evidence that he's cool with it, but even the fact that he HASN'T raised a stink by now is proof that he probably at least doesn't mind/care.

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

Waffleman_ posted:

The series has been around for several years, so there's really no way he DOESN'T know at this point. I've heard anecdotal evidence that he's cool with it, but even the fact that he HASN'T raised a stink by now is proof that he probably at least doesn't mind/care.

Or, more likely, he is aware of the Streisand effect.

The Monkey Man
Jun 10, 2012

HERD U WERE TALKIN SHIT

Christ, those eyes.

razorscooter
Nov 5, 2008

Or more likely, he doesn't give two shits about anime.

More stig:

missed one

razorscooter has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Apr 10, 2013

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quatrefoil
Feb 13, 2010

razorscooter posted:

Or more likely, he doesn't give two shits about anime.

More stig:

This looked fairly nsfw in the thumbnail. Less so full size but Heather's expression/Stig's confident pose kinda fits.

• Locked thread